Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle (23828 Views)

Patrick Doyle Remarries / Rita Dominic, Fidelis Anosike Are In Love — Patrick Doyle / Patrick Doyle Celebrates Wife Ireti On 15th Wedding Anniversary, Admits Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by GEEBITE: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2023
You are almost a genius.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This sounds a bit like jealousy and I relate to it.
Burna boy is really brainwashing our women; all they do is compare us with him.
Small thing, "press my yansh like Burna".

I just hope Patrick's new wife is not obsessed with Burna.
Because the worst mistake I made this year was to hit-and-run a Burna Boy groupie.
I later got an email from her which read,

Ye!!!
I can't believe this is real life.

I've been dying on the low, but last last, your odogwu was inside me causing collateral damage and boy it's plenty.
NwaAmaikpe is this how your Big 7 has been Killin Dem? Anybody wey taste your gbona can bank on it that it gives the high of sitting on top of the world or being inside a rollercoaster.

I know I am only 23 and it is way too big for me, but I want it all.

Na so I go gum body till I go pin you for my hand, and for me alone.

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by BoldBrainz(m): 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
Burna won grammy
I'm no fan of all these boys

This is the problem with some Nigerians.

Millions of Nigerian citizens will spend their resources and time streaming, downloading and talking about a musician's songs, thereby setting him on the path of recognition to the global audience, and when he finally gets the global recognition, that musician will feel fly enough to begin talking down on the same masses who put his music on the path of prominence and stardom. And fans like you will be sassy enough to be supporting such arrogance.

Burna Boy spent well over a decade on the Nigerian music scene, churning out one album after the other and was not even recognised well enough beyond one region of Nigeria. His ascension began when Nigerians championed his course on social media platforms, millions began streaming his songs and pushing his lyrics beyond regional and national boundaries, until he went beyond Africa and then went global. Today he has a grammy and suddenly everybody is shit while the other musicians are "boys" to fans like you.

No single Nigerian musician who's a prominent face today did so without the push of the Nigerian masses! None! Today, Kizz Daniel is suddenly performing in global events after over a decade of consistent songs that got no recognition, because Nigerians didn't see the need to promote him in the years past. Should he win a grammy tomorrow, we hope he won't become as arrogant as Burna Boy.

Much respect to Innocent Ujah Idibia!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by GEEBITE: 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
You dont really listen to music. Yet your opinion is this strong. A bit of disconnect there.
LegallyBlunt:
“The credit for the feats that appear to be puffing the likes of Burna Boy up have to be properly ascribed to the greats who cleared the thorny paths that have created pathways for his likes to walk through practically effortlessly."

Holl-up, Holl-up

Did I read correctly? Where's all the venom and bile coming from? I don't really listen to music, but I appreciate talent and originality when I see one.

Sir Doyle, would you appreciate being called a crass, talentless, and unworthy presenter & actor by people who do not understand and appreciate your craft?

Burna has his issues. They're well-documented and available online. However, saying that he is not a legend goes way overboard.

The fact is this is Burnas time and season, much like Wizkid and Davido.

Of course, we can't compare him to Fela and other legends he obviously emulates, or as you said, paved the way. But this your take on him not being a legend is nothing but a personal vendetta against his person and musical career.

Let me remind you, Mr. Doyle that each sector or section of the world has predecessors that set the tone or paved the way. Nigerian music is no different.

If you must attack Burna, attack his person or personality. But you see music? Burna is a legend in his own right. Even in the eyes of the world, including those who deemed it fit to recognize his name and music with various awards.

He has won a Grammy.

The facts speak for itself.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Rossikk(m): 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2023
abbey621:
Imagine a public figure in America saying Beyonce and Rhianna have done nothing great and that Aretha Franklin or Maya Angelou paved their path and they were living off that glory........I swear Nigerians, we are our biggest enemies. No wonder these new generation cats don't really f*ck with the old people like that, too damn judgmental!

Sir Doyle....With all due respect GTFO!

You are very stupid and senseless.

Has Beyonce or Rihanna ever dissed the RnB genre and claimed it is ‘nothing’?

Claimed that all they do is sing about sex and love, meaning that RnB is “nothing”?

