Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,373 members, 7,829,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? (72156 Views)

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Backpedal: 11:19am On Sep 07, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Made up undecided

It's not ooo

I had a former madam who used to think same

I kid you not, as ridiculous as it sounds
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Quebec91(m): 11:20am On Sep 07, 2023
Confirm
Kingosytex:
The streets are like that because the residents want it to be like that cheesy
Just take for instance, here on Nairaland some fools are paid a token to spew all sorts of lie and defend the indefensible, there are so many brain dead people around who are comfortable with maintaining the status quo.
I gave an example with Qatar some time ago and some ignorant folks started spewing trash of how Qatar isn't as populated as Nigeria. Is the problem really population? These looters you all call leaders will squander the resources of Qatar in a twinkle of an eye; it's not about population.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LegacyB: 11:20am On Sep 07, 2023
Backpedal:

Facts
Dumb actually. Go back to history.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Bigchristo: 11:21am On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
This is what New York look like in the 1870s

And it's pretty sad that most Nigeria street don't look as organized as this even after 153 years apart!
Would you agree with me that large populations of Nigerians are dirty and arrogant! They don’t know what it means to keep clean and beautify the environment that they live in, imagine in some areas in Lagos they connect their toilet drain directly to gutters how do you expect the environment to smell nice? Even if government at all level decided to tie road and put infrastructure in place some citizens will destroy it because they feel it’s government’s property not theirs, this mentality need to change

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LegacyB: 11:21am On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
Why are we not building cities? Even most part of Lagos and Abuja still look like crap!!

Nigeria has the highest population of black people in the world, It's literally the home of black people!!

And it's saddening that it look like this in 24th century?
What have you done as a person in your small corner to better this?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by sterlingD(m): 11:22am On Sep 07, 2023
yemmit90:

May God bless you abundantly sir.

Our self centered and egocentric culture/tradition will never make us progress. A typical black man care not about his fellow man or society but himself alone. He is so wicked, materialistic and lack foresight. He only want to be above everyone, he only want to be worship by others, he would rather deprived his fellow men their privilege at home and takes all the fortunes to somewhere else to enjoy alone.

Like you have rightly said, civilization was probably forced on us because it amaze me how you will loot all resources meant for development of your home or your people and take it to another man's land to enjoy alone with your immediate family.
Till tomorrow and tomorrow's tomorrow what you have written bolded still dey baffle me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:
It's like that because the fools who voted Buhari and supported him for eight years, called him a failure today

Have all lined up again to support Tinubu
the very one that brought Buhari...

Talk about going round in circles..

story of the shithole...

Some people are just ridiculously stupid. They think they can support bad leaders and escape poverty. If the country is not developing they will be back to the poverty before they know it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Microwhy: 11:23am On Sep 07, 2023
Let LGA be properly empowered and we will see changes.. they're people we see and sit with everyday so we know to hold them Accountable and responsible. We know their parent and their family houses and not a governor whose family house is built in the GRA and the least member of the family, lives abroad.
The LGA allocation should be directly giving to LGAs...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LegacyB: 11:23am On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
I'm starting to believe recently that we actually do have a low IQ!

We need a IQ test, Anyone whose IQ is below 100 should not be allowed close to governance!!

We can't be living like this in this modern day
Please tell us about what exactly you have contributed to your street alone with your high IQ.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
I've been to 15 states in Nigeria my whole life, and one thing I always notice is, Untarred roads, Lack of drainage system, Lack of proper planning e.t.c

Which always make me curious, Why does everywhere in Nigeria look like it got hit by a nuclear bomb? Why? Why don't we have modern streets and cities!!

Since the inception of Nigeria, I Don't think we have built any city, And please don't even mention Banana island, It's a piece of crap!!

It's sad that only about 3% of Nigeria is actually developed and the other 97% is just straight up piece of trash!!

How can a people be so backward. We need to be having conversations like these everyday.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Goalnaldo(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2023
They are some parts of Benin that the streets are tarred with gates sef. They try.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Spectrum22: 11:24am On Sep 07, 2023
The reason is very complicated.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2023
I'm not trying to bring tribalism into this discussion because, i have so many Yoruba as friends and colleague in the office but why do average Yoruba woman doing business like to always block the road with her market or goods even when the store is empty inside. Must they always cross the drainage to sprayed their market.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LegacyB: 11:25am On Sep 07, 2023
Microwhy:
Let LGA be properly empowered and we will see changes.. they're people we see and sit with everyday so we know to hold them Accountable and responsible. We know their parent and their family houses and not a governor whose family house is built in the GRA and the least member of the family, lives abroad.
The LGA allocation should be directly giving to LGAs...
God bless you. This is the best comment so far. Not those whites wannabes who knows absolutely nothing claiming imaginary IQ.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by watersideboys: 11:25am On Sep 07, 2023
Ask Tinubu & buhari
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Dragoly(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2023
You wan plan where government have no plans for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Omolomo4eva(m): 11:26am On Sep 07, 2023
An average African is not good as leader especially when it comes to managing people and resources. In my opinion,this backwardness is spiritual. There's the God factor in all these

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Abagworo(m): 11:26am On Sep 07, 2023
Owerri looks different though. Kudos to Okorocha for demolishing road side shops, expanding roads and stopping Rickshaws from plying within the city .
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Donesuccess(m): 11:26am On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
I've been to 15 states in Nigeria my whole life, and one thing I always notice is, Untarred roads, Lack of drainage system, Lack of proper planning e.t.c

Which always make me curious, Why does everywhere in Nigeria look like it got hit by a nuclear bomb? Why? Why don't we have modern streets and cities!!

