Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. (26603 Views)

Is This Why Relationships Are Stressful? / Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume / Most Distance Relationships Are Pure Scam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by AhmadJamil(m): 12:09am On Sep 04, 2023
Stephen2324:
Relationships are now more difficult than ever. Everyone is being wary and careful of the other person. Men don't trust ladies and ladies don't trust men. Everyone is on the edge, suspicious of the words and actions of other person. Distrust everywhere.

Voluntary unions are now built on falsehood and distrust. No one wants to be the fool. No one wants to be the "mugu". Everyone wants to be the smart one.

The winner of this unfortunate battlefield is he who has the least emotions and who cares less. It is more sad when one realises that these are two species that are meant to work together in a physical and spiritual upbuilding but this is where we are today.

More sad is that, it will get worse as time passes because even these wrong values are being passed on to the younger generation who cling to it more firmly and build on it. Building on the wrong values with so much energy and talent, directed in the wrong direction. And when one seeks to find the root cause of this pain and scar we all bear, we end up going round in circles and plunging ourselves into the very entities that birthed these false attitudes. A vicious cycle.

We are like a legion of lost souls in a dark enclosed tunnel, getting in eachother's way just to find a way out but without a genuine desire to change from within.

Please clap for yourself 👏🏻
Well said! You describe every relationship today.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Emmanuel909090: 4:03am On Sep 04, 2023
So true
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by temitimx19(m): 4:56am On Sep 04, 2023
Relationships are difficult in this era because a lot of people don't know what they want from it.

You can be the nicest person in a relationship and u would get messed up by the person whom u are dating.

These days people set unrealistic standards and expectations in relationships, all thanks to social media which tries to portray everything as perfect and it's killing us gradually.

You want to marry a billionaire but u are earning less than 100k monthly, I wonder where such logic came from. You want your wedding ceremony to trend everywhere but you don't bring in shi shi.
You want to marry a virgin but u are sleeping around with anything that wears skirts. You want to be the alpha male in a relationship but u can't lead by example.

It's so disheartening that one can't find people with pure intentions these days, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack. Social media has polluted the hearts of many and the number of single ppl around is so alarming.

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by JOACHINpedro: 7:06am On Sep 04, 2023
Ojagun:

Hmm...Someone else has finally said it.
Mental health has turned into the available excuse for people's numerous inadequacies in today's world
GenZ unlimited edition.
Like I said, everyone is weak this era. Modernization really destroyed our essense.
If mental health is the problem, then everyone has the right to back out from a union ( it's playing perfectly well in western world). Hence, the educated people couples that are quick to notice slight change in their mental health in Nigeria follow the trend.
It is what is it. Excuses are easier to give in this era. Reminds me why liberal world introduce nonsentical unnatural policies in the west. Yea bob, I identify as a female because I can't cope as a male

Not surprised at all

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by JOACHINpedro: 7:18am On Sep 04, 2023
Beverlyjean:

You are really naive and lost... usa is not the benchmark.... go and check Asia, Eastern Europe and South America... they still practise the traditional marriage...divorce is very low in those places ... what they are doing in the United States and western Europe is nothing but Evil powered by the devil...only a selfish person will leave a marriage because he or she isn't happy... its best u avoid marriage, its not for u ... u have allowed western social construct to deceive u
Leave the naive young lady. Na too much bbnaija, soap operas and k dramas dey affect them.
Maybe all her relations are divorced hence the stats. People are easily deceived by celebrity divorce. No!, the ones having a blisful unions are all insignificant, na the one wey cast we go use analyse the rest.
The mindset though

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by poweredcom(m): 9:57am On Sep 04, 2023
nathyx:

Oga food master Dangote with all the food got married twice and divorced twice all his food in the store couldn't save his marriage.

