Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,114 members, 7,828,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Religious Differences In Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Religious Differences In Marriage (11585 Views)

Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship / Help - My Relationship Is Threatened By Religious Differences / A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by juman(m): 11:48am On Sep 03, 2023
Children always follow the mothers religion unless the father can work very hard.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by BRATISLAVA: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2023
Marry an atheist and stop disturbing the internet. Paid writers.

1 Like

Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by oniigo: 11:52am On Sep 03, 2023
As an addendum:
In Islam marriage is an act of worship and obidient to Allah's instructions. So how would you go into such all important assignment and religion of your partner isn't an issue to you?
Islam sees religion as a jihad, and thus a man married, don't bother on what religions faith his offspring will practice. What a waste life?
[1quote author=Reminderz post=125540087]
I will speak to you from an Islamic point of view... generally speaking, there are many genuine reasons why Islam frowns on such marriages... unless she converted to your religion, then Islam frowns at marrying an unbeliever in the Deen... and it's quite a good reason as well...

supposedly you died before her, all your kids will revert back to her religion, and in the sight of your Lord, this is a grave misconduct , all this i love you, she loves you won't save you... when you're choosing a partner, you're not only choosing for yourself, but for your kids and their future...

even if God spare your life, your kids might end up confused and might later revert back to her own religion, and this might break your heart..children mostly generally incline themselves to what their women follows, this is why you should be very careful who you choose to be your wife.. you might not be the one who takes the Deen seriously, but if you fear for your own future and theirs, you would fear for the outcome... that's if you're truly God fearing or you fear His wrath.. but if you're one of those claiming woke muslims, then I have nothing to say to you... and since your wife is not inclined towards your religion, do you know the outcome and consequences when it comes to willing or sharing property when you're no longer on this earth?

you're one of the men who thinks emotionally, you're not the first person to fall in love and won't be the last.... some of the ones greater than your love ended in divorce, so have you thought of this possibility and the effects it will have on your kids?? or na still I love you, she love me too?? now you seems blinded by love, all this will seem like nonsense to you, but e go soon clear for your eyes...

from your story, it seems you guys still have issues on which religion your kids should themselves adapt to, this is just the beginning of the problem, that love go soon clear for your eyes when you're asked to account for that decision you took years back... maybe not in this life, but in the next...

even if you're a idol worshipper, find another idol worshipper to marry or someone who's ready to convert to what you believe in... when it comes to marriage, leave emotions out of it and think logically before you dive in... love is not what sustain marriages... the risks is much greater than the illusions of enjoyment in it... find someone who aligns with your interests and beliefs for your own peace of mind and for the future of your kids...

apart from religion, marry someone who aligns with your interests and dreams... even if it's the person occupation... if you know your wife is an actress, then you should all the things involved in being an actress, don't come out crying when she starts kissing random people on screen and eventually cheat on you and make you father another man's kids... religion is not the only thing that should be taken seriously, there are many other things as well, marriage is not a joke... it's better to be single than dive into marriage while leaving your brain behind... love won't save you when problem arrives... love is just the emotion to attract people to each other, not the emotion needed for a successful relationship, and the thing is that most people can't differentiate between love and lust, and that will be the cause of their downfall... [/quote]
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Loyalty1: 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2023
Reminderz:

I will speak to you from an Islamic point of view... generally speaking, there are many genuine reasons why Islam frowns on such marriages... unless she converted to your religion, then Islam frowns at marrying an unbeliever in the Deen... and it's quite a good reason as well...

supposedly you died before her, all your kids will revert back to her religion, and in the sight of your Lord, this is a grave misconduct , all this i love you, she loves you won't save you... when you're choosing a partner, you're not only choosing for yourself, but for your kids and their future...

even if God spare your life, your kids might end up confused and might later revert back to her own religion, and this might break your heart..children mostly generally incline themselves to what their women follows, this is why you should be very careful who you choose to be your wife.. you might not be the one who takes the Deen seriously, but if you fear for your own future and theirs, you would fear for the outcome... that's if you're truly God fearing or you fear His wrath.. but if you're one of those claiming woke muslims, then I have nothing to say to you... and since your wife is not inclined towards your religion, do you know the outcome and consequences when it comes to willing or sharing property when you're no longer on this earth?

you're one of the men who thinks emotionally, you're not the first person to fall in love and won't be the last.... some of the ones greater than your love ended in divorce, so have you thought of this possibility and the effects it will have on your kids?? or na still I love you, she love me too?? now you seems blinded by love, all this will seem like nonsense to you, but e go soon clear for your eyes...

from your story, it seems you guys still have issues on which religion your kids should themselves adapt to, this is just the beginning of the problem, that love go soon clear for your eyes when you're asked to account for that decision you took years back... maybe not in this life, but in the next...

even if you're a idol worshipper, find another idol worshipper to marry or someone who's ready to convert to what you believe in... when it comes to marriage, leave emotions out of it and think logically before you dive in... love is not what sustain marriages... the risks is much greater than the illusions of enjoyment in it... find someone who aligns with your interests and beliefs for your own peace of mind and for the future of your kids...

apart from religion, marry someone who aligns with your interests and dreams... even if it's the person occupation... if you know your wife is an actress, then you should all the things involved in being an actress, don't come out crying when she starts kissing random people on screen and eventually cheat on you and make you father another man's kids... religion is not the only thing that should be taken seriously, there are many other things as well, marriage is not a joke... it's better to be single than dive into marriage while leaving your brain behind... love won't save you when problem arrives... love is just the emotion to attract people to each other, not the emotion needed for a successful relationship, and the thing is that most people can't differentiate between love and lust, and that will be the cause of their downfall...
In lslam, who is unbeliever?
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Dennisbulkan: 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2023
idady2njsd:
i am muslim and my wife is a christian, we re leaving in peace and hormony she goes to her while i go to my mosques the only issued we always have is about the children, but we never fought over the issued, we always talks about the matter, very soon we will come to conclusion. i love my wife she love me as well

Las las your children go be Christians grin
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Loyalty1: 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2023
Reminderz:

can you explain further because I don't understand what you wrote...
Who is unbeliever? A Christian wife?
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by BePrepared: 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
Reminderz:

apart from religion, marry someone who aligns with your interests and dreams... even if it's the person occupation... if you know your wife is an actress, then you should know all the things involved in being an actress, don't come out crying when she starts kissing random people on screen and eventually cheat on you and make you father another man's kids... religion is not the only thing that should be taken seriously, there are many other things as well, marriage is not a joke... it's better to be single than dive into marriage while leaving your brain behind... love won't save you when problem arrives... love is just the emotion to attract people to each other, not the emotion needed for a successful relationship, and the thing is that most people can't differentiate between love and lust, and that will be the cause of their downfall...

The wife should not only convert the children but also the man, thats the Christian message, Jesus died for the while world including you.

1 Like

Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Dennisbulkan: 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2023
dangotesmummy:
Everybody with wetin dey do am

I tell you. Everybody with im Prada grin

1 Like

Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by donmik: 12:25pm On Sep 03, 2023
Expected but shouldn't be a thing of insult and demeaning where people are social
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Dennisbulkan: 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2023
Minsk24:

My standpoint is simple, for the relationship to work, she must have an open mind, always embrace logic...be open to new school of thought and be rational in analysing stuffs...
This doesn't mean she will abandon her faith but she will expunge fantiscism and illogical thinking when it comes to religion...
Its not easy but with time, your partner will be less religious if she maintains an open mind..
Lol, daydreamer. You must think Life/marriage is some kind of soap opera or Bollywood. I doubt you have ever been in any serious relationship. grin
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2023
Reminderz:

Una don start....

So, make him go divorce his wife, abi

Islam and Christianity worship only one God, the creator of heavens and earth...

The difference is the language and practices...

If the children choose any religion of their choice, let them be...

Weda mama religion or papa religion, leave dem...

My dad was a Muslim, my mum is a Christian: I am a Muslim and my biological siblings are a mixture of Muslims and Christians and we are all living peacefully and doing well in life, and my family ain't the only one....

I wonder where Una dey get this impression that children of parents with different religious faith would have issues in life....

Na Una dey create issues for Una children with this Una religious crap up and down...

God didn't create any fvcking religion, neither does He have any damn religion...

People that created this religion of a thing and their books, tell us what you know about thier country and let's see which should be adopted...

3 Likes

Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by frozen70(f): 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2023
Starzzy:
Do you think religious differences is a big factor in marriage?

Personally, I tend to lean towards atheism and I may end up with a devout Christian. What's the possibility of having a smooth marriage without issues relating to religion?

I also do not want my children to be religiously brainwashed. In this part of the world, its really hard to find a female atheist.

I can cope with this, but the problem is if my future wife would be able to cope too.

I was having a conversation with a girl the other day and she said that one of the things she looks out for in a guy is being a strong Christian.

She advised I look for a Caucasian but I'm not buying into the Caucasian stuff because I'm not cut out for that and the chances are remote. And then, she let me know that if I should go for a Christian, her pastor might be an obstacle to us getting married.

Currently, I'm flowing well with this Christian girl and would love to settle down with her.

Those who have faced this challenge should contribute to the discourse. Those who are of a different religions with their spisouse should tell us how they manage to cope.

Practice your artheism but allow her and the children to go to church because she must go to church with those children

And no one will support your beliefs if you refuse her going to church with those children
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Krisdan(m): 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2023
wonder233:
Fanatic, go and sit down. If Almighty Allah desires everyone to be of one religion, He would have made it so. If He also desires that people of different religions should not mix, He would also have made it so.
You fanatics are so passionate about your religion and not about your creator. You serve your religion and not your creator. If you were not born in the part of the country you were born in, you won't be in the religion you profess currently, and like others, you are only passionately reinforcing what you came to meet. You didn't think for yourself. Do you think a muslim and a christian can get to meet and want to get married if Allah did not allow it to happen? Do you think anything hapens coincidentally in this world? Anything that happens is Allah's will, it may not make sense to you as a mere human, and it doesn't have to. You just say "Allahu Allam" and move on.
Mann u made good sense here,if" God only wanted wan religion he would have made available only wan religion "...for me I feel lyk religion is just a guide to serving God...am Christian but no a fanatic and d Bible tells us dat people were worshipping God even be4 d advent of religion.
Was Abraham,Moses ,Noah etc Christians?,even d Quran featured all dis great prophet

1 Like

Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Krisdan(m): 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2023
900warriorz:
As a Christian, follow that which is written..

2 Corinthians 6:14 BE YE NOT UNEQUALLY YOKED TOGETHER WITH UNBELIEVERS: FOR WHAT FELLOWSHIP HATH RIGHTEOUSNESS WITH UNRIGHTEOUSNESS? AND WHAT COMMUNION HATH LIGHT WITH DARKNESS?

Happy Sunday grin
Is the Muslims d darkness?
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by oluwaseyi0: 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2023
Reminderz:

apart from religion, marry someone who aligns with your interests and dreams... even if it's the person occupation... if you know your wife is an actress, then you should know all the things involved in being an actress, don't come out crying when she starts kissing random people on screen and eventually cheat on you and make you father another man's kids... religion is not the only thing that should be taken seriously, there are many other things as well, marriage is not a joke... it's better to be single than dive into marriage while leaving your brain behind... love won't save you when problem arrives... love is just the emotion to attract people to each other, not the emotion needed for a successful relationship, and the thing is that most people can't differentiate between love and lust, and that will be the cause of their downfall...

I will suggest the person you quote simply convert to Christianity which is his wife religion so all this issue you listed are automatically resolve
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by CoolAmbience(m): 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2023
talented321:
The problem with the relegion folks is the moment you tell them you don't believe in their religions they immediately tag u a devil, bad man or criminal. My man the rate at which our people are brainwashed they now think without their religion your marriage, business or life will not prosper and it is will bad. This people don't know that success don't have anything to do with religion rather it is hard work and connection..
I think there are women who are ready to marry if you don't force your atheism on them 100%, but as for me i don't like any woman who behave as if all her life and success depend on the church.

There is one thing that my unlettered late grandfather often said: 'that nobody who practices religion, the way it is practiced in Nigeria especially, is well in the head.'

I used to think that the old man, a devout traditionalist and native doctor, didn't know what he was talking until years ago. The reality of his statement now lives right inside me today.
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Dittodat: 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
idady2njsd:
i am muslim and my wife is a christian, we re leaving in peace and hormony she goes to her while i go to my mosques the only issued we always have is about the children, but we never fought over the issued, we always talks about the matter, very soon we will come to conclusion. i love my wife she love me as well

I'm glad that you are happy about your marriage, but I always tell my kids that if you care about what religion your kids practice in the future then try as much as possible to marry someone from that religion.
In most cases, your children will follow whatever religion their mother practices. There are kids who will follow the father but in most cases, the mother will win out.
Goodluck.
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by sunnnnyuu(m): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
Starzzy:

Personally, I tend to lean towards atheism and I may end up with a devout Christian. What's the possibility of having a smooth marriage without issues relating to religion?

I also do not want my children to be religiously brainwashed. In this part of the world, its really hard to find a female atheist.

I can cope with this, but the problem is if my future wife would be able to cope too.

I was having a conversation with a girl the other day and she said that one of the things she looks out for in a guy is being a strong Christian.

She advised I look for a Caucasian but I'm not buying into the Caucasian stuff because I'm not cut out for that and the chances are remote. And then, she let me know that if I should go for a Christian, her pastor might be an obstacle to us getting married.

Currently, I'm flowing well with this Christian girl and would love to settle down with her.

Those who have faced this challenge should contribute to the discourse. Those who are of a different religions with their spouse should tell us how they manage to cope.
May I change your topic of discussion?
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Entanglement: 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2023
Minsk24:
I am in the same situation with you bro ..
I am non-religious, my partner is strong christain
My standpoint is simple, for the relationship to work, she must have an open mind, always embrace logic...be open to new school of thought and be rational in analysing stuffs...
This doesn't mean she will abandon her faith but she will expunge fantiscism and illogical thinking when it comes to religion...
Its not easy but with time, your partner will be less religious if she maintains an open mind..
then go marry a man undecided
Do you think women are rationale thinking and logically minded species? If you say yes then you are living a fantasy life! angry

What you just wrote are the basics ecologic structure of a male species and not that of a woman
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Rayjnr: 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2023
idady2njsd:

I wish a Muslim woman will ever be allowed to practice islam when they are married to a Christian man, religious tolerance possible??
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Rayjnr: 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2023
Reminderz:

Nice.
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by blingxx(m): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2023
Una don start with this religion gibberish again.. Religion is just ancient politics sir undecided factors that were used to control people that's all undecided don't let it stop your marriage life, when will blackman learn?
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by izonborn098(m): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2023
Even if u don't believe in the religion i think is it not bad if u allow practice hers' if she is not too brainwashed..
talented321:
The problem with the relegion folks is the moment you tell them you don't believe in their religions they immediately tag u a devil, bad man or criminal. My man the rate at which our people are brainwashed they now think without their religion your marriage, business or life will not prosper and it is will bad. This people don't know that success don't have anything to do with religion rather it is hard work and connection..
I think there are women who are ready to marry if you don't force your atheism on them 100%, but as for me i don't like any woman who behave as if all her life and success depend on the church.
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by cocolacec(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2023
Starzzy:

Those who have faced this challenge should contribute to the discourse. Those who are of a different religions with their spouse should tell us how they manage to cope.
Look for a traditional worshipperto marry.Muslim or Xtian girl will see you like a demon controlled individual.
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by ashraf267(m): 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2023
elfico:
God is not religion.
Some people can't marry from other religions not because they want their spouse to change, but because they want their children to practice their religion.
3 generations ago, some of our forbearers practiced African traditional religion and would have sworn / prayer to their deity that their generation continue that path, yet here we all are.
You can't predict what religion your next few generations will practice if they practise any at all.
Of course it is almost impossible to predict. But one of your duty as parents is to increase your children's odds of following the same path you followed, religion-wise, which is why as Muslims, you may sometimes go as far flogging your kids to go to Ile-kewu, to complete their 5 daily solats, on time, etc. All of these is just to increase their chances of becoming Muslims (good Muslims, ultimately).
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Fearyourcreator: 1:35pm On Sep 03, 2023
Reminderz:

You sha wan scatter their home .. if children no even gree follow both una religion Wetin you wan do... Make una dey play
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Fearyourcreator: 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2023
wonder233:
Fanatic, go and sit down. If Almighty Allah desires everyone to be of one religion, He would have made it so. If He also desires that people of different religions should not mix, He would also have made it so.
You fanatics are so passionate about your religion and not about your creator. You serve your religion and not your creator. If you were not born in the part of the country you were born in, you won't be in the religion you profess currently, and like others, you are only passionately reinforcing what you came to meet. You didn't think for yourself. Do you think a muslim and a christian can get to meet and want to get married if Allah did not allow it to happen? Do you think anything hapens coincidentally in this world? Anything that happens is Allah's will, it may not make sense to you as a mere human, and it doesn't have to. You just say "Allahu Allam" and move on.
You have spoken well I tell you... Love is the true religion cus it's selfless... And where there is love there is God....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Fearyourcreator: 1:40pm On Sep 03, 2023
wonder233:
You can't understand kid. Just like most Nigerians, you were fed with religious divisions from birth. Light and darkness, believers and unbelievers, them vs us, Christians vs Muslims. That's all you know religion to be. You don't know Allah.
Hmmm
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Hotice085: 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2023
Reminderz:

So why did Allah created Jews, Hindu, Buhdist Christians, Muslims and every other?
What does your brain tell you between Religion and humanity, which one comes first before Allah?
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Rayjnr: 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2023
Dennisbulkan:

Las las your children go be Christians grin

Real truth
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Rayjnr: 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2023
idady2njsd:

Las las , your home is a Christian home man, or should i say woman cuz you are the woman in that marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. / My Housemaid Has Slept With More Than 100 Men. Is she a Nympho? / How To Marry A Foreign lady (guys Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.