Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? (13807 Views)

Facebook, WhatsApp Instagram Outage: What Are You Currently Doing On Your Phone? / 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media / What Words Do You Hate Seeing On Social Media? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Blankstare(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2023
Sanguine:
Deactivated my Whatsapp status so I don't even have access to post or see any status at all. I'm not interested in knowing whatever is happening in anybody's life.

Changed my Facebook to data mode. I don't see any pictures of anybody and anything, just captions. Hehehe.

Uninstalled Instagram.

Enter YouTube Once in a while to see skits from TheWinlos, latest movies from MZFP, etc.

Social media is what it is; fake life and ingredients on display here and there. I am very frugal, minimalist and rather anti-social. My life is JustSimpleLikeThat.com 😜

How do you cope without whatapp? For me, it is world no 1 most patronized app...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by akwesenana: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
seanwilliam:
I don’t post my personal life-pics, achievements , moods- on social media
On whatapp I post only intellectual memes.
I don’t use Facebook , i use Twitter ,nairaland and YouTube more, I don’t like nor comment on women pics or posts except extremely intelligent ones( post only ).
I mute over 190 people on WhatsApp, only likeminded people see my posts.
I don’t view 90% of my contacts status.
I don’t argue politics, religion and tribe online cos chances are that you’ll make enemies for yourself( some people especially on nairaland and Twitter sabi take politics and tribe serious ehn)..
I don’t wish women happy birthday online ( you know why )
I stopped watching comedy these days cos it’s all about simping and women sexual harassment ( except layi’s).

I watch videos that have to do with masculine mindsets.

Finally I stopped taking internet serious the day I saw one guy’s posts on nairaland i actually know him offline I lodged at the hotel he’s working and we used to be friends back then at community grammar, we talked plenty that day about life and all that, saw him surfing nairaland that day and I could recognise his moniker, this is someone battling real life poverty and struggling with 25k salary ( he works in hotel ).,
He was giving financial advice to someone and broke shaming one guy that owns his own house and uses his own car for Uber o , telling the person that he earns nothing less down 2m in two weeks and can feed the person’s family. Ha ,

Bro I laugh sotey water comot for my face that day .
grin grin grin grin grin
Every one for social media na millionaire investor lol.
Damn.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2023
Burruchaga71:
I stopped reading any news about omokri.

Seeing him alive de vex me.

Lolsss.. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

In politics section, there is one Beerfraud guy that always post his news.πŸ™

Omokri na goat.πŸ˜’

Even the Omokri name in Urhobo language means Small hegoat.πŸ˜ŸπŸ˜•

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:
I've stopped attacking a particular tribe online. Even though I will h8 that tribe forever; especially their hypocrisy, their bloodshed, their terroristic, banditry, bigotry, paedophilia, illiteracy and evil lifestyle. I've stopped attacking them.

You are a terrible TRIBALIST.πŸ˜•πŸ€¦

Hating a Tribe forever. very Bad of you.πŸ˜•

Hope you are not one of the IGBOPHOBIC goons we have, on this site? 😟😏

One day, you will be in Danger and a Person from that Tribe will rescue you. πŸ˜”πŸ˜•

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2023
abobote:
I have stopped using Facebook

Of all Social media sites, Facebook is the MOST important.πŸ˜’

@Least, you can connect with some members of your extended Family and relatives.πŸ™‚

Remember that most Elderly person's do not use WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, et all..πŸ™
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Banbanna(m): 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2023
Is this an exception or what? undecided
jubrilELsudan:
I HAVE STOPPED COMMENTING ON ANY POST ON NAIRALAND

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Googledotcom: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
My Facebook and WhatsApp DP has been left unchanged for the past three years. But I will try to change it this year make people no think say I no dey alive.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Uchedizzy(f): 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
I dont put my pictures on facebook or wassup status and i hadly comments on issues especial on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Babastrong(m): 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
I have stopped hating IGBOs. my mother told me they are my brothers. MAY GOD BLESS IGBOS.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Growing(m): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
Drastically reduced the rate of checking WhatsApp status of people much of which is nonsense.

Stopped arguing on social media. I will rather comment on my page or channel.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by olatuneji: 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2023
Around 2018 when I fell for a scam on telegram, I immediately put an end to using social media; a lot of fake and cunny people reside there.

