Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? (13796 Views)

Facebook, WhatsApp Instagram Outage: What Are You Currently Doing On Your Phone? / 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media / What Words Do You Hate Seeing On Social Media? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Rapmoney(m): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2023
Me:

1. I've stopped posting happenings on WhatsApp status. It sells out too much about your life. These days, I prefer to stay mysterious. You don't need to know anything about me.

2. I've forced myself to stop watching all these comedy reels on Facebook. It's a waste of data. These days, I spend my data learning Videography and Advanced Sound Design on YouTube.

3. I've placed on mute the statues of people on my WhatsApp who think life is a competition. Posting every new clothes/shoes they buy.

What's yours?

225 Likes 24 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2023
*I don't upload any Status on WhatsApp.
*I don't comment in any foolish topics.
*I don't check Girl's DP on Nairaland.😒

Nothing concern me with any Nairaland Babe. sad

My Hands are FULL, already. cool smiley

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Rapmoney(m): 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Nothing concerns with any Nairaland Babe. sad

grin

13 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Kobicove(m): 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2023
I always keep my private life off social media especially things related to my personal finance and travel plans

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by TimT: 10:51pm On Sep 03, 2023
I don't view all status....on WhatsApp
I don't post personal details. I only repost comedy I like...on WhatsApp
Facebook is for viewing and being abreast of what's happening... I don't post myself...
Only those two apps I am on...

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by izonborn098(m): 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
I don't go after women both on facebook and nairaland.. I like reality more than ever.. And i am thinking of turning to a ghost reader...

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by fyzaila: 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2023
I act like ghost everywhere, except for nairaland where i drop comment sometimes

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Sanguine(f): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2023
Deactivated my Whatsapp status so I don't even have access to post or see any status at all. I'm not interested in knowing whatever is happening in anybody's life.

Changed my Facebook to basic mode. I don't see any pictures of anybody and anything, just captions. Hehehe.

Uninstalled Instagram.

Enter YouTube Once in a while to see skits from TheWinlos, latest movies from MZFP, etc.

Social media is what it is; fake life and ingredients on display here and there. I am very frugal, minimalist and rather anti-social. My life is JustSimpleLikeThat.com 😜

MODIFIED.
To deactivate Whatsapp Status;
Go to 'permissions' in your phone Whatsapp settings (app info).
Disallow or deny 'contacts'.
You will no longer see status updates from any contact.

The side effect here is you will no longer be able to view your Whatsapp contacts except the ones in your chats. But that's fine for me. I basically only chat (when necessary) on Whatsapp.

I have a whole life outside Social media. So I minimalise my social media engagements as much as possible. Plus it saves me a lot of data for more important things. So it's a win-win situation. Hehehe.

Know what works for you and stick with it. ✌️

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Evestar200(f): 11:36am On Sep 04, 2023
I don't tag people because I hate it even changed my Facebook settings because of tagging.

I don't comment on groups and Facebook page posts.

I don't troll or engage on social media rants.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Rucheen(m): 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
Making my comments without considering pre-comments and post-comments

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Ballzproblem2: 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
only have Facebook, Twitter,insta to see update about Chelsea club , nothing else concern me .

22 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by DyingFetus: 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2023
I stalk certain low-key women on Facebook with a Chad like profile

I stalk and abuse women on Instagram

My WhatsApp is for school and family

I don't have Twitter

I deleted Snapchat, I installed session and element with telegram

12 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Goodlady(f): 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2023
I m no longer nice with my response cos one goat ll still come and shook mouth anyhow in matters and receive slaps.
Vinnie2000:

Nothing concern me with any Nairaland Babe. sad

This is a foolish topic yet you posted on it.
You just checked my dp for the 3rd time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
Goodlady:
I m no longer nice with my response cos one goat ll still come and shook mouth anyhow in matters and receive slaps.

This is a foolish topic yet you posted on it.
You just checked my dp for the 3rd time.

This Topic is a Good one.

And dat's why you commented on it. 🙂

As for ur Dp, I rather check go look @Druggie Tinubu's Ugly Face than view your Pics.😏😕

Is it OverSIZED Yanch or Fake Breasts I want to Look or what@? 😏🤷

28 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Davizee(m): 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
I dont use twitter, IG and whatsApp
I dont post on Facebook, my name is even wierd
I only watch football and wwe highlights on youTube

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Goodlady(f): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
Vinnie2000:

This Topic is a Good one.

And dat's why you commented on it. 🙂

As for ur Dp, I rather check go look @Druggie Tinubu's Ugly Face than view your Pics.😏😕

Is it OverSIZED Yanch or Fake Breasts I want to Look or what@? 😏🤷
Police ll jam you dz week

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Beverages: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2023
Looking at yansh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Atarakpa: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
I stop reading Nigeria news

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by DaTruths: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
I have stopped Replying people that still supports the way Tinubu is oppressing Nigerians, but sharing Billions to the politicians over furniture.

I voted for Tinubu, but i can't be a victim of Stockholm syndrome.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by ExtremeDot: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by wiseone28: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
Posting my nudes

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Ensa777(f): 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
Arguments.
Nothing will make me reply a s..tupid mention

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by oluwaseyi0: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
Post my love life
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by sleek214(m): 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
I've stopped responding to Obidients, those guys foolishness is beyond redemption

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by pansophist(m): 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
Stopped giving attention to attention seekers.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
Not responding to every post or issues on the internet!

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by ItisWell22(f): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
Stopped posting the few happenings in my life on WhatsApp. (No be sey I dey too post before sef)

No active Facebook account for about 8 to 10years now. (Old story! 🥱)

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Risingsunn: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
Posting on Facebook

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by harmargedon: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
Replying dumb people

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by vincenteger: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
I have learnt to mind my business on social media
No be everything be cruise

And I have stopped following people on social media esp the celebrities, most of them are just rude

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by jubrilELsudan: 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
I HAVE STOPPED COMMENTING ON ANY POST ON NAIRALAND

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price / Airtel Introduces N200 For 20GB Data Bundle And More / 5 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Slows Down Months After You Buy It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.