Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. (26576 Views)

Is This Why Relationships Are Stressful? / Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume / Most Distance Relationships Are Pure Scam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Badmashii(m): 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Go and watch justpearlythings on youtube..maybe she's a man as well....

No vex, but most ladies are known to be comfortable with lies and not cold harsh truth of reality. I must say, I'm highly impressed. (But I still dey doubt sey u no b man)

Meanwhile, what you wrote up there is nothing but the absolute truth. Wish all ladies would care to listen.

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2023
Lumig:

what I am saying is that her "good intention" may be subjective, and may not still be good enough to be called "good".
Hope you get it oga ade2

This is prejudice oga Ade.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by kaludestiny10(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2023
Hahahaha, you are hilarious I must confess with your assumptions which are spot on as earlier mentioned by me. Life is all about give and take and trying to strike a balance.
But when one partner decides to be the only recipient and refuses to reciprocate same to the other partner, then there will be an issue.
It's nice having this discussion with you. Do have a great day ahead. wink
athaliya:

There's an infinite supply of stupidity in the universe and the stupidity is adequately represented in both genders. grin

A woman who acts funny when she begins to earn more than her husband is either stupid or repaying her husband in his own coin.

No right thinking woman who cares about her man will love him less because of money. The problem is that many men are not matured and they get insecure when they see that she earns more, beer parlour gossip doesn't help matters and they lead to the man acting funny and questioning things, picking offences unnecessarily.

Example:
Husband comes back from work by 6pm, wife has been home all day cleaning and working and she's tired and even having a backache and headache.

Husband: Ever since you began to earn more, you now squeeze your face at me when I come back, I know my salary is small but don't forget that it's what has sustained this family for the past 5yrs.
Wife: ?

Another day:
Husband: So you're here and I've been calling you and you didn't answer
Wife: Babe sorry, I was playing this game and you know that at this point, if I shake I'll lose, sorry why were you calling?
Husband: Its not your fault, you don become my madam, why won't you value game over me
Wife: Babe!, today isn't the first time I'm playing this game and you know it
Husband: No worry, I understand
Wife: ?

If he keeps this up, one day she'll snap na
See ehn experiences plenty

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Fiscus105(m): 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2023
SonofGod231:

If a woman should say all she wants and you provide them after earning her love and trust. She would still be outraged and feel damaged if she heard you were cheating even if it's carefully and discreetly done. I don't think any sensible man would treat his sidechic better than he treats his lovely wife. Nobody is perfect so your partner will never be perfect. Women just want you to pamper their pride. If he respects and treat you and your feelings right that's fair enough. Don't go asking for a saint chris. Men are humane,It's as simple as that.

You want her to accept you with ur inadequacies but you don't want tolerate hers, you want her to be perfect and doing your biddings like zombie.

Is that wish of " God to his son" as u claimed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2023
Little21:
It's not that relationship is that hard. It's just that no one wants to be the victim. Men think most girls now are prostitute and on the lookout for better one's. And as a ladies you don't want to marry men that as nothing too offer. They smoke, bet, drink, sleep with whatever comes their way and some aren't even financially stable. Ladies ought to get married but men's have the mindset that no matter how old they are it's not too late for them. So how is it supposed to work out??
Everyone is just on their own.

You Nailed It.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Lumig: 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2023
omooba969:

This is prejudice oga Ade.
It's a prejudice, according to you. Have an open mind Oga Ade2
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Sirtee19: 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2023
Relationship is not difficult as projected here. It's the people going into the relationship that are difficult.

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by traware(m): 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2023
poweredcom:

You are finished , u are unemployed , no kobo and you think a girl loves you , na small pikin mentality de worry u

When she change an for you in the marriage , no come de post long stories for us here o

Hmmm! Before marriage people are so deceitful true colors comes out most times after wedding when the real heat start

When u wake up and no food for house , ur eye go clear
Baba,as i dey read im post i just fall for ground begin laugh like craze man

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2023
The benefits that the both gender get in relationship is toto and money...

When u're making money, why do u have to go into any relationship when u can actually get toto everywhere?

U people just like suffering Unaselves....

