Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression (25182 Views)

Japa: Can 4million Take Me To Australia / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Chetas81(m): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2023
YOUR OWN TYPE OF CITIZEN LACK OF RIGHT CONTRIBUTION,TO DEVELOPED YOUR MOTHERLAND, NOW YOU SAID YOU DESPERATE TO RUN AWAY FROM YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, BLACK AFRICANS MENTALITY NOT EQUIPPED WITH MODERNIZATION, THAT IS WHY, THEY CANNOT DEVELOPED THEIR COUNTRY, BUT PREFER TO BE SLAVE SOMEWHERE AROUND THE GLOBE 🌍

2 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by APOPTOSIS: 11:14am On Sep 09, 2023
Procashtips:
What kind of life are you living that location determines your happiness?
The Right Question finally asked here.
grin grin grin grin grin
Anyway, some humans derive so much joy in traveling, and that includes me. Not just trips but long distance and interesting trips.

10 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by borie4u(m): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2023
My brothers let me be very clear to you. You cant compare Naija with the west. The difference is much. Here there is worth for living. You cant worry about food. food is the easiest you can get. very cheap and affordable. even at that there are foodbanks almost everywhere that gives food and basic groceries to you but in term of happiness, naija is way ahead. U can never be bored in Naija. If your neighbour no see u for two days dey go come knock ur doors but u see in the west particularly in the UK, u can die for three months and no one will check on u. U dont even know ur neighbour self.
Make i make u laugh small, oneday i was outside going inside my building, when i saw two little girls with their mum at the back. the little girls were smiling at me and coming towards the door. I thought they just wanted to greet me and i went to them so they should not stress themselves trying to climb the stairs until they told me that they live in the same building. That day i burst laugh say see me. I no even know my neighbours.
If not for bad leaders naija is still the best so I agree with making money and coming to naija to spend it.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by 9japride(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2023
pansophist:

I get you. Canada is one hell of a depressive place. Something is just not right with that country.

I actually planned to migrate there before. I come visit am make I get a feel of the place before deciding, but just a week for Toronto, I changed my flight ticket and left earlier.

I see why they need people there, to come share with the depression. SO expensive, isolated, and so boring. Mehn me I cant to. But the nature is beautiful sha. Canada can easily pass as the most beautiful nature on earth. Too fine.
[color=#006600][/color]

But people really get mind to travel to Canada. Their tuition fees are ridiculously expensive. It will be better one use that fund to go to somewhere in Europe under schegen and use the balance to learn skills and invest in other things. Then maybe later one can travel to Canada or any other English speaking countries as a big boy/girl.
Africans especially blacks are not united in foreign countries. I doubt if Indians/Bangladeshis ever experience depression? Those guys are very united and they help themselves a lot.
But 9ja case is just different. If we can be united I don't think issues of depression will come in.
Host different social activities will help reduce depression.
Same people promoting hatred here in nairaland are same set of people that eventually travel out and carry on with their bigotry.
The worst is the female gender, they are not really friendly to their black brothers.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by JASONjnr(m): 11:25am On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

Facebook

Facebook?

Abeg, tell me how you did it..

All the white girls I chat with, they never reply my message.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by LordIsaac(m): 11:25am On Sep 09, 2023
spiritedtete:
All that glitters are not Gold bro... you will come to terms with cons: Racism, loneliness(you can be married with children and still be lonely), slaving, police oppression... anxiety and depression. And you will never be rich if you don't have a special talent. (Standard of living is very high small pay check big taxes and bills)

Prons: Jobs, beautiful environments.. clean people (the are all hypocrite) . Security, good infrastructures

you will feel it more if you grow up in Nigeria. You will crave home honestly.

Personally I regret Japa despite the fact that I have been almost everywhere. I wish is stayed back in Nigeria. However because I wanted a good passport for my children it is still no regret. (I am living very well mind you... very good apartment for an avarage rich person will live in...children attend of one of the most expensive schools around and I live very comfortably) but I still regret leaving Nigeria.

They won’t believe you, but it’s true. Just 3 weeks in the US, and I began missing Nigeria!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Astar007: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2023
JASONjnr:

Facebook?

Abeg, tell me how you did it..

All the white girls I chat with, they never reply my message.

Na just try ur luck bro..since 2012 I dey try my luck..even person Don come visit me from America before I jam my current woman...just continue till e clear

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Gucciboy: 11:27am On Sep 09, 2023
pansophist:

I get you. Canada is one hell of a depressive place. Something is just not right with that country.

I actually planned to migrate there before. I come visit am make I get a feel of the place before deciding, but just a week for Toronto, I changed my flight ticket and left earlier.

I see why they need people there, to come share with the depression. SO expensive, isolated, and so boring. Mehn me I cant to. But the nature is beautiful sha. Canada can easily pass as the most beautiful nature on earth. Too fine.

Abeg which country you dey now?🙏🙏
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by ednut1(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2023
Oya take small

9 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Astar007: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2023
grin

4 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Procashtips(m): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

The Right Question finally asked here.
grin grin grin grin grin
Anyway, some humans derive so much joy in traveling, and that includes me. Not just trips but long distance and interesting trips.

I love to travel too not for greener pasture but for memories.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by JohnnA1: 11:34am On Sep 09, 2023
Procashtips:
What kind of life are you living that location determines your happiness?
cool
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Astar007: 11:34am On Sep 09, 2023
Chetas81:
YOUR OWN TYPE OF CITIZEN LACK OF RIGHT CONTRIBUTION,TO DEVELOPED YOUR MOTHERLAND, NOW YOU SAID YOU DESPERATE TO RUN AWAY FROM YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, BLACK AFRICANS MENTALITY NOT EQUIPPED WITH MODERNIZATION, THAT IS WHY, THEY CANNOT DEVELOPED THEIR COUNTRY, BUT PREFER TO BE SLAVE SOMEWHERE AROUND THE GLOBE 🌍

Oya help us develop am

2 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by sulaak(m): 11:35am On Sep 09, 2023
Western Europe is not what you think it is. Many Nigerians are depressed and suffering from mental illness, including my accountant brother. The White people will offer you nothing, and you will not have a family structure to depend on.

We need to stop this culture of running from our problems and learn to face them head-on. We are responsible for Nigeria's failure.

9 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Letlovelead213: 11:36am On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

Facebook
brother is it Facebook book or what please tell me or quote me in another group make you no cast the format pls help a brother who wants to japa as well
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Astar007: 11:38am On Sep 09, 2023
Letlovelead213:
brother is it Facebook book or what please tell me or quote me in another group make you no cast the format pls help a brother who wants to japa as well

It's not working for you doesn't mean I'm not telling you the truth...It's Facebook....I've made a fortune from Facebook...Life na luck bro...just continue

3 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Chetas81(m): 11:41am On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

Oya help us develop am
oya wait for me if you don't have the idea
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by eleniyan2020: 11:41am On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

Ur time go come, na so I been dey feel before too, naija really make me hopeless but now I dey Sweden legally
hwf,shey na only student visa person go fit use enter...hope say job dey?
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Edusouls(m): 11:43am On Sep 09, 2023
Nbv1:
And who told you people are not depressed abroad. Lots of people here in canada are battling depression. A lot can happen where you are, either their is no much commitment from your end or your time hasn’t just come yet.

I wish I was happier than I thought here in canada , you won’t understand until you come in here.
don’t mind kids, gen z generation that think life is honey, honey, honey

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by ThePundit14(m): 11:43am On Sep 09, 2023
Please what's the cause of depression there? Is it the Landmark of the country(too big), are there no Nigeria communities? Pls can you break down a little. Some of are curious to know. Thanks

Nbv1:

Thank God you came visiting and experienced it, if We advice some people they will ask why we haven’t come home yet. They won’t listen. This is why those who truly live here don’t advice people anymore . Only liars who haven’t step their foot abroad will go on saying they have several people doing well so well

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Astar007: 11:44am On Sep 09, 2023
Chetas81:
oya wait for me if you don't have the idea

Oga go sit down, even eastern Europeans dey japa come where I dey to seek greener pastures u dey bash Nigerians...Southamericans dey japa come here u dey yarn rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Chetas81(m): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

Oga go sit down, even eastern Europeans dey japa come where I dey to seek greener pastures u dey bash Nigerians...Southamericans dey japa come here u dey yarn rubbish
because you cannot reason beyond your nose 👃, you believe that someone must develop their motherland for the slave like you,the question you should ask yourself is that what makes you lack contribution here in Nigeria, and you think you have any tangible contribution in the city of your dream, oniranu

3 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Astar007: 11:50am On Sep 09, 2023
Chetas81:
because you cannot reason beyond your nose 👃, you believe that someone must develop their motherland for the slave like you,the question you should ask yourself is that what makes you lack contribution here in Nigeria, and you think you have any tangible contribution in the city of your dream, oniranu

Bad energy stay far away

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by WayoProphet: 11:51am On Sep 09, 2023
Your time will come bro. I was once in your shoes. I will drop some photos to Ginger you. Like some people said earlier, Canada is boring. I traveled from the US to Canada to visit my uncle. Mehn, I tire after 2 days. Went on tinder to catch some babes to keep me company, I was disappointed. Canadian girls are also boring. I got few matches on tinder, we started chatting. First thing they ask is "do you have a car" I was like what da phuck. I later realized that having a car in Canada is one of the requirements for dating. But I later catch one Israeli girl that was visiting Canada. She was sweet. I later catch one Gambian girl, that one wan die for my head as they no dey use eyes see fine well built Naija guy that smells good.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Yankee101: 11:51am On Sep 09, 2023
And you think there’s no depression abroad?

Solve the vacuum within you

Find Jesus. Then Japa or not you shouldn’t face depression

13 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Gucciboy: 11:54am On Sep 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

Tech is the way. The hard aspect of it - fullstack or backend. But you have to be very good at it - top 5%. That is the area Africans, or specifically young Nigerians, can use to convince employers in any part of the world to employ them. It is country-neutral compared to medicine or law. You don't need country-specific training to hit the ground running. However, in the long run, the lack of degree would affect you, even at the nascent stage of being employed by foreign firms. The scrutiny applied to folks with no degree supersedes those with bachelor's degrees, even after accounting for years of experience and their quality. For instance, the immigration authority in Japan would not grant working visa authorisation to a firm to employ someone a foreigner without a bachelor degree or the equivalent of ten years cognate working experience (this has to be proven in recommendation letters by previous employers, salaries, taxes paid etc).

In summary, get that degree in a relevant field, and be good at what you do.

How's life treating you at Japan bro🙏🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by eleniyan2020: 11:56am On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

No dat na old American matter, my wife na 32, dem dey Facebook if u dey look for
which page person fit bomb them..
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Ray07(m): 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
Astar007:

It's not working for you doesn't mean I'm not telling you the truth...It's Facebook....I've made a fortune from Facebook...Life na luck bro...just continue
Now I remember your Sweden story . . . Can't find the thread grin
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by MrsTwrite(f): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
Me too cry
Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by phemmyfour: 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
Ge0grapher:
Mehnn guys, I know it's probably only me that feels this way.. I don't consider myself a happy person, I wan commot this country like mad!!
Do you know in the mid night I go on TikTok scrolling through of videos of Nigerians way dey japa (TikTokers in the house would know what I am talking about, when they hear that sound SIKEEE!! Japa japa)

I used to love reading through nairaland Japa threads also but nowadays una way dey commot no dey post am for here again (not cool undecided ).. e get one kan joy way e dey give seeing those pictures of y'all in the plane with your food and sweaters, airports, plane wings, air hostesses, the landing view.. the background.. I don't know if it's weird but I totally love it.

But unfortunately I am coming to terms with reality that I might be stuck in this hell for a long time, cos I no get the facilities to commot at all. In the mean time, Abeg una way dey ball out, try to dey create threads with pictures, make we dey here dey do vivid imagination..
The God way help una go help me too 🙌😀
Japa!!
Those japa pictures can be deceptive, some of them are still struggling. It takes an average japarians at least 2yrs to settle down. Especially those on study visa

2 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Chucks13: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nbv1:
And who told you people are not depressed abroad. Lots of people here in canada are battling depression. A lot can happen where you are, either their is no much commitment from your end or your time hasn’t just come yet.

I wish I was happier than I thought here in canada , you won’t understand until you come in here.

Oh bro you for nor tell dem. Dem no go listen to you infact dey will insult you. I stopped advising dem long ago, pls all of you should Japa una hear? Shey na depression dey waya you baa? Na depression pro-max go play Ludo for your brain after your japa.

I met one recently in Koln Germany sleeping on train station chairs I noticed he is a Nigeria and I moved closer to have a word with him in a short story he is willing to go back to same Nigeria he ran away from.

Bro no advisee them again. I read one saying I'm going from so and so to connecticut next week and I will upload pictures I just dey laugh.

7 Likes

Re: Only JAPA Can Cure My Depression by Love800(m): 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
Ok.
Tank u
Astar007:

U will attend one in Sweden.. u can also be using duolingo app for now to learn the basics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Spend 4 Days & 3 Nights On The Obudu Mountains / Rare Images Of RRS Team Fixing A Broken Down Truck At Ojota - Photos / Nnamdi Ezechi Survives Accident As Mopol Attached To Him Dies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.