Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. (2621 Views)

The Origin Of Freemasonry Is North Africa Sex Worship And Human Sacrifice / Did Jephthah Actually Sacrifice His Daughter To The Lord As A Burnt Offering? / Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Dtruthspeaker: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2023
TheMadame:

My issue with people like you is the regular resort to using abusive words on anyone who does not agree with your perception. Why using the word ignorant?
The standard operating word in this passage is BURNT OFFERING!
No matter how you twist and turn the words of this Bible passage the standard operating word remains BURNT OFFERING.

And you do not think to look at The Law of burnt offering Leviticus 1, to see what is commanded! And no human or dog or pig is commanded there!
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

I think we done here. U confabulating again.
So the exodus period had kings....Who do u think was talking in exodus 29.25?

Aroma doesn't go up U will know those who doesn't cook.
Well the bible clearly states aroma goes up as a sweet swelling fragrance to God.

The bible states she was a virgin. Nothing more to say about it.
aroma means smell, smell goes up?
You don't need to cook to get aroma, when you cook, only steam and smoke goes up lol
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:
aroma means smell, smell goes up?
You don't need to cook to get aroma, when you cook, only steam and smoke goes up lol

Tell me u don't cook without saying it.
Ask your sister or girlfriend if aroma goes up
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Read, don't suffer from cognitive dissonance.

But grant me this one request,” she said. “Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry.

38 “You may go,” he said. And he let her go for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin
All these bible VERSIONS sha
This a KJV
37. And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.

38 And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Tell me u don't cook without saying it.
Ask your sister or girlfriend if aroma goes up
Ask your own sister if aroma goes down.

When you see a food served hot, you can see the steam go up, when you grill you can see the smoke go up literally, you don't see smell go up or down.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

Ask your own sister if aroma goes down.

When you see a food served hot, you can see the steam go up, when you grill you can see the smoke go up literally, you don't see smell go up or down.

If u upstairs and someone is cooking downstairs, how do u know what the person is cooking....by the smoke?
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

If u upstairs and someone is cooking downstairs, how do u know what the person is cooking.
Lol, if reverse was the case, I won't smell the aroma?
Aroma only goes up?
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 6:14pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

Lol, if reverse was the case, I won't smell the aroma?
Aroma only goes up?

U not making sense anymore.

TheMadame help him answer the question.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

U not making sense anymore.

TheMadame help him answer the question.
You are the one not making sense, Aroma does not go up.
Aroma fills the air.
There are countless verses in leviticus talking about smoke going up to heavens.

Aroma goes up from downstairs to upstairs 😂😂
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

You are the one not making sense, Aroma does not go up.
Aroma fills the air.
There are countless verses in leviticus talking about smoke going up to heavens.

Aroma goes up
from downstairs to upstairs

So which one should we believe.
Cognitive dissonance at play. sincerely, I think u need to seek therapy.

Meanwhile....

Then take them from their hands and burn them on the altar along with the burnt offering for a pleasing aroma to the Lord, a food offering presented to the Lord. Exodus 29.25

This is what God needs in the offering. The aroma, he doesn't need your smoke.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

So which one should we believe.
Cognitive dissonance at play. sincerely, I think u need to seek therapy.

Meanwhile....

Then take them from their hands and burn them on the altar along with the burnt offering for a pleasing aroma to the Lord, a food offering presented to the Lord. Exodus 29.25

This is what God needs in the offering. The aroma, he doesn't need your smoke.

You didn't see the laughing emoji, the exodus verse where did it say aroma goes up?
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

The aroma here is not from the burnt offering, read previous verses.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

You didn't see the laughing emoji, the exodus verse where did it say aroma goes up?

Where's the LORD's abode.....in the ground?
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

So if aroma fills the air, does it go up?
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Where's the LORD's abode.....in the ground?
Your omniscience god has an abode, yahweh worshipper 😂
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

So if aroma fills the air, does it go up?
It doesn't go anywhere. Another version of that verse said "sweet savor".
Sweet savor goes up?
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

It doesn't go anywhere. Another version of that verse said "sweet savor".
Sweet savor goes up?

So how would I know if someone is cooking if I'm in my room upstairs. The aroma will spread from where to where. Do u know what's called diffusion at all?
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

So how would I know if someone is cooking if I'm in my room upstairs. The aroma will spread from where to where. Do u know what's called diffusion at all?
The same way you will know if you are downstairs and someone is cooking.

