Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,178 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? (39323 Views)

Happie Boys To Be Deported From Cyprus Within 30 Days - Leaked Chat / Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) / Nigerian Man Begs To Be Deported After 5 Years In Italy/Germany (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by AllenSpencer: 12:44am On Aug 30, 2023
Deportation is a constant!

With the Nigerian identity, he is cooked and done! 🤣🤣🤣

Start making plans on how you will pick him up at the airport.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by YesDaddyTill203: 12:46am On Aug 30, 2023
TemplarLandry:
After doing the bid, hell definitely be deported and banned from re-entering the US.
His only saving grace is his American kids. When they clock 18, through the aid of a good immigration lawyer, they can bring their dad back to the US.

It's not so easy. They can't just bring their dad back.
10 years after he has been out of the US, he can apply for approval (not sure of the name) for his kids to apply for him.
His chances are less than %1 because he was deported for fraud and he's from Nigeria.
Nigerians are known for fraud hence his chances of getting any compassion are very very slim.

I know two people in a similar situation that I'm trying to help now to get back to the US.
If he had been deported for lesser crimes, he would have had a better chance, but fraud is seriously frowned upon, especially for Nigerians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by grandstar(m): 12:47am On Aug 30, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Attorney here—deportation is definitely in his future. Good behavior can, in some cases, earn a shorter incarceration period but it won’t stop removal proceedings. You said he was sentenced to 36 months. His attorney should’ve already discussed expectations with him prior to sentencing.

my inlaw was deported in1997 after serving 3years of a 6year sentence. He was never allowed back again.

It was definitely 1997, the year Mobutu was toppled as we were discussing Laurent Kabila.

8 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by int0x80(m): 12:48am On Aug 30, 2023
Since he's not a citizen yet, he will definitely be deported and banned after his jail term. If he has any money in his account, the restitution will be recovered from there. That really served him very well, he got what he deserved. Some of these greedy bastards don't learn. And the most annoying thing is that majority of them don't even utilize the money properly. You will see them driving expensive cars without any job or business to their names. Spending recklessly in African clubs just to impress some cheap African women. Smh 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Leebeedo(m): 12:50am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:

If they deport him,who will now pay restitution?

His restitution is a debt and will be considered a bad debt.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by YesDaddyTill203: 12:51am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:
He was also ordered to make restitution

If they deport him, how will he pay?

The restitution is just in case he has properties that the govt can go after in the US or Nigeria. It's not a must that he satisfies that aspect for the sentence. He will not be allowed to stay in the US past when he can be deported back to Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by SonofGod231: 12:54am On Aug 30, 2023
TemplarLandry:
After doing the bid, hell definitely be deported and banned from re-entering the US.
His only saving grace is his American kids. When they clock 18, through the aid of a good immigration lawyer, they can bring their dad back to the US.

Every deportation goes with a Ban. From 10yrs upwards depending on the gravity of the crime committed. First,his greencard would be retrieved and his passport seized til he has paid every penny stolen then he'll be flinged. Imagine if he was banned for 20yrs before appealing. There's nothing anyone can do. Nobody would even look at his kids sef til the 20yrs elapses.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by SonofGod231: 12:55am On Aug 30, 2023

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by tshtsh: 12:56am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:
My primary school mate just got convicted in the USA for 36 months.

It had to do with money laundering, aza man issues about 200k USD.

He has a green card but not a citizen.

He has been in the USA since 2017.

He has 2 kids he gave birth to there with naija wife.

He impregnated an akata, akata oyibo woman gave birth while he was in prison because he was already in detention till the court conviction last week.

WILL HE BE DEPORTED after serving his jail terms?

By the time he comes out akata may have moved on and will probably demand child support from him which will make it harder for him to attain financial stability

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by YesDaddyTill203: 12:56am On Aug 30, 2023
BigDawsNet:

I'm not a defense attorney but it's a fraud related case probably convicted by the FBI... he will complete his sentence and may likely avoid deportation if he shows good behaviour tru out his sentences time...

If the case is drug related... he will definitely be deported...

Not true. He will be deported.
Anyone not a US citizen with a sentence of more than 12 months is subject to deportation regardless of the crime.
If it's a State case, he might get lucky and fall through the cracks of bureaucracy.
But in the Federal system, which I'm sure he is with a money laundering case, he cannot escape it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Sirianese: 1:00am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:

He impregnated an akata, akata oyibo woman gave birth while he was in prison because he was already in detention till the court conviction last week.

Get ready to host a reception party for him

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by UnabashedIPOB: 1:00am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:

As long as he's NOT a US citizen, he's deportable. And MOST likely while he's still serving his prison sentence, the US Immigration would put what's called a DETAINER on him. That means when he's done serving his prison term, BOP (Bureau of Prisons) will hold him for US Immigration to take him into their custody. Then while in Immigration custody, he would appear before an Immigration judge who decides his fate. If he's lucky, he might be granted a bond and if he can make his bond, he will be let go to appear later. But if the judge decides at the bond hearing that he will be deported, then he will remain in custody until he's deported. The US Congress especially with Immigration gave discretionary power to NOT only the Immigration judges but also immigration officers. That's the reason why an immigration officer at the port of entry could deny you entry even if you have a valid VISA.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by cococandy(f): 1:02am On Aug 30, 2023
Yes he will
Onefornaija24:

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by cococandy(f): 1:03am On Aug 30, 2023
Karleb:
I don't know why our people are greedy.

