Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? (10936 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall / See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by tonicyril: 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
kereman1:

Dude was from osun state, I love him Wella cos of his die hard attitude, we bonded cos I have this lousy kinda character like a Yoruba guy, I'm from river state by the way.

I tot as much grin grin

Hardly would u see ekiti or Ondo who would fail his friends by not writing anything in the exam all, even if na semi-jargons grin
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Mubieey: 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
I remember when I’m in Level 300 their is a course called Real analysis for Mathematics related students, After Having spent all my time reading , I was disappointed because the questions are very difficult that I’m confused is it the course that we have learnt in the class, i pained me that I shaded tears at the moment 😭
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by VIKTO83(m): 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Bio 151 2002, Abuja Hall UNN.
Jonah and Chidinma.
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by tonicyril: 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2023
kereman1:
Another one, my department was one of the most unserious dept in futo, from students to hod, student come 5hours early just to keep seat for friends, we call it formation, our then departmental sec gen, obinna, was already at our exam centre at 5:30am to set formation, for a 9am exam, me and tolu got there by 6am, obinna had sellected the juicy Blindspot for his formation, he claimed over 20seats claiming that, it was for him, his guys and some mercineries, me and tolu wanted to be in the formation but obinna refuse, we beat up obinna before his colleagues came over, las las we still join the formation.
Are u and this tolu still together till date?
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by kereman1: 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
tonicyril:
Are u and this tolu still together till date?

As strong as a covalent bond

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by dereborn(m): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
I had two unforgettable exam experiences in the higher institutions . The first was in the polytechnic, Circuit Theorems And Analysis. This course was a nightmare for me and my friends, all effort to understand the concept didn't work ... Exam date was fixed. A week to the exam, I begged my mates to teach me the concept but help seems not to be coming my way, I gave up and concluded that I will carry the mad course over. A day to the exam,something happened in the school, a fight between the school Student Union and touts and we were asked to vacate the school hostels and premises until further notice.... I was very happy. I quickly came back to Lagos, met a friend who was studying the same course in Unilag. I told him of my predicament and he showed me a textbook . I quickly bought my own copy and started studying. The school was shut down for almost 3 months,during those periods I became a master of Circuit theorem and Analysis to the extent of writing my own book on that same course, all thanks to my Unilag friend.... Later on, school resumes, exam was rescheduled and I got an A. A sure F became a sure A

My second experience was in the university, a final year course in OAU. Mathematical Physics was something else, the lecturer was like a father to all of us, assuring us not to be afraid because he knew we weren't at same wavelength with him at all. He said our exam is a done deal. As if I knew, I kept studying, doing everything possible to flow with the the handout, past exam questions, jotted notes and all. On the day of exam, I was seated and the question paper was given to me. Our father figure surprised all of us....... The questions were something else, I flipped from question 1 to 6, I couldn't understand any. I asked my guy how far and he said" Baba don kill us o ". Thirty minutes into the exam, I was lost, I was sweating and my heart beat increased. All I could see in front of me was an extra year, a 4 unit course. All of a sudden I fainted, my mates rushed and poured water on my head. Later, I regained consciousness and the lecturer asked if I can still continue ,and I nodded in affirmation. A miracle happened afterwards, I started solving questions that I didn't initially understand. It was like I was giving the solutions to the questions in my state of unconsciousness. The result was released and I got a C

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by 22o62021: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
For Uniben

