Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant (24626 Views)

My Landlord And I / List Of Estate Owned By Lagos State Government| Co-tenant / Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria| Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Karleb(m): 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2023
A man in his 30s should be able to take on two men in their 80s and 50s.

He should get a lawyer. If he's in Lagos he should involve human right.

Those men must pay dearly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by LikeAking: 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
Mustiboy:

I'm coming, lemme edit a part and upload as a GIF...

Modified:

Can't upload video on NL so I had to make a GIF

That's the Landlord's father on a face cap and Jean punching Mr X at the generator house.

That's Mr X falling to his knee upon receiving a blow to his eye. This is someone who has myopia.

Modified again:

looks like the GIF is not working. Thought NL supports GIF.

Lemme find a workaround

NL is too outdated..
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by akwesenana: 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2023
Unrelated, but 50 and 80-year-old Epas no fit beat me up tahh. Location please?
Because them get some places where them they always side elders even when them dey at fault.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by CarlosTheJackal: 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
Mustiboy:

No be my fight until such happens to another tenant or even me.

God knows I would have messed father and son up so badly. I wouldn't fold my hands and be disgraced in front of everybody.
upload the video on Twitter tag BenjaminHundeyin the Lagos PPRO, that your kungfu landlord and his son will be crying in court.

Nairaland really have immature people who can't stand for their right.

Send me the video and the tenant number let me do it for you guys. I hate intimidation

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Mustiboy(m): 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
upload the video on Twitter tag BenjaminHundeyin the Lagos PPRO, that your kungfu landlord and his son will be crying in court.

Nairaland really have immature people who can't stand for their right.

Send me the video and the tenant number let me do it for you guys. I hate intimidation

Thanks a lot, boss.

I'll appreciate that

How do I reach you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Mustiboy(m): 11:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
Which of the mods added an image to my post without moving to FP?

Rocktation, dominique, farano
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by iamtardey: 8:22am On Sep 09, 2023
Wetin concern you
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2023
Watch out, maybe it’s your turn next

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by akinmusi(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2023
Uh
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Christistruth03: 8:24am On Sep 09, 2023
Leave the house
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by ceeceeuwa: 8:30am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

I'm in dire need of advice.

We had prepaid issues in the house where I'm a tenant. There are accumulated bills on the prepaid, which the landlord has failed to sort out for months. This caused some sort of altercation between he and another tenant over the phone(Mr X).

The landlord told him to move out and refunded his remaining rent.

Now the Landlord and his father came for a meeting with the rest of us today and accused Mr X, who has already moved out last week, of taking things from the house, things such as breaker box and some minor things.

It happened to be the time when Mr X himself came to pick up one of his properties left in the house – a cupboard.

He overhead everything and tried to clarify that he didn't. Just then, the landlord's father started insulting Mr X, who didn't even retaliate or say anything.

The landlord jumped on board and said Mr X must pay for everything. He ordered a guy that came with him to lock the gate of the compound, saying Mr X is not leaving.

Mr X has myopia and is always wearing glasses. The landlord seized Mr X's clothes and threatened to beat him up, even dragging him around and tearing his clothes in the process. He literally rough-handled him like a kid.

His father also charged forward and punched Mr X in the eye, kicking and wanting to beat him even more. Mr X fell on the floor in tears. All this while, I was recording. The landlord even took up a piece of wood at some point, threatening to deal with Mr X with it.

They seized his glasses, denying him proper eyesight and even tried to seize his phone as well.

Mr X was not allowed to go out until external intervention, which came as a plea from neighbors, further massaging the landlord's ego. The Landlord and his dad literally beat Mr X up and shamed him out of the compound and the area at large, hurling insults at him and also cursing his dead father.

I really feel bad for Mr X. I've sent videos of everything that transpired to him. He doesn't know what to do and feels the landlord used his power and position to beat him when he has done no wrong.

The landlord has also boasted that he'll use his power to ensure Mr X is sacked from his place of work.

I'm also bereft of ideas on what to do. How do we press charges going forward?

This matter must not be swept under the carpet.

The landlord is in his 50s, while his father looks 80. I'm not sure of Mr X's age, but he should he in his mid – late 30s

I don't know if this is the right section for this. Mods please move to frontpage

Photo used for illustration
He should go to wazobia fm office at Victoria Island with proof of everything that transpired.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Brownemeka: 8:30am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

We had prepaid issues in the house where I'm a tenant. There are accumulated bills on the prepaid, which the landlord has failed to sort out for months. This caused some sort of altercation between he and another tenant over the phone(Mr X). With video evidence is very simple... the guy should get a lawyer, arrest and sue the landlord and press charges

Now the Landlord and his father came for a meeting with the rest of us today and accused Mr X, who has already moved out last week, of taking things from the house, things such as breaker box and some minor things.

It happened to be the time when Mr X himself came to pick up one of his properties left in the house – a cupboard.

He overhead everything and tried to clarify that he didn't. Just then, the landlord's father started insulting Mr X, who didn't even retaliate or say anything.

The landlord jumped on board and said Mr X must pay for everything. He ordered a guy that came with him to lock the gate of the compound, saying Mr X is not leaving.

Mr X has myopia and is always wearing glasses. The landlord seized Mr X's clothes and threatened to beat him up, even dragging him around and tearing his clothes in the process. He literally rough-handled him like a kid.

His father also charged forward and punched Mr X in the eye, kicking and wanting to beat him even more. Mr X fell on the floor in tears. All this while, I was recording. The landlord even took up a piece of wood at some point, threatening to deal with Mr X with it.

