Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle (23830 Views)

Patrick Doyle Remarries / Rita Dominic, Fidelis Anosike Are In Love — Patrick Doyle / Patrick Doyle Celebrates Wife Ireti On 15th Wedding Anniversary, Admits Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Khyrvxjzy: 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2023
frugal:

Be honest, Burna boy does better songs than those names you mentioned.

That afrobeat interview was just senseless from Burna Boy.

good music or substance wont make u legend

check legends of the world they only sing about love

let me mention some
heal the world

even bob marley hes not a legend until he sing one love

legendary song is about love
none of burna achieve feat of essence and calm down

no matter motivation you sing people want love
fela is a legend in Nigeria but not in d world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by phemmyfour: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
They all copy someone
Raw talent is scarce these days
Burna copy n sample even 90s sound like brandy n braxton. He's not original, he's overdoing it

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by BoldBrainz(m): 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
I don't even know these people you are calling

Download and listen to at least two of Johnny Drille's songs. He's a unique breed amongst Nigerian musicians.

But how can you not know those guys? Yet you somehow know Burna Boy? Wow!

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Bukola94: 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2023
shadrach77:
Burna Boy can't even match up to even King Sunny Ade talk less of Fela Kuti cry
Don't compare him to the two greatest that comes out of Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by phemmyfour: 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Johnny Drille is raw talent. So was Darey Art-alade. So was Praize. So was Brymo, until he started doing drugs that have been frying his brains slowly.
Exactly, these guys are original. We too dey hype noise in this part of the world. Even his noise isn't original

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by membranus: 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2023
Rapmoney:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/patrick-doyle-slams-burnaboy-says-hes-undeserving-of-being-labelled-great/

MUSIC OF YORUBA ORIGIN

By Reno Omokri

For every decade of Nigeria’s existence as an independent nation, music of Yoruba origin has dominated our nation, and now it is dominating the world.

•Bobby Benson, Adeolu Akinsanya, Roy Chicago, Victor Olaiya, S. Aka, Abibu Oluwa, I.K Dairo, Haruna Ishola, Yusuf Olatunji Tunde Nightingale Tatalọ Alamu, Ayinde Bakare, Dele Ojo, Ojogẹ Daniel dominated the 60's

•Abami Ẹda Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Orlando Julius, Sẹgun Bucknor, Fatai Rolling Dollar, Dauda Epo Akara, Ayinla Ọmọwura over dominated the 70's

•King Sunny Ade, Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey, Dele Abiọdun, Prince Adekunle, Salawa Abẹni, Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, Kollington Ayinla, Orlando Owoh Idowu Animashaun dominated the 80's

•Sir Shina Peters, Sẹgun Adewale, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall, Adewale Ayuba, dominated the 90's.

•Paul Play Dairo shared dominance with a non Yoruba artist (Tuface Idibia) in the 2000's
•D’Banj the Koko Master shared dominance with non Yoruba artistes (PSquare) in the 2010's
•Davido, Wizkid and Burna Boy (non Yoruba, but his music is obviously influenced by the late Fela Kuti) and Asake are dominating in the here and now. And not just dominating, but selling out stadia, like the O2 Arena and Madisson Square Garden, amongst others.

Their female artistes are not left out. Tiwa Savage, Yẹmi Alade, Aṣa, Simi, Teni, Seyi Shay, dominate locally and internationally with their girl power!

How do they do it, that even where they sing wholly or partly in Yoruba, their music is able to crossover locally and internationally?

Christy Essien Igbokwe was quoted as saying she would not have made a breakthrough in the music industry without her anthem Seun rere, which was performed entirely in Yoruba.

Throughout the Black world, no other ethnic group has been able to CONSISTENTLY breakthrough in the music industry internationally while singing wholly or partially in their native tongue.

I am not saying that some others do not sing in their native tongues. What I am saying is that they have not been able to crossover internationally while singing in their native language.

Caribbean reggae artistes sing in English or patois. African American R’nB, Jazz, Soul and rap artistes sing in English. Black Brazilians crossover with Portuguese. Francophone artistes (with the exception of Manu Dibango), crossed over with French. South African artistes crossed over with English (with the exception of Brenda Fassie and Mariam Makeba).

Even the world’s top Francophone female artiste (Angelique Kidjo), did not crossover internationally, until she sang in Yoruba.

