Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,991 members, 7,810,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. (26541 Views)

Is This Why Relationships Are Stressful? / Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume / Most Distance Relationships Are Pure Scam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Stephen2324(m): 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2023
Relationships are now more difficult than ever. Everyone is being wary and careful of the other person. Men don't trust ladies and ladies don't trust men. Everyone is on the edge, suspicious of the words and actions of other person. Distrust everywhere.

Voluntary unions are now built on falsehood and distrust. No one wants to be the fool. No one wants to be the "mugu". Everyone wants to be the smart one.

The winner of this unfortunate battlefield is he who has the least emotions and who cares less. It is more sad when one realises that these are two species that are meant to work together in a physical and spiritual upbuilding but this is where we are today.

More sad is that, it will get worse as time passes because even these wrong values are being passed on to the younger generation who cling to it more firmly and build on it. Building on the wrong values with so much energy and talent, directed in the wrong direction. And when one seeks to find the root cause of this pain and scar we all bear, we end up going round in circles and plunging ourselves into the very entities that birthed these false attitudes. A vicious cycle.

We are like a legion of lost souls in a dark enclosed tunnel, getting in eachother's way just to find a way out but without a genuine desire to change from within.

216 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by DonBenny77(m): 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2023
Stephen2324:
Relationships are now more difficult than ever. Everyone is being wary and careful of the other person. Men don't trust ladies and ladies don't trust men. Everyone is on the edge, suspicious of the words and actions of other person. Distrust everywhere.

Voluntary unions are now built on falsehood and distrust. No one wants to be the fool. No one wants to be the "mugu". Everyone wants to be the smart one.

The winner of this unfortunate battlefield is he who has the least emotions and who cares less. It is more sad when one realises that these are two species that are meant to work together in a physical and spiritual upbuilding but this is where we are today.

More sad is that, it will get worse as time passes because even these wrong values are being passed on to the younger generation who cling to it more firmly and build on it. Building on the wrong values with so much energy and talent, directed in the wrong direction. And when one seeks to find the root cause of this pain and scar we all bear, we end up going round in circles and plunging ourselves into the very entities that birthed these false attitudes. A vicious cycle.

We are like a legion of lost souls in a dark enclosed tunnel, getting in eachother's way just to find a way out but without a genuine desire to change from within.
It's scary man.
Some of us may not get married

187 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Jeon(f): 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2023
Wahala, Wahala.
kaiii, na Men dy cry for marriage those days, why you go cry for wetin no dy give u benefit? .

grin

This is not you Op, please come and bash us!!!..

This happens if you refused to get married in your generation, hoping that the next generation will produces fresh, young, submissive , good and naive girls....

😉

59 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by izonborn098(m): 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2023
All i know is marriage sweet but with the right person..
Don't play with red flags and don't go after oloshos who are good in packaging..
Before relationship work perfect' there are alot of understanding and maturity between the two people in question..
Many girls are after material things so one man can't satisfy their needs, so they look for other options making her to lack loyalty and understanding.
Another reason is' women now also have trust issue against men so many of them date more than one person incase any of them break their heart they will flow with the your deputy.. Even men don't trust women again because majority of men and women has taste the bitter side of love.. Nobody want to be preyed on..

123 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by IamAtAnger: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2023
But every Saturday people dey wed na abi na staged?

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by izonborn098(m): 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2023
That is just the truth, people are getting married everyday. Depend on how you view it and the kind of ladies you deal with will determine the kind of relationship u are going to get...
IamAtAnger:
But every Saturday people dey wed na abi na staged?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by DarkLover: 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2023
Difficult af especially for someone like me.
I know what I want in my lady but I don’t really know if I want a lady, I mean I don’t really know what I want.

My standards are high and I don’t know how to trim them down to accommodate a partner, so I get tired of these relationships easily. I may never get married.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by SonofGod231: 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2023
The main trouble is that a man's desire to be loved and to love never really changes from the onset but the focus of women tends to move from one material thing to children to being solely Independent. Eventually we see what OP has just mentioned playing out. Most marriages are suffering,no Iota of LOVE but most peeps just have to live with it.
What makes a Loveless relationship sweet?!

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by SonofGod231: 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Bellotelli: 11:35pm On Sep 02, 2023
Stephen2324:

Wow! I like this topic.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by pansophist(m): 12:22am On Sep 03, 2023
This is a strong case of why arranged marriages were a thing.

Before the world corrupts a person, better to pair individuals early and let them start their love life and build from there.

The foundation of all this mess is when teenagers who know nothing about commitment, responsibility, or relationships, make such crucial choices based on emotions, which makes them prey to the experienced predators out there.

Then make irreversible mistakes based on their naivety, such as being pregnant, used as sexual toys, and even videos of the act as blackmail. When you have a good heart, you think others are like that.

For men, it would be to love a wild girl who would use him for money, then break his heart, turning him into a monster, and recycle him back into the dating market. The next naive girl suffers. And so on.

I have a very good relationship with my 19-year-old cousin, and she tells me everything about men who are after her, even men in their 50s. If not for my guidance, she would have fallen prey long ago.

Thankfully, she is not materialistic, so not tempted by wigs and iPhones.

74 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by talented321: 1:14am On Sep 03, 2023
We just have few mannered woman and such women can't be found in the club or bar..
Becare and look at the kind of women you are dealing with again..
Relationship/marriage is not that hard as you people are making it look like it can't be achieved...
Marrying a good woman is like having another mother..

