Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) (24523 Views)

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House / Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Luckysbab: 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2023
Mindlog:

Bragging about being the cause of your fiancée's emotional trauma is a waving red flag and a clear sign of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

You just reminded me of an undergraduate topic in my Marriage and Family Therapy course: Dating a Narcissist.

He's actually a confused being, more than anything else.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by ariesbull: 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ololade4:
Good day House.. I am an ardent Nairalander but I am using another identity to cover up..

It's almost over a year now that i started the journey with her, I met her parents 4 months ago, I was told by her day that thier daughter is not free( bride price things) normally... we talked it out and we decided to get marriage.. I am 35, she's 32. She has a 8 years old boy out of wedlock, the boy stays with her parent.. I don't have any problem with that, Single mother is not a disease.. we have being living together since March this year, just like a couple and i decided to tie the knot with her later in the year which we both agreed on.

So we both agreed to go for registry then normal engagement and rest the case.. she later changed her mind, she doesn't want the court registry anymore (i am not move with this anyway, but why? Is she having another secret affairs elsewhere, or maybe she's thinking she may leave if things go south, like she doesn't want to get into a legal marriage that will hinder her from having choice in the nearest future, because I don't understand..).. She only want Engagement, without the court registry for now.
Anytime her parents, especially her mom ask her about it in the wedding plan, she will tell her we will do it later in the future .
As a man in the first place I don't need to worry about this in the first place, because all this court marriage registration only favor the woman and I know most of them crave for it...

But she... What is she up to??
she is married and hasn't divorced her baby father and marrying another man will make her a criminal ...Bigamy is a crime in Nigeria

Dude open eyes like fish

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Kobojunkiee: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2023
Olaide1295:

You don’t need court wedding for family visa.
Yes you do. Don't make assumptions. Go ask anyone who has actually left the shores of that country with a family to tell you the truth. The day you register your marriage in the courts is the day the courts officially recognizes it as having begun. undecided
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by blesdman(m): 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2023
SalamRushdie:

You people don't like to hear word ..leave single mother alone for your own good, nobody knows how to scheme like them , she is already scheming, it obvious she doesn't see a long future with you because you obviously can't provide the kind of life she wants for her son , she is still keeping he options open
Single mother has never been a disease and is not a disease. The holier than thou attitude of men stinks too much of hypocrisy. Even a virgin is imperfect in some ways. Allow people to breeth with the options they have to make themselves happy. Not doing court marriage is not a red flag. That's just a imported western culture which does not validate marriages. So long trad goes, I think all is well.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by SalamRushdie: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2023
obaidan:

I feel like slapping the OP. There are different types of daddy. Real daddy, baby daddy, step daddy...but na step daddy op wan become, as if that is not enough, he still wan dey legal with who no want am.. they are surely following him from his village

Single mother games are very dangerous for any man that gets involved , trying to marry the is like swimming against the current..I pray he opens his eyes

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Kobojunkiee: 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2023
SalamRushdie:
■ Single mother games are very dangerous for any man that gets involved , trying to marry the is like swimming against the current..I pray he opens his eyes
Rubbish! undecided
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Dyfynezz12(m): 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2023
How long has she been separated from her baby daddy
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Luckysbab: 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2023
Caaz:

Mindy yaff arrived.....lolz nsogbu ga di ofo'du obele oge.

Where's Persephone, magnolia folake4u the sisters crew.

Now, I see what the whole charade is about. Make una enjoy una little victories. There's been more than enough wotowoto that one should even cheer you folks on this - Let the girls breeeaaaath!

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by VULCAN(m): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
Is it not obvious to you that she is already married?

Probably unknown to her parents.

Remove marriage from your mind and enjoy her as she is.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by SalamRushdie: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
blesdman:

Single mother has never been a disease and is not a disease. The holier than thou attitude of men stinks too much of hypocrisy. Even a virgin is imperfect in some ways. Allow people to breeth with the options they have to make themselves happy. Not doing court marriage is not a red flag. That's just a imported western culture which does not validate marriages. So long trad goes, I think all is well.