Going to 6yrs now, I haven't uploaded any photo as my Dp on whatapp, same as dropping/writing something on my status. I most times don't view people's status because it's of no need.

I have facebook account but no single friend on the account, I only use it to read Lasisi Olagunju mondaylines, every Monday, been doing that for almost a decade now.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Sniper101(m): 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2023
Sanguine:
Deactivated my Whatsapp status so I don't even have access to post or see any status at all. I'm not interested in knowing whatever is happening in anybody's life.

Changed my Facebook to data mode. I don't see any pictures of anybody and anything, just captions. Hehehe.

Uninstalled Instagram.

Enter YouTube Once in a while to see skits from TheWinlos, latest movies from MZFP, etc.

Social media is what it is; fake life and ingredients on display here and there. I am very frugal, minimalist and rather anti-social. My life is JustSimpleLikeThat.com 😜

Na your kind I go like marry next year grin

I so hate it when a girl or lady spends 50% (or more) of her free time watching reels on Facebook, videos on TikTok, posts on Instagram and scanning every SM platform searching for what to lift & drop on her WhatsApp status.

Females like that irks me when they're around me, and funny enough such females are virtually the only kinds that abound all around us these days angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by benqo01(m): 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
Rapmoney:
Me:

1. I've stopped posting happenings on WhatsApp status. It sells out too much about your life. These days, I prefer to stay mysterious. You don't need to know anything about me.

2. I've forced myself to stop watching all these comedy reels on Facebook. It's a waste of data. These days, I spend my data learning Videography and Advanced Sound Design on YouTube.

3. I've placed on mute the statues of people on my WhatsApp who think life is a competition. Posting every new clothes/shoes they buy.

What's yours?

1.I DONT EVEN POST ON MY WHATSAPP STATUS MAYBE ONCE IN 2 OR 3 MONTH

2.I DONT EVEN HAVE A FACEBOOK
ACCOUNT

3.PEOPLE DONT EVEN KNOW WHEN AM ONLINE ON WHATSAPP, MOST PEOPLE EVEN ASK ME WHERE I HAVE BEEN THAT HAVE BEEN OF WHATSAPP LOL ME WEY DEY ONLINE

4.I DONT HAVE A DISPLAY PICTURE ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLE I LIKE TO STAY ANONYMOUS.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Fearyourcreator: 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
DaTruths:
I have stopped Replying people that still supports the way Tinubu is oppressing Nigerians, but sharing Billions to the politicians over furniture.

I voted for Tinubu, but i can't be a victim of Stockholm syndrome.
Onikure

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Adrielbradshaw(f): 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
Facebook suspended my account last year, this year made it 1year off Facebook....
It was as though everybody was in a competition, and living their life on the media....
If person get new bf or gf, na for Facebook, buy new clothes or shoes, na still Facebook, make hew hair, Facebook.... I just got tired of it at some point....
At some point in my life then, was addicted to Facebook.
I live my life offline, ghost mode, nobody knows about me and no time for drama.
But I have Instagram, Whatsapp, Nairaland and Linda Ikeji....
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Macgyver1: 11:40pm On Sep 04, 2023
Sanguine:

Uninstalled Instagram.

MODIFIED.
To deactivate Whatsapp Status;
Go to 'permissions' in your phone Whatsapp settings (app info).
Disallow or deny 'contacts'.
You will no longer see status updates from any contact.

The side effect here is you will no longer be able to view your Whatsapp contacts except the ones in your chats. But that's fine for me. I basically only chat (when necessary) on Whatsapp.

I have a whole life outside Social media. So I minimalise my social media engagements as much as possible. Plus it saves me a lot of data for more important things. So it's a win-win situation. Hehehe.

Know what works for you and stick with it. ✌️

Interesting, I just learnt sth new from your comment. Definitely deactivating WhatsApp status.
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Interactive34: 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2023
Sanguine:

Uninstalled Instagram.

MODIFIED.

The side effect here is you will no longer be able to view your Whatsapp contacts except the ones in your chats. But that's fine for me. I basically only chat (when necessary) on Whatsapp.

I have a whole life outside Social media. So I minimalise my social media engagements as much as possible. Plus it saves me a lot of data for more important things. So it's a win-win situation. Hehehe.

Deactivated WhatsApp Status since January this year and never turn back. Enjoying that low-key status

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by placeofallure(f): 1:07am On Sep 05, 2023
I deleted Instagram on my phone. The only condition I'll do Instagram is if I have a business to sell.

My fb account has been dormant for about 2 years now. First, I stopped posting anything about me, I only post about Arsenal but I stopped altogether for about 2 years now. However I opened another fb account where I have just 2 friends. That one is for the purpose of watching my church services live if I'm not able to make church.

I don't do Twitter. I deleted that one siiiiiiince!

On Whatsapp, I don't use my pictures as dp. I use work-related pictures. I don't post statuses. Ki lo n dun nu Jero mi?

I'm most active on Nairaland. I think it's because it's faceless. And even here, I'm barely known, it's safe that way.

I use my device to enhance my business. You will see a lot of stuff on my job on my laptop and phone. I read a lot of work-related stuff online. I do some online courses too.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Sanguine(f): 1:43am On Sep 05, 2023
Interactive34:

Deactivated WhatsApp Status since January this year and never turn back. Enjoying that low-key status

As in, that sanity and peace... ees very sweet. ☺️
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Sanguine(f): 1:48am On Sep 05, 2023
Sniper101:

Na your kind I go like marry next year grin

I so hate it when a girl or lady spends 50% (or more) of her free time watching reels on Facebook, videos on TikTok, posts on Instagram and scanning every SM platform searching for what to lift & drop on her WhatsApp status.

Females like that irks me when they're around me, and funny enough such females are virtually the only kinds that abound all around us these days angry

Thank you for the compliment. 😁
The Lord will fulfill the desires of your heart and give you your own wife. πŸ’

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Rick9(m): 2:46am On Sep 05, 2023
Engaging in unnecessary discussions.
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Rick9(m): 2:47am On Sep 05, 2023
Engaging in unnecessary discussions.

Posting unnecessarily on WhatsApp Status.

The less people hear from me the better.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Emma1Oj(m): 3:13am On Sep 05, 2023
Kemadealadire:
The only thing I do is sell my market
Lol...the way you said it sounds like runs girl. But your face look so responsibly decent.
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by purples25(f): 3:23am On Sep 05, 2023
Everyone's claiming introversion, but in reality you are choked with people who think their social life gives them more value as humans over you in real life.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Papayaayasager(m): 7:24am On Sep 05, 2023
Facebook
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Kemadealadire(f): 8:08am On Sep 05, 2023
Emma1Oj:
Lol...the way you said it sounds like runs girl. But your face look so responsibly decent.
It's Kuku English, that world people have another meaning for it doesn't change the real meaning of the words.
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Prisi12345(f): 8:59am On Sep 05, 2023
Yes o. Private life should be private
Kobicove:
I always keep my private life off social media especially things related to my personal finance and travel plans
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:09am On Sep 05, 2023
Vinnie2000:

You are a terrible TRIBALIST.πŸ˜•πŸ€¦

Hating a Tribe forever. very Bad of you.πŸ˜•

Hope you are not one of the IGBOPHOBIC goons we have, on this site? 😟😏

One day, you will be in Danger and a Person from that Tribe will rescue you. πŸ˜”πŸ˜•

Na you know.

I am not igbo but I love them
I am not yoruba but I respect them
I am not ijaw, Kalahari, ibibio, idoma, igala,ebira, tiv, ngas, or itsekiri but I esteemed them.
So keep your assistance-seeking assistance off my lane.
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by DevilsEqual(m): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2023
Sanguine:

Changed my Facebook to basic mode. I don't see any pictures of anybody and anything, just captions. Hehehe.

Uninstalled Instagram.

MODIFIED.

And u even be woman...Never knew there are ladies who do not even fancy social stuffs

I'm glad to know such exists...I get hope

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Chassy03: 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
I stop tiktoking
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by Bouncing2(m): 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2023
Sanguine:

Changed my Facebook to basic mode. I don't see any pictures of anybody and anything, just captions. Hehehe.

Uninstalled Instagram.

MODIFIED.

All this for only you!?πŸ€”

Even dangote nor do reach laidisπŸ™„

U nor geh data jawreeh!πŸ™ƒπŸ˜
Re: What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? by daniwise(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
wiseone28:
why

Plz don't stop,u can stop after sending to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Slows Down Months After You Buy It / Airtel Introduces N200 For 20GB Data Bundle And More / Phone Repair Myths Debunked (A Must-read For All)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.