Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? (39327 Views)

Happie Boys To Be Deported From Cyprus Within 30 Days - Leaked Chat / Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) / Nigerian Man Begs To Be Deported After 5 Years In Italy/Germany (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by TWoods(m): 5:59pm On Mar 17
Spanishmilf:
Is it possible to deport a greencard owner

Green card is not citizenship, only the permanent right to live and work in the US, which can be revoked at any time.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by kunle75(m): 7:24pm On Mar 17
Glock22:

The goal is to take every chance. Asylum is yet another chance.

Irrespective of what homeland has, situations change and he can now claim that his life is being threatened.

Please trust that I do not have sympathy for anyone that does crime. I am only providing information because I know people deserve second chances.

I wish you best of luck
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 79733139(m): 12:07pm On Mar 18
The $200k wasn't worth it at all.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:24pm On Mar 20
Onefornaija24:

ICE already put a detainer.

He has a kid with a USA citizen

Do you think there is anything he can do to avoid deportation?

Does he already have an Immigration attorney working on his case? He has a kid with a citizen but it seems he is more concerned about using the kid as an excuse or find a loophole than he is concerned about staying to support his kid. When is he set for release? His chances are grim.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:25pm On Mar 20
Onefornaija24:

like Euro countries share data together?

Yes. Definitely the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Onefornaija24: 7:24am On Mar 21
1stGenAmerican:

Does he already have an Immigration attorney working on his case? He has a kid with a citizen but it seems he is more concerned about using the kid as an excuse or find a loophole than he is concerned about staying to support his kid. When is he set for release? His chances are grim.

No, i am the one talking about the kid here.
Yes is set for May.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by PoliticalChinex(m): 2:58am On Mar 29
[quote author=Onefornaija24 post=125430254]My primary school mate just got convicted in the USA for 36 months.

It had to do with money laundering, aza man issues about 200k USD.

He has a green card but not a citizen.

He has been in the USA since 2017.

He has 2 kids he gave birth to there with naija wife.

HE WILL BE DEPORTED ASAP AFTER SERVING PRISON. ONLY AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE FREE FROM DEPORTATION AFTER COMMITING SERIOUS CRIME
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by BscHolder: 6:12pm On Mar 29
1stGenAmerican:

Yes. Definitely the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia
hi!
Can I reach out to you via mail?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) / Anambra Explosion: Delta State Fire Service Came To The Rescue (photos) / Lagos To Abuja Flight Cost - Arik Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.