Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

$460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT (32052 Views)

Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal / Why Tinubu Forfeited $460,000 In US — APC Tells Court / Lanre Razak: Tinubu Qualified To Succeed Buhari In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Sharpsharp00123: 3:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
Dafresh:

You be mumu na only Igbo man took Tinubu to court
I no b mumu

But na igbos make noise pass

1 Like

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by tit(f): 3:02pm On Sep 06, 2023
Nice one
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by livebullet(m): 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
Laggafin:
This is the height of Day light Robbery.. Where is God ooooooo grin

Wetin concern God and Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Saidfx(m): 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
Thank God I don't live my life of SM dreams...

To all ya waiting for the outcome of this tribunal judgement to favor either PO or Atiku, let me just reassure you that BAT is working and he is working excessively. Nigeria can't change overnight and I can tell you for free that it can't be what to you see in the western world for the next ten years ..I am above 40yrs of age and I wish well for my children and grand children to be. BAT will set an example and expect a 90% of what they have in Riwanda. I visited Kigali once and I spent my time to learn from the locals in their history. Nigeria is deep and dirty and BAT will do something better.

Pls don't ever compare PO to BAT. It's kindergarten reasoning

2 Likes

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Basic123: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:
Tinubu days are numbered if he doesn't repent now. He won't enjoy that seat. Karma is not going to favour him.
You have gone spiritual again.
Tinubu that have defeated you people in spiritual relm on several occasions.

Go and ask you fake pastors and their fake prophecies!
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by MT: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
inoki247:

But when the US court finally rules about his Certificate in Chicago you will want to share country with US by go getting dere Visa....

Do you know what they call "double jeopardy" in law?

You cannot try a person again on the same charge in law.

1 Like

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by swaggerjack: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
cjudy:
smiley
Drug case and yahoo is now legal and civil crime in Nigeria.

Shame on the Judiciary and those supporting it.

Thank God say una Dey Nigeria, suffer and hunger will finish una.

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by LOVEALAIGBO: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
Ayosman1:
I wondering what some of are celebrating. Is it that you are celebrating that Tinubu is your tribal man which not add any value meaning to life, what are some of you happy about here

They have a one-track-mind! State-capture is the endgame and all that matters to them....nothing else! With this state-capture, they can use it to lord over the rest of Nigeria and control its resources....like Buhari did before them and why they supported his disastrous 8 year tenure!
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Nsarug80: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
[quote author=FIRDAUS3 post=125619601]All these clear clear for Tinubu is twinkling me....

Obidient..... how market?

You still won claimed say Tinubu has bought Judiciary grin

My facetowel no dey here afor give una grin grin grin grin grin[/qu

You are celebrating a judicial pronouncement while Tinubu's victory hasn't improved your well-being in any way. Na when una go get sense?
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by IbotNugida(m): 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
Take it or leave it PBAT is Nigeria's best shot. Your only prayer should be that: the administration should favour you and your household.

1 Like

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by wman(m): 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2023
Lol
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by cjudy(m): 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2023
[quote author=swaggerjack post=125620377][/quote]

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by fitinwell: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
[quote author=chisomkachy post=125619588][/quote]

Las las Military will take over.. and our eyes go clear...
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by inoki247: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
MT:

Do you know what they call "double jeopardy" in law?

You cannot try a person again on the same charge in law.

Is anybody now stopping anybody from trying the person nobody's ever gone to court to stop you from going to court on the drug case...

In the same Law you need evidence to back your case with verifiable evidence not with explanation....

They tendered a Document from the Embassy of US till today nobody as ever counter the evidence like them too getting any verifiable documents from the US that the documents from US embassy is Fake that they also have a verifiable Documents to back it which you got from US....
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by tipsy242: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
So if I steal $460,000 now, i no be criminal but if i thief goat from my neighbour house, na criminal offence...Tribunal jokes

2 Likes

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by MT: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
cjudy:
smiley

Below are the real enemies of Nigeria. If the TV stations like, let them use stickers on their face, but let it be shown today that these are the enemies of the good people of Nigeria and Democrary.

At bolded is not legal in Nigeria but you guys relied on a case that happened in the US. And US states that it was a civil case and not a CRIMINAL case. So, you expect the court to ignore that.

Also, let us say he was convicted and sentenced, according to Nigeria constitution, after 10 years, you cannot accuse him based on that criminal conviction.

It is the position of the law and this case, according to US authorities, was a civil case.

