Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja (85685 Views)

Lagos Govt To Demolish Unapproved Buildings After Amnesty Period — Lagos Govt / 7-Floor Collapsed Building In Banana Island Was Unapproved - MPPUD Lagos / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by ValarDoharis: 7:28am On Aug 29, 2023
Don't gloat until the final judgment of the Supreme Court.

On Peter Obi will the new Nigeria be built and the gates of criminality, forgeries, identity theft and perjury will not prevail against him
easzypeaszy:
hahahahahahaha u talk am b4 election, u talk am Durin coalition of result, u gave 29th May as deadline, He no finish school, He do drugs, he kill endars youths, Biden hates, he wll be booted out and now dis.

JUST GIVE UP BRO
DIS GUY WILL DO DIS 4YRS
UNLESS DEATH CARRY AM GO WER HIM NOH KNOW
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by blaise26abj(m): 7:29am On Aug 29, 2023
ttobizz:
Someone else built on someone else's land, how deos this concern the FCT Administration?
Or has Wike suddenly become a judge?

The rightful owner probably went to complain about the land, FCTA did their investigation and demolished . Usually before building approval in abuja , FCDA goes to verify the authenticity of the land document in AGIS and request proof of identification of the owner . That developer obviously dealt with the wrong owner and started building without approval .

1 Like

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Propaddy: 7:35am On Aug 29, 2023
Webinar: Improving Tenant Experience Using Technology

Tenant experience is a critical aspect of property management, as it directly impacts tenant retention and attraction. Providing a positive tenant experience might span from creating a welcoming environment, offering amenities, customer service to organizing community events that make your tenants feel at home.

Whether you're a seasoned property manager or someone renting out a property for the first time, this webinar will provide you with invaluable guidance to help you improve your tenants experience using technology.

We look forward to welcoming you at the webinar.

Click the link below to join our webinar waitlist.

https:///3OI5ihV

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by blaise26abj(m): 7:35am On Aug 29, 2023
thesicilian:

The same question I'm asking myself. Shouldn't the two persons involved be allowed to settle their issue in or out of court? And if the building wasn't approved, shouldn't the FCT wait for the court to decide and then either approval is obtained with a heavy fine, or finally demolished if it was the wrong structure for the area?

Valid question regarding the issue of ownership of the land . However you cannot build a house without approval even if you are the owner of the land . All the critical stages- foundation , suspended floors etc must be inspected to ensure compliance with building codes . Without approval , they can’t inspect the building invalidating that house and demolition is the next thing ( rightful owner or not )

1 Like

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by easzypeaszy(m): 7:43am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Don't gloat until the final judgment of the Supreme Court.

On Peter Obi will the new Nigeria be built and the gates of criminality, forgeries, identity theft and perjury will not prevail against him
If dats wl keep u happy..continue dreaming and hoping
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by ValarDoharis: 7:45am On Aug 29, 2023
This overconfidence you have that no matter the evidence against Tinubu, nothing would happen will shock you guys. Do not say you never saw it coming
easzypeaszy:
If dats wl keep u happy..continue dreaming and hoping
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Masterito(m): 7:56am On Aug 29, 2023
If this news sweet you, then I wonder how you want to progress.
badman007:
As E dey pain them, E go dey sweet us.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by discusant: 7:57am On Aug 29, 2023
Reference:

Then he should provided documentary evidence stamped and signed by whoever was in office, perhaps with evidence of payment to who or what.

You don't put up a multimillion naira edifice based on word of mouth or verbal agreements/approvals.

With that he can seek legal redress and he will be vindicated. But I guess not.

Legal redress? In Nigeria with many of the judges whose appointments were largely influenced by APC/Bola Tinubu over the years? Nigeria is approaching the Taliban mode.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by thesicilian: 7:58am On Aug 29, 2023
blaise26abj:

Valid question regarding the issue of ownership of the land . However you cannot build a house without approval even if you are the owner of the land . All the critical stages- foundation , suspended floors etc must be inspected to ensure compliance to building codes . Without approval , they can’t inspect the building invalidating that house and demolition is the bone they thing ( rightful owner or not )
I see.
Thanks for shedding light on it
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by thesicilian: 7:59am On Aug 29, 2023
dragunov:

He was unable to provide documents to back up the claim that the land now belongs to him. No approved building plan. No agreement. No Ministry of Lands endorsement. No nothing. On government land? No be juju be that?
Lol
It's sad though, all that money wasted.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Rumundele(m): 8:01am On Aug 29, 2023
Demolished without compensation, this is the real definition of wickedness.
Many bought property without having access to the master plan, if they do they will not buy property that is illegal
After labouring hard to get this property, one sycophant will wake up and level everything to the ground.
They should kwantinue all i know is power is transient.
I rest my case.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by easzypeaszy(m): 8:02am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
This overconfidence you have that no matter the evidence against Tinubu, nothing would happen will shock you guys. Do not say you never saw it coming
I love dat
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Abifarin16: 8:14am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
You don't know that times have changed and Tinubu is not the rest wothout baggage

Just Dey Watch. Shay na this country we dey.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by ubox: 8:33am On Aug 29, 2023
9jabox:
Another el-rufai is loading. This one may even be more ruthless.

A family friend once used his gratuity to buy a plot of land in Abuja in 1998, built a twin flat on it, rented one and lived in the other with his family. In 2002, the house was demolished with his property inside. The had a heart attack and was taken to the village, months later he died.

A lot of other people suffered the same fate during those years of terror.

I don’t know what you want to make of this information oh, but I hope we can learn to put a human face to justice sometimes.
What was the reason for demolition?
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Amayabor1: 8:42am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
You're making childish comparisons

Lol. No problem. Una sabi cry when decision nor go una way. I hope it doesn't repeat itself when the supreme court affirm Tinubu as the duly elected president.