You and dangote na d same class una de , dangote have seen the world while you have not , bro no ever marry without any money at hand i de warn you ....its a trap ..love is not enough .....love faded away when the real heat start ...seems you are a kid
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Legal001: 10:22am On Sep 04, 2023
Evestar200:
Scarier than ever

May God help those of us with Good intentions
Amen
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Dshocker(m): 11:29am On Sep 04, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Relationships are difficult nowadays because we've either lost or abandoned the process. You're sleeping with ladies/men when you're not yet married. In those days, my heart would be beating fast just because I wanted to toast a girl because I wouldn't know the kind of response she'd give me. Girls were God-fearing, just like boys. The reverse is the case today

Most of us lost our virginity in our late 20s and early 30s. I married my wife a virgin at the age of 29 years, she was almost 30 years old. As pretty as she was, long, pointed-nosed, dark and skinny with amazing frontside lol. She's escaped 2 times from rapists who pretended to be friends. One of them was a head of campus fellowship.

Many today have lost body count. There's an unseen and spiritual bond in sexual intercourrse which many are oblivious of today. You share in his/her spiritual problem and bondage when you sleep with that guy/girl. You can now imagine the number of wahala on your head when you sleep with many.

A friend of mine won Gbenga Daniel scholarship in those days when he was Ogun governor. This guy was so poor. Luckily for him, he was among those selected,alongside children of senators and powerful politicians. A week to their interview at the British embassy for their visa, 2 ladies who didn't know each other visited him. They said they just wanted to see him as he's refused to check on them, they came separately and on separate days. Meanwhile, he had wooed these girls before but they turned him down while in the university. In short, he slept with them, one after the other on their visit.

Everyone got visa approval, except my friend. I now told him to not give up but avoid sexual sin cos the devil had seen the future and set a trap , using those ladies to destroy him. He didn't appeal but reapplied. He was on 3 days fasting when he went back to the embassy. His visa was approved. Today, he's a great man, an entrepreneur of repute.

Many have entered a wrong relationship today because they abandoned the process. I prayed and fasted over my relationship. I was interested in 3 ladies but I didn't show it. I had to take their names before God. I also engaged my pastors. They never knew each other but God revealed samething to them. There was one of them whom a man of God said had 4 spiritual eyes and possessed with a marine spirit. That I shouldn't near her. To confirm this, there was a day she called me and told me what I was doing. I had malaria and she told me so. GSM was just a year old in Nigeria then. Today, you don't need to toast. They meet on social media, dating app and enter a relationship just like that. No wonder there are rampant divorce cases and family wahala nowadays .

People should go back to God and everything will be ok, including marriages, jobs and spiritual life. Even in the olden days, both families would do some ritual
rites and consult oracles before going for their life partner. Marriage no be beans. Happy Sunday people

I don't believe this your story man.

If it were so, all these big boys like sujimoto would have recked financially.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Dshocker(m): 11:40am On Sep 04, 2023
athaliya:

That's not just unfaithfulness. A man cheating to your face and telling you to use the door if you don't like it, it doesn't stop at cheating to her face.

Men who see it as a taboo to wash the plate they ate with or do the laundry because they're men. And they'll rather marry a second wife than do things they believe must only be done by women.

Men believing their wives are commodities because they paid brideprice to another man (something the woman had no say in).

Men believing their wives must not earn more than them or the same with then and her aspiring to earn more could be seen as an attack on his masculinity.

The list is endless. Many women aren't buying it in 2023.

I agree with you on other things, but of the reasons why i really don't like women earning more than their husband; Most women will start disrespecting and rubbing shoulders with their husband.

Second is, what is the point, if a man makes so much money, and the woman also makes so much money, at the end the children are useless?

In most cases, where husband and wives are hustlers, the moral upbringing of the children will be affected.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by athaliya(f): 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2023
Dshocker:

I agree with you on other things, but of the reasons why i really don't like women earning more than their husband; Most women will start disrespecting and rubbing shoulders with their husband.

Second is, what is the point, if a man makes so much money, and the woman also makes so much money, at the end the children are useless?

In most cases, where husband and wives are hustlers, the moral upbringing of the children will be affected.

I still don't agree with the notion that women automatically disrespect their husbands once they earn more unless she's naturally silly or repaying something he did to her in the past.