3 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by frozen70(f): 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2023
Stephen2324:
Relationships are now more difficult than ever. Everyone is being wary and careful of the other person. Men don't trust ladies and ladies don't trust men. Everyone is on the edge, suspicious of the words and actions of other person. Distrust everywhere.

Voluntary unions are now built on falsehood and distrust. No one wants to be the fool. No one wants to be the "mugu". Everyone wants to be the smart one.

The winner of this unfortunate battlefield is he who has the least emotions and who cares less. It is more sad when one realises that these are two species that are meant to work together in a physical and spiritual upbuilding but this is where we are today.

More sad is that, it will get worse as time passes because even these wrong values are being passed on to the younger generation who cling to it more firmly and build on it. Building on the wrong values with so much energy and talent, directed in the wrong direction. And when one seeks to find the root cause of this pain and scar we all bear, we end up going round in circles and plunging ourselves into the very entities that birthed these false attitudes. A vicious cycle.

We are like a legion of lost souls in a dark enclosed tunnel, getting in eachother's way just to find a way out but without a genuine desire to change from within.

No matter the fear of war, soldiers still go to wars

So no matter your fears, you still have to go into relationship and summount the obstacles if any

No relationship is made in heaven

Relationships are like buying a materials and tell the tailor how to sew the style you want

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2023
cutesharon:
And the submissive and loving women have realised say all na scam. grin grin grin
Even person wey no do bad in the past de suffer in marriage while the ones wey their past bad de get better people.

This is bcoz good girl are not particularly streetwise so they can't really navigate, while the bad ones (retired runz girls) have experience & use their head when deciding to settle down in marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2023
Sirtee19:
Relationship is not difficult as projected here. It's the people going into the relationship that are difficult.

I don't gerrit - Can there be a relationship without the two?
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by 2Radii: 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2023
Jeon:

Ewweeeee.
They always pay for it.

Pay with what??

In wat way??

See you, I laf In yoruba grin grin

Soo all the one wey don dig you paid for it??
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by izonborn098(m): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
sometimes it look like luck and sometimes u also need to be observant with anybody(man or woman) you are dealing with..
cutesharon:
And the submissive and loving women have realised say all na scam. grin grin grin
Even person wey no do bad in the past de suffer in marriage while the ones wey their past bad de get better people.

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Evestar200(f): 12:57pm On Sep 03, 2023
omooba969:

She said 'good intentions' - read to understand oga Ade.
Don't mind him.

They always think everyone is like the bad people they have come across in their life.

I have come across a lot of bad men in the name of relationships but I don't go around tagging every man bad.

Since he thinks I am like what he wrote up there ,all I can say is Good for him.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Damead: 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2023
omooba969:

She said 'good intentions' - read to understand oga Ade.
Exactly, you get the point.
You can't even love easily without the fear of being outsmarted by the other person.

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Damead: 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2023
Don't be fast to comment without carefully getting his point. This is the sad reality of today's dating pool.
Even though you give and provide to some ladies it still won't stop them from misbehaving. The point relationship is getting harder these days cos most people are acting two smart in it. Nobody wants to fall victim.
A real relationship is not always 50/50.
Atimes it will 70/30,80/20,90/10,50/50 so it all depends on the tolerance,which is what most youth lack these days.
poweredcom:

You are finished , u are unemployed , no kobo and you think a girl loves you , na small pikin mentality de worry u

When she change an for you in the marriage , no come de post long stories for us here o

Hmmm! Before marriage people are so deceitful true colors comes out most times after wedding when the real heat start

When u wake up and no food for house , ur eye go clear

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by DND069: 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2023
omooba969:

There are many decent men out there, just keep your head up, HE will eventually show up. smiley

Bro the thing is there are many decent men but everybody dey guide him heart. Decent men way dem Don hit am with breakfast no go guide him heart?

The thing is: we have many many Decent and good men, but they do not wanna show the good side any more since they were taken advantage of in their past experiences. Everything is mixed up! Same with women. We gave some Decent ones but they have also been taken advantage of so they don't show the good side anymore. So what most humans show is that dangerous side. No-one wanna be a prey. It is telling on everyone

We are all in a mess!