1 Like

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by blaise26abj(m): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2023
Rumundele:
Demolished without compensation, this is the real definition of wickedness.
Many bought property without having access to the master plan, if they do they will not buy property that is illegal
After labouring hard to get this property, one sycophant will wake up and level everything to the ground.
They should kwantinue all i know is power is transient.
I rest my case.

Many bought without access to master plan ? Really ? Have you heard of AGIS ? That is a government office that verifies all lands in abuja . You can walk in there yourself before buying any land . Many Nigerians are very unlawful . They believe with their money they can Misbehave . Same issue of non compliance with the master plan made the government move the capital from lagos to abuja .

There are state and federal government agencies that have the responsibilities to verify these things . Many people will rather buy a 2.5 million land than pay 50-100k to investigate the land . A classic case of penny wise pound foolish .

1 Like

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Amayabor1: 8:45am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
You're making childish comparisons

All the political permutatons you people made that the hausas/fulanis will betray Tinubu. That he will lose the APC presidential ticket. That Buhari will betray him. How far? grin

You people are bad political analyst. That's the fact! It's all emotions.

I don't take you people serious again after the US 2020 presidential elections.

Na emotions una get. No brain!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by GetSenseNow: 8:54am On Aug 29, 2023
miekoe:
To build is a problem , to destroy is not. Why not take ownership instead of destroying something that was built with millions of hard earned cash.
That's something I don't understand. Why doesn't government just take possession of such building?
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by ValarDoharis: 9:00am On Aug 29, 2023
We told you that Bubu is no good, that he'll ruin Nigeria, how far?

We told you Tinubu would be Bubu pro max,
in three months, how far?

Obi is coming within months
Amayabor1:

All the political permutatons you people made that the hausas/fulanis will betray Tinubu. That he will lose the APC presidential ticket. That Buhari will betray him. How far? grin

You people are bad political analyst. That's the fact! It's all emotions.

I don't take you people serious again after the US 2020 presidential elections.

Na emotions una get. No brain!
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by patorial(m): 9:10am On Aug 29, 2023
miekoe:
To build is a problem , to destroy is not. Why not take ownership instead of destroying something that was built with millions of hard earned cash.

I don't you understand what it's meant by unapproved.

What will you do with a building you deemed not suitable to take site?
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by 9jabox(m): 9:10am On Aug 29, 2023
ubox:

What was the reason for demolition?

El-rufai said the entire settlement was not part of Abuja plan. Most of them got no compensation. The few that did didn’t even get half of what they lost.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by AbuAeesha: 9:13am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Nobody is invincible, Tinubu time is up. His corruption will catch him within months
be specific.
how many months??
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by ValarDoharis: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2023
Less than 3 months
AbuAeesha:

be specific.
how many months??
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Pandar01: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
He should enjoy his temporary power. His boss Tinubu has less than 2.3 months to be booted out

Three months later ,you all will still say court rigged the judgement.

Make una continue.

Court should remove Tinubu and install Obi, una funny o 🤣😂😂😂
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Abbeytoy(m): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

You don't love to enforce the law. You only love to see people in pain, just like sadistic poor people because you can never measure them...
You are not different from the scrapping scavenging Abokeys who wait around the building about to be demolished like hungry hyenas to loot the remnant of the building.

It seems you're one of the lawless people because I don't know why you should cry at my mention if you're not guilty.

If your family house is there, I will destroy it in your face, if you want to die, die... Na mass burial they end people like you.

1 Like

Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by ValarDoharis: 9:20am On Aug 29, 2023
Yes because Obi won the election
Pandar01:

Three months later ,you all will still say court rigged the judgement.

Make una continue.

Court should remove Tinubu and install Obi, una funny o 🤣😂😂😂
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Pandar01: 9:22am On Aug 29, 2023
MAKAPOLY:
Less than two weeks in office and the first step this man could think of is demolition. What sort of crass mindset is that?

And this imbe below will take over 👇👇

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by AdaojoTheUrchin: 9:42am On Aug 29, 2023
Abbeytoy:

It seems you're one of the lawless people because I don't know why you should cry at my mention if you're not guilty.

If your family house is there, I will destroy it in your face, if you want to die, die... Na mass burial they end people like you.

Poverty wan kill you finish. I know say no member of your family has ever priced a bag of cement or mould of block.That's why your grandfather's mud house in dusty Ogbomosho remains decrepit, generations after generations.

Abbeyrudeen, you are destined to die in penury, my investments and landed properties are scattered in Asaba, Imo, Abia, Anambra, Lagos and Ogun. The loss of one property or investment will always be replenished in multiple folds as has always been.

Keep looking for a rich man's downfall, so you can rejoice in your congenital and familial curse of poverty. Wallow in your penury till death..
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by Pandar01: 9:47am On Aug 29, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Yes because Obi won the election

Which election obi won ?

Una funny Sha ..

Even Obi deep down his mind knows there is nothing for him ,

But his followers are too blind and dumb to see that
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by nnamdi640: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2023
dragunov:

You just showed him that it's paining you.😜😜😜😜😜
Paining me in what way? What will it benefit you even if it is paining me.
Re: Unapproved Building Demolished At Wuse Zone 6, Abuja by ValarDoharis: 10:03am On Aug 29, 2023
Obi won the election hands down!
Pandar01:

Which election obi won ?

Una funny Sha ..

Even Obi deep down his mind knows there is nothing for him ,

But his followers are too blind and dumb to see that

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive / Lady Shares Photos Of Dirty House Of A Benin 'Big Boy' She Visited / Who Needs A Dream Home Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.