What is diffusion?
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

I read previous verses in same chapter and came up with this.

Cut the ram into pieces and wash the internal organs and the legs, putting them with the head and the other pieces. 18 Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the Lord, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord.

I know u looking for smoke so u can find a leg to stand on and claim Jephthah killed her daughter.
U go wait tire. Her virginity was her sacrifice unto the LORD.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 7:12pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

I read previous verses in same chapter and came up with this.

Cut the ram into pieces and wash the internal organs and the legs, putting them with the head and the other pieces. 18 Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the Lord, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord.

I know u looking for smoke so u can find a leg to stand on and claim Jephthah killed her daughter.
U go wait tire. Her virginity was her sacrifice unto the LORD.

Where did it say aroma goes up?
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

The same way you will know if you are downstairs and someone is cooking.

What is diffusion?

Check your chemistry textbook book or ask any WAEC student.

Seriously I don't even understand what we arguing about anymore.
The aroma will spread out from it's initial source, simple. Vertical, adjacent, horizontal doesn't matter. It goes up, down, concentric whatever.
Same thing with smoke. Smoke also will spread out.

What exactly is your point? This is what happens when u desperately trying to force a nonsense idea into a conspicuous narrative. u end up looking foolish.

Jephthah's daughter remain a virgin for life. That was the sacrifice and the aroma unto the Lord. Stop looking for smoke.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

Where did it say aroma goes up?

I asked u where is the LORD.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

I asked u where is the LORD.
Whose lord?
The omniscience one?
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

Whose lord?
The omniscience one?

U know me I don't have a problem bringing your friend. Your very good friend that loves to disgrace u.

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Check your chemistry textbook book or ask any WAEC student.

Seriously I don't even understand what we arguing about anymore.
The aroma will spread out from it's initial source, simple. Vertical, adjacent, horizontal doesn't matter. It goes up, down, concentric whatever.
Same thing with smoke. Smoke also will spread out.

What exactly is your point? This is what happens when u desperately trying to force a nonsense idea into a conspicuous narrative. u end up looking foolish.

Jephthah's daughter remain a virgin for life. That was the sacrifice and the aroma unto the Lord. Stop looking for smoke.
Aroma fills the air, smoke goes up, you can LITERALLY see it go up.

You are desperate to defend your deity, so I understand.

Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

U know me I don't have a problem bringing your friend. Your very good friend that loves to disgrace u.
Aroma does not go anywhere, read, scent molecules.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

Aroma does not go anywhere, read, scent molecules.
🤣🤣😂😂

Argue with chat gpt.
Am trolling u now...have u checked the meaning of diffusion.
Let's do some chemistry lessons here.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:
🤣🤣😂😂

Argue with chat gpt.
Am trolling u now...have u checked the meaning of diffusion.
Let's do some chemistry lessons here.
Read what chatgpt said 😂😂
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

Aroma fills the air, smoke goes up, you can LITERALLY see it go up.

You are desperate to defend your deity, so I understand.
Did I ever tell u smoke doesn't go up. Abi which Kain strawman argument be this.
God is interested in the aroma not the smoke.
Does aroma go up? Yes or No

Good u checked on the meaning of olah which means to go up.
Judge 11.39 says 'I will offer as a burnt offering' which means I will give as that which goes up.
There's was no human sacrifice.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by Maynman: 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2023
SIRTee15:

Did I ever tell u smoke doesn't go up. Abi which Kain strawman arument be this.

Good u checked on the meaning of olah which means to go up.
Judge 11.39 says 'I will offer as a burnt offering' which means I will give as that which goes up.
There's was no human sacrifice.
Did I ever say you said smoke don't go up?

Olah is always use in burnt sacrifice context, and it's smoke that is going up.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

Did I ever say you said smoke don't go up?

Olah is always use in burnt sacrifice context, and it's smoke that is going up.
I've updated. Check the response answer. Your answer is there.
Re: Lessons From The Story Of Jephthah And Human Sacrifice. by SIRTee15: 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2023
Maynman:

Read what chatgpt said 😂😂

U need glasses. Very good one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Exactly Is God's Role in Natural Disasters? / I Believe In Nigeria By Pastor Chris / Einstein Personal Letter To E. Gutkind - "Religion Is..childish Superstition"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.