Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. (2623 Views)

The Origin Of Freemasonry Is North Africa Sex Worship And Human Sacrifice / Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? / Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Now look at u wrote and compare to the nonsense u arguing up there. Was there aroma from the burnt grain offering?
Cognitive dissonance at play.
You are the one that is unstable mentally like your isrealite god

I was talking about the verses you mentioned then, this grain verse didn't you just drop it?
The grain is not a burnt offering that is olah, but a food offering that is mincha

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:

If not for brainwashing that comes with worshipping dummy idols far away in middle east, this is simple enough.
The smell of smoke depends on what is burning.
Please don't bring my father into this.
Smoke don't arise from hot plate or gas when cooking unless na firewood.
All the verses mentioned burning not cooking, this argument is stupid.😂, Smoke from the food what about the drink?

I didn't know your yahweh is just like us, mentally unstable thing.

Smoke doesn't arise when cooking? U will know the lazy ones who never cooked.
Can't believe I have to use your friend again.

MyMadame pls come and teach your lazy man friend how to cook b4 he suffers someone's daughter to death in the kitchen.

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:

If not for brainwashing that comes with worshipping dummy idols far away in middle east, this is simple enough.
The smell of smoke depends on what is burning.
Please don't bring my father into this.

Bring a verse where God smelled smoke and I will apologize for bringing your father into the discuss.

Otherwise u have to accept what is good for the goose is also good for gander.
If smell of smoke is good for my FATHER, I don't see why it should be terrible for yours.
Learn some manners.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 2:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Smoke doesn't arise when cooking? U will know the lazy ones who never cooked.
Can't believe I have to use your friend again.

MyMadame pls come and teach your lazy man friend how to cook b4 he suffers someone's daughter to death in the kitchen.

'Smoke don't arise from hot plate or gas when cooking unless na firewood" 😂 yahweh clown
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by 22jumpstreet1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

This is not proof of your case but a fallacy of extension. Tithes and offerings you mentioned are matters prescribed by Law, jephthah's act is not one of these.

However, you are still right because most sacrifices are to be undertaken by the Levite as provided by Law, so Jephthah has to deliver his daughter to them and cannot undertake the sacrifice himself. No Israelite can.

Therefore jephthah did not burn his daughter as we erroneously thought because of the word "for a burnt offering".

For The Law of burnt offering is very precise and it dictates that the offering must be of the cattle and flock. No human is ever used.

So jephthah just gave up his daughter to the service of The Lordd like Hannah gave up Samuel.

So Jephthah'sdaughter was never killed or burnt.

so God did not send jesus for us to sacrifice him or kill him?
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Bring a verse where God smelled smoke and I will apologize for bringing your father into the discuss.

Otherwise u have to accept what is good for the goose is also good for gander.
If smell of smoke is good for my FATHER, I don't see why it should be terrible for yours.
Learn some manners.
Smoke is not an object to be smelt, the smell of smoke arises from what is been Burnt.

My father does not require burning of dead meat, and if my father needs a sweet aroma, going to burn things won't be his option.

Don't bring my father into this, use Jupiter or Zeus.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 2:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:

Smoke is not an object to be smelt, the smell of smoke arises from what is been Burnt.

My father does not require burning of dead meat, and if my father needs a sweet aroma, going to burn things won't be his option.

Don't bring my father into this, use Jupiter or Zeus.

If u cannot produce evidence for something, learn to drop it.
Learn some manners.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 2:15pm On Sep 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Learn some manners.
Burning smoke goes up ALWAYS, and jepthat or whatever, immolated his daughter just like moab did, burnt completely.

Sit down and think of the image of yahweh you have in your mind that's smelling things.

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:

The earlier text of the torah before jawhist interpolation shows Abraham sacrifice his child, child sacrifice was common then.

Where it suits you, you quote Bible
Where it suits you, you quote fake and unreliable and propaganda
You know the story of Isaac

If you like, accept the story that Abraham sacrificed Isaac
I know that Isaac later became father to Edom and Israel
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

a han.....i thought Jesus death was a ransom of sort...

you see why Judaism and Christianity are two different religion.

Judaism forbids human sacrifice but it is the foundation for Christianity..

Jesus ransom was a willing sacrifice and a ransom in exchange for mankind
He gave up his perfect life, full of loyalty amd integrity as a pleasing sacrifice to God
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Learn some manners.

He's not worth your time
According to him
What he smells is smoke
His poop is sweet-smelling aroma
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Where it suits you, you quote Bible
Where it suits you, you quote fake and unreliable and propaganda
You know the story of Isaac

If you like, accept the story that Abraham sacrificed Isaac
I know that Isaac later became father to Edom and Israel
Yahweh worshipper, I will accept the story as a story, nothing more.

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:

Yahweh worshipper, I will accept the story as a story, nothing more.

Did Abraham sacrificed his child?
Blind atheist
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Did Abraham sacrificed his child?
Blind atheist
The oldest text said so.

Blind theist
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2023
Atheist that has lost logic and common sense of chemistry
Arguing about smoke and aroma

In his own reasoning, one will only smell smoke and be pleased with it grin grin grin
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2023
SIRTee15:

Only the levite priest can perform burnt offering. They would not accept a human being as burnt offering because it's abominable to God.

What goes up from the burnt offering to God is the aroma. That's what is pleasing to God, not the smoke.