America is the last place anyone should do crime for money, there are a million ways to be rich in that country and you are comfortable without even trying.
I don’t get it either

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by cococandy(f): 1:04am On Aug 30, 2023
justwise:

Too little, that criminal deserves longer than that.

He might have been an accessory or something of that nature. If he’s the man mastermind, $200k fraud would have definitely earned him a longer jail term
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by cococandy(f): 1:05am On Aug 30, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
America a country people pick dollars on the floor is where an idiot went to commit crime. Bloody twa.t. He's gonna come back to enjoy agbado after his sentence probably he should run for president in future. His kind are loved in Nigeria.

Lmao at “pick dollar on the floor”. Na so grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 360command: 1:05am On Aug 30, 2023
TemplarLandry:

I think it is 21 or 22. I have forgotten. I know it is not 18.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by anon12: 1:05am On Aug 30, 2023
mhmm shocked
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by cococandy(f): 1:06am On Aug 30, 2023
Gerrard59:

Alternatively, he register on Nairaland preaching how bad America is and why young and ambitious people should not japa.

I will be here waiting for such a fvcktard, patiently.
🫢🫢🫢🫢

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Mancala: 1:06am On Aug 30, 2023
justwise:

Too little, that criminal deserves longer than that.

Many factors to consider aside from sentencing guidelines. It costs on average about $50,000 per annum to incarcerate a person in the US. He should go home and not cost taxpayers any further burden. He’s a good candidate for a prisoner swap… send him home to complete his sentence in exchange for a U.S. citizen in a Nigerian jail

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by AllenSpencer: 1:07am On Aug 30, 2023
Karleb:
I don't know why our people are greedy.

America is the last place anyone should do crime for money, there are a million ways to be rich in that country and you are comfortable without even trying.

Greed!

Pay them $100k/annum, they will still do fraud!

The ones in Nigeria will give you silly excuses that, it’s the bad leadership in Nigeria that makes them go into fraud. Do we now blame Joe Biden 🤣🤣🤣

They are insatiable and addicted to fraud.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by banky222: 1:09am On Aug 30, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
America a country people pick dollars on the floor is where an idiot went to commit crime. Bloody twa.t. He's gonna come back to enjoy agbado after his sentence probably he should run for president in future. His kind are loved in Nigeria.

some people will think this is a joke , but there are some jobs you do here and get paid handsomely and you sometimes wonder what you did that you are bn paid for. You can sleep 8hrs in some jobs and still get paid.
You don't need to involve yourself in fraud to make it in the US.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by cococandy(f): 1:11am On Aug 30, 2023
eepeepook:
I doubt he’ll be deported. That akata pikin need a full eighteen years of child support. He’ll come out from frying pan to fire as that child’s mother will demand every possible thing he can provide to sustain both her and the baby.

You think they’ll keep in America so he can pay child support? Lol

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by cooooooks(m): 1:14am On Aug 30, 2023
Because he has a green card, he is a permanent resident.

He could still be deported, but he has more options.

Onefornaija24:

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by LarryCork: 1:15am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:

He will be depoted to Egypt sir!!(no oofense) angry
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by jaxxy(m): 1:15am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:

he will surely. America is not like Nigeria that rewards convicts and serious offenders with political positions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by AugustusA1(m): 1:16am On Aug 30, 2023
Problem is, police is not immigration but the problem is immigration looks at police records to issue citizenship. Plus naturalization certificate of citizenship comes from immigration court/judge. That may hinder him becoming a citizen at the end of the day but most likely won’t be deported unless they perceive him to be further menace to the society. He needs a very good attorney at the end of d day.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by pooozeee(m): 1:17am On Aug 30, 2023

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Laple0541(m): 1:24am On Aug 30, 2023
I wish he’s deported after eating his beans in the prison. Someone like him has no business staying further in the State.

His record is already damaged and that will make it difficult for him to get a better job after the prison term, so the only thing he will do if he stays behind is to commit more crimes for survival.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Chibuzoripob: 1:28am On Aug 30, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

You do not know anything so be quiet . He will be deported surely. All assets seized to pay back
keep quiet illiterate .Go and deport him

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by falopey: 1:29am On Aug 30, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:

It's not so easy. They can't just bring their dad back.
10 years after he has been out of the US, he can apply for approval (not sure of the name) for his kids to apply for him.
His chances are less than %1 because he was deported for fraud and he's from Nigeria.
Nigerians are known for fraud hence his chances of getting any compassion are very very slim.

I know two people in a similar situation that I'm trying to help now to get back to the US.
If he had been deported for lesser crimes, he would have had a better chance, but fraud is seriously frowned upon, especially for Nigerians.

I know someone who was deported. I don't know the crime he committed and whether he served a prison term but he was banned fort ten year. His child after clocking 18 years filed for him and brought him back to the US. It took him like a total of 15 years in Nigeria before the US could finally approve him for a visa through his citizen child to be able to travel back to the US. Again, I don't know full story about his reason for deportation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates / Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix) / The New Apapa-Oshodi Expressway As Construction Works Continue - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.