Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,299 members, 7,811,891 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? (39320 Views)

Happie Boys To Be Deported From Cyprus Within 30 Days - Leaked Chat / Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) / Nigerian Man Begs To Be Deported After 5 Years In Italy/Germany (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Onefornaija24: 6:12am On Aug 29, 2023
My primary school mate just got convicted in the USA for 36 months.

It had to do with money laundering, aza man issues about 200k USD.

He has a green card but not a citizen.

He has been in the USA since 2017.

He has 2 kids he gave birth to there with naija wife.

He impregnated an akata, akata oyibo woman gave birth while he was in prison because he was already in detention till the court conviction last week.

WILL HE BE DEPORTED after serving his jail terms?

30 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Onefornaija24: 6:13am On Aug 29, 2023
He was also ordered to make restitution

If they deport him, how will he pay?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Chibuzoripob: 6:29am On Aug 29, 2023
sad after his jail term He'll work and pay the đź’°

They fit give am ⚠️. They'll not deport him

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:50am On Aug 29, 2023
Yes.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Lateefodutola(m): 7:15am On Aug 29, 2023
Some people sha... White man's land no be joke,them no go hear

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:23am On Aug 29, 2023
TemplarLandry:
After doing the bid, hell definitely be deported and banned from re-entering the US.
His only saving grace is his American kids. When they clock 18, through the aid of a good immigration lawyer, they can bring their dad back to the US.

That’s where the unpaid restitution and his felony conviction and deportation will come back to bite.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by revolt(m): 7:40am On Aug 29, 2023
The fool came to disgrace us here.

155 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Onefornaija24: 7:54am On Aug 29, 2023
1stgenamerican

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:04am On Aug 29, 2023
Onefornaija24:
1stgenamerican
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by BigDawsNet: 8:28am On Aug 29, 2023
Onefornaija24:

He impregnated an akata, akata oyibo woman gave birth while he was in prison because he was already in detention till the court conviction last week.

I'm not a defense attorney but it's a fraud related case probably convicted by the FBI... he will complete his sentence and may likely avoid deportation if he shows good behaviour tru out his sentences time...

If the case is drug related... he will definitely be deported...

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Onefornaija24: 8:56am On Aug 29, 2023
BigDawsNet:

I'm not a defense attorney but it's a fraud related case probably convicted by the FBI... he will complete his sentence and may likely avoid deportation if he shows good behaviour tru out his sentences time...

If the case is drug related... he will definitely be deported...

Fraud

Okay

Tnx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:01am On Aug 29, 2023
Onefornaija24:

Fraud

Okay

Tnx

Attorney here—deportation is definitely in his future. Good behavior can, in some cases, earn a shorter incarceration period but it won’t stop removal proceedings. You said he was sentenced to 36 months. His attorney should’ve already discussed expectations with him prior to sentencing.

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Karleb(m): 9:54am On Aug 29, 2023
I don't know why our people are greedy.

America is the last place anyone should do crime for money, there are a million ways to be rich in that country and you are comfortable without even trying.

192 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Onefornaija24: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Attorney here—deportation is definitely in his future. Good behavior can, in some cases, earn a shorter incarceration period but it won’t stop removal proceedings. You said he was sentenced to 36 months. His attorney should’ve already discussed expectations with him prior to sentencing.

If they deport him,who will now pay restitution?

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:19am On Aug 29, 2023
Onefornaija24:

If they deport him,who will now pay restitution?

The chances of him actually paying it back given the circumstances are unlikely so it’s much less of a priority.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by MrAgbako: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2023
Green card ko.

If he is not a citizen yet he will be deported immediately after doing his time in jail

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Baronthecelebri: 11:53am On Aug 29, 2023
He's very stupid. But thank God he has kids there, good for him,his seed will grow well

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Onefornaija24: 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2023
MrAgbako:
Green card ko.

If he is not a citizen yet he will be deported immediately after doing his time jail

Nawao
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by ednut1(m): 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2023
Deportation. All these greedy people that cant be patient. It looks like na the OP arrange the scam money for him 🤣

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by justwise(m): 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2023
Onefornaija24:

Too little, that criminal deserves longer than that.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Regex: 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2023
Onefornaija24:

Your guy deh USA weh him suppose deh hustle. Truck drivers make 150k usd a year. But no, because he is lazy and greedy he wants to make it all at once. After detention, na straight deportation.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2023
America a country people pick dollars on the floor is where an idiot went to commit crime. Bloody twa.t. He's gonna come back to enjoy agbado after his sentence probably he should run for president in future. His kind are loved in Nigeria.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Onefornaija24: 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2023
justwise:

Too little, that criminal deserves longer than that.

I think he received small fraction of the whole amount.

Btw push to front page pls so others can learn
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Kevineleven(m): 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2023
Hope your Egusi soup cooking skill is wetted, he is gonna need a nice delicious Egusi soup when he comes back empty handed.
What are friend for?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 22o62021: 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2023
Aza man Don chop jail

Good for him

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Spanishmilf(m): 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2023
Is it possible to deport a greencard owner
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by ednut1(m): 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2023
Spanishmilf:
Is it possible to deport a greencard owner
green card is not a citizen just a permanent resident. Can be revoked .

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by eepeepook: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2023
I doubt he’ll be deported. That akata pikin need a full eighteen years of child support. He’ll come out from frying pan to fire as that child’s mother will demand every possible thing he can provide to sustain both her and the baby.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Onefornaija24: 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2023
ednut1:
Deportation. All these greedy people that cant be patient. It looks like na the OP arrange the scam money for him 🤣

Ednut sef, your wahala too much.

I didn't know.

Haven't gotten one kobo from him sef...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Doubleoh7: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2023
Better start preparing a room for him cos if there's one thing that is certain with western nations, so long as you're not their citizen, once you've been convicted for a crime, na straight deportation for you after doing the time. Even Switzerland deport people born by foreigners in their country to their parents' country of origin after they are done doing their time

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by ednut1(m): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2023
Onefornaija24:

Ednut sef, your wahala too much.

I didn't know.

Haven't gotten one kobo from him sef...
when he gets deported help pick him up at the airport in Lagos 🥲

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The New Apapa-Oshodi Expressway As Construction Works Continue - Photos / Japa: Lady Relocates To Canada With Donations From Friends And Classmates / Despite Security Shortcoming, Owerri Still A Bustling City (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.