3 Likes

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Checkwell: 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2023
First2love:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen
Acct num; Angela Ubi
G.TBank

You no well.
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by cjudy(m): 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2023
MT:

At bolded is not legal in Nigeria but you guys relied on a case that happened in the US. And US states that it was a criminal case and not a civil case. So, you expect the court to ignore that.

Also, let us say he was convicted and sentenced, according to Nigeria constitution, after 10 years, you cannot accuse him based on that criminal conviction.

It is the position of the law and this case, according to US authorities, was a civil case.

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Reelmii: 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:
Tinubu days are numbered if he doesn't repent now. He won't enjoy that seat. Karma is not going to favour him.
na the new slogan be this grin grin

2 Likes

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Menclothing: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
Election is not won on social media

3 Likes

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Dbestbrest: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
Whoever call our elected president any derogatory name must be reported to police for prosecution. This madness must stop, sane Nigerians want a better nation for themselves and their children. The majority of Nigerians voted for the man they knew will give them hope that will turn to reality, therefore, we must all respect the judgement of the majority and stop calling our president names

1 Like

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by LOVEALAIGBO: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
I no b mumu

NO!.....For reasons best known to you, it was just the 'Igbo noise' made on the issue that you noticed and which annoyed you the most! Only you knows why, but we can be sure the reason isn't too far away from bigotry, hatred and your feelings of ethnic supremacy over them! wink

What's your ethnicity and religion?
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Dafresh: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
I no b mumu

Now that you have it can you tell Tinubu to give us good governance, for the betterment of common man
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by agabusta: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
cjudy:
smiley

Below are the real enemies of Nigeria. If the TV stations like, let them use stickers on their face, but let it be shown today that these are the enemies of the good people of Nigeria and Democrary.

The case was in the US and not in Nigeria. US said their case is a civil case, are you trying to tell them they are wrong??

Kindly note that forfeiture is not conviction. Even if it was a criminal case with conviction, it happened more than 10 years ago and therefore a candidate cannot be disqualified on the basis of that as the limit of disqualification for a criminal conviction according to Nigerian electoral law is 10 years.

Sincerely, there is no legal case in that angle, just a moral one.

And LP can only milk the moral weight of that case before the election.

1 Like

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Timmi: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
[quote author=chisomkachy post=125619588][/quote]

Gbam number 4. For the LP/PDP lawyers and their SANs

"The case was a civil forfeiture case as it is a unique remedy which rests on the property being the target and not the person."

And these wig wearing nonentities that called themselves lawyers in Nigeria can't differentiate a civil case from a criminal case. Feel soory for our country and the people produced by our law school.
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Dbestbrest: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
MT:

At bolded is not legal in Nigeria but you guys relied on a case that happened in the US. And US states that it was a criminal case and not a civil case. So, you expect the court to ignore that.

if only they can use their 6th sense!!!

1 Like

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Chucks13: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
We are here Mr Tribunal pls do quick ou body dey hot we wan lay hands on ay obidients dat dare misbehave today pls do quick our body dey hot.

We don drink everything drinkable, and lost our mind ready for a showdown if obidient make any pim e go red today we are just few meters away scattering everywhere around the court and Abj Streets and corners. Time for appeal and friendship ended this morning time to go rough we are now unless obidients behaves well if not e go red.

We dey here, dem no dey telli pesin....

Tinubu go spend 8 years I mean 8 good years in power and that is final.

1 Like

Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Menclothing: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
LaSenior:
nice question

Which prison was the president jailed ?
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Sharpsharp00123: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
Dafresh:

Now that you have it can you tell Tinubu to give us good governance, for the betterment of common man
don’t worry

He’s ready for that already

Thank u bro

God bless Nigeria
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by HopeSpencer: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
Halo22:
Chai....... So these judges have just civilized drug case. Something that is punishable by death in Asia and years of imprisonment in America and Europe. Tufiakwa....... It's over for Nigeria.

You are just too daft like your akwuzu killer and beer business man
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Dafresh: 3:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
don’t worry

He’s ready for that already

Thank u bro

God bless Nigeria
Ok but how long are we going to wait for Tinubu to fulfill his promises
Re: $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT by Sharpsharp00123: 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

NO!.....For reasons best known to you, it was just the 'Igbo noise' made on the issue that you noticed and which annoyed you the most! Only you knows why, but we can be sure the reason isn't too far away from bigotry, hatred and your feelings of ethnic supremacy over them! wink

What's your ethnicity and religion?
u go explain tire

I am a Fulani Muslim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Campaign For Atiku And Peter Obi In Peckham, London (Photos) / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First / Anambra 2021: Soludo Officially Declares Interest To Contest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.