Then take them from their hands and burn them on the altar along with the burnt offering for a pleasing aroma to the Lord, a food offering presented to the Lord. Exodus 29.25

That's why there was emphasis on her virginity in the passage.
She was offered to serve God undefiled. The same reason nuns are meant to be virgins because that is what u are sacrificing for God.

so Christianity is paganism then..

it has no relation to GOD...

GOD never asked or recommended it...
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:

The oldest text said so.

Blind theist

Which text says so?
Now he'll turn from quoting the Bible to quote another source entirely
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Which text says so?
Now he'll turn from quoting the Bible to quote another source entirely
The same text you have before jawhist Interpolation.
Bible means collection of books, most by unknown authors.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:

The same text you have before jawhist Interpolation.
Bible means collection of books, most by unknown authors.

Keep quoting from any source as it suits like level of reasoning

It is well known and accepted even among Jews that Isaac lived well and later became father to Esau and Jacob
You've been quoting nonsense since yesterday to hide your embarrassment
Atheist begging for attention on the religious section
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Keep quoting from any source as it suits like level of reasoning

It is well known and accepted even among Jews that Isaac lived well and later became father to Esau and Jacob
You've been quoting nonsense since yesterday to hide your embarrassment
Atheist begging for attention on the religious section
Keep quoting from random books written by unknown authors and basing your miserable life on it.

Any jew scholar knows that the oldest text mentioned the killing, if not for illiteracy, an "angel" appeared lol.
So many times are well known by the jews, why are you cherry picking the one that suits you?

I was on my own when you quoted me, you are the conquered theist looking for validation of your beliefs.

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
Critical thinker with no common sense
Looks for quotes or citations where it pleases him
Chooses where to quote from the Bible amd where to quote from other texts
How's such a person reasonable?

He well know that under the law, humans are not sacrificed the way animals do. No one can offer a human as sacrifice and expect God to bless him

A virgin with her friends went to lament her virginity, not her death... Some people are very far from being reasonable... Like a child who cuts paper into the shape and size of currency notes and claims to be reach, so these so-called intelligent critical thinkers.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
Which foolish law, conquered slave?
If not for indoctrination, your god is a local isrealite god that demand foods and meat, the only reason why jews stopped it was because of the temple destruction.

The midrash, the talmud all said it, keep defending your murderer creator.

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:

Keep quoting from random books written by unknown authors and basing your miserable life on it.

Any jew scholar knows that the oldest text mentioned the killing, if not for illiteracy, an "angel" appeared lol.
So many times are well known by the jews, why are you cherry picking the one that suits you?

I was on my own when you quoted me, you are the conquered theist looking for validation of your beliefs.

Whether you accept that Isaac died or did not die or whether he eveb existed in the first place is your own headache

One other stupid atheist I met was talking about the universe and life. He was asked, how can rational beings emerge by chance in an irrational universe? He was quiet...

There's nothing meaningful they have ever contributed... Overly pessimistic, critical minded people is not a characteristic of intelligent people
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Whether you accept that Isaac died or did not die or whether he eveb existed in the first place is your own headache

One other stupid atheist I met was talking about the universe and life. He was asked, how can rational beings emerge by chance in an irrational universe? He was quiet...

There's nothing meaningful they have ever contributed... Overly pessimistic, critical minded people is not a characteristic of intelligent people
I accept the story as a story, I am not a believer like you theist.

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:
Which foolish law, conquered slave?
If not for indoctrination, your god is a local isrealite god that demand foods and meat, the only reason why jews stopped it was because of the temple destruction.

The midrash, the talmud all said it, keep defending your murderer creator.

The screenshot you just posted is from midrash or Talmud? De play grin grin grin
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:

I accept the story as a story, I am not a believer like you theist.

Pick which story you want to believe
Why not merge the midrash and Bible together

You want to use the midrash to validate or invalidate what you call a myth?

Maynment who does not understand the chemistry of smoke and aroma. Be brought his own idea or poop
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The screenshot you just posted is from midrash or Talmud? De play grin grin grin
Weak cheesy

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Pick which story you want to believe
Why not merge the midrash and Bible together

You want to use the midrash to validate or invalidate what you call a myth?

Maynment who does not understand the chemistry of smoke and aroma. Be brought his own idea or poop
stories are not meant to be believed, theist.
The story is saying same thing, talmud and midrash are used to better understand tanakh, what she went to do for 2 months was explained there, blind animaljah

Explain the chemistry of smoke and aroma 😂😂
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 4:07pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:
stories are not meant to be believed, theist.
The story is saying same thing, talmud and midrash are used to better understand tanakh, what she went to do for 2 months was explained there, blind animaljah

Explain the chemistry of smoke and aroma 😂😂

U quote midrash and talmud to invalidate something you call a myth
Indeed, as SIRTee15 said, you no well
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Aemmyjah(m): 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2023
Maynman:

Weak cheesy

Sanhedrin in which century? grin
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

U quote midrash and talmud to invalidate something you call a myth
Indeed, as SIRTee15 said, you no well
The midrash is validating the tanakh
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Sanhedrin in which century? grin
Every century.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Exactly Is God's Role in Natural Disasters? / Euthanasia ''mercy Killing'' How Justifiable Can It Be? / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Hug & Kiss His Wife As She Celebrates Her Birthday(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.