Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant (24625 Views)

My Landlord And I / List Of Estate Owned By Lagos State Government| Co-tenant / Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria| Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Mustiboy(m): 8:47am On Sep 09, 2023
Levels1:

Please which state did this event happens ?

If it is in Lagos State, kindly advise the mqn to go to police headquarter and report to the state ppro.

Let me know if it happens In Lagos, I can assist with the PPRO number.

It happened in Opic Estate, Agbara.

Problem is Opic Estate is both Lagos & Ogun

You're both in Lagos and Ogun state living there.

I'll appreciate any help

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Mustiboy(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2023
Savechild23:
A very good case

Pro bono, I don’t need your money to whoop bullies a$$
I'll appreciate any help, Sir.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Chibuzoripob: 8:52am On Sep 09, 2023
sad U have done well by recording the altercation but FACE FRONT.I mean MIND YO BIZ..Allow Mr X to press charge against the landlord/his father if he like..
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

I'm in dire need of advice.

We had prepaid issues in the house where I'm a tenant. There are accumulated bills on the prepaid, which the landlord has failed to sort out for months. This caused some sort of altercation between he and another tenant over the phone(Mr X).

The landlord told him to move out and refunded his remaining rent.

Now the Landlord and his father came for a meeting with the rest of us today and accused Mr X, who has already moved out last week, of taking things from the house, things such as breaker box and some minor things.

It happened to be the time when Mr X himself came to pick up one of his properties left in the house – a cupboard.

He overhead everything and tried to clarify that he didn't. Just then, the landlord's father started insulting Mr X, who didn't even retaliate or say anything.

The landlord jumped on board and said Mr X must pay for everything. He ordered a guy that came with him to lock the gate of the compound, saying Mr X is not leaving.

Mr X has myopia and is always wearing glasses. The landlord seized Mr X's clothes and threatened to beat him up, even dragging him around and tearing his clothes in the process. He literally rough-handled him like a kid.

His father also charged forward and punched Mr X in the eye, kicking and wanting to beat him even more. Mr X fell on the floor in tears. All this while, I was recording. The landlord even took up a piece of wood at some point, threatening to deal with Mr X with it.

They seized his glasses, denying him proper eyesight and even tried to seize his phone as well.

Mr X was not allowed to go out until external intervention, which came as a plea from neighbors, further massaging the landlord's ego. The Landlord and his dad literally beat Mr X up and shamed him out of the compound and the area at large, hurling insults at him and also cursing his dead father.

I really feel bad for Mr X. I've sent videos of everything that transpired to him. He doesn't know what to do and feels the landlord used his power and position to beat him when he has done no wrong.

The landlord has also boasted that he'll use his power to ensure Mr X is sacked from his place of work.

I'm also bereft of ideas on what to do. How do we press charges going forward?

This matter must not be swept under the carpet.

The landlord is in his 50s, while his father looks 80. I'm not sure of Mr X's age, but he should he in his mid – late 30s

I don't know if this is the right section for this. Mods please move to frontpage

Photo used for illustration
Come again, some tenants are THIEVES/Demons from the PIT of HELL..A landlord will give u quit notice, you'll instead steal his property/vandalised them.,.@OP,u think the man that fixed appliances in his house doesn't knw /remember his electronics ,whatever he fixed in the house? Who's living with Mr X except him only.How come something disappeared from his apartment without him knowing abi the landlord wan teach him sense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by santakris(m): 8:53am On Sep 09, 2023
Mr X should report at the nearest police station and charge them for damages. Thanks for recording everything at least that will go a long way.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by correctguy101(m): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobicove:
So an 80year old man still has the strength to fight like a motor park tout...OP I hope you're telling us the truth undecided

Even me weak o.

When I was in my thirties, dem never born whoever to touch me when I'm angry. Let alone two old baba. One punch each and dem go faint... grin

Alas, I'm a lazy person now...

Smh
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by descarado: 8:56am On Sep 09, 2023
Unless you are Mr X.
He should do the reporting not you.
Your only help is the video evidence you will send to his phone. That's all.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by olamilarks(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

We had prepaid issues in the house where I'm a tenant. There are accumulated bills on the prepaid, which the landlord has failed to sort out for months. This caused some sort of altercation between he and another tenant over the phone(Mr X).

