Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory (51939 Views)

Peter Obi valid member Of Labour Party As At Time Of Nomination, Tribunal rules / Major Reason Why 25% Of The Abuja Votes Is Compulsory. / Edo 2020 Governorship: Tribunal Rules Against Governor Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Igbokwechika101(m): 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
I have already know that nothing good is going to come out.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by justtoodark: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2023
it wouldnt even make sense sef....

you win in all other places,but you didnt win fct you automaticaly loose....
would that make sense to any igbo....

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Zionmdde: 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Oga if e easy enter go contest ... Things wey go still come ... Many of you go calm down...
Ahhhh ahhh
Oga I am now a batist rest!!!!
On Tinubu's mandate I stand
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by IfnobeGod20: 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2023
FCT doesn't enjoy special status cannot be an interpretation on the clause of the law. They are expected to interpret what the content of the law says and not play emotional interpretation. Thankfully the supreme court is still there, I will advise PDP and LP supporters to maintain decorum and be peaceful and never take law into their own hand. They should be in high spirit because Appeal Court is not the end, all gray areas will be looked into at the supreme court.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by justtoodark: 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2023
Igbokwechika101:
I have already know that nothing good is going to come out.

bros....
does this 25% fct make sense to you....??

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by sumomoh101: 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2023
The constitution in section 299 states that:
The provisions of this constitution SHALL APPLY to the federal capital territory as if it were one of the states of the federation....

The drafters of the constitution only stress what the rule of law is all about which is EQUALITY BEFORE THE LAW. All Nigerians are equal and treated in the similar way by the constitution.

[quote author=Racoon post=125618631][/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Global2000: 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
I there by declare the tribunal void. Nigeria judicial system incompetent. The 2023 presidential election is unacceptable. And can never be taken by well meaning Nigerians. That's it.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Fearyourcreator: 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2023
Zionmdde:

Ahhhh ahhh
Oga I am now a batist rest!!!!
On Tinubu's mandate I stand
Be reasonable... It's not about being a batist

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by seunmsg(m): 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2023
I live in Abuja and I know I don’t have 2 heads. How educated people convinced themselves that people who live in Abuja have an electoral value above Nigerians living in other parts of the federation is still a mystery to me. Delusion should normally not trump logic and common sense.

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by BENEAMATA: 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2023
My people , what's going on here oh ? ! All these tribunal verdict landing with the force of of which only iroko tree and timber can produce .
25% = o lu'le pi !
Drug case = o lu'le pi
Even a whole FCT Abuja that boast of zuma rock ! = o lu'le pi , o shatter !

We tried to warn them , AKANBI no be their fathers' mate , both living and immortalized . That similarity in Qater's 2022 world cup logo and tinubu's infinity logo should have given those born to hate tinubu mob a clue the moment he said " emi lokan " , but no , they'd rather choose an ekuke to race a thoroughbred .

The election was rigged ? Again , Like Tinubu like MESSI ! Just like Odeysseus , Akanbi has zoomed well past where they said he will never reach . Great is great , never under-rate greatness .

You all should enjoy your "LU'LEpop'" alone plenty .more to go round .

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by seunmsg(m): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2023
IfnobeGod20:
FCT doesn't enjoy special status cannot be an interpretation on the clause of the law. They are expected to interpret what the content of the law says and not play emotional interpretation. Thankfully the supreme court is still there, I will advise PDP and LP supporters to maintain decorum and be peaceful and never take law into their own hand. They should be in high spirit because Appeal Court is not the end, all gray areas will be looked into at the supreme court.

Section 299 stated clearly that FCT should be treated like a state for all constitutional matter but you guys simply prefer to see only what you want to see.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Mkairbag: 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2023
where is Aisha Yusuf & CO?

