Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? (23899 Views)

Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father / Danish Aid Worker, Anja Ringgren Lovén Shares Photos Of Girl Rescued 9 Years Ago / The Marine Girl I Dated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by marsup: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
There's a difference between a step sister and half sister.

I assume she's the only lady left in this world....

1 Like

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Yankee101: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Yes, as long as your new woman has no issues with your past.

Yes

Yes

Spoken like an elder
Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Ashirioluwa: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
There are more than 10 million young and beautiful ladies who are marriage-ready, of whom you can ask one for marriage rather than looking for unnecessary troubles for yourself.

Don’t underestimate Nigerian ladies because the angry ones will fight you spiritually.

@nairagenone

1 Like

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by abobote: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2023
Dshocker:

Proverbs 22:3

A wise man see trouble from a far distance, and advoids it, but a foolish man sees trouble and goes to it, of which he would suffer the consequences.
There's no trouble here
Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2023
jaxxy:

if his brother wants to date or marry the other sister do u think she will say no I dated ur brother?

u girls should think and put urselves in same shoes to have better perspective or u would sound hypocritical without knowing.

Get sense

Why would anyone put themselves in that kind of rubbish shoes? On top wetin? What has hypocrisy got to do with it? Na by force to quote me?

If reverse was the case and a lady is dating a man after dating his brother, won't she also be condemned? Won't you guys have heaped pages and pages of insults on her head?

3 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by abobote: 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
Klass99:
OP I agree with the poster above me. This feels messy to me, couldn't you have found a different woman to share your affections with? Why does it have to be blood sisters from the same household? Half sisters or not, there is a blood relationship there that makes it feel icky.

It doesn't matter if it was years ago and you only considered it a fling. You were still dipping your wick into it on a regular basis, now you want to dip the same wick into the sister?

If internet strangers like me feel this way, imagine what the older sister will think/feel when she gets wind of this. I hope you have a plan to counter launch her diabolical attacks when they come.

If I were you I would be extremely wary of marrying from a polygamous home. Polygamous homes are notorious for diabolical practices, even the current you are liking may be into diabolical practices too.

Later now they will claim they are logical and not emotional, but the OP is being led by his emotions. If he was thinking logically he would know better than to get involved with the second sister.

It's like straffing one brother first and doing the other later. The blood ties between them alone has me feeling all shades of wrong and I am not even doing that. Yet the mere thought of it is repulsive.
You are the one being emotional here
Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by EndRape2(f): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
You can not sleep with two sisters ,there is a curse that comes with it, when you start paying for your sins, hope you will not say it is the first sister that is doing you?

uote author=nairagenone post=125459019]As the topic states, I am close friends with a polygamous family of 2 wives.
About 9 years ago while a youth corper I dated the first born of the 2nd wife but we kept it secret, although I think her own mom knew although the mom is late now.

It wasn't a relationship per se as I was just sleeping with her and I knew she had other guys too at the time but she always wanted me to think we were in some sort of relationship just like most ladies would.
Anyway, the whole thing fizzled out when I relocated from that city.

8 years later, I am in a new city and meet her step sister, who is younger than her but from the first wife and we are getting along fine, turns out I really like her and now considering marrying her.

The lady I dated previously is currently not married, in her 30s and I heard she lost a pregnancy recently, I dont have any relation with her other than the fact she calls me occasionally to ask for money for assistance which I render when I have the means but sometimes I don't as I am also trying to put my life together.

I recall that she could be diabolic and wouldn't put it past her to do jazz or something.

Do you think I should go ahead and marry her step sister 9 years after dating her and how should I go about it?

Should I inform the lady I dated in the past out of respect for her cos she will still eventually get to know ?

Should I tell the lady I am planning to marry about the past relationship with her step sister ?

Please advise.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by LastProphet: 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
Since that family is the only family you focus on then your downfall will ultimately come from there. Of all the families and people in the whole world you decide to focus on only one. You are the one that went to look for that step sister, stop telling us lies here, and you will see what you went for quote me

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by desthan(m): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
very sad.

you seem to be mentally unstable, not necessarily insane but your ability to reason constructively.

why would you possibly want to end your life this way. This is just that type of situation you die with, nobody must know type of thing.

go find love else where men. run far from that circle.

