Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,463 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory (52008 Views)

Peter Obi valid member Of Labour Party As At Time Of Nomination, Tribunal rules / Major Reason Why 25% Of The Abuja Votes Is Compulsory. / Edo 2020 Governorship: Tribunal Rules Against Governor Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Zionmdde: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2023
bluecircle470:

Keep wailing
Nah am actually enjoying myself
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Zionmdde: 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Be reasonable... It's not about being a batist
Ok but for now I am standing on jagaban mandate. It is favoring me and my family
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by IfnobeGod20: 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2023
seunmsg:

Section 299 - “The provision of this constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the States of the Federation…”

How you guys convinced yourselves that this section applies only to the administration of the FCT is both amusing and disingenuous. The section applies to everything about the constitution that relates to FCT. FCT is like just any other state and will always be traded as such. It is only empty emotions devoid of logic and common sense that would make people argue that FCT residents have a special status and can therefore veto the vote of the rest of the federating states.
Mr. Man, I am not a politician and don't vote because of the virtue of my work, which doesn't allow me to vote but some time I make contributions on some salient issue. It would have been best if the judges had interpreted section 134 on point of law than emotionally says, FCT doesn't have special status. Just as I have asked you, is that the interpretation of a whole clause? I just read now, where the judge stated that statute have there way of interpretation and constitution have there own way too and I asked myself, does constitution interpretation gives room to just verbally say words to justify interpretation? I expected a more sound interpretation by the judges with sound reference and precedence but it was not so.
Besides, as you're aware that our 1999 constitution are filled with lacuna. To me that section was erroneously put there but we should not because of that and interpret it to suit our emotions. Just as I had said in past, it makes no sense that one state should be graded than another state when it comes to voting power but law must be law until it is tinkered with. The drafter put it there for a reason but it was ill conceived, which I know they never anticipated a scenario like this will come up.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by ufotunang: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
Alliswell248:

U would explain tire.....

Jagaban till 2031
..why can't Tinubu win election free and fair?
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Diligence: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
We hereby call on righteous democrats never to stoop low and allow Emilokans, Agbadorians, BaTists, & Ebolans to gloat over miscarriage of justice.

Don't ever keep mute; they are on the broad way that leads to destruction. Confront them, enlighten them, nay emancipate them; they are obviously bewitched! If anything, they should be ashamed and hid their faces forever
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Memphis357(m): 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2023
MorataFC:
SMH
My own Nigeria will be great
Continue fooling yourself.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by seunmsg(m): 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, I am not a politician and don't vote because of the virtue of my work, which doesn't allow me to vote but some time I make contributions on some salient issue. It would have been best if the judges had interpreted section 134 on point of law than emotionally says, FCT doesn't have special status. Just as I have asked you, is that the interpretation of a whole clause? I just read now, where the judge stated that statute have there way of interpretation and constitution have there own way too and I asked myself, does constitution interpretation gives room to just verbally say words to justify interpretation? I expected a more sound interpretation by the judges with sound reference and precedence but it was not so.
Besides, as you're aware that our 1999 constitution are filled with lacuna. To me that section was erroneously put there but we should not because of that and interpret it to suit our emotions. Just as I had said in past, it makes no sense that one state should be graded than another state when it comes to voting power but law must be law until it is tinkered with. The drafter put it there for a reason but it was ill conceived, which I know they never anticipated a scenario like this will come up.

You probably did not watch the full judgement. He explained everything from the point of view of the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by babzlim(m): 5:32pm On Sep 06, 2023
they've totally destroyed the future of this country... I pray they will all be around to see the damage they have inflected on this country and the educational system.

let's all brace up and enjoy the ride.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by IfnobeGod20: 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
seunmsg:

You probably did not watch the full judgement. He explained everything from the point of view of the constitution.
They just gave more reason now which align with the point of law I am talking about but just to say FCT has no special status makes no sense at all.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Mfetenang: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
IPOB goats 🐐 and all other second class citizens been put I their place.
Now go and protest make we see🤣🤣🤣
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by SyrusdeHansome(m): 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2023
Zorn:
judiciary is never an employee of the executive bro . I dont where you people are taught this type of goverment or polictics .

In working climes that respects the rule of law the judiciary is not an employee of the executive but in Nigeria, the judiciary works for the executives and are slaves to the executive, nd u knw it but political party affiliation has blinded u.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by ObidenceNeckpre: 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2023
senseless weyre , which of una sant east failed Governor's policies favor una since independent, eyi weyre migrated to flood SW to escape una region poverty and cursed, now Ipob is chopping una like fowl. shocked shocked shocked shocked pray let una eleribu sant yeast favor una first
Zionmdde:

Nah I don't cry, I am supporting Tinubu's mandate. The more the fall of naira and bad economic policies the more some people ball harder

Tinubu's policies have favored me , how far you na, has it favoured you too?
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by shinealight(m): 6:30pm On Sep 06, 2023
[quote author=Racoon post=125618631][/quote]

Do you know better than all the SANs in the tribunal? Are you even a lawyer? Na too know go kill some people oo! undecided undecided
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by occfx: 6:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
Melezenawii:
No Status Attached to FCT. It is a federal capital territory, 25percent not Necessary. - PEPT.

The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal Dismissed Petition of Peter Obi/LP on 25% of FCT required to wins Presidential election, the court rule that FCT Citizens Doesn’t enjoy special privileges ahead of other States.