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by IfnobeGod20: 4:07pm On Sep 06, 2023
seunmsg:

Section 299 stated clearly that FCT should be treated like a state for all constitutional matter but you guys simply prefer to see only what you want to see.
That is in administration my brother go and read the heading of that section. The judge didn't even make reference to your quoted section but only said FCT doesn't enjoy special status. Please in your own educational mind, should that be the answer to the interpretation of law. If the judges had explicitly interpreted the section and then go further to quote the one you quoted here that would have made more meaning than just saying FCT doesn't enjoy special status. It makes no sense to any discerning mind that want truth to be upheld. He only interpreted it based on his emotional mind and not on the point of law. I listened to Rtd Justice Robert Clark one day how he interpreted that section, it makes more meaning than what the tribunal gave as an answer to simple interpretation of Clause.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Ceemanny(m): 4:07pm On Sep 06, 2023
Obi is an opportunist, riding on gullible youths but we now know and the difference is clear. You can’t lie your way to aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by BENEAMATA: 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
Mkairbag:
where is Aisha Yusuf & CO?
#bringourAishaEzekwesiliback .
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Harmless1b(m): 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
So whats the difference between MUST and COMPULSERY?
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by CORRECTMAN78(m): 4:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
The democracy we practice in Nigeria is worst than what a military coup can produce!

Tuehhh
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by StarGra: 4:12pm On Sep 06, 2023
That means Wike is no longer a Minister...
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by bluecircle470: 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2023
Zionmdde:
Hmm
APC spokesman reading out written defense is what you guys call election tribunal judgement?
The person that tells you to go to court has his brother as the judge

Let us all stop complaining, Nigeria has Oti lo. Relax and enjoy the nice ride jagaban is about to give us. Let's support everything he does.

But as for today, tinubu will be confirmed president while judges smile to bank to enjoy their billions

Keep wailing

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by ufuosman(m): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2023
Not surprise
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Espelbengz(m): 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

[quote author=Racoon post=125618631][/quote]
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by jahsharon: 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2023
Zionmdde:
Hmm
APC spokesman reading out written defense is what you guys call election tribunal judgement?
The person that tells you to go to court has his brother as the judge

Let us all stop complaining, Nigeria has Oti lo. Relax and enjoy the nice ride jagaban is about to give us. Let's support everything he does.

But as for today, tinubu will be confirmed president while judges smile to bank to enjoy their billions

Please tell Labourers Party spokesman to read out his own

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
Alliswell248:

Ok Sir.....

Nigeria would be great..... Jagaban is the anointed one to do it.

Let's support him...
I don't support criminals and murderers. I don't want to incur the anger of God upon me.
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by seunmsg(m): 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

That is in administration my brother go and read the heading of that section. The judge didn't even make reference to your quoted section but only said FCT doesn't enjoy special status. Please in your own educational mind, should that be the answer to the interpretation of law. If the judges had explicitly interpreted the section and then go further to quote the one you quoted here that would have made more meaning than just saying FCT doesn't enjoy special status. It makes no sense to any discerning mind that want truth to be upheld.

Section 299 - “The provision of this constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the States of the Federation…”

How you guys convinced yourselves that this section applies only to the administration of the FCT is both amusing and disingenuous. The section applies to everything about the constitution that relates to FCT. FCT is like just any other state and will always be traded as such. It is only empty emotions devoid of logic and common sense that would make people argue that FCT residents have a special status and can therefore veto the vote of the rest of the federating states.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by VEHINTOLAR: 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
25% my foot ! We can as well be conducting presidential elections in Abuja only then ! Are the Abuja residents paying 25% more on tax or what exactly makes them more Nigerians than those in Ijebu Ode or Yelwa Yauri ? And one Mumu thinks he can use this abracadabra to get to Aso Rock,that stupidity level is amazing !

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Mccullum: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
LesbianBoy:
When I heard this I just laughed

Nigeria will never be great!

Only a fool will come out and vote again with the way the judge dismiss LP case especially this 25%.

Nigeria will be great, curse your self for being deluded by emotions. grin

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by Putinofrussia: 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
[quote author=Racoon post=125618631][/quote]A good,sensible and sane precedence.
It would have been disastrous if they have ruled otherwise.
It will mean that all the other states and the people in them are inferior to FCT and the people living there.
Abuja people would be superhumans with enormous voting power.
Abuja will become the main battle ground whe.e the politicians will do anything to win.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by IgOga(m): 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
grin

Na only obi.diots believe you can win 36 states and because you didn't get 26% FCT you have not won an election. Common sense nor too common for those folks
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by famology(m): 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2023
This is just common sense but obidient will be arguing nonsense. Una go enter house now abi?
Re: Tribunal Rules That Winning 25% Of Abuja Votes Isn't Compulsory by 8stargeneral: 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
ObidenceNeckpre:
grin grin grin grin grin grin crying he diotic ipob miscreant
fool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN / Photos Of Dino Melaye In Court As Accused Persons Deny Allegations Against Him. / How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.