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by arantess: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
DonBenny77:

It's scary man.
Some of us may not get married
Don't let it deter you

You won't say because people die in war, then you won't go when need arises
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2023
Jeon:

I said what I said.

Women don't need Men apart from their Money right from day one ,but have no choice because they're not wise and are dependent. Some are sold out by their family for the goodies, some are forced into early marriage cutting short her dreams.

Women do face alot in Marriage, bearing cheating, abuse, over worked, sacrificing time, freedom,life, social life, career and putting up with someone's issues just to be a good woman .And at the pay day they will be left with no pennies,love or appreciation.

Do you think our foremothers, will even take Marriage if there were freedom? making their own Money? being independent? the way it is today?.

@bolded,

Everybody needs somebody. The new generation of Black people need to realise that we're not built/wired to be separate entities and economic independence shouldn't distract us from our primary roles in the natural order of creation.

It would be patronising & insensitive of me to say I understand or feel the plight of women but I think a woman's economic independence should help build, maintain, preserve...and not destroy.

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by SuccessfulRichi: 1:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
Completely Tru. I am in a relationship where I know that my babe is cheating on me with her exes. They're communicating fine. But when she comes to my house she mute her phone. And I'm playing along though. I'm not perfect either.

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2023
DND069:

Bro the thing is there are many decent men but everybody dey guide him heart. Decent men way dem Don hit am with breakfast no go guide him heart?

The thing is: we have many many Decent and good men, but they do not wanna show the good side any more since they were taken advantage of in their past experiences. Everything is mixed up! Same with women. We gave some Decent ones but they have also been taken advantage of so they don't show the good side anymore. So what most humans show is that dangerous side. No-one wanna be a prey. It is telling on everyone

We are all in a mess!

Lol 🤣 🤣 Everyone will be alright. grin
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Evestar200(f): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2023
SuccessfulRichi:
Completely Tru. I am in a relationship where I know that my babe is cheating on me with her exes. They're communicating fine. But when she comes to my house she mute her phone. And I'm playing along though. I'm not perfect either.
Lol

Both of you deserve each other.

Playing along with a cheating partner that you are supposed to dispatch.

Anyway you said you are not perfect either.

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Jeon(f): 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2023
omooba969:

@bolded,

Everybody needs somebody. The new generation of Black people need to realise that we're not built/wired to be separate entities and economic independence shouldn't distract us from our primary roles in the natural order of creation.

It would be patronising & insensitive of me to say I understand or feel the plight of women but I think a woman's economic independence should help build, maintain, preserve...and not destroy.

What are you saying.
The old generations were not happy in some of the relationship, but have no choice then to stay .

And guess what!!, they're the ones with the most divorce rate in this new generation.

You Men, should forcing yourself on us.
And this thing is also affecting other races, not only Black people.

9 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2023
Evestar200:
Don't mind him.

They always think everyone is like the bad people they have come across in their life.

I have come across a lot of bad men in the name of relationships but I don't go around tagging every man bad.

Since he thinks I am like what he wrote up there ,all I can say is Good for him.

@bolded,

Haaa! Omoge, how many is 'a lot' ? grin

Na joke o! grin
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Myer(m): 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2023
DarkLover:
Difficult af especially for someone like me.
I know what I want in my lady but I don’t really know if I want a lady, I mean I don’t really know what I want.

My standards are high and I don’t know how to trim them down to accommodate a partner, so I get tired of these relationships easily. I may never get married.

Kindly elaborate on the bolded.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by 4KNGOATS(m): 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
Relationship is the easiest and most successful for the dumbest.try to be dumb

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Jeon(f): 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
2Radii:

Pay with what??

In wat way??

See you, I laf In yoruba grin grin

Soo all the one wey don dig you paid for it??

If wishes were horses again.

make I follow you laff small.

Men do pay for sex in many ways.
1, Money .
2, Career.
3, Life.
4, Destiny.

No one don dig me, so stop using the wom3n you met to satisfy yourself in my discussion.

And do you want to know why relationships is hard again?

It's because most people can't respect their private parts. After hoeing around they wanna settle down with someone that secured the temple of GOD and denied himself /herself the explore.

Meaning say " Nah you want better thing because the other person not get sense ".

10 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Little21: 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2023
[quote author=adams123 post=125545311][/quote]
A lady must marry the person who loves her not the person she loves. That's the only way she will be treated better. And besides as a lady how will you marry a person that has no source of income or some that doesn't even want to do anything than looking for women that are already wealthy?. As a lady you must be financially okay on your own before marrying, unless the man that's okay when you married him will go on saying you married him because of his money. If you are doing financially okay yourself you can't marry a man that's lower than you financially. That's it
And that's why must wealthy ladies can't seems to find the right husband cuz most of the "so called husband" are just out to scam them. Most black men aren't happy when there women are doing okay than them. They say she ought to be "arrogant". That's why they want a woman that's lower than them so she can be obedient and do whatever she is told to do. In the fear of he won't be giving the little money he ought to give for feeding. That's just men's mentality. And until you see a man that truly loves you, it's better to just stay single.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Evestar200(f): 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2023
omooba969:

@bolded,

Haaa! Omoge, how many is 'a lot' ? grin

Na joke o! grin

Two to four is a lot.

I stopped anything relationship since 2021.

The society is too full of heartless and selfish people.

Everyone is just after profits without considering the feelings and mental health of others.

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Justbeingreal(m): 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2023
omooba969:

Quite a challenge for an adult to change a longstanding bad habit. It's an illusion to hope they'll change once married - you will be sleepwalking into a trap.
Exactly.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Myer(m): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2023
Stephen2324:
Relationships are now more difficult than ever. Everyone is being wary and careful of the other person. Men don't trust ladies and ladies don't trust men. Everyone is on the edge, suspicious of the words and actions of other person. Distrust everywhere.

Voluntary unions are now built on falsehood and distrust. No one wants to be the fool. No one wants to be the "mugu". Everyone wants to be the smart one.

The winner of this unfortunate battlefield is he who has the least emotions and who cares less. It is more sad when one realises that these are two species that are meant to work together in a physical and spiritual upbuilding but this is where we are today.

More sad is that, it will get worse as time passes because even these wrong values are being passed on to the younger generation who cling to it more firmly and build on it. Building on the wrong values with so much energy and talent, directed in the wrong direction. And when one seeks to find the root cause of this pain and scar we all bear, we end up going round in circles and plunging ourselves into the very entities that birthed these false attitudes. A vicious cycle.

We are like a legion of lost souls in a dark enclosed tunnel, getting in eachother's way just to find a way out but without a genuine desire to change from within.

It's a vicious cycle.
Love this writ so much, felt like I was reading what I wrote. Well done sir.

My 2 cents on this- every thing is the way it is simply because everyone is doing what seems right in their eyes.
We are not following God's way, but following others- celebs, our own intelligence, our cultures/trafitions, etc.

First off, you will find peace by taking the pressure of marriage off you.

1. Marriage is not competition with your peers or neighbours or family members. Everyone came inro this world alone and alone we will leave it behind.

2. Marriage is not for everybody. You can choose not to get married. Society and people's opinion is irrelevant when you know God's will for you.

3. There is no rushing into marriage, especially for a man. For ladies the pressure can also be avoided knowing there is no menopause in the bible. But complacency is certainly a time waster. Be intentional about working towards what you desire.

4. A good marriage is worth waiting patiently and preparing well for. Build yourself into the husband/wife material you would love your sister/brother to marry

5. Be responbile. Good marriage is for responsible role models. Because the goal is to raise children who will being joy and not reproach to you and the society.

6. Marriage is one of God's blessings. So be sure you're walking and working to know and please God by doing His will. He compensates His own the way He deems fit- if marriage is your desire, he is preparing both of you for each other and it will be worth it.

7. Listen to the testimoniesof others, you will be amazed. God's ways and thoughts are way beyond our faculties. He is the perfect planner and it is His will that will stand.

I hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Valentine: 10 Categories Of Guys You Will See And How They Will Behave / What I Found When Bought A Second Hand Laptop / Through Thick & Thin: Couple Celebrates Weigh Loss Together On Valentine’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.