Have you dated a single mom before? Baba a single mum is a psychologically damaged woman , she will come into any marriage with that baggage and hardly any young couple that can survive that ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by izonborn098(m): 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
I lover ur reply to that foolish writeup...
talented321:
Okay...
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by AImiron: 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ololade4:
Good day House.. I am an ardent Nairalander but I am using another identity to cover up..

It's almost over a year now that i started the journey with her, I met her parents 4 months ago, I was told by her day that thier daughter is not free( bride price things) normally... we talked it out and we decided to get marriage.. I am 35, she's 32. She has a 8 years old boy out of wedlock, the boy stays with her parent.. I don't have any problem with that, Single mother is not a disease.. we have being living together since March this year, just like a couple and i decided to tie the knot with her later in the year which we both agreed on.

So we both agreed to go for registry then normal engagement and rest the case.. she later changed her mind, she doesn't want the court registry anymore (i am not move with this anyway, but why? Is she having another secret affairs elsewhere, or maybe she's thinking she may leave if things go south, like she doesn't want to get into a legal marriage that will hinder her from having choice in the nearest future, because I don't understand..).. She only want Engagement, without the court registry for now.
Anytime her parents, especially her mom ask her about it in the wedding plan, she will tell her we will do it later in the future .
As a man in the first place I don't need to worry about this in the first place, because all this court marriage registration only favor the woman and I know most of them crave for it...

single ladies with no baggages plenty out there, why would you wanna get married to a single mother, you’re making a mistake you might regret later in future. Abort!!!
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by hahn(m): 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ololade4:

Why will you even want to do anything more than sleep with a woman with an 8 year old child outside wedlock? 😐
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Mindlog: 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Have you dated a single mom before? Baba a single mum is a psychologically damaged woman , she will come into any marriage with that baggage and hardly any young couple that can survive that ...

Trash 101.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Luckysbab: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
advanceDNA:

Lol..... nairaland men catching cruize here has given them ladies ptsd...... they can no longer comment on a topic without making it look they have a fight with someone..

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Quebec91(m): 3:52pm On Sep 04, 2023
cheesy
AchrafHakimi:
Simping is worse than Ebola.
Only SATAN II missile can destroy it.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by dontai(m): 3:52pm On Sep 04, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Do you intend to be in a marriage that isn't legally binding?

If you want to apply for a family visa in the future, which proof are you going to present?

Tell her if she's not interested in registry, you're no longer interested in marrying her. This type of a woman will give you problems in the future.
please man chill, with this overplayed visa for marriage things. Oyinbo man with ordinary girl friends do traveled, not to talk of couples with kids and things like introducing pictures and co. Let stop been uninformed.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Shezzman: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2023
Lol. You are good...
pocohantas:
I love that girl.

I hope other ladies can read and learn. The reason some men claim they don't want marriage or they have more to lose is because women carry it for head. Always fighting tooth and nail for (registry) marriage. So they sit back and allow you do all the work while acting like they did you a favour marrying you. Have you ever considered the fact that you would be the one needing to escape from an evil man in record time? Breaking head over a man's property even at the expense of your life.

This OP claims it favours women more but he is restless because he met a woman who has mastered her emotions. He wishes she were chasing him upandan for a legal wedding and flying to catch ring. He is bothered because he doesn't hold all the ACES.

Isn't this the kinda arrangement they claim to want online? #TEAMBABYMAMA? Why is OP worried and why the responses from his fellow men above? grin grin

Men want this marriage as much as you do if not more. If they hated marriage so much, they wouldn't be open to polygamy or rushing to marry another wife after a divorce or death of the first wife. No man keeps two (polygamy), even four of what he doesn't benefit from. They benefit heavily from marriage. In fact, after tasting marriage, they find it hard to stay alone again. Unlike women who would rather enjoy companionship without commitment.