I get many stories

500LT

Men dey submit empty sheet

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by streetzdreamz(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
FitCorper:
grin
Op you want to take me down memory lane. Lol well I have had many crazy experience but two were outstanding because I expected to fail these courses but the results were diff.
1) During my 200level first semester in we were writing gly201 which was introduction to geology, I was sitting cbetween my guys Femi and Nelson. Nelson was a brain box and just kept on writing and drawing diff diagrams. I just Dey pity myself for exam hall as I never write anything because the lecturer Dr Fadiya use big big grammar take ask simple question o. I asked Nelson to open work small make I photocopy baba nor wan answer me, after like 30 mins I vex stand up take excuse comot hall go the basement which was empty as the exam was in the evening, I just bring out sk wrap am smoke very well for like 30 mins before I go buy to Tomtom chew and drink water, na so my mind calm down, I go back hall Sidon I look Femi never still write our two begin Dey look each other Dey smile because we know say na f we Dey play with so. As if I was possessed I just drag Nelson script open am begin dub Nelson o shock open mouth na Femi ask am say β€œif we fail this course you go like am?” Baba quiet come say make we fast I just pack diagram full all my script and dub the diagram explanation too. Come give am back small time we change formation come begin Dey dub from am as e Dey write. Result come out I get 50 while Femi get 56 I surprise o because na same thing me and copy.

2)During our chm101 practical exams the instructor a masters student was busy attending to the ladies and was ignoring our section β€œWetin man do man?” I no know o. We don wait tire me wen b stranger when small Yoruba just Dey sweet , not that I even know the meaning of the words o, but I just enjoy using them. I just shouted β€œOgbeni come answer us make we gerat jare. Immediately it was as if angel pass the hall 2 secs everywhere quiet the man begin rant who said that stand up. For where, nobody talk anything the man rant rant upandan say all the guys go carry the course over if them no talk. Everybody pim. Last last when result come out almost everybody get A sotey if you get B or C u become a laughing stock. Me get A sha. But na useless 1 unit course.
I miss my oau days sha. I had every grade the school had to offer from A-F.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
LMAO 🀣...... Think Nelson rings a bell. We both had our msc at UI. Baba still be guru Sha.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by tonicyril: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
kereman1:

As strong as a covalent bond
eeya
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Geniero: 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
Early 2000 _ WAEC _Chemistry
One of our guys smuggled Ababio Chemistry textbook into the hall, na so external invigilator show up and there was tension everywhere. My guy started tearing page by page of the text book to check for answers ,if him nor see any answer, na to fling the paper out (cos he had a seat window).Last last him fail the exam, irony of life na this guy first make am for our set legitimately (banking, construction and currently residing in the US)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Boyjaco: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
How the beautiful girls Dem keep calling my name for answers πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Nwaotu10(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
The accurate spelling of "is" eluded me during the intermediate grammar and composition course, which serves as the culminating offering within the English department's curriculum. grin
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by dontrulee: 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
shantti:
I remember when they removed a mechanical engineering student from his hall and put only him in our hall(chemical engineering). The guy became the only mechanical engineering students seating in the midst of chemical engineers and our hall was very very strict unlike theirs and the guy didn't study cos he hoped on doing malpractice. For over an hour this guy was looking confused and kept on staring at his paper. When it was 30 mins to go he had no other option but to start copying from my answer booklets even though we were writing different exams πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

He even borrowed pencil and ruler and neatly drew all the diagrams he saw in my booklets. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

When he was through he examined it and showed it to me and asked shey it's okay , I nodded and he jejely submitted his book πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This one off me.
Better to write rubbish than submit empty sheet
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Sleekjunior(m): 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
Omo Unizik fellaz I hail thee..if anyone went to unizik and studied under management faculty and banking and finance department..u would come across echekoba..now the guy don prof sha..Tough murderfucker..u can never get an A if u get B..na God's grace and e no fit pass two..then C na Thank God for ur life..Imagine exam people go get F him go still come class tell us say he added 20 marks for everyone and yet some people get 15..nonsense man..Anyways my own experience was when i was writing a 300 lv course..i don write my best o..to almost submit o..i say make i just look my guys to see if them dey alright..na so the man come say i dey copy from the guy @ the back..come put
-30 marks with a red pen on my booklet..and the guy behind me -20 and the guy behind shouted and said i wasn't copying from him and I just smiled and didnt say anything and submitted to him immediately..I Had a dream the previous nyte that sumtin like this occurred and it was -20 they deducted and not -30..na so I enter the staff room oh after exams...go meet the lecturer tell am my full name..i wear black that day and i get one wicked height..i told him if i eventually fail that course that he will remember by name. and when results came out there were only 6c's and i was among them.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by dontrulee: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
I have many crazy experiences.
My first mercenary work (writing exams for people) was when I was a secondary school graduate. I had just completed ssce and waec and was doing my A' levels program then. The physics teacher (a first class graduate from EKSU) took a liking to me and told me about one of his friends (a final year student of that time) who carried a course from 100level. I agreed to write the exam, on the day of the exam, I was highly prepared but jittery since it was my first time. I saw the questions and they were absolutely simple, I knew I would score an A. When I was answering number 4 out of 6 questions, the invigilator came to me and asked, you there, what's your matric number? I've never seen you in my class before. I don forget matric number. In summary I was caught, asked some questions I couldn't answer and sent out of the hall. Before the Prof sent me out, he went through my answers and was wowed, my answers were very detailed. I later heard the guy scored A and I was paid 20k.
Since then I've been doing mercenary till I stopped in 400level

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Manolo3107: 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2023
My 200l,na so I enter exam Hall,when I no read shishi,my guy Godfrey wey dey my front just dey dop from the expo he carry enter,baba write so tey he collect extra sheet,na so 30min to d end I call my guy tire,G give me the expo na,Bobo no gree answer me,like barely 10min to go, him come pass me the expo without knowing the invigilator was standing very close to me,omo I change am for am,na so me shout for exam Hall,who u dey give expo nah? Na 2 of us later fail..

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Fortune118005(m): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
9jaloyalist:
Oh God, it was my first semester 200l we wrote one Bio like that, the man Deliberately ask questions out of the course syllables and students manual because some of us disrespected him during his lectures. As the question paper was distributed the hall became noisy, immediately I knew something was wrong, as I received mine I didn't bother to check the questions until we were ask to, immediately I turned the page, I noticed I can't answer any of the questions because it is out of context, for the first time in my life something like that happened, I just smiled, pray and begin to write the story of my life, I filled as much pages as I can and submitted my booklet, lol and behold when result was out I got a C, rumors had it that we were the big boys for not failing the course πŸ˜ƒ.

Again OP NiFES people are amazing, NiFES is a training ground, don't hate us we love you and we love Jesus.

Proudly a NiFESian
What's NiFES?

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Fortune118005(m): 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
kay29000:
It was in 400 level.

I'm not good in maths, so any math related subject we did in my department always gave me a hard time. I failed this particular course in year 3, and was doing it as a carry over course in year 4. If I failed again, that was it... I would have had an extra year.

We were to answer 3 questions... The first was theory, I answered that one perfectly. When it came to calculation, I was stuck half way through the second question. This year 3 girl sitting in front of me saw I wasn't writing anything and signaled to me for us to switch papers that she had the answers on her question paper. I'm not the type to cheat during exams and I found it hard to do it, even though a lot depended on it. I finally summonded the courage to switch papers with her when the invigilator stepped out for a few seconds.

I quickly copied the second question. After that, I was like, with this, I know I can't fail. From my calculations, I would at least get a D. After a few minutes of me looking at the ceiling again, she whispered to me that she had completed the last question, and wanted us to switch again. I'm like, thinking to myself, this girl must have been sent by my guardian angel, cos I don't think I had ever spoken to her before. But I was too scared of not getting caught, so I froze. After hearing 5 minutes to go, the girl got up and walked to the front of the class as if she was going to submit her paper, but turned back and walked back as if she had forgotten something... Walked over to my side, swapped question paper with me, and walked back to the front to submit.

The question paper had the full workings for the third question. I copied and completed just in time before the invigilator stopped us.

I got a C in the course. That girl literally saved me from staying one extra year in the uni.
That girl really helped you... Did you later became friends with the girl?

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by killsmith(f): 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2023
The exam for Rigid body dynamics. We were just 8 in a 2000 capacity hall. The lecturer sat directly in front of me so I could not use the expo wey I carry for body. I dozed off, Woke up 2 hours later and submitted empty booklet.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by killsmith(f): 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2023
Mubieey:
I remember when I’m in Level 300 their is a course called Real analysis for Mathematics related students, After Having spent all my time reading , I was disappointed because the questions are very difficult that I’m confused is it the course that we have learnt in the class, i pained me that I shaded tears at the moment 😭

Given epsilon greater than zero, there exist bla bla bla..... grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Tywo2018: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
That moment when an External invigilator come into the Exam Hall suddenly after when the invigilator said you can do It but don't make noise. And the external team said you, you and you stop writing come out and they find something on you. Just know that your own done dawn be that. grin grin grin
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by DelphiOracle(m): 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
kay29000:
It was in 400 level.

I'm not good in maths, so any math related subject we did in my department always gave me a hard time. I failed this particular course in year 3, and was doing it as a carry over course in year 4. If I failed again, that was it... I would have had an extra year.

We were to answer 3 questions... The first was theory, I answered that one perfectly. When it came to calculation, I was stuck half way through the second question. This year 3 girl sitting in front of me saw I wasn't writing anything and signaled to me for us to switch papers that she had the answers on her question paper. I'm not the type to cheat during exams and I found it hard to do it, even though a lot depended on it. I finally summonded the courage to switch papers with her when the invigilator stepped out for a few seconds.

I quickly copied the second question. After that, I was like, with this, I know I can't fail. From my calculations, I would at least get a D. After a few minutes of me looking at the ceiling again, she whispered to me that she had completed the last question, and wanted us to switch again. I'm like, thinking to myself, this girl must have been sent by my guardian angel, cos I don't think I had ever spoken to her before. But I was too scared of not getting caught, so I froze. After hearing 5 minutes to go, the girl got up and walked to the front of the class as if she was going to submit her paper, but turned back and walked back as if she had forgotten something... Walked over to my side, swapped question paper with me, and walked back to the front to submit.

The question paper had the full workings for the third question. I copied and completed just in time before the invigilator stopped us.

I got a C in the course. That girl literally saved me from staying one extra year in the uni.
did u later find the girl to thank her?

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by PlsStayAlive: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2023
Mordson:
My most unforgettable experience was when I came late for my Chemistry paper during my GCE exams.

I had a habitual knack for tardiness. I used to come late to any appointment including school. So this exam was no exception. My examination center for the GCE exams was the main center for the whole state, notorious for having the meanest exam invigilators. I came late for the Chemistry paper when it was already 30 minutes into the Chemistry exam.

The head invigilator stopped me at the entrance and quizzed me on my reason for coming late, to which I gave a spurious reason. She said she would allow me into the exam hall after thoroughly searching me.

Ladies and gentlemen, this Jezebel of a woman that would rot in hell gave me something akin to a strip search after which she gleefully turned up with several incriminating stash of pieces of paper which I had scribbled notes for use in the chemistry exam. cry

I was thoroughly humiliated by the tramp and barred from writing the Chemistry paper which meant an automatic 'F' for me. I felt like my world has ended. I felt I should just die and leave this godforsaken world! What would I tell my dad and mum?

In my heart I cursed the witch and prayed to God to make her die a miserable death, and If I had the means back then, I swear I would have sent assassins after her. She was a very notorious teacher in that school and was despised by all the students. If the woman is still alive today, she should be in her Seventies.

Needless to say, that single incident has remained indelible in my mind and taught me a valuable lesson about tardiness/late coming.

And stealing answer πŸ€“
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Timoleon(m): 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2023
He is an out of the window(box) thinker. He had to make it.
Geniero:
Early 2000 _ WAEC _Chemistry
One of our guys smuggled Ababio Chemistry textbook into the hall, na so external invigilator show up and there was tension everywhere. My guy started tearing page by page of the text book to check for answers ,if him nor see any answer, na to fling the paper out (cos he had a seat window).Last last him fail the exam, irony of life na this guy first make am for our set legitimately (banking, construction and currently residing in the US)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by DelphiOracle(m): 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
Manolo3107:
My 200l,na so I enter exam Hall,when I no read shishi,my guy Godfrey wey dey my front just dey dop from the expo he carry enter,baba write so tey he collect extra sheet,na so 30min to d end I call my guy tire,G give me the expo na,Bobo no gree answer me,like barely 10min to go, him come pass me the expo without knowing the invigilator was standing very close to me,omo I change am for am,na so me shout for exam Hall,who u dey give expo nah? Na 2 of us later fail..
hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by kay29000(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
Prenonjebose:

Hope you appreciated her

I thanked her, but I didn't do as much as I wanted. I came in for that course as I had already finished with all my final year exams, so I didn't stick around long enough. But I always had it in mind to do more whenever I can locate her again.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by kay29000(m): 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
DelphiOracle:
did u later find the girl to thank her?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by kay29000(m): 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2023
Fortune118005:

That girl really helped you... Did you later became friends with the girl?

I was already done with my exams as a final year student, and I came in for that particular exam like a week later, so I didn't have much time to really appreciate her. But I did thank her.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by placeofallure(f): 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
Without meaning to be immodest, Exam has never messed me up. It's safe to call me an αΊΈfiwe. I don't really read like that. All through my university days, I never had a library card but I never miss class and once I listened in class, no Tsunami can take it away from me. I had a group of friends/roommates that we sit together during exams. I was the youngest. They ask me, but I never ask them, it's belittling to ask but I oblige them because we're like sisters.

One incident that fazed me.... I was sick in school, it became serious and I had to do surgery so I went back home. By the time I returned, they'd done the test, I didn't receive any lectures on the course cause the lecturer never came around until few weeks to the exams and I'd left school at the time. Long story short, I came back wanting to write an exam I had no idea what the course was about. I begged the lecturer to let me at the very least do the test in his office, he refused cause he wanted sex.
On the exam day, my friends offered to teach me in the hall but I wasn't comfortable with that even though it was so easy to cheat as we were being watched by the dept. office assistant but I declined. I'll rather carry the course over. And that was what happened. I just wrote my name on the paper, my matric number and I returned it to the department clerk. People were shouting wait, wait! Even the clerk said "You can teach yourselves but don't make noise" I just can't!

The following year while I was resitting for the exam, this lecturer was right there in the hall. I sat in front and he sat right in front of me, he was even gisting and throwing light shades my way but I was unfazed... somebody that I had plans for. I don't cram but this particular course, I mean this man, he will have to explain it if I don't get my 'A'. I gave him back the exact way he gave it to us in his handout, 4 pages, word for word! Come and fail me let me see!

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by dayorh0(m): 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
Quidsin:
Adesoye in Economics department. I will not mention the school.

My biro fell down, he asked me to write 'minus -70', that he was going to sign off on it.

Wicked short man devil.

Greatest OOUites

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lol.. sometimes it's better you just dance to your sorrows... grin grin cheesy

I had already made peace with the fact that I was gonna get a zero on those questions and while I was busy nodding my head, I was thinking of the type of nonsense to write.

But fortunately, I got the other questions correct and passed the exam... grin grin grin
UDUJ:

Lol at the boldfaced cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What Was Your Unforgettable Experience In Exam Hall? by FitCorper: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
streetzdreamz:

LMAO 🀣...... Think Nelson rings a bell. We both had our msc at UI. Baba still be guru Sha.

Nelson. That boy is the definition of work hard play hard. Always joking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The 2018 Aberystwyth University International Scholarships Is On, See Details / You’re Insincere, Deceptive, ASUU Tells FG / Waec Subject Required For Economics Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.