They seized his glasses, denying him proper eyesight and even tried to seize his phone as well.

Mr X was not allowed to go out until external intervention, which came as a plea from neighbors, further massaging the landlord's ego. The Landlord and his dad literally beat Mr X up and shamed him out of the compound and the area at large, hurling insults at him and also cursing his dead father.

I really feel bad for Mr X. I've sent videos of everything that transpired to him. He doesn't know what to do and feels the landlord used his power and position to beat him when he has done no wrong.

The landlord has also boasted that he'll use his power to ensure Mr X is sacked from his place of work.

The landlord is in his 50s, while his father looks 80. I'm not sure of Mr X's age, but he should he in his mid – late 30s

I don't know if this is the right section for this. Mods please move to frontpage

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Yankee101: 8:31am On Sep 09, 2023
Report to the police
And the DSS
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Olaolex: 8:33am On Sep 09, 2023
LikeAking:

Die matter..
Nothing go come out…
You no Dey yanke..
The truth is you guys called Mr. X to show up during the meeting ….
Na una cause trouble for Mr. X…
Which kind cupboard mr.x leave behind…
He can to date the land lord…

Make mr.x see this as a lesson….

Never follow Nigerians and their gossips…

Did you even read the story at all?
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Brownemeka: 8:33am On Sep 09, 2023
The guy should get a lawyer, arrest and sue the landlord... with the video evidence...is very simple period

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Anny69: 8:34am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, you stood there and watched while a human being was assaulted and you didn't call the cops? undecided

Please get Mr. X to come online so we can advice him to take his case to the authorities. He needs to not only report the landlord to the police but sue them so they pay his hospital bill including any other damages. undecided
grin Call the cops, lmao.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by skj1377(m): 8:35am On Sep 09, 2023
Report to police not Nairaland
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by remoc29: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2023
Sorry
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by eepeepook: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2023
Why do children on Nairaland fight landlords? Sha, na illiterate landlords. Educated ones call the police.

Find authorities who can’t be bribed and report to them. There is no advice needed when you already know what to do.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Chibuzoripob: 8:38am On Sep 09, 2023
B
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Savechild23: 8:38am On Sep 09, 2023
A very good case

Pro bono, I don’t need your money to whoop bullies a$$
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Anny69: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Una no get 911 emergency number or is it 119? undecided

OP, EMERGENCY in Nigeria is 112. undecided
Doesn't work. I saw this number imprinted on a force car and dialed it, I was told it's wasn't available or something, can't remember but it doesn't work.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by chucks185: 8:40am On Sep 09, 2023
LikeAking:

Die matter..

Nothing go come out…

You no Dey yanke..

The truth is you guys called Mr. X to show up during the meeting ….

Na una cause trouble for Mr. X…

Which kind cupboard mr.x leave behind…

He can to date the land lord…

Make mr.x see this as a lesson….

Never follow Nigerians and their gossips…

your sense of reasoning is blurred.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Mohisah: 8:40am On Sep 09, 2023
I must advice that u shldnt hv sent the video to him thru ur acc.
Maybe smth anonymous that ut won't lead bck at u, cos if case gets worse he'll mention ur name & u will be on a run from your landlord n his father.

Tell him to duplicate the video and save in his google drive mail as an evidence cause some of the force might delete the evidence because of bribes.

See a Human Right or a lawyer. You may tell him to just notify the police of the incident and then proceed a lawyer or a human right station to help him out, if he's truly right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by erico2k2(m): 8:40am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

We had prepaid issues in the house where I'm a tenant. There are accumulated bills on the prepaid, which the landlord has failed to sort out for months. This caused some sort of altercation between he and another tenant over the phone(Mr X).

$ward everything to the police with evidence, and also post the full video on line, even if the police does nothing Landlord would be shamed by the world and mayB the police might be forced to deal with landlord and his father once the video is out there,Never underxtimate the power of social media

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 09, 2023
akwesenana:
Unrelated, but 50 and 80-year-old Epas no fit beat me up tahh. Location please?
Because them get some places where them they always side elders even when them dey at fault.
Are you a thug?
They'll beat you up with your tiny body 😂

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Starboytwo(m): 8:41am On Sep 09, 2023
A man of 50 and 80 years no reach me to handle.

If it was me, I'd just punch the 80 year old man in the stomach to buy time and summarily deal with the 50 year old aside.

By the time the 80 year old is standing straight, I'd have successfully add about 8 years to his 80, tell me what an 88 year old man will do to me.

Na the neighbors go dey beg me not to kill them.

Pls always protect and defend yourself at least. A 30 year old man should be fit and be able to handle a 50 year old man na, the 88 year man should be a bonus.(2 good smack in the middle of the face with the back of your palm should suffice)

Thank God it's on record. Self defense.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by invinzible1: 8:42am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

So you were recording and other neighbours were watching.
Clap for yourself. The landlord and his son will still do such to you and any of the neighbours.
What happened to love they neighbour as you love yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Levels1(m): 8:44am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

Please which state did this event happens ?

If it is in Lagos State, kindly advise the mqn to go to police headquarter and report to the state ppro.

Let me know if it happens In Lagos, I can assist with the PPRO number.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Pootle: 8:44am On Sep 09, 2023
jus lock up that how life works sometimes, let him move on jus as you, a whole lot of injustices around the world and there's is jus one of it.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Omololupromise: 8:46am On Sep 09, 2023
Payoff their money is not easy to build house a now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Land For Sale In Lagos And Ogun States / Is This Quotation For Roofing Ok? / Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.