The Nigerian constitution is finally declared useless!!!
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Zionmdde: 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2023
ObidenceNeckpre:
senseless weyre , which of una sant east failed Governor's policies favor una since independent, eyi weyre migrated to flood SW to escape una region poverty and cursed, now Ipob is chopping una like fowl. shocked shocked shocked shocked pray let una eleribu sant yeast favor una first
You sound pained, I thought you should be happy today but alas Sadness, frustration and bitterness all over you
Anyway am hanging out with my fellow batists catching fun and Celebrating.

As for lagos, that's the worst state in the entire South I will ever want to live in. But whichever way when I still come to Lagos your fellow stinking agberos cannot step into the places I step into. So what does that tell you, if you are useless u won't have any levels even in ur own so called "our state"

Now go and hang yourself while I keep Celebrating Tinubu's victory
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Zorn: 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

In working climes that respects the rule of law the judiciary is not an employee of the executive but in Nigeria, the judiciary works for the executives and are slaves to the executive, nd u knw it but political party affiliation has blinded u.
I'm blinded by party affilliation because i said things the way it is? This is not about party, i'm saying it the way it is constitutionally . Judiciary is not a slave to the executive, corrupt judge is the slave and that is what we have today.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by creativehubb: 7:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
LesbianBoy:
When I heard this I just laughed

Nigeria will never be great!

Only a fool will come out and vote again with the way the judge dismiss LP case especially this 25%.
Nigeria is great, some Nigerians are great, I am great.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
Zorn:
I'm blinded by party affilliation because i said things the way it is? This is not about party, i'm saying it the way it is constitutionally . Judiciary is not a slave to the executive, corrupt judge is the slave and that is what we have today.

The executive arm have completely bought our justice system so no matter how u see it the two other arms of government are slaves to the executive arm. I'm not in anywhere saying lp or pdp won the election but that is the truth abt our judiciary.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Fearyourcreator: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2023
Zionmdde:

Ok but for now I am standing on jagaban mandate. It is favoring me and my family
Your wahala ooo
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Fearyourcreator: 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2023
Zionmdde:

Ahhhh ahhh
Oga I am now a batist rest!!!!
On Tinubu's mandate I stand
Werey
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Grandmisty: 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

You read the letter of the law and not the spirit. It will be highly stupid to make FCT special status and one has to score above 25% there. It’s not done anywhere.

I have been telling obident that will be DOA.

Also all their other evidence just be like beer parlor gist and not admissible.

Seems you ppl don’t understand law. All those SANs are chopping Obis money.

Obi is only mentioning it because it’s an advantage for him.

If it was not he won’t mention it.

I am also not for either because I think both are typical politicans looking for power
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by simfrost90210: 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:
The criminal has perfected plans to make it look like he has no hands in the rubbish Fashola wrote as the final judgement for today to Favour Thiéfnubu and his foolish sophisticated morons. But let me tell you something, all those who have one way or the other done or supports injustice agaiia people or person usually end badly. Those of you supporting the nonsense going on because you have the power to force anybody to do your biddings, just know that power is transient. It will be done unto you too and yours will be worse.
Is it the cartoon version of the judges shown on live tv or the stuttering speech of the lead justice as if he wasn't the one who wrote the judgement.
Just like this judgement going on, you all will face your own judgement without mercy.

This judgment weak me........ I just taya!

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by XY23: 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2023
Please. Can FCT registered voters and or indigenes of Abuja now demand to have a Governor, 3 senators and 9 HOR members now that they've been recognised as Nigeria's 37th State?. I will love to see that legal drama.

The effects of what we have seen today cannot by conceived by close-minded people like you. Without an appeal, INEC will find it difficult to conduct credible elections ever again. Governors will simply write results, and IREV can go to waste.

PS. Will INEC be able to release guidelines again when they're not as written in balck and white in the constitution? Who would believe them? What would be the basis when they can change it in the middle of the game? I just dey laff.

Grandmisty:

You read the letter of the law and not the spirit. It will be highly stupid to make FCT special status and one has to score above 25% there. It’s not done anywhere.

I have been telling obident that will be DOA.

Also all their other evidence just be like beer parlor gist and not admissible.

Seems you ppl don’t understand law. All those SANs are chopping Obis money.

Obi is only mentioning it because it’s an advantage for him.

If it was not he won’t mention it.

I am also not for either because I think both are typical politicans looking for power
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by fareed69(m): 4:30am On Sep 07, 2023
LesbianBoy:
When I heard this I just laughed

Nigeria will never be great!

Only a fool will come out and vote again with the way the judge dismiss LP case especially this 25%.

E dey pain, sorry O 😞😞
I shall never Labour in Vain

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by ReturnMan: 6:08am On Sep 07, 2023
MorataFC:
SMH
My own Nigeria will be great

You know it's a lie
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by ReturnMan: 6:10am On Sep 07, 2023
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Iamanoited: 7:32am On Sep 07, 2023
MAHMOOD AND THE FIVE JUDGES AT THE TRIBUNAL ARE EXCELLENT.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by yemmywesey(m): 11:13am On Sep 07, 2023
Peter obi and his olodo jeku jeku lawyers, especially that nollywood arusiyi actor turned half baked lawyer overnight, he kept emphasizing the 25% in FCT. Once you have the 2/3 of any election you are qualified to be declared a winner.
Peter obi need to go back to his tomato trading business and leave politics for people wey sabi. The anabra state he claimed he turned to El dorado, he can even sleep there for a month , nah ikoyi lagos state him dey sleep.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Okorocha Considers Backing Ohakim After Dumping His Son-in-law / Unclad APC Supporters Sparks Anger(pics) / Photos Of Diepreye Alamieyesia's Corpse And Casket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.