No. They respect themselves. Respect their genre. Respect their compatriots.

Unlike your stupid mumu Burna Boy going around burning the bridges he passed through to become famous.

OF COURSE HE IS STUPID.

ONLY A STUPID, DUMB PERSON WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by GEEBITE: 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
You are defending somebody who used a global platform to rubbish the works of his predecessors and contemporaries. A very bad case of superiority complex and arrogance. Beyonce and Rihanna will never speak down on works of Tony Braxton, Mary J.Blige, Brandy or Monica not to talk of those two eternal legends she can't even light their candles. It goes both ways,so the criticism by Patrick Doyle is in order. It is to bring him down from that high horse. Blowing
your own trumpets too hard is bad.
abbey621:
Imagine a public figure in America saying Beyonce and Rhianna have done nothing great and that Aretha Franklin or Maya Angelou paved their path and they were living off that glory........I swear Nigerians, we are our biggest enemies. No wonder these new generation cats don't really f*ck with the old people like that, too damn judgmental!

Sir Doyle....With all due respect GTFO!

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by frankmoney(m): 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
rickleye:

He is not a good singer but has good writing team and beats
okay
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by enemyofprogress: 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
delugajackson:
Burna Boy has paid his dues. He has made a mark, even if not in comparison to his predecessors but then their time is over. A new cat is on the block. Put some respect on his name.
paid his dues to who? Na who issue am receipt? Make him bring out the receipt make we see now as him name no dey for register of those wey done pay their dues. The guy still dey owe o

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by CosmicTim: 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
Ok
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by oglalasioux(m): 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because the worst mistake I made this year was to hit-and-run a Burna Boy groupie.

Ye!!!

I've been dying on the low, but last last, your odogwu was inside me causing collateral damage and boy it's plenty.
NwaAmaikpe is this how your Big 7 has been Killin Dem? Anybody wey taste your gbona can bank on it that it gives the high of sitting on top of the world or being inside a rollercoaster.

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.

NwaAmaikpe is back!
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by BoldBrainz(m): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2023
blaise26abj:

I disagree .Burna’s music is awesome . He keeps improving his craft . You see Davido and Wiz , those ones are just enjoying the fruit of their labour . They are not improving shit . Especially Davido . Olamide is trying .

Burnaboy’s character is trash . But his craft is top notch . No sentiments here . Atimes it is better to focus on the craft and leave the egocentric artist .
In Felas days , he was regarded as a werey person too.

Let's be honest, the last time Wizzy put together a reasonable song worth listening to, was when he put "Ojuelegba" in the airwaves.

He's been singing complete rubbish since then.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Ojagun(m): 8:06pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
Burna won grammy
I'm no fan of all these boys
hee...hee...hee..,so in essence,if the quality of a Nigerian artiste music is not validated by a white award(grammy) their music is automatically worthless and irrelevant right?The thought pattern of the average negro mehn

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by LegallyBlunt: 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
GEEBITE:
You dont really listen to music. Yet your opinion is this strong. A bit of disconnect there.
I don't really listen. Yes.

I didn't say I DON'T listen.

Two different things.

I don't have the time like some people to play music every single day. I do that once in a while. Besides, Burna is too popular not to know, or to have heard of.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Obagreatdatoye(m): 8:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
membranus:

MUSIC OF YORUBA ORIGIN

By Reno Omokri

For every decade of Nigeria’s existence as an independent nation, music of Yoruba origin has dominated our nation, and now it is dominating the world.

•Bobby Benson, Adeolu Akinsanya, Roy Chicago, Victor Olaiya, S. Aka, Abibu Oluwa, I.K Dairo, Haruna Ishola, Yusuf Olatunji Tunde Nightingale Tatalọ Alamu, Ayinde Bakare, Dele Ojo, Ojogẹ Daniel dominated the 60's

•Abami Ẹda Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Orlando Julius, Sẹgun Bucknor, Fatai Rolling Dollar, Dauda Epo Akara, Ayinla Ọmọwura over dominated the 70's

•King Sunny Ade, Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey, Dele Abiọdun, Prince Adekunle, Salawa Abẹni, Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, Kollington Ayinla, Orlando Owoh Idowu Animashaun dominated the 80's

•Sir Shina Peters, Sẹgun Adewale, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall, Adewale Ayuba, dominated the 90's.

•Paul Play Dairo shared dominance with a non Yoruba artist (Tuface Idibia) in the 2000's
•D’Banj the Koko Master shared dominance with non Yoruba artistes (PSquare) in the 2010's
•Davido, Wizkid and Burna Boy (non Yoruba, but his music is obviously influenced by the late Fela Kuti) and Asake are dominating in the here and now. And not just dominating, but selling out stadia, like the O2 Arena and Madisson Square Garden, amongst others.

Their female artistes are not left out. Tiwa Savage, Yẹmi Alade, Aṣa, Simi, Teni, Seyi Shay, dominate locally and internationally with their girl power!

How do they do it, that even where they sing wholly or partly in Yoruba, their music is able to crossover locally and internationally?

Christy Essien Igbokwe was quoted as saying she would not have made a breakthrough in the music industry without her anthem Seun rere, which was performed entirely in Yoruba.

Throughout the Black world, no other ethnic group has been able to CONSISTENTLY breakthrough in the music industry internationally while singing wholly or partially in their native tongue.

I am not saying that some others do not sing in their native tongues. What I am saying is that they have not been able to crossover internationally while singing in their native language.

Caribbean reggae artistes sing in English or patois. African American R’nB, Jazz, Soul and rap artistes sing in English. Black Brazilians crossover with Portuguese. Francophone artistes (with the exception of Manu Dibango), crossed over with French. South African artistes crossed over with English (with the exception of Brenda Fassie and Mariam Makeba).

Even the world’s top Francophone female artiste (Angelique Kidjo), did not crossover internationally, until she sang in Yoruba.

There is something about that language and the musical genres that the Yoruba have introduced that can permanently put Nigeria on the world map for good.
Reno nail it

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by mcquin(m): 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
Etyfy:
It's okay Mr Patrick. We understand in Africa when someone is blunt and confident we term it arrogant. Love him or hate him...he is greater than your father ,even my father too. #IToldThem
You call coming very late to an organized event while yet insulting and kixking the fans you kept waiting, being blunt and confident?

I'm a Burna fan too, atleast I love his sound; but call out his rude, crass behaviour for what it is.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by 7arrows: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
Rapmoney:
Do you think Uncle Patrick is right?

Yes he's right. Burna is arrogant. But I think it's not the real him, it's the weed in his system I blame.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Segzy19: 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
Which dues.... dem don start again! Paid dues....
Anyway, wetin you people sabi sef ...

delugajackson:
Burna Boy has paid his dues. He has made a mark, even if not in comparison to his predecessors but then their time is over. A new cat is on the block. Put some respect on his name.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Kay25(m): 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
Rapmoney:

He is somewhat over hyped. He copies the late Fela.
Fela isn't like him and he can't be like him
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Lordofalmajiri(f): 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2023
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ye!!!

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.
Nice rythms boss , welcome cool cool
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Segzy19: 8:26pm On Aug 31, 2023
He is a good artiste, no doubt but then he is arrogant, proud and gets ahead of himself.
It's not like he created or pioneered any genre of music like Fela, Sunny Ade, Obey, Ik Dairo, Osita Osadebe. He is just lucky to have come in this generation. For instance if Fela had come in this generation, who be 1 million Burna Boy?

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by themanderon: 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2023
Nigerians just feel they can talk down on others when they feel they have made it. Sing your song and let others sing theirs. Why did the boy have to run others down even though we know they sing rubbish?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Dyfynezz12(m): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2023
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ye!!!

Lost in Love,

Your Taliban II.
Yaba Buluku.
Gawd!!! Boss u 're back
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Menclothing: 8:33pm On Aug 31, 2023
Overrated he used fela tunes to gain world attention

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by CJStarz: 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
Time he graduated from being a Burna boy to a Burna man

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by dmostcheerful(f): 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2023
Rapmoney:

He is somewhat over hyped. He copies the late Fela.
If it is easy copy someone.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by mariahAngel(f): 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
He simply dislike his arrogance
Truly Burner can be arrogant sha but I'm so blinded to see any of all his faults.

