Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index (12970 Views)

From Salt Lake City To Las Vegas: My Road Trip Pictures / Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Farki: 10:36am On Aug 29, 2023
LOL grin
Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Hussein035: 10:36am On Aug 29, 2023
taylor88:
grin

Make una dey deceive una sef

Na who never go Lagos una go tell that one

Lagos wey fit make person craze

Glorified slum

Sadeastern, I pray you are happy ATLEAST once before you will die

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Pedyson: 10:37am On Aug 29, 2023
[b][/b]This is kinda funny
Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Isobug: 10:37am On Aug 29, 2023
J
Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by yemmight(m): 10:37am On Aug 29, 2023
You guys will criticize Lagos and yet, you won't leave the city.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Pedyson: 10:37am On Aug 29, 2023
This is kinda funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by AbuAeesha: 10:39am On Aug 29, 2023
Peterobiisathie:
IPOB terrorist wont agree with this yet they want to die in Lagos
lolz,funny truth.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Dreamhighnow(m): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2023
PoloG:
no wonder flatheadds die in motor accident everyday while attempting to run to Lagos for greener pastures grin

none of their cursed redmud cities made the list grin
in fact, their cursed backward cities are not recognized globally for anything grin
you wonder why they always run away from their unpalatable region as if biafra war 2.0 is happening there cheesy

useless animal tribe of illegal immigrants and economic refugees grin

Nigeria should divide so that this gorillas will need visa to enter yorubaland jor tongue

Watch what you say. Nobody prays to be victim of road accident. Your words may hunt you. All because of ethical and political difference. Even tinubu won't use such language

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by blakkydikky(m): 10:40am On Aug 29, 2023
taylor88:
grin

Lagos environment wey fit kill new born baby

Glorified slum

The only places conducive to live in Lagos are the Igbo dominated areas

I no even know wetin Igbo people dey find go Lagos when they can easily come to Rivers State and have peace
..... But your people can't live without coming to Lagos for greener pastures since the inception of time.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Programmer47: 10:40am On Aug 29, 2023
taylor88:

The day Tinubu stole Donald Dukes childhood picture in broad day light as his own na that day I fear Tinubu

Person wey say goat chop him SSCE certificate

Omo, person don see drama for this Nigeria sha.
How you go thief another person childhood picture?
Up till now we never see baba childhood pic.

All these 5k keypad warriors wey dey dey online morning till night, una dey try sha. Una mind dey back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by brownroofpipuar: 10:40am On Aug 29, 2023
Who are brand finance city
Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Quebec91(m): 10:40am On Aug 29, 2023
cheesy
taylor88:

The day Tinubu stole Donald Dukes childhood picture in broad day light as his own na that day I fear Tinubu

Person wey say goat chop him SSCE certificate

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by complexstuffs(m): 10:41am On Aug 29, 2023
IPOB are not happy

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Papayaayasager(m): 10:42am On Aug 29, 2023
Lagos has really tried for many Nigerians in terms of great opportunities.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 29, 2023
Not that I'm bashing my country, but they should be specific when mentioning Johannesburg.

Because personally, I don't think the CBD is the best place to live in.
Islie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/lagos-ranks-5th-best-african-city-to-live-work-in-report/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by complexstuffs(m): 10:43am On Aug 29, 2023
Klington:
cool

Just like they said unemployment rate dropped to 4.1% few days ago, lowest in the world.

Comedy.

Yet IPOB cannibals want to kill themselves on top Lagos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by poseidon12: 10:43am On Aug 29, 2023
Bunch of liars. Whoever did that ranking needs a psychiatric evaluation. Lagos, one of the best places to live in Give me a break.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by MorataFC: 10:44am On Aug 29, 2023
taylor88:
grin

Lagos environment wey fit kill new born baby

Glorified slum

The only places conducive to live in Lagos are the Igbo dominated areas

I no even know wetin Igbo people dey find go Lagos when they can easily come to Rivers State and have peace
I didn't believe it before but now I have no doubt left in my mind that some of you guys have mind that just filled with hatred.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Kusu12: 10:46am On Aug 29, 2023
Ipobidense will dispute this news, they hate anything good news about Nigeria, particularly Lagos State.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by YouandiAllofus: 10:47am On Aug 29, 2023
The study focuses on the desires of people to live and work in these cities and not necessarily the livability and workability experiences these cities have in stock awaiting their desirers.
This survey is more fictional that actual reality. So it suffice to say it is unsubstantiated

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Mosba: 10:47am On Aug 29, 2023
Sanwo Olu well done sirrrrrrr!
Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by BreconHills(m): 10:47am On Aug 29, 2023
iwaeda:

Including Oshodi, Ebute-Meta, Lagos Island, Orile, Egbeda, Egbe, Ajah squalor. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Says someone who has not travelled widely.