There is something about that language and the musical genres that the Yoruba have introduced that can permanently put Nigeria on the world map for good.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Tzar(m): 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2023
Very correct! I have never been Burna boy’s fan. I really don’t enjoy his music. I usually ignore his mediocre songs, but his attempt to denigrate Afro beats and many Nigerian artists who toil to churn out their music has made me detest the boy more.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by NaijaNaWaa: 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
Rapmoney:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/patrick-doyle-slams-burnaboy-says-hes-undeserving-of-being-labelled-great/
Seconded!! Burna Boy is way too OVERRATED. I'm yet to see what he brings to the music table. Overhyped

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Trustmea: 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This sounds a bit like jealousy and I relate to it.
Burna boy is really brainwashing our women; all they do is compare us with him.
Small thing, "press my yansh like Burna".

I just hope Patrick's new wife is not obsessed with Burna.
Because the worst mistake I made this year was to hit-and-run a Burna Boy groupie.
I later got an email from her which read,

Ye!!!
I can't believe this is real life.

I've been dying on the low, but last last, your odogwu was inside me causing collateral damage and boy it's plenty.
NwaAmaikpe is this how your Big 7 has been Killin Dem? Anybody wey taste your gbona can bank on it that it gives the high of sitting on top of the world or being inside a rollercoaster.

I know I am only 23 and it is way too big for me, but I want it all.

Na so I go gum body till I go pin you for my hand, and for me alone.

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.
Genius where have u been

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by UDUJ(m): 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2023
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because the worst mistake I made this year was to hit-and-run a Burna Boy groupie.

Ye!!!

I've been dying on the low, but last last, your odogwu was inside me causing collateral damage and boy it's plenty.
NwaAmaikpe is this how your Big 7 has been Killin Dem? Anybody wey taste your gbona can bank on it that it gives the high of sitting on top of the world or being inside a rollercoaster.

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.

NwaAmaikpe is back cheesy

Wellcome back bro cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Draggun(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2023
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ye!!!

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.

The greatest of all time. Welcome back, missed reading you.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by ppogba: 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2023
abbey621:
Imagine a public figure in America saying Beyonce and Rhianna have done nothing great and that Aretha Franklin or Maya Angelou paved their path and they were living off that glory........I swear Nigerians, we are our biggest enemies. No wonder these new generation cats don't really f*ck with the old people like that, too damn judgmental!

Sir Doyle....With all due respect GTFO!

If a public figure in America says the same thing, he will not be taken to Golgotha as Doyle is being taken.

From time immemorial, some have always paved the way for others to walk.

Americans can be truthful more than we think atimes.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Manfromlasvegas(m): 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2023
The first Nigerian hip hop artiste to win Grammy. He is definitely great but he is certainly an ass.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by abbey621(m): 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2023
ppogba:

If a public figure in America says the same thing, he will not be taken to Golgotha as Doyle is being taken.

From time immemorial, some have always paved the way for others to walk.

Americans can be truthful more than we think atimes.

The fact remains a public figure would not say such things and expect to be respected.....Americans ya werey gan, one, two, three and you're canceled.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by yommen: 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
Pure beef.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Triangles1(m): 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
lailo:
Imagine if it is a Yoruba man saying this to the Biafra man, heaven must fall today grin grin

Tinubu name for trend on naira land.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by kemiomobomi: 7:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ye!!!

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.

The King is back, Abi na fake account be dis?

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by 2pacarnate(m): 7:17pm On Aug 31, 2023
Rapmoney:

He is somewhat over hyped. He copies the late Fela.

Yet he has his own style too,do not hate bro,he immitate fela in one or two songs (few)but many if his tracks are his own style,and Burna has the right to be arrogant,when he was in naija,then went to south singing we like to party,don the don,and many more his songs,Naija no send am,then my nigga managed to go international by his own doing and his God,una come dey love am around 2017 with that album that has gbona only because International artist gbadu the man,naija una dey ment.

Na Burna fit all of una

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by ukaface(f): 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
Yes
He is over hyped

And nigga has got pride

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Kobicove(m): 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2023
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ye!!!

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.

So they finally let you out grin
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by BoldBrainz(m): 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2023
phemmyfour:
Exactly, these guys are original. We too dey hype noise in this part of the world. Even his noise isn't original

We just have the habit of over-doing things. Before Burna Boy became a familiar voice on the music scene, we had the likes of BOJ and SDC (Show Dem Camp) spitting calm and glorious lyrical contents in English and Yoruba. They just didn't have the kind of hype these ones do.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by 2pacarnate(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2023
Treasure17:
The guy is simply overrated. Still respect the doings of Davido, Wiz and Olamide compared to burna. Don't listen to his songs anyway.

U Don't know music simple,wizzy is trash,his only song that I can have on my phone is ojuelegba,davido is better and that's because he buys songs,people.writes good songs for him,wizzy no get lyrics,then olamide is good with also some Yoruba rap vibes although I don't understand

Burna,patoranking,kizz because of his lamba, tubaba,Tecno, Omar lay...these are naija artist I can have there songs in my phone, especially Burna,kizz because of his lamba,and omay lay get mad lyrical content,any other no babash.....maybe a littlr few

Anyone that rates wizzy no Sabi music shekina

And you wonder why wizzy never win Grammy but Burna just came and win?now you get your answer bro....wizzy can never win Grammy,never

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by ComeToJesus: 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2023
The boy is simply uncivilised but feels he's the real thing. I truly feel some his sounds which, of course, are excellent.. The boy needs some lessons in life because right now, he feels after God, it's him.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by ComeToJesus: 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2023
2pacarnate:

Yet he has his own style too,do not hate bro,he immitate fela in one or two songs (few)but many if his tracks are his own style,and Burna has the right to be arrogant,when he was in naija,then went to south singing we like to party,don the don,and many more his songs,Naija no send am,then my nigga managed to go international by his own doing and his God,una come dey love am around 2017 with that album that has gbona only because International artist gbadu the man,naija una dey ment.

Na Burna fit all of una

😆

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Download and listen to at least two of Johnny Drille's songs. He's a unique breed amongst Nigerian musicians.

But how can you not know those guys? Yet you somehow know Burna Boy? Wow!
Burna won grammy
I'm no fan of all these boys

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by 2pacarnate(m): 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2023
ComeToJesus:
The boy is simply uncivilised but feels he's the real thing. I truly feel some his sounds which, of course, are excellent.. The boy needs some lessons in life because right now, he feels after God, it's him.

He has every right to bro,cos naija no send am when he was making waves in south Africa,naija only send am 2017 after cardi b and co come.dey rate am,if na you ,you will still do same,naija fvck up no be small

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 31, 2023
phemmyfour:
Burna copy n sample even 90s sound like brandy n braxton. He's not original, he's overdoing it
My mom loves Toni Braxton alot she actually plays her song most of the times.
I love her songs too
So Burna can copy her
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by 2pacarnate(m): 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
Burna won grammy
I'm no fan of all these boys

Besides Grammy,I have been feeling Burna since 2013/14/15 when naija no even send am,na when him go international 2017 naija come send am,Burna and omarlay are the major lyricist in the industry,then patoranking is great too.kizz is good only for his lamba,no ill lyrics,the two artist on my phone are Burna and omarlay,then kizz just cos of his lamba

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by rickleye: 7:34pm On Aug 31, 2023
frankmoney:
You might hate his arrogance . But he is actually a good singer

He is not a good singer but has good writing team and beats
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Famous606: 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2023
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ye!!!

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.
Lyrically you too much love your creativity,love it if you do music

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by correctguy101(m): 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
He simply dislike his arrogance
Truly Burner can be arrogant sha but I'm so blinded to see any of all his faults.

Oshe Baba...

All these olodo people using an hip-hop artiste to compare people who play Afro juju and Fuji. Are they even okay? There are always pioneers for whichever aspect of life anyone choosses. Does that mean no one should celebrate the new?

Even werey dem wey dey talk say our Burner no dey talk better lyrics, abeg o, they should all show us hiplife musicians that has better meaningful lyrics.

Shey hip-hop, whether afro or not dey get meaningful lyrics before? undecided . I never see any, if una don see show me.

All genres get where dem suppose face. Just like RnB always get lyrics wey concern love, na so hiplife own be o. Jhus sing anyhow and do anyhow, as long as it's moving the crowd, you're on point. cheesy

Abi, dem want make Burner dey go sing something like Colors of the wind or Sound of Silence?

Yeye people everywhere...
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by nathyx(m): 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2023
Pride filled African giant Burnaboy know for helping no one but himself and himself alone, let Burna not hastily forget only yesterday he was recording on top of road divider in order to pay the light Bill. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Williams Uchemba Bags An Endorsement Deal With Pennek / God Gave Alibaba's Phone Number To Me - Lady / Comedian Mr. Jollof Booed Off Stage At Funnybone's Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.