Stop fighting these men over registry. Tell him you don't want. Let him be the one to create thread and beg you to sign those lines. Stop begging them to see the usefulness in marriage. Stop answering stupid NL questions like "what can you offer a man?" He has the option of remaining single or marrying a fellow man or new yam.

You are the prize. grin grin
If he isn't giving you same energy, disembark.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by blesdman(m): 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I know many that are a well managed. They are more stable than the so-called fresh ones. It all depends on the maturity and sense of understanding of the partners involved. Let single mothers breeth...

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Shezzman: 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
You chose what you belive to be true cos that's what you wanted to...
Ololade4:

Reasonable answer so far..

According to what I have observed so far with her, your input seems to be accurate with the whole thing..
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
Well, she doesn't get to decide alone.
The decision will be made and agreed by both of you and she will have to come up with a logical reason to convince you.

Stand your ground if she does not have a solid reason.
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by iamtardey: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
What exactly is this problem you claim everyone in it always end up having? undecided
… enjoy your day
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Kobojunkiee: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
SalamRushdie:
■ Have you dated a single mom before? Baba a single mum is a psychologically damaged woman , she will come into any marriage with that baggage and hardly any young couple that can survive that ...
Abeg get away! undecided
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Quebec91(m): 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
You get time sef replying that mumu

Isn't it obvious to yoh thatis same snake gender defending fellow snake,? They all reason like cochroaches
Ololade4:

You're judging the book by its cover.. She even want the marriage more than me, I always have my emotion on check when dealing with a woman.. do u know how many emotional trauma I don give am?? smiley Trust me she's even the one doing the chasing...

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by tochez24(m): 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ololade4:

Soon you will find out WHY she's a baby mama🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stupid man⚠️

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Kobojunkiee: 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2023
iamtardey:
… enjoy your day
So you cannot articulate which you claim everyone who registers their marriage in the courts suffers? What is wrong with the average Nigerian brain abeg? This is 2023! undecided
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by correctguy101(m): 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ololade4:

Blessings on your soul that you know this especially when you're very clear of what's what in your relationship.

Your other concerns are troubling though....

Don't tell me or anyone else, on your own, ponder on this...

What's her level of exposure and what reasons is she giving to want to dodge a properly registered and State recognized union?

In any relationship, emphasis should be on transparency, it takes really little for trust built with so much to become nothing....

I hope it's nothing serious...

But don't let this pass. Make sure you're clear about why she's suddenly developing cold feet on something she gave her consent on at the onset....
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by bugatti02(m): 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2023
Take a seat let me tell you the facts….

She’s been married legally already to the father of the son
So she’s not gonna do anything that will put her into legal battle with the Husband…. Because from the look of things. She separated from the man in question.

Be smart about it…. Single mother no be disease like you said, but some future pains and regrets can be stopped totally…
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by pongwa(m): 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ololade4:

run
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Kobojunkiee: 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
correctguy101:
Blessings on your soul that you know this especially when you're very clear of what's what in your relationship. Your other concerns are troubling though.... Don't tell me or anyone else, on your own, ponder on this...What's her level of exposure and what reasons is she giving to want to dodge a properly registered and State recognized union? In any relationship, emphasis should be on transparency, it takes really little for trust built with so much to become nothing....I hope it's nothing serious...But don't let this pass. Make sure you're clear about why she's suddenly developing cold feet on something she gave her consent on at the onset....
If your marriage is not registered in the courts, what that means is that the woman can equally up and abandon you one day too without penalty. It has happened to many people out there many of whom refuse to tell their story for shame. undecided
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by Corea4king(m): 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2023
I thought is the man that don't want court marriage
Re: My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) by delpee(f): 4:18pm On Sep 04, 2023
@OP
The woman isn't 100% sure that marriage with you will last and divorce is more expensive and cumbersome when it's a legal marriage. Search your mind or find out what you're doing that is showing her a red flag. Remember that she's had an experience before and will be wary of another mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photo Of A Crippled Woman Striving With Her Child / Provide Help:get Help. (help Center)!!! / Be Careful With Your Secrets!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.