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by TimT: 8:00am On Sep 03, 2023
Many women out there are good and many of them want marriage.... But men don't know what they need in marriage.... Some men don't know what the concept of marriage entails sef...
Everybody's expectations in marriage are different...
Know what you need..
Be ready to understand....
Be ready to forgive...
Be financially balanced or have a goal...
You'll get married... Even if you divorce, you'll still marry again...

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by wash02: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2023
A topic that should trigger some soul-searching amongst eligible bachelors and Bachelorettes. Relationships today have mutated into a fellowship of cynicism.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by dontrulee: 8:15am On Sep 03, 2023
True, I agree with Op.
Majority of relationships today is just "similar experiences with different bodies" girls act similarly, men act similarly too. Mutual benefits and understanding is rare, the one who loves more and cares more is disadvantaged, the Mr.nice guy is heartbroken by the bad bitch and decides to take the red pill, the good girl is preyed on by the bad boy and decides to be a slay Queen. It's just a round cycle that seems to have no end. Good people are turning bad and bad people are getting badder. Almost everyone has a problem, just choose the one who gives you more peace and less problem because your partner will stay with you for a long time. Unfortunately, when you "fall in love" your view becomes biased and you'll accept things that are ridiculous. Many people just marry for marry sake, the love is very superficial and few years into marriage problem arises. If you want your marriage to last, develop conflict solving abilities but even that is still not a guarantee!
The complexities of relationships but if you can simplify it, it becomes easier for you. Know your red flags and exit ASAP there are billions of ladies out there, there are billions of men out there, you're never at a loss even if the most important person in your life leaves you, at least you still have you. There are still beautiful men and women out there inspite of the many wicked and evil men and women out there. Like tends to attract like in the game of life and doings "birds of the same feather flock together" but be careful, don't be overly good for you'll be preyed upon and will be disadvantaged. Garnish your goodness with a little wickedness, that will give you a more balanced Life, yes the good and bad has to go together, and the bad entails knowing what you don't want in life and relationships and avoiding and hating it with passion. I can say more but let me stop here for now. Gracias

64 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by talk2hb1(m): 9:35am On Sep 03, 2023
Take Marriage like a Work Colleague, we are here for a purpose.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by izonborn098(m): 10:07am On Sep 03, 2023
Young lady you have some valid points here'' i can relate..
Jeon:

This happens if you refused to get married in your generation, hoping that the next generation will produces fresh, young, submissive , good and naive girls....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by osariemenk(m): 10:13am On Sep 03, 2023
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by ednut1(m): 10:13am On Sep 03, 2023
Blame social media. Men are using relationships as a cover for free sex and babe to do house chores. While ladies are also using relationship as poverty alleviation scheme while on the look out for a richer man.

75 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by bouncin04(m): 10:14am On Sep 03, 2023
grin
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by BigDawsNet: 10:14am On Sep 03, 2023
Obviously.. it's not easy if you can't be dedicated

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by 2Radii: 10:14am On Sep 03, 2023
Jeon:
Wahala, Wahala.
kaiii, na Men dy cry for marriage those days, why you go cry for wetin no dy give u benefit? .

grin

This is not you Op, please come and bash us!!!..

😉
But na single mum like u we dey fvck around grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by ukpahu(m): 10:14am On Sep 03, 2023
The wost is coming nobody can change it

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by BoldBrainz(m): 10:15am On Sep 03, 2023
Very sad indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by doctore212(m): 10:15am On Sep 03, 2023
That is why I encourage everyone to patronize Olosho with full chest.

No wahala Promax.

Their price have even reduced from 1k to 500h in my area due to subsidy removal.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Whazar(m): 10:15am On Sep 03, 2023
I don leave relationship for those wey get am

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Mindlog: 10:16am On Sep 03, 2023
Hmm........
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by lexy2014: 10:17am On Sep 03, 2023
TimT:
Many women out there are good and many of them want marriage.... But men don't know what they need in marriage.... Some men don't know what the concept of marriage entails sef...
Everybody's expectations in marriage are different...
Know what you need..
Be ready to understand....
Be ready to forgive...
Be financially balanced or have a goal...
You'll get married... Even if you divorce, you'll still marry again...

How did you come to the conclusion that "men don't know what they need in marriage...."?

If you say that "men don't know what they need in marriage...",are you automatically saying that women know what they need in marriage?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:17am On Sep 03, 2023
na wahala pesin dey carry relationship stress 4 head like gala seller.
cool

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by inoki247: 10:17am On Sep 03, 2023
Lol wetin no difficult for this life again to be happy sef isn't easy...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Jasonekah98: 10:18am On Sep 03, 2023
I'll get married to a real woman.
We'll work it out between ourselves, no third party.
I'll respect and honour my wife, in return she'll be submissive. I have declared!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by kaludestiny10(m): 10:18am On Sep 03, 2023
Of a truth relationships are now difficult to keep and maintain. Marriages are crashing daily on an alarming rate. I think these factors are the reasons
1. Unfaithfulness.
2. Lack of trust.
3. Lack of respect to partners.
4. Gender equality. Women now see themselves as being equal to their spouse.
5. Lack of proper upbringing.
6. Lack of perseverance.

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Things You Don’t Need For A Biblical Wedding: Reno / Things Nigerian Men Won't Do! / I Eat Shit For A Living - Dubai Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.