Do you not know that most large cities have contradictions? India has just landed a lunar rover on the moon; parts of New Dehli are beautiful, parts are huge slums. New York has its Queens and Bronx.

Have you identified the target group of the report? Is this particular report aimed at everyone or at a particular segment? Does it include you?

There are parts of Lagos that are really enjoyable to live in. In my estate I can go visit friends in serenity and safety at midnight - and it's not a mini estate. And its not on the Island. Can I take that walk in New Yorks Bronx or in Grimsby U.K or even parts of Johannesburg?

How many foreigners live in fear of racism related crime on the mainland?

Dont judge Lagos based on your personal experience or circle. The enjoyment of a place and its QoL are personal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Programmer47: 10:49am On Aug 29, 2023
MorataFC:
I didn't believe it before but now I have no doubt left in my mind that some of you guys have mind that just filled with hatred.

Yes oh. Just like the unemployment stuff , they just hate progress.
Igbos!. Afterall only 4% of Nigerians are unemployed.
The country is healthy. Everybody is happy but these people just keep on hating.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by o123456789(m): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2023
My first visit to Lagos was in 2007, Omo the mosquitos that bites you after 7pm will gather and suck you in thousands and they will give you instant big rash. I experienced it in Ikeja, VI, Ojota, Obalende, and Anthony village, Then in 2011 I visited Eko again, this time the mosquitos have upgraded in Akoka, infact Bariga was instant Malaria. Finally it was few weeks ago I visited Lagos to seal a deal at Lekki Phase 1, very close to admiralty, Omo after 7pm na die... Always get your malaria drugs in your bag before you go to Eko. To cap it all this report is fake, the organization behind it wants to trend!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Programmer47: 10:50am On Aug 29, 2023
Programmer47:

Yes oh. Just like the unemployment stuff , they just hate progress.
Igbos!. Afterall only 4% of Nigerians are unemployed.
The country is healthy. Everybody is happy but these people just keep on hating.

Nairaland I wanted to write fla#heads, why am I seeing Igbos?
Lmfao. Omo, these people are something. Abeg try writing fla$heads make I no whether na only me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Lanruze: 10:50am On Aug 29, 2023
If you have lived in Lagos for a while you may not appreciate this report, but if you consider the cosmopolitan and entrepreneurial ingenuity of Lagos, no city in the world comes close to Lagos.

From Wizkid, Davido, Burna, Tiwa, Falz, AY, Basketmouth, Terry G, Tuface Idibia,Victor Oshiemen etc. Lagos as a Megacity provided a spring board for the berthing of all these legends metamorphosing into global icons from the "street smartness" of the city.

The success story of Asake through Yhemo Lee also comes into mind. Yhemo Lee admitted that his migration to Lagos from his comfort zone in Ife, Osun State was the breakthrough that birthed an exponential exploit of Asake's Musical career in one year.

The potential of a youthful Lagos cannot be pushed aside because of its urbane, cosmopolitan and populous nature.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by 90dbest: 10:51am On Aug 29, 2023
Many African cited beat Lagos, then what is the hype about lagos
Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:52am On Aug 29, 2023
Eko for show eko oni baje. Some people will not be happy with this news they have started vomiting rubbish as usual

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranks 5th Best African City To Live, Work In – Brand Finance City Index by Originalsly: 10:53am On Aug 29, 2023
Let's not get deceived by the headline ... that's not what was said about Lagos. Lagos is ranked as "the fifth best African city with high desirability for people to live, work and invest."... which is not the same as the best city to live, work and invest in as the headline is shouting. We sooo love to swallow without chewing.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Traffic Advisory: APC Lagos Governorship Primary At Onikan Today / Dependant Visa Uk (student) / Bayelsa Helicopter Crash: I suspect Foul Play – Governor Suswan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.