Now the Landlord and his father came for a meeting with the rest of us today and accused Mr X, who has already moved out last week, of taking things from the house, things such as breaker box and some minor things.

It happened to be the time when Mr X himself came to pick up one of his properties left in the house – a cupboard.

He overhead everything and tried to clarify that he didn't. Just then, the landlord's father started insulting Mr X, who didn't even retaliate or say anything.

The landlord jumped on board and said Mr X must pay for everything. He ordered a guy that came with him to lock the gate of the compound, saying Mr X is not leaving.

Mr X has myopia and is always wearing glasses. The landlord seized Mr X's clothes and threatened to beat him up, even dragging him around and tearing his clothes in the process. He literally rough-handled him like a kid.

His father also charged forward and punched Mr X in the eye, kicking and wanting to beat him even more. Mr X fell on the floor in tears. All this while, I was recording. The landlord even took up a piece of wood at some point, threatening to deal with Mr X with it.

They seized his glasses, denying him proper eyesight and even tried to seize his phone as well.

Mr X was not allowed to go out until external intervention, which came as a plea from neighbors, further massaging the landlord's ego. The Landlord and his dad literally beat Mr X up and shamed him out of the compound and the area at large, hurling insults at him and also cursing his dead father.

I really feel bad for Mr X. I've sent videos of everything that transpired to him. He doesn't know what to do and feels the landlord used his power and position to beat him when he has done no wrong.

The landlord has also boasted that he'll use his power to ensure Mr X is sacked from his place of work.

The landlord is in his 50s, while his father looks 80. I'm not sure of Mr X's age, but he should he in his mid – late 30s

I don't know if this is the right section for this. Mods please move to frontpage

No matter what happens, I feel no one should lay hands on another person, that's why we have laws for navigating conflict. Landlord definitely has clout so police won't help matters, Mr. X needs to buy Igbo for some giran boys and map out silent retribution but Mr. X fit go prison if kasala burst...
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Douglad: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2023
Something like this, I'll handle personally.

One of them must fall

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Chibuzoripob: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2023
Acekidc4:
If you report to Police, the Landlord will bribe the idiots in black. Take their matter to Human Rights!!
grin grin cheesy grin grin grin human rights lipsrsealed? U think those ones are saints too abi? My 👁 🧐 don see it ALL
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by yommen: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2023
Obierika:

The Mr X guy must have done or said something that infuriated them otherwise I do not understand why a 50 and 80 year old man would get into a fight with their tenant.

Besides why is it that he chose that exact day to come for the cupboard or whatever.

I'm not in anyway trying to justify the action of the landlord but I feel you're deliberately trying to make him look bad in your account of what happened

You don't know that some these landlords are crazy! Make I no tell you my experience with my previous landlord. Okay Make I tell you small.

I left wardrobe I did. What he did was not a wardrobe but a kind preparatory part so I had build wardrobe inside. I had a dog cage but I didn't eventually bring the dog. He was eventually the one keeping things inside the cage. I also had fumigation tank which we were using to fumigate the the compound. These 3 items I left after packing my things.

But when I wanted to leave, I had already spent 1 additional month. He collected that 1 month rent, 18k after living in that place for 4 years. I fixed a tap in the bathroom which cost me 11k. I actually initially left the wardrobe, the dog cage and the fumigation tank cos I didn't need them in the place I was going. I have 2k to an electrician to fix a minor electrical issue I had ignored all the while

That Saturday morning, that was how the electrician called me concerning the electrical repairs I have already gave him 2k for He said he observed that an electrical pipe had been removed from inside the wall when a previous electrician worked there. So the landlord wanted me to replace the pipe. He made the call in front of the landlord. He further gave the man phone to talk to me. The man actually wanted me to come and pay for the pipe. Ask me how much was the pipe house! 300 Naira only. I was very angry that morning. So I told the electrician to pause the job that I was coming. I picked my dog cage and gave my barber that assisted in carrying it out of the compound. I collected my fumigation tank and gave iya ibeji in the next compound. I eventually left the wardrobe cos I actually wasn't interested in removing it initially. Moreso, there was no way I would remove the wardrobe without spoiling it.