Not everyone is good with raising kids. Presence or lack of money isn't a determination, ability to raise kids properly is. And where the couple lacks that skill, a granny or governess can be employed to do so on the parent's behalf
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Fortune118005(m): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Relationships are difficult nowadays because we've either lost or abandoned the process. You're sleeping with ladies/men when you're not yet married. In those days, my heart would be beating fast just because I wanted to toast a girl because I wouldn't know the kind of response she'd give me. Girls were God-fearing, just like boys. The reverse is the case today

Most of us lost our virginity in our late 20s and early 30s. I married my wife a virgin at the age of 29 years, she was almost 30 years old. As pretty as she was, long, pointed-nosed, dark and skinny with amazing frontside lol. She's escaped 2 times from rapists who pretended to be friends. One of them was a head of campus fellowship.

Many today have lost body count. There's an unseen and spiritual bond in sexual intercourrse which many are oblivious of today. You share in his/her spiritual problem and bondage when you sleep with that guy/girl. You can now imagine the number of wahala on your head when you sleep with many.

A friend of mine won Gbenga Daniel scholarship in those days when he was Ogun governor. This guy was so poor. Luckily for him, he was among those selected,alongside children of senators and powerful politicians. A week to their interview at the British embassy for their visa, 2 ladies who didn't know each other visited him. They said they just wanted to see him as he's refused to check on them, they came separately and on separate days. Meanwhile, he had wooed these girls before but they turned him down while in the university. In short, he slept with them, one after the other on their visit.

Everyone got visa approval, except my friend. I now told him to not give up but avoid sexual sin cos the devil had seen the future and set a trap , using those ladies to destroy him. He didn't appeal but reapplied. He was on 3 days fasting when he went back to the embassy. His visa was approved. Today, he's a great man, an entrepreneur of repute.

Many have entered a wrong relationship today because they abandoned the process. I prayed and fasted over my relationship. I was interested in 3 ladies but I didn't show it. I had to take their names before God. I also engaged my pastors. They never knew each other but God revealed samething to them. There was one of them whom a man of God said had 4 spiritual eyes and possessed with a marine spirit. That I shouldn't near her. To confirm this, there was a day she called me and told me what I was doing. I had malaria and she told me so. GSM was just a year old in Nigeria then. Today, you don't need to toast. They meet on social media, dating app and enter a relationship just like that. No wonder there are rampant divorce cases and family wahala nowadays .

People should go back to God and everything will be ok, including marriages, jobs and spiritual life. Even in the olden days, both families would do some ritual
rites and consult oracles before going for their life partner. Marriage no be beans. Happy Sunday people
God bless you for sharing. I am really blessed with this. I have followed you instantly and I am willing to know you more.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Hassanmaye(m): 8:15am On Sep 05, 2023
LarryCork:

^^^^^story
How can relationship be dificult when I get puccccccci every day sir....between 10k to 17k women!!!((no oofencse)) angry
Where do you get good cookie with 10k?
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by BigBlackPreek(m): 9:22am On Sep 05, 2023
Na mosque you go see better ladies marry o irrespective of your religion,tibe and language

know this and know peace
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Odebayo4010(m): 10:00am On Sep 05, 2023
athaliya:

You forgot to add:
7. Men believing that they can cheat and nothing will happen

So this is what you can add to it🙄
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by smartmotion: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2023
At Smart Motion Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic in Surrey, BC, we're dedicated to helping you achieve optimal health and well-being. Our highly skilled therapists offer specialized Dry Needling Surrey BC treatments, designed to target and relieve pain by addressing trigger points, and we also provide Acupuncture in surrey DC, a holistic approach to promoting natural healing and balance.We understand that every individual is unique, which is why our treatments are personalized to your specific needs. Whether you're seeking relief from pain or looking to enhance your overall wellness, our experienced therapists are here to support you on your journey.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by athaliya(f): 11:00am On Sep 05, 2023
Odebayo4010:

So this is what you can add to it🙄

Yes dear grin
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Odebayo4010(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
Eriokanmi:

I respect you sir,
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by nathyx(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
poweredcom:

You and dangote na d same class una de , dangote have seen the world while you have not , bro no ever marry without any money at hand i de warn you ....its a trap ..love is not enough .....love faded away when the real heat start ...seems you are a kid

Youth. don't go and marry ok? Sit there and be chasing money your choice. cool
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by poweredcom(m): 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
nathyx:

Youth. don't go and marry ok? Sit there and be chasing money your choice. cool

Na small.pikin de worry you , marriage is not what u think ...especially in this generation of materialism

Take time to make money first before putting a woman under you unless the whole street go nak ur wife when the heat start

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by nathyx(m): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
poweredcom:

Na small.pikin de worry you , marriage is not what u think ...especially in this generation of materialism

Take time to make money first before putting a woman under you unless the whole street go nak ur wife when the heat start

This is exactly how small kids think.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by DonroxyII: 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2023
Stephen2324:
Relationships are now more difficult than ever. Everyone is being wary and careful of the other person. Men don't trust ladies and ladies don't trust men. Everyone is on the edge, suspicious of the words and actions of other person. Distrust everywhere.

Voluntary unions are now built on falsehood and distrust. No one wants to be the fool. No one wants to be the "mugu". Everyone wants to be the smart one.

The winner of this unfortunate battlefield is he who has the least emotions and who cares less. It is more sad when one realises that these are two species that are meant to work together in a physical and spiritual upbuilding but this is where we are today.

More sad is that, it will get worse as time passes because even these wrong values are being passed on to the younger generation who cling to it more firmly and build on it. Building on the wrong values with so much energy and talent, directed in the wrong direction. And when one seeks to find the root cause of this pain and scar we all bear, we end up going round in circles and plunging ourselves into the very entities that birthed these false attitudes. A vicious cycle.

We are like a legion of lost souls in a dark enclosed tunnel, getting in eachother's way just to find a way out but without a genuine desire to change from within.
Even where there is Genuine Desires to Change Within You Would Discover That We are Incapable of Facilitating The Change Ourselves Because We don't have the tools it takes thus endless depression & raves of Suicidal Deaths ..

Nevertheless, We all need to Reconnect with Our Proprietor if we ain't arrogant nor stubborn..

Once we Realise we are all Piece of Technologies On Earth for Missions Which Technicalities is Beyond Our Scope of Reasoning & We all Part of Larger Games in the Universes With Our Limitations.... We shall be Okayed ...

Human brain is too fragile for Stress That's why Many People Brain has Folded due to Imability to Breakthrough from the Pyramids of vicious cycles ... !

Anyway, Call Jah to Fix You Up Robot, if you think You ain't what you want to be .. Call Jah.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Ugovin12(m): 8:12am On Sep 06, 2023
Relationship has really dealt with me, I'm currently dying of heartbreak 💔 and I don't know how to get over it
In all, I just pray I survive it because it's too much for me to bear 😭😭😭😭😭

I'm scared of loving any woman again in this life
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Hassanmaye(m): 11:43pm On Sep 08, 2023
okoroemeka:
you don't need to look far to find the root cause,it is the internet,social media has broken down the barriers to communication and has given human beings the ability to interact more freely with other cultures,women now has more freedom than ever in the history of mankind,a girl in owerri can send a live video of her pvssy to an India man 7000km away in Bangalore,I have seen a 17yr old ss3 girl that went from anambra state to visit her married lover she met on facebook In mali,a 50yr old army officer that kept her in a hotel for 2 weeks with steady banging,I was shocked to my bone marrows when this girl was telling me the story,with expensive phone,pictures to back her up,at that age to have guts to lie to her parents and stay 2 weeks with a total stranger in another country because of ease of communication,you can reach your own conclusion on what she will grow up to be
I'm crying
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Samsonklin(m): 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2023
Stephen2324:

It's scary

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kenyan Single Mother Of 3 Looking For A White Husband Displays Placard (Photos) / 20 Things To Start Doing In Your Relationships / Valentine: 10 Categories Of Guys You Will See And How They Will Behave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.