Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? (1590 Views)

Dear Family Members, Please Help Your Sister. / Married Women, Do You Still Give Guys Your Contact? Why? / Your Cousin's Son Or Daughter Is Called What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:14pm On Sep 01, 2023
Dear family women, have you cooked this veggie before?
If you have then what is it called?

I want to have mine with rice.

My husband is a weirdo, this weirdo eats his own with breadπŸ˜‚

While others are trying to guess the name of this veggie to receive a 1gb data
πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
https://www.nairaland.com/7825277/what-veggie-called

You can join the contest

Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by illicit(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2023
No be oha be that?

At least show us the specimen nah
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
illicit:
No be oha be that?

At least show us the specimen nah

If I showed you the leaf, you will know it without guessing twice.

Anyone who knows that this leaf can never be cooked with seasoning cubes will immediately tell you the name.
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by illicit(m): 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

Anyone who knows that this leaf can never be cooked with seasoning cubes will immediately tell you the name.

Haba
Thats partial nah

As I am not Akwa ibom nko?

cry
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by illicit(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

It is Okazi?
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2023
illicit:

Haba
Thats partial nah

As I am not Akwa ibom nko?

cry

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Sorry nah
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2023
illicit:

It is Okazi?

Okazi, you mean bitterleaf right?
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by illicit(m): 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

Okazi, you mean bitterleaf right?

Lol I dont even know what Okazi means
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by Westerhoffe(m): 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2023
cool
I know the leaf… but I've remembered its name.
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2023
illicit:

Lol I dont even know what Okazi means

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Me too
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2023
Westerhoffe:
cool
I know the leaf… but I've remembered its name.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by illicit(m): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Me too

shocked
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by Berrityga: 6:01pm On Sep 01, 2023
Cassava leave

2 Likes

Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by Nebes: 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2023
Water leaf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by GOFRONT(m): 6:27pm On Sep 01, 2023
I know this leaf......Looks like Africa never die.
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by Ofemmanu1: 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

This veggie is Coriander.

Efo Ebolo in Yoruba.
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by Reality100: 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2023
Strange combination....
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Yes na.
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2023
Berrityga:
Cassava leave

illicit

You got it right!
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Chat me up on WhatsApp to redeem your data
My number is on my bio

This is Yakurr LGA delicacy
It's cassava leaves

During my secondary school days, my calabar classmates yapped my village, they say we eat Cassava leaves like goats and we are human eaters.

It always makes me regret coming from such a village.

When I got into the university, my hostel mates make fun of it o, if you call them human eaters, they'll threaten to eat you up while you are asleep at night, I'll just laugh because the person will get so scared.

I had a hard time inviting my calabar friend to my village, she said they'll eat her up at night πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Funny enough, my people are the most hospitable people, ask people who have ever visited Yakurr LGA, they'll tell you that they didn't feel like going back again.

A perfect example is my husband πŸ˜„
A Yoruba man

How it's prepared: it's only the tips of the leaves that's been used.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2023
Nebes:
Water leaf

No
Thanks for contributing

It's cassava leaves
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

This veggie is Coriander.

Efo Ebolo in Yoruba.

No
Thanks for contributing

It's cassava leaves
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:32pm On Sep 01, 2023
illicit:

shocked

We've got a winner
It's cassava leaves
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2023
Reality100:
Strange combination....

Yeah
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by illicit(m): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

We've got a winner
It's cassava leaves

Oh really
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2023
GOFRONT:
I know this leaf......Looks like Africa never die.

The name is funny
"Africa never die"
Nothing dey Sha kill African man

We've got a winner
It's cassava leaves

1 Like

Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2023
illicit:

Oh really

Yeah

1 Like

Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by illicit(m): 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

Yeah

That's cool

I'm some Yoruba rural areas, the young cassava leaves is used in cooking soup

The young leaves

Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2023
illicit:

That's cool

I'm some Yoruba rural areas, the young cassava leaves is used in cooking soup

The young leaves

Wow!

1 Like

Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2023
How Cassava Leaves is Prepared:

The tip of the cassava leaves are Sliced

Boil considerable quantity of water in a pot and add much salt.

Add the sliced cassava leaves in the boiled salty water; while boiling you make sure the pot is airtight till the leaves are soft and it will remain green if not your leaves will be brownish.

The cassava leaves is taken out of the pot

Mashed to get soft,

Washed very well,

Squeezed and

Fried using palm oil, onions, crayfish, Pepper, Canda and salt

Note: Avoid seasoning cubes, you'll dislike it's taste with seasoning cubes (maggi).

Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by Psady(m): 4:28am On Sep 02, 2023
If I had seen this post earlier,i would know it's cassava leaf.
I have tasted it ,although I didn't like it that much .Liberians favourite meal,most of their canteen that's what they eat with dry rice (that's what they call rice overthere).
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by 1Sharon(f): 11:31am On Sep 02, 2023
Cassava leaf soup, a popular leaf in Sierra leone/ Liberia.

I thought Nigerians don't eat Cassava leaves
Re: Dear Family Women, Do You Know What This Veggie Is Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
Psady:
If I had seen this post earlier,i would know it's cassava leaf.
I have tasted it ,although I didn't like it that much .Liberians favourite meal,most of their canteen that's what they eat with dry rice (that's what they call rice overthere).

Cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Having Kids Straight After The Wedding, Is It A Must? / The Good Wife Guide / How Can A Husband Help Heal His Wife From His Emotional And Physical Infidelity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.