Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle (23826 Views)

Patrick Doyle Remarries / Rita Dominic, Fidelis Anosike Are In Love — Patrick Doyle / Patrick Doyle Celebrates Wife Ireti On 15th Wedding Anniversary, Admits Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by shonepa(m): 7:23am On Sep 01, 2023
Tenses is to express time. He no fit tell us who dey use drugs among the artiste he mentioned.

He corrected it las las.

aremubabs:

There is nothing wrong with his tenses?

Or, you don't know the meaning of "tenses"?
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by TheGift: 7:36am On Sep 01, 2023
shonepa:
Hes communication skill is the best...na ur problem if u not deep.

Don't even try to question my depth, talk less of compare it with Burna. It's kids that will think Him deep.

FYI, I was referring more to His communication off- music such as during interviews and while posting on Social Media.

But even when it comes to His music , I leave you to what Rolling Stones had to say:

"The album would have gone off without a hitch if Burna hadn’t decided to close it out by taking a shot at the people in his home country. On “Thanks,” an admittedly club-ready Afropop number, he accuses his fellow Nigerians of being ungrateful for what he’s done for the country’s image. He admonishes his fans for calling out his various misbehaviors, which include allegations of his bodyguards shooting at a man whose wife refused his advances at a famous club in Lagos, his deplorable treatment of the fans who attend his concerts in Nigeria, and his most recent miseducating opinions on the Afrobeats genre. Even worse, he does this without offering anything to suggest that he’s grown or learned from his past. What Burna seems not to grasp is that most of the criticisms thrown his way aren’t attacks. What he continues to find difficult to understand, despite his incredible talent and staggering self-confidence, is that, if he bothered, he could come to terms with the lines between his actions and the reservations people have about him personally.

Burna Boy seems unable to distinguish criticism from hate, and such surprisingly shallow reasoning threatens to leave a bitter taste at the end of this project. I Told Them… might be a triumphant sonic adventure, but its creator remains stunted, refusing to grow."

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by shonepa(m): 7:37am On Sep 01, 2023
It was a conscious statement, he neva mentioned a name.

Na artiste wey e sure for go believe say em music get substance.

Na people dey turn em statement into insult. Majority of the songs we listen to nowadays na cruise no be lie.

The moral of his statement be say make artiste try to upgrade, Thier style.

And moreover there is a difference between afrobeat and afrobeats. So em disrespect the genre wey Fela create.

Yugoslavia247:

Lol.

Someone that said afro beats has no substance.

His fall is coming soon.

I used to love him even before most of the people. From long time. Alot of people become fan of success not even the artist. Most of them will change gear in time.

The oyibo he dey lick their ass go soon boot am comot.

Then he go be like dbanj.

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by TheSuperX(m): 7:39am On Sep 01, 2023
Burna Boy is bigger than Wizkid and Davido
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by shonepa(m): 7:45am On Sep 01, 2023
See ehn all wetin u write for here just shows u one of those people dat keep on spreading fake news.

Who tell u say na burna boy bodyguard?

Na people like u Burna dey talk too, una no give am chance to talk em side....una just conclude say dey shoot person because of woman.

All those things wey una talk about am, em don address am for em new album.

TheGift:

Don't even try to question my depth, talk less of compare it with Burna. It's kids that will think Him deep.

FYI, I was referring more to His communication off- music such as during interviews and while posting on Social Media.

But even when it comes to His music , I leave you to what Rolling Stones had to say:

"The album would have gone off without a hitch if Burna hadn’t decided to close it out by taking a shot at the people in his home country. On “Thanks,” an admittedly club-ready Afropop number, he accuses his fellow Nigerians of being ungrateful for what he’s done for the country’s image. He admonishes his fans for calling out his various misbehaviors, which include allegations of his bodyguards shooting at a man whose wife refused his advances at a famous club in Lagos, his deplorable treatment of the fans who attend his concerts in Nigeria, and his most recent miseducating opinions on the Afrobeats genre. Even worse, he does this without offering anything to suggest that he’s grown or learned from his past. What Burna seems not to grasp is that most of the criticisms thrown his way aren’t attacks. What he continues to find difficult to understand, despite his incredible talent and staggering self-confidence, is that, if he bothered, he could come to terms with the lines between his actions and the reservations people have about him personally.

Burna Boy seems unable to distinguish criticism from hate, and such surprisingly shallow reasoning threatens to leave a bitter taste at the end of this project. I Told Them… might be a triumphant sonic adventure, but its creator remains stunted, refusing to grow."
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by TheGift: 8:10am On Sep 01, 2023
shonepa:
See ehn all wetin u write for here just shows u one of those people dat keep on spreading fake news.

Who tell u say na burna boy bodyguard?

Na people like u Burna dey talk too, una no give am chance to talk em side....una just conclude say dey shoot person because of woman.

All those things wey una talk about am, em don address am for em new album.

I think you must be mistaking me for someone else.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by justli: 8:40am On Sep 01, 2023
Treasure17:
The guy is simply overrated. Still respect the doings of Davido, Wiz and Olamide compared to burna. Don't listen to his songs anyway.

dont listen to his songs, yet you can tell he is over hyped. which of those three can ever drop a the kind of lyrics burner does?
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:19am On Sep 01, 2023
itsme01:
cool

Burna boy go fire back at Afrobeat, Nigeria and Nigerians

That guy low key thinks he is bigger than Nigeria, he is now international

That's the aspect I don't like him
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Wizikal(m): 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2023
Overrated or not this Burna guy is successful in the industry and that's the essence...
When your time comes, even you cannot stop your shines and smiles!!!

Call him LUCKY BURNA!
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Morbeta11(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2023
IconicR:
He simply dislike his arrogance
Truly Burner can be arrogant sha but I'm so blinded to see any of all his faults.

Exactly why people of your gender and type are selling slacked pussies for contents.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by kushercain: 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2023
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This sounds a bit like jealousy and I relate to it.
Burna boy is really brainwashing our women; all they do is compare us with him.
Small thing, "press my yansh like Burna".

I just hope Patrick's new wife is not obsessed with Burna.
Because the worst mistake I made this year was to hit-and-run a Burna Boy groupie.
I later got an email from her which read,

Ye!!!
I can't believe this is real life.

I've been dying on the low, but last last, your odogwu was inside me causing collateral damage and boy it's plenty.
NwaAmaikpe is this how your Big 7 has been Killin Dem? Anybody wey taste your gbona can bank on it that it gives the high of sitting on top of the world or being inside a rollercoaster.

I know I am only 23 and it is way too big for me, but I want it all.

Na so I go gum body till I go pin you for my hand, and for me alone.

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.
Welcome back senior man cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by aremubabs: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2023
shonepa:
Tenses is to express time. He no fit tell us who dey use drugs among the artiste he mentioned.

He corrected it las las.

It was not a tenses error.

Moreover, he mentioned who was using drugs.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by shonepa(m): 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2023
Who? Or u knew the person he was talking about already...make we dey talk truth. The person wey the mata concern don correct am. Wetin be ur own seff.

If u say hes right....follow em way den

aremubabs:

It was not a tenses error.

Moreover, he mentioned who was using drugs.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by shonepa(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2023
Whatever u think of em...his parents just celebrated 33yrs wedding anniversary.

Em no owe anybody duty to satisfy their imagination. Make em live em life

TheGift:

I think you must be mistaking me for someone else.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by TheGift: 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2023
shonepa:
Whatever u think of em...his parents just celebrated 33yrs wedding anniversary.

Em no owe anybody duty to satisfy their imagination. Make em live em life

So what?
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by shonepa(m): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2023
Make em enjoy em life, na problem to u u abi?

Bad belle is allowed.

TheGift:

So what?
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by XAUBulls: 11:45pm On Nov 23, 2023
membranus:

MUSIC OF YORUBA ORIGIN

By Reno Omokri

For every decade of Nigeria’s existence as an independent nation, music of Yoruba origin has dominated our nation, and now it is dominating the world.

•Bobby Benson, Adeolu Akinsanya, Roy Chicago, Victor Olaiya, S. Aka, Abibu Oluwa, I.K Dairo, Haruna Ishola, Yusuf Olatunji Tunde Nightingale Tatalọ Alamu, Ayinde Bakare, Dele Ojo, Ojogẹ Daniel dominated the 60's

•Abami Ẹda Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Orlando Julius, Sẹgun Bucknor, Fatai Rolling Dollar, Dauda Epo Akara, Ayinla Ọmọwura over dominated the 70's

•King Sunny Ade, Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey, Dele Abiọdun, Prince Adekunle, Salawa Abẹni, Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, Kollington Ayinla, Orlando Owoh Idowu Animashaun dominated the 80's

•Sir Shina Peters, Sẹgun Adewale, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall, Adewale Ayuba, dominated the 90's.

•Paul Play Dairo shared dominance with a non Yoruba artist (Tuface Idibia) in the 2000's
•D’Banj the Koko Master shared dominance with non Yoruba artistes (PSquare) in the 2010's
•Davido, Wizkid and Burna Boy (non Yoruba, but his music is obviously influenced by the late Fela Kuti) and Asake are dominating in the here and now. And not just dominating, but selling out stadia, like the O2 Arena and Madisson Square Garden, amongst others.

Their female artistes are not left out. Tiwa Savage, Yẹmi Alade, Aṣa, Simi, Teni, Seyi Shay, dominate locally and internationally with their girl power!

How do they do it, that even where they sing wholly or partly in Yoruba, their music is able to crossover locally and internationally?

Christy Essien Igbokwe was quoted as saying she would not have made a breakthrough in the music industry without her anthem Seun rere, which was performed entirely in Yoruba.

Throughout the Black world, no other ethnic group has been able to CONSISTENTLY breakthrough in the music industry internationally while singing wholly or partially in their native tongue.

I am not saying that some others do not sing in their native tongues. What I am saying is that they have not been able to crossover internationally while singing in their native language.

Caribbean reggae artistes sing in English or patois. African American R’nB, Jazz, Soul and rap artistes sing in English. Black Brazilians crossover with Portuguese. Francophone artistes (with the exception of Manu Dibango), crossed over with French. South African artistes crossed over with English (with the exception of Brenda Fassie and Mariam Makeba).

Even the world’s top Francophone female artiste (Angelique Kidjo), did not crossover internationally, until she sang in Yoruba.

There is something about that language and the musical genres that the Yoruba have introduced that can permanently put Nigeria on the world map for good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDrApu9APBk
The evergreen 1981 blockbuster track: "Seun rere"

From the monster hit album: "Ever Liked My Person?"

Christy Uduak Essien to the world!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by XAUBulls: 12:08am On Nov 24, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Men Are Not Interested In Kim Kardashian Anymore / Welcome Dbanj To The Illuminati / Sunmbo Adeoye Prays For Annie Idibia Over Her Wish For A Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.