5 Likes

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Olajide200(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2023
If you are on X (twitter), you just post this story, the video and tag Ben Hundeyin, Muyiwa Adejobi and Nigeria police force, trust me, the 80yr old fool and his son don buy market be that.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by OneOpinion: 8:58am On Sep 09, 2023
If your Landlord goes scot free. It will definitely be your turn or that of other tenants one day. The more reason you should rally round Mr X and make sure he gets justice. The recorded video is good evidence. Mr X should report to a Police Station and follow up from there. Don't listen to the naysayers saying nothing will come out of it. Your own duty is to try.

God be with you

4 Likes

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Newsstories1: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2023
"Things are not Going well For Us" Happie Boys Say-Beg Apostle Chibuzor and Nigerians For Forgiveness

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDcoW1Rrgmg
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Ferdinandu(m): 9:03am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

This is Nigeria. Na who bribe Court pass dey win. Face front
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Foodqueen(f): 9:05am On Sep 09, 2023
Op, you are a disgrace for allowing them to beat up a fellow man.

It will be your turn someday.

You all should av fight it out together to avoid it from happening again.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by tefund(m): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2023
ElliotP:
Make Mr x finds area boys make them beat craze comot the landlord and he pman body
Get ready for the return match!!
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Levels1(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:

It happened in Opic Estate, Agbara.

Problem is Opic Estate is both Lagos & Ogun

You're both in Lagos and Ogun state living there.

I'll appreciate any help

I'm glad is either Ogun state/Lagos State.

I will give you Lagos State PPRO contact number, kindly explain everything to him and tell him you have the video evidence respectively.

But if you end up knowing is within Ogun state, I will be willing to assist you by taking you straight to Ogun state ppro office directly to report the case.

The landlord will be charged to court and he can equally beg you for settlement with cash.

Kindly dm me for the number

3 Likes

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by membranus: 9:09am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
WOW... please know when to stop talking abeg! undecided

Unfortunately, it is the truth. There are no patrol cars for police to be running helter skelter in Nigeria.

You need police, go to police station, pay to fuel their cars and other logistics, then they will follow you.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Rechargeam247(f): 9:09am On Sep 09, 2023
Those saying he should have beat up elderly people, hmmn, if one of them gave up the ghost, won't the story be different. He did the right thing, Nigerians ehn.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by remiopash: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2023
Involve a good lawyer first. He will help you to lodge the case with the police.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by membranus: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2023
Levels1:

I will give you Lagos State PPRO contact number, kindly explain everything to him and tell him you have the video evidence respectively.

But if you end up knowing is within Ogun state, I will be willing to assist you by taking you straight to Ogun state ppro office directly to report the case.

The landlord will be charged to court and he can equally beg you for settlement with cash.

Thanks a lot for providing a workable assistance to the guy.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by TheMostComplex1: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2023
Which state is it? Take it to the office of NHRC in the state write a complaint & they will help you to write to commissioner of police. I bet you the landlord & his father will be begging for peace from the alleged abused tenant

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by tyinfinity: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2023
Let me help him with juju .but he will pay for the money to prepare it.and give me there names .they will cry .08063741763 .but make sure mr X is innocent.i don't fight without reason
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Mustiboy(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2023
Levels1:

I just DM-ed you

Thanks a lot
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by olamilarks(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2023
OneOpinion:
If your Landlord goes scot free. It will definitely be your turn or that of other tenants one day. The more reason you should rally round Mr X and make sure he gets justice. The recorded video is good evidence. Mr X should report to a Police Station and follow up from there. Don't listen to the naysayers saying nothing will come out of it. Your own duty is to try.

God be with you

First they came, Martin Niemoller
First they came for my neighbor upstairs,
I did not speak up because I never liked the upstairs neighbor,
Next they came for the yahoo boy opposite my flat,
I did not speak because I dislike stealing on the internet,
Next they came for the Runs girl down the hall,
I did not speak up because s3x for money is immorality in my books,
And finally they came for me,
there was no one left to speak up,
Olopa ti ko everybody!
Blazadenise:
Mr x should be so ashamed of being a man... Tow fighting case you can't bail yourself out by fighting back, my fellow man can never beat me without fighting my life back, make una take the matter go human right.
If you attended Public school, you'll note that Oju-igo peeps aka Nerds are the easiest going fellas in school, Teachers praise them as the model student, sotey children will be disturbing their parents for glasses all to fit the model student image!

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Originalsly: 9:13am On Sep 09, 2023
Is the man without shirt Mr X? If yes ... he had to be living nearby to be half dressