Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja (85704 Views)

Lagos Govt To Demolish Unapproved Buildings After Amnesty Period โ€” Lagos Govt / 7-Floor Collapsed Building In Banana Island Was Unapproved - MPPUD Lagos / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Lama70(m): 2:21am On Aug 29, 2023
sunnitus:
This is people's hard earn money, wike should trade with caution, FCT nobi PH....things are hard

I agree with you completely that the houses were built with hard earned money. But does that preclude the fact that they deployed their hard-earned money foolishly? I don't understand how somebody is told not to do the wrong thing because of the consequence and they still go ahead to do it

The price of a plot in these areas run into several millions. How on earth would they pay such huge sums for them to go do the wrong thing? Despite several warnings?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by coputa(m): 2:31am On Aug 29, 2023
ecomalchemistt:
Wicked,wike
That's the name we all call anyone doing the right thing in Nigeria.Nigerians are their own enemies.everybody likes a good person but nobody wants to be that good person.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by coputa(m): 2:34am On Aug 29, 2023
Lama70:

I agree with you completely that the houses were built with hard earned money. But does that preclude the fact that they deployed their hard-earned money foolishly? I don't understand how somebody is told not to do the wrong thing because of the consequence and they still go ahead to do it

The price of a plot in these areas run into several millions. How on earth would they pay such huge sums for them to go do the wrong thing? Despite several warnings?
They knew people in government and they think those people will remain in government forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by LegacyB: 2:39am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
He should enjoy his temporary power. His boss Tinubu has less than 2.3 months to be booted out
My sympathy to the developer though. But be more realistic. I know you know this your 2 to 3 months dream is a mirage. December will come you will till move this Dream forward. Oga wake up.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by coputa(m): 2:40am On Aug 29, 2023
NewDea4:

Wike will not last a year in that office
Who will remove him,this is not buharis government this is fantastically corrupt.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by ValarDoharis: 2:43am On Aug 29, 2023
This overconfidence will be the undoing of Tinubu and his supporters
LegacyB:

My sympathy to the developer though. But be more realistic. I know you know this your 2 to 3 months dream is a mirage. December will come you will till move this Dream forward. Oga wake up.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by cococandy(f): 2:44am On Aug 29, 2023
Who regulates buildings in Nigeria? Why is this a common occurrence that peopleโ€™s property gets demolished with wanton recklessness like this?
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by HussenAdul: 2:53am On Aug 29, 2023
I hope the owner will be compensated? Wrong timing!
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Love56743: 2:57am On Aug 29, 2023
AskNgige2:

Close to PDP office
If wike should demolish pdp office in Abuja that would be the highest fuckup, even he has issues with pdp because of presidential ticket, He shouldn't forget that pdp has help him, if not for pdp he won't have been were he his today
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by stevups(m): 2:58am On Aug 29, 2023
miekoe:
To build is a problem , to destroy is not. Why not take ownership instead of destroying something that was built with millions of hard earned cash.

Who told you it was hard-earned? Anyone that built multimillion mansion can never be hard-earned.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by LegacyB: 3:20am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
This overconfidence will be the undoing of Tinubu and his supporters
Ok by December this should be clearer. But I hope there would be no complain again by then.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:31am On Aug 29, 2023
9jatriot:
Not likely, these first set will most likely not be vendetta but just to set the ball rolling.
They will also use a scape goat where Wike will even demolish his own property or that of the ruling party, then the real vendetta or malarinna will start. Then Atiku go try to hurry up CSU to quickly respond because he knows Wike non de look face.

I imagine a lot of folks will be going to FCDC to regularize their papers in the next few weeks. that is more more for FCT.

I don't think someone like Atiku would stoop so low to acquire illegal land in fact & even build on it.
I doubt!
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by RosyIsBlessed: 3:31am On Aug 29, 2023
miekoe:
To build is a problem , to destroy is not. Why not take ownership instead of destroying something that was built with millions of hard earned cash.

Exactly what would have happened in better countries
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Maski87: 3:48am On Aug 29, 2023
5999 more to go,operation abuja must go down
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by NaMe4: 4:23am On Aug 29, 2023
miekoe:

Who would take ownership? The government?
The land has an owner, someone else went ahead to develop an unapproved structure on the land.

The best course of action is to demolish the structure and take legal action against such person.

This would deter land grabbers and those who think they can flout laws and regulations.

1 Like

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by RushManni: 4:36am On Aug 29, 2023
dragunov:

They will be touched. Trust me ๐Ÿ˜‰. Neither Buhari nor Miyetti Devil Association can do shit. Trust me ๐Ÿ˜‰.

I believe we go dey dey observe ...... Make we watch then
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by FuckTheMod: 4:38am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
He should enjoy his temporary power. His boss Tinubu has less than 2.3 months to be booted out
Or deh
Keep chasing shadows grin
You should multiple that 2.3 X 45 grin >
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Besuccesful: 4:38am On Aug 29, 2023
Please is fct minister main job is to demolish buildings? Because that seems to be there only portfolio that I know.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by FuckTheMod: 4:39am On Aug 29, 2023
miekoe:
You can't take ownership of what you didn't build ... You'll never have peace of mind...
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by brightleave(m): 4:53am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Na wao! Your own self strong o. Some people neva know say election don finish sef angry grin
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Larryndelaw: 4:56am On Aug 29, 2023
sammyj:
shocked shocked shocked shocked I thought they said Wike was just joking. Wike no they joke oooo!! sad sad sad
U dey mind obidient. They can make noise. Anything they touch is failures
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Hoelujohn: 5:01am On Aug 29, 2023
badman007:
As E dey pain them, E go dey sweet us.
When governor of Kano was doing his own demolition una dey cry more than the bereaved.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by ValarDoharis: 5:12am On Aug 29, 2023
Election is only over afyer Supreme Court judgement
brightleave:
Na wao! Your own self strong o. Some people neva know say election don finish sef angry grin
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by ValarDoharis: 5:13am On Aug 29, 2023
E go shock una
FuckTheMod:

Or deh
Keep chasing shadows grin
You should multiple that 2.3 X 45 grin >
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by demoBaba: 5:31am On Aug 29, 2023
MAKAPOLY:
Less than two weeks in office and the first step this man could think of is demolition. What sort of crass mindset is that?

Abuja Development Control has been demolishing unapproved building before wike became minister. They monitor design and approval also make sure no one build on water way and others. So wike may not even carrier along on this.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Bizibi(m): 5:34am On Aug 29, 2023
There are many of them doing this nonsense in Abuja but Development control also have corrupt officials that allow people build without approval and it still baffles me why a developer will bribe a civil servant when he or she knows that that civil servant will retire from service . I don't pity people whose house are demolished because development control always warn them but people are just stubborn.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by zaltman(m): 5:36am On Aug 29, 2023
MAKAPOLY:
Less than two weeks in office and the first step this man could think of is demolition. What sort of crass mindset is that?
It is called 'hit the ground running'
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by penearth(m): 5:42am On Aug 29, 2023
landmark86:
Me immediately dey announced Wike the minister for FCT.
Na village straight

Omo dia building eh, na photoshoot
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Tareq1105: 5:43am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:

Repost when you wake up from your delusional state.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Bizibi(m): 5:47am On Aug 29, 2023
MAKAPOLY:
if you know the illegalities that has been going on you won't say this. Some Nigerians don't like to follow the process and opt for sharp malpractices or corner cutting. If the successive ministers after EL RUFAI had followed the blueprint the mess won't be this much.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 29, 2023
miekoe:
maybe a building wasn't meant to be there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive / Lady Shares Photos Of Dirty House Of A Benin 'Big Boy' She Visited / Who Needs A Dream Home Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.