Of course, those are the kinds of people you like.
After all, you like CeeC and her mannerless self.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by ToyinDipo(m): 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
He is very good, but far from being a great. In 20 years time most of his songs will have been obsolete.

The greats will remain evergreen.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Lordburna2(m): 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
Oga Doyle abi bike...upon all the films u acted u did not an Oscar...but a young lad from nija did an album and won a Grammy. U come here dey talk trash. Burna is a legend.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Karleb(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2023
This guy should fuccck off.

If I start a relay race excellently and I pass the baton to another excellent athlete, we are both greats.

Calling Burna a great takes nothing from the greats of the past. Life has to move on.

These guys are just scared of Burna's success and growth. Baba has carved a niche of excellency for himself and it scares these people.

If e easy, you sef do am.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Karleb(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
Segzy19:
He is a good artiste, no doubt but then he is arrogant, proud and gets ahead of himself.
It's not like he created or pioneered any genre of music like Fela, Sunny Ade, Obey, Ik Dairo, Osita Osadebe. He is just lucky to have come in this generation. For instance if Fela had come in this generation, who be 1 million Burna Boy?

Why are you people bad belle? Did Micheal Jackson create a new genre?

If Fela was alive, it still wouldn't stop Burna's shine.

There was a time Sunny Ade and Ebenezer Obey were both getting the accolades.

The sky is big enough for all birds to fly.
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by Bluearrow: 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2023
2pacarnate:

U Don't know music simple,wizzy is trash,his only song that I can have on my phone is ojuelegba,davido is better and that's because he buys songs,people.writes good songs for him,wizzy no get lyrics,then olamide is good with also some Yoruba rap vibes although I don't understand

Burna,patoranking,kizz because of his lamba, tubaba,Tecno, Omar lay...these are naija artist I can have there songs in my phone, especially Burna,kizz because of his lamba,and omay lay get mad lyrical content,any other no babash.....maybe a littlr few

Anyone that rates wizzy no Sabi music shekina

And you wonder why wizzy never win Grammy but Burna just came and win?now you get your answer bro....wizzy can never win Grammy,never
You have said it all bro
People just rate wizkid out of sentiment, the only song he has ever sang is ojuelegba, the rest are trash. Wizkid got zero lyrics, his songs are just too empty. I always tell people sentiments aside, burna boy & omah lay are the best lyricists in Nigeria
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by abbey621(m): 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
GEEBITE:
You are defending somebody who used a global platform to rubbish the works of his predecessors and contemporaries. A very bad case of superiority complex and arrogance. Beyonce and Rihanna will never speak down on works of Tony Braxton, Mary J.Blige, Brandy or Monica not to talk of those two eternal legends she can't even light their candles. It goes both ways,so the criticism by Patrick Doyle is in order. It is to bring him down from that high horse. Blowing
your own trumpets too hard is bad.

How did he rubbish the work of his predecessors? Name the exact thing he said bad about those that came before him?
Re: Burna Boy Is Undeserving Of Being Labelled Great - Patrick Doyle by abbey621(m): 9:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
Rossikk:

You are very stupid and senseless.

Has Beyonce or Rihanna ever dissed the RnB genre and claimed it is ‘nothing’?

Claimed that all they do is sing about sex and love, meaning that RnB is “nothing”?

No. They respect themselves. Respect their genre. Respect their compatriots.

Unlike your stupid mumu Burna Boy going around burning the bridges he passed through to become famous.

OF COURSE HE IS STUPID.

ONLY A STUPID, DUMB PERSON WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

Mfker I don't know WTF you think you are but if your mama & papa failed to raise you properly, I'll redirect you to yaba left to reset your brain....Abi you dey mad? You no fit have discussion without insults.....Dem swear for you ni? Ko ni ragba fun iyalaya e!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Welcome Dbanj To The Illuminati / Sunmbo Adeoye Prays For Annie Idibia Over Her Wish For A Baby Boy / Williams Uchemba Bags An Endorsement Deal With Pennek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.