Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? (72143 Views)

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
This is what New York look like in the 1870s

And it's pretty sad that most Nigeria street don't look as organized as this even after 153 years apart!
organization and orderliness is our major problem. Our leaders don't like Nigeria because they go abroad and see the way things are done. We have bitumen to do it oooo. It looks as if Africa is cursed.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by eleniyan2020: 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
Highlife217:

This is the correct answer. Idiots would rather support a crooked politician that is of their tribe, then vote for a skilled politician of another, then wonder why they live in a shythole.
who is a skilled politician among them!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by eleniyan2020: 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:

I don't think that state has produced a president in this Democratic dispensation
they won't!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
Correction, your way of life, not my way cheesy cheesy

I encourage young Children to learn how the streets of other countries are beautiful and organized.
LeyeWrites:
You prefer cities like NY where depression is high? Because people can't interact on daily basis. Get comedic drama here and there from passersby, because nobody minds their business?

We're Africans. And this is our way of life.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by seborrhic: 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2023
Christistruth03:

Nigerians really need to develop their own indigenous Road building Technology

There was road building and Paving Technology in Ile Ife during the days of Luwo the Only female Ooni in the 15th Century because we were told she made them pave Ile Ife from top to bottom but the Technology seems to have been abandoned along the line

Traditional Rulers should be able to organize the locals to build roads even if it is only broken Rocks and Gravel that they use

Some Communities have waited for over 50 years for the Government to pave their roads and they are still waiting
Technology my foot.
If you think the Blackman had any technology donkey years ago,then that's bull shit.
This is a people that even uptill this 2023 believe everything has a supernatural cause.
You die,it's spiritual,you kick a stone,it's not ordinary,an owl flies near your house at night,oh God,this must be your village enemies envious of you because you bought new clothes!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
It's so sad that over 10 trillion dollars has been stolen since the inception of Nigeria

That huge amount could transform any serious country from the worst to the best in just a decade, Are we really cursed as a people? I've been to other Africa streets too, They also suffer from the same bullsh*t, What is wrong with us as a race?

Someone said if Nigerians Moved to America and Americans move to Nigeria, In just 5 years America will be messed up and Nigeria will become a thriving nation

Are we cursed?
Exactly bro, our problem is tied to the way we think bro. As a man thinketh so is he.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
cheesy cheesy
seborrhic:

Technology my foot.
If you think the Blackman had any technology donkey years ago,then that's bull shit.
This is a people that even uptill this 2023 believe everything has a supernatural cause.
You die,it's spiritual,you kick a stone,it's not ordinary,an owl flies near your house at night,oh God,this must be your village enemies envious of you because you bought new clothes!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2023
Christistruth03:

Nigerians really need to develop their own indigenous Road building Technology

There was road building and Paving Technology in Ile Ife during the days of Luwo the Only female Ooni in the 15th Century because we were told she made them pave Ile Ife from top to bottom but the Technology seems to have been abandoned along the line

Traditional Rulers should be able to organize the locals to build roads even if it is only broken Rocks and Gravel that they use

Some Communities have waited for over 50 years for the Government to pave their roads and they are still waiting
Exactly a cost effective way of building a lasting road network. The Julius Berger of this world would only collect money and do a shady job. I think Dangote road construction is far better.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Love800(m): 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2023
Pls which are the carribean countries?
Which continent are they located too.
1Sharon:

Only the tourist areas in some Caribbean countries are neat.

In Jamaica, they advise tourists never to leave the hotel resorts. African countries are alot safer than Caribbean ones.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Cmeo(m): 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2023
To give you clue of those responsible for the development of those called developed country, it was majorly done by private sectors but with government permission and direction called regulations while does refered to as not well planned or underdeveloped is orchestrated by individual efforts without government permission or regulations.

The question is how many Nigerians would not groan under strict government regulation or how many of us will seek government permission to carry out what required government permission?
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Mayhem1: 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
What is hard in achieving this simple street view??

Even the most overhyped and overpriced places in Abuja/Lagos/Portharcourt/Kano don't look anywhere close to this!!
Alabama fine oh
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Sofistcatdmoron: 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
It's so sad that over 10 trillion dollars has been stolen since the inception of Nigeria

That huge amount could transform any serious country from the worst to the best in just a decade, Are we really cursed as a people? I've been to other Africa streets too, They also suffer from the same bullsh*t, What is wrong with us as a race?

Someone said if Nigerians Moved to America and Americans move to Nigeria, In just 5 years America will be messed up and Nigeria will become a thriving nation

Are we cursed?
Av u been to south be Africa, they have better street view
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by magzey: 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
Who street epp? Provided we go sell our market grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:

Are we cursed?

Five Years is too much.

Just give them One Year.

They have Adapted to the Bastardized Filthy Abysmal Ways Of Living.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by 7arrows: 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
I've been to 15 states in Nigeria my whole life, and one thing I always notice is, Untarred roads, Lack of drainage system, Lack of proper planning e.t.c

Which always make me curious, Why does everywhere in Nigeria look like it got hit by a nuclear bomb? Why? Why don't we have modern streets and cities!!

Since the inception of Nigeria, I Don't think we have built any city, And please don't even mention Banana island, It's a piece of crap!!

It's sad that only about 3% of Nigeria is actually developed and the other 97% is just straight up piece of trash!!

No comment !!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Onewazobia(m): 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
SmartPolician:

This is soooo brutal! grin

The truth is that everyone doesn't have the same mental capacity; I found out in the university. In school, some of us read to learn.

However, I was shocked when I met a course mate who could cram the text of an entire page of a textbook and reproduce it without looking at the page word for word. I am not kidding. God knows that I cannot do that. He graduated with 4.23. He nearly made a first class.

Meeting that guy exposed me to the fact that there are things one can never be, no matter how much one tries. Humans are not the same. Humans don't have the same mental capacity. Genetic makeups differentiate races. For Black Africans to come close to Caucasians in mental capacity, we have to invest massively in education.

Thumb 👍 for you guys
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
SmartPolician:

Black Africans have low IQ. We can choose to deny that, but facts are facts. The Black Africans lack innovation. That explains why Nigeria hasn't made appreciable progress since 60 years after independence.
no I beg to differ, what we lack is emotional intelligence to feel the pains of each other. That's why you would see an average African leaders loot without conscience and still invest the money in a foreign land. Our leaders lack empathy for their impoverished citizenry.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by ufotunang: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
It's due to lack of local government autonomy...our local government are not active...the state governors do not want to give local government autonomy...the state government operate joint account with local government...the state government diverts local government money to their own private accounts...so no money for the local government to use to develop the LGA areas, villages, communities because the state governors starve our local government of funds sent directly from the federal government and
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by beyondPen(m): 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:

Another thing Is we feel inferior to other races, That's why we like everything that is foreign we call it being "POSH" and call our own "LOCAL"

No successful race think like this! It's sad!

Then you know it starts with our own religion been polished and promoted to give us that moral and that thinking to patronize our own stuffs and build from our own crafts
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Prenonjebose: 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
Poverty, corruption, nepotism, religious eccentricism and weak institutions are some of the causes of under development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Love800(m): 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
Mehn, u gat really good reasoning. I cant help but just admire ur words.
U one of the many here in nigeria with brain.
yemmit90:

What is not feasible there? Of course there will be single houses with beautiful compounds for those who can afford it. It would be tagged luxury and quite expensive that only about 10% of entire population will be able to afford it, and you must not have more than one of it.

Besides, what is the needs for proper city planning when it cannot be enforced? Even if it is, will you also compel individuals who cannot afford to build good houses on their land to do so? The reality is that, you can't have good cities with individuals erecting structures here and there, absolutely impossible.

Advantages of this policy;

1. Beautiful and well planned cities and structures.

2. Average income earners can easily afford owning their apartments/houses through flexible Mortgage system.

3. Corruption would be automatically reduced, this is because majority of looters spent their money on properties.

4. This will also accelerate or promote egalitarianism

5. The policy with forbid single individual from real estate business. If you want to do real estate business, buy share from companies mandated by law to do so.

6. It will be very easy for government to identify extremely low income people or unemployed who cannot afford to own houses/apartments. The real estate companies involved would have special buildings to let out to them at a subsidise rate from government.

7. Availability of good houses to buy or let out at affordable price withiout the issue of wicked Landlords or dubious properties agents.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by ufotunang: 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
It's bad goverance...the federal government and state government do not care about the well being of the people...they do not care how nigerians are living...the government just care about themselves and their families and just loot money to enrich themselves
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Raydos: 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sofistcatdmoron:

Av u been to south be Africa, they have better street view

Better streets built by the whites??, Since blacks took over power, the infrastructure is now dilapidated, Johannesburg is one of the most dangerous cities in the world!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by simfrost90210: 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:

Are we cursed?

That's a question for a higher power!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
Blacks have low IQ, its a fact, how are we bringing up our children.
Raydos:

Better streets built by the whites??, Since blacks took over power, the infrastructure is now dilapidated, Johannesburg is one of the most dangerous cities in the world!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by martjay(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
I've been to 15 states in Nigeria my whole life, and one thing I always notice is, Untarred roads, Lack of drainage system, Lack of proper planning e.t.c

Which always make me curious, Why does everywhere in Nigeria look like it got hit by a nuclear bomb? Why? Why don't we have modern streets and cities!!

Since the inception of Nigeria, I Don't think we have built any city, And please don't even mention Banana island, It's a piece of crap!!

It's sad that only about 3% of Nigeria is actually developed and the other 97% is just straight up piece of trash!!

Who are those entrusted to make changes in a society? Politicians (Government), what are the calibers of people voted to carry out these assignments? Unpatriotic, wicked, greedy, unserious and selfish sets of people. How can they make changes as they are benefitting from the rot. To build a modern city, the first step is town planning, any structure to be erected must follow guidelines of that city through master plan. How many of our cities are planned? Houses are haphazardly built, without specifications. It's really disturbing that the so called leaders traveled or schooled in these modernized countries, still, no impact. Thought I'm the only one that worries about our unproductive leaders, making Africa to be in squandry
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by cindicandy(f): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
Owerri is an eyesore, slum and a glorified village. This is the worst state capital in southern Nigeria . Owerri has very bad and dilapidated infrastructures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbVCEUnPwGY?si=ms18rb5owpA6Dlbu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9sOLwy61AQ?si=uNze8_w9z0-HF831

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by GYBABA(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
Ask Your grand parents

Alaye shut up. This is a question we really need to ask ourselves. We're not holding our leaders accountable enough. Even the few ready to do so aren't supported & if majority doesn't support something here, it's off. Instead of you to reason well, you're spewing this thrash.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Angelfrost(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
I'm starting to believe recently that we actually do have a low IQ!

We need a IQ test, Anyone whose IQ is below 100 should not be allowed close to governance!!

We can't be living like this in this modern day

Maybe we should start by not allowing anyone without a well-earned tertiary education to vote in elections...!

That would be a great start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Dshocker(m): 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
Ladyclara002:
If you ask me,na who i go ask?
We are suffering bro

U are suffering and you still voted for APC

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? / Photographer Captures Photos Of 'Never Before Seen' Yellow Penguin (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.