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Acidosis(m): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
IconicR:
This is how you men cause enmity in families due to lust or whatever you may choose to call it
Why can't he respect himself and go for someone else other than that same family?
Is he the weapon fashion against that family?
He should respect himself and leave that family please

Enmity? How?

Did you read the part where the older sister got pregnant for a guy? So OP should not move on and live happily with the one he loves because of some 9 year old and long buried situationship??
Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Enmity? How?

Did you read the part where the older sister got pregnant for a guy? So OP should not move on and live happily with the one he loves because of some 9 year old and long buried situationship??

Ofcourse op should move on very far from the family
You men always downplay this type of thing till it starts playing out and creating a long term family feud
It's very unhealthy for op to date from that family
Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Bahamas95(m): 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
I was in a similar situation sometime ago.

I was dating this girl but my mind was somewhere else because of her attitude but we continued knacking. Her younger sister came visiting and we bonded, she was fun to be with unlike my girlfriend.

She noticed the chemistry between her younger sister and I and one-day she said "If you like my sister why not date her?" I was shocked.

Deep down in me I wanted her sister badly and almost shifted her pant when she visited me but had to control myself..... Lemme leave this story for another day.

OP run o, don't marry her step sister to avoid issues later. Assuming she don marry now she for nor reason your mata.....She might be bitter about it and start campaigning that her step sister snatched her man.

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Acidosis(m): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
IconicR:
Ofcourse op should move on very far from the family
You men always downplay this type of thing till it starts playing out and creating a long term family feud
It's very unhealthy for op to date from that family

As long as the op and his woman are fine, everyone else would be fine.

Everyone must not validate your relationship, by the way.
Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by mrgreen4real(m): 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
You are a wicked man. You are a stupid man. You are no better than a bandit. For God sake, this is her biological sister. The course you carry will hunt you. I am not cursing you but it's KARMA. What goes around comes back around. There are many ladies out there why her sister?

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
Invitation to spiritual attack. You tasted a girl thoroughly and you now wanted to marry her step sister because of your blah, blah, blah. Kontinue. sad

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by mariahAngel(f): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
nairagenone:
As the topic states, I am close friends with a polygamous family of 2 wives.
About 9 years ago while a youth corper I dated the first born of the 2nd wife but we kept it secret, although I think her own mom knew although the mom is late now.

It wasn't a relationship per se as I was just sleeping with her and I knew she had other guys too at the time but she always wanted me to think we were in some sort of relationship just like most ladies would.
Anyway, the whole thing fizzled out when I relocated from that city.

8 years later, I am in a new city and meet her step sister, who is younger than her but from the first wife and we are getting along fine, turns out I really like her and now considering marrying her.

The lady I dated previously is currently not married, in her 30s and I heard she lost a pregnancy recently, I dont have any relation with her other than the fact she calls me occasionally to ask for money for assistance which I render when I have the means but sometimes I don't as I am also trying to put my life together.

I recall that she could be diabolic and wouldn't put it past her to do jazz or something.

Do you think I should go ahead and marry her step sister 9 years after dating her and how should I go about it?

Should I inform the lady I dated in the past out of respect for her cos she will still eventually get to know ?

Should I tell the lady I am planning to marry about the past relationship with her step sister ?

Please advise.

This is a situation with a simple solution.

Just put yourself in the position of your ex and her sister, then imagine how you'd feel if someone knowingly did that to you (and your family).
That should help you make the right decision.
Remember, she and her sister are always going to be family.
You can't wish that away.

For you to even create a thread about it shows your conscience is disturbing you.

3 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
Acidosis:

As long as the op and his woman are fine, everyone else would be fine.

Everyone must not validate your relationship, by the way.
This is how men pay less attention to issues that may end up destroying a family
Women ain't the same as men in terms of dealing with issues like this
Don't start what you can't finish and most times it's not just about you and your partner, families and boundaries should be respected as well
If op had some dignity he won't even go after her sister
Abeg I hate unnecessary wahala op should carry his wahala from that family ahn ahn

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by dilicond: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
@Op, kindly consult your Pastor for this. I believe you will get proper guidance from your Pastor

1 Like

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by christistruth01: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
Klass99:
OP I agree with the poster above me. This feels messy to me, couldn't you have found a different woman to share your affections with? Why does it have to be blood sisters from the same household? Half sisters or not, there is a blood relationship there that makes it feel icky.