Since the inception of Nigeria, I Don't think we have built any city, And please don't even mention Banana island, It's a piece of crap!!

It's sad that only about 3% of Nigeria is actually developed and the other 97% is just straight up piece of trash!!

IT IS NOT ABOUT NIGERIA, IT IS MORE ABOUT BLACK RACE! GO TO ANY BLACK DOMINATED PLACES IN AUSTRALIA, AMERICAS, ASIA AND EUROPE, YOU WILL THINK YOU ARE IN AFRICA; VERY BACKWARDS!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Ntwrk: 11:26am On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
Why are we not building cities? Even most part of Lagos and Abuja still look like crap!!

Nigeria has the highest population of black people in the world, It's literally the home of black people!!

And it's saddening that it look like this in 24th century?
You are just seeking attention, you want Nigeria, an African to turn into a 1st world country by your wish? Even majority of American states are under developed forests. So what exactly are you pointing at? Being the largest African country? Doesn’t that point to more struggle for survival? Or you want Nigeria to live up to the social media hype over night.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 07, 2023
oweniwe:

Bro go price interlocking stones first.

The price they will give you will make you run away

Nigeria cannot innovate and produce cheaper interlocking stones? This is part of the lazy thinking overdependence on oil and politics money causes. Development will never happen if this continues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LegacyB: 11:27am On Sep 07, 2023
Raydos:
This is what New York look like in the 1870s

And it's pretty sad that most Nigeria street don't look as organized as this even after 153 years apart!
Can we know the exact area in Newyork ure comparing the Nigerian streets pics to.?
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Charly68: 11:27am On Sep 07, 2023
It is the Representatives and the senators that are cornering constituency project money .. This is the fund meant for street and roads development ..Very soon the masses shall descend upon them

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LegacyB: 11:28am On Sep 07, 2023
Reinaldo:

Nigeria cannot innovate and produce cheaper interlocking stones? This is part of the lazy thinking overdependence on oil and politics money causes. Development will never happen if this continues

Aren’t you are Nigerian? Can we know what you have innovated?
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LegacyB: 11:29am On Sep 07, 2023
Donesuccess:

IT IS NOT ABOUT NIGERIA, IT IS MORE ABOUT BLACK RACE! GO TO ANY BLACK DOMINATED PLACES IN AUSTRALIA, AMERICAS, ASIA AND EUROPE, YOU WILL THINK YOU ARE IN AFRICA; VERY BACKWARDS!
And you believe you summation is correct? You must be unfair to history.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 07, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

I get what you're saying, but the issue is a bit more nuanced than you put it! There's a lot to consider like slavery, colonialism, neo-colonialism, and the psychological damage that comes along with all this! But black Africans haven't helped themselves.....as we see being played out presently in Nigeria!

There is serious psychological damage because how can anyone explain how some people are supporting failed leaders

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Moniya4Real(m): 11:30am On Sep 07, 2023
It’s one of the hallmarks of underdevelopment. Majority of the populace are in the informal sector hence, most of the streets will look this way. It is also worthy of note that majority of countries with large economies, but underdeveloped eg, Nigeria will look like this whilst the opposite will be the case in countries that have small economies but developed e.g Sweden
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 07, 2023
They will now build one useless road or airport and call it development 🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LegacyB: 11:30am On Sep 07, 2023
Bigchristo:
Would you agree with me that large populations of Nigerians are dirty and arrogant! They don’t know what it means to keep clean and beautify the environment that they live in, imagine in some areas in Lagos they connect their toilet drain directly to gutters how do you expect the environment to smell nice? Even if government at all level decided to tie road and put infrastructure in place some citizens will destroy it because they feel it’s government’s property not theirs, this mentality need to change

Yes I agree ure arrogant and dirty. Don’t forget you said most Nigerians and I know you’re a Nigerian.
Dirty fellow!
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 07, 2023
LegacyB:

Aren’t you are Nigerian? Can we know what you have innovated?

I'm well-known for my innovations sir. That's all I can say.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by LegacyB: 11:31am On Sep 07, 2023
SeeThisLoser:

SH1T HOLE
You mean you came from this SHITE HOLE?
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? by SirLakes: 11:32am On Sep 07, 2023
Make we dey enjoy our mumuness dey go make politicians dey loot us

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? / Photographer Captures Photos Of 'Never Before Seen' Yellow Penguin (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.