Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,508 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Religious Differences In Marriage - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Religious Differences In Marriage (11598 Views)

Religious Differences Just Cost Me My Relationship / Help - My Relationship Is Threatened By Religious Differences / A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Islamisformumu: 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2023
All Scripture is divine and given to Christians for spiritual guidance.
Biblical Scripture is the highest form of wisdom any Christian can aspire to emulate.

2Tim. 3 Verses 16 to 17

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The man who made the initial comment I was responding to was trying to create the impression that interfaith marriage is normal in Christianity because his wife is a Christian and all I am doing is setting the records straight.

tollyboy5:

You mean apostle paul advice in the bible lol. You should apply wisdom to whatever you do man.
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by tollyboy5(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2023
Islamisformumu:
All Scripture is divine and given to Christians for spiritual guidance.
Biblical Scripture is the highest form of wisdom any Christian can aspire to emulate.

2Tim. 3 Verses 16 to 17

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The man who made the initial comment I was responding to was trying to create the impression that interfaith marriage is normal in Christianity because his wife is a Christian and all I am doing is setting the records straight.

Interfaith marriage depends on the individuals who find peace with each other. That is my stand tho.
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Islamisformumu: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2023
That's the point. Your stand is inconsistent with Christian values and doctrine.

tollyboy5:

Interfaith marriage depends on the individuals who find peace with each other. That is my stand tho.
Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by GreatAchiever1: 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2023
Islamisformumu:
That's the point. Your stand is inconsistent with Christian values and doctrine.

Sincerity tells me that whenever I encounter such remarks, the Commenter is only a Christian for identification's sake. Regarding this topic, the bible is clear on this matter because, to begin with, marriage is God's institution, and He gave us the guidelines for how we should go about it. I wonder what is going on in the church nowadays that will make "christians" say such. But Many has chosen to disregard the infallibility and inerrancy of Scripture in favor of deaf ears, some of whom could even claim it is Paul wisdom and should be taken with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Re: Religious Differences In Marriage by Islamisformumu: 10:16pm On Sep 06, 2023
It is all about worldliness! They are wise in their own eyes and in the eyes of man whose praise they are eager to earn.

Luke 9:26

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

GreatAchiever1:

Sincerity tells me that whenever I encounter such remarks, the Commenter is only a Christian for identification's sake. Regarding this topic, the bible is clear on this matter because, to begin with, marriage is God's institution, and He gave us the guidelines for how we should go about it. I wonder what is going on in the church nowadays that will make "christians" say such. But Many has chosen to disregard the infallibility and inerrancy of Scripture in favor of deaf ears, some of whom could even claim it is Paul wisdom and should be taken with a grain of salt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Sagamite Has Been Saying For Years About How Women Operate And Lose! / Ways To Meet A Billionaire / Men,this Is What Most Of We Ladies Want.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.