It doesn't matter if it was years ago and you only considered it a fling. You were still dipping your wick into it on a regular basis, now you want to dip the same wick into the sister?

If internet strangers like me feel this way, imagine what the older sister will think/feel when she gets wind of this. I hope you have a plan to counter launch her diabolical attacks when they come.

If I were you I would be extremely wary of marrying from a polygamous home. Polygamous homes are notorious for diabolical practices, even the current you are liking may be into diabolical practices too.

Later now they will claim they are logical and not emotional, but the OP is being led by his emotions. If he was thinking logically he would know better than to get involved with the second sister.

It's like straffing one brother first and doing the other later. The blood ties between them alone has me feeling all shades of wrong and I am not even doing that. Yet the mere thought of it is repulsive.

In the old days It would have resulted in a beheading duel between the Communities of the People involved

It was Such an Abomination that no community wanted to be known for it

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by LegallyBlunt: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
christistruth01:

Exactly
2 adopted Sisters are still Sisters

Biology doesn't come into it
Thank you. The OP is blinded.

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Klass99(f): 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2023

5 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by cliffypatt(m): 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Yes, as long as your new woman has no issues with your past.

Yes

Yes

Do not let anyone manipulate you with some emotional balberdash. The older sister lost her pregnancy, meaning she has long moved on and you don't matter to her in the scheme of things. If you sacrifice the one you love, na you lose.

I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Acidosis(m): 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
IconicR:
This is how men pay less attention to issues that may end up destroying a family
Women ain't the same as men in terms of dealing with issues like this
Don't start what you can't finish and most times it's not just about you and your partner, families and boundaries should be respected as well
If op had some dignity he won't even go after her sister
Abeg I hate unnecessary wahala op should carry his wahala from that family ahn ahn

Lol. Are you reacting this way because you feel the older sister will never get married?

...because I honestly don't see the issue with someone marrying an ex. If you're in a happy place, you won't even be bothered about who marries who.

"Women ain't the same as men" indeed. That's on y'all women to fix yourselves. Men won't stop being men because some women, according to you, have innate bitterness and jealousy.

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Lol. Are you reacting this way because you feel the older sister will never get married?

Why do you think she'll never get married
It's only on nairaland that that single mothers and ladies above thirty don't see husband but outside nairaland they are getting married every Saturday
My 65yr old aunt(neighbor sha)still got married recently
Nairaland is not real life

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Acidosis(m): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
IconicR:
Why do you think she'll never get married
It's only on nairaland that that single mothers and ladies above thirty don't see husband but outside nairaland they are getting married every Saturday
My 65yr old aunt still got married recently
Nairaland is not real life

Fine. She will be married. So why do you think she'll abandon her marriage only to start hating her sister's marriage?

If you have your own marriage, someone else's marriage shouldn't bother you.
Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by fabolouz1(m): 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
Sleeping with someone doesn't equates dating.

3 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Fine. She will married. So why do you think she'll abandon her marriage only to start hating her sister's marriage?
Because she expect her sister to do better than dating her ex and also expect the randy ex to stay away from her family
There's no way it'll end well
Step sisters for that matter, the feud na till eternity bdat

1 Like

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Acidosis(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
IconicR:
Because she expect her sister to do better than dating her ex and also expect the randy ex to stay away from her family
There's no way it'll end well
Step sisters for that matter, the feud na till eternity bdat

It will end well for the man and his wife.

By the way, she's not an ex.
Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2023
How can you even date two sisters? The moment you knew the second girl was related to the first one, you should have cut ties from there. $hame on you brolosho, yet e*vil men like you will want to marry decent wives.

3 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Yuneehk(f): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2023
Jovialjune1:
Common sense should have told you not to have anything to do with 2 sisters from the same family, stop creating unnecessary avoidable problems for yourself.
In this whole wide world, it's only that family that he keeps going back to. Tsew!!

2 Likes

Re: I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2023
Acidosis:

It will end well for the man and his wife.
It's not about the man and his wife alone but the elder sister who is his ex
Family is not just you and your wife so never take decisions or do things that may affect others negatively
You'll be surprised this intending feud will eventually be inherited by the kids from these sisters
We must learn to maintain some kind of discipline when dealing with people
Op should leave that family and go far away to pick a wife

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trending Babies Names In Your Local Language. / Who Are The Real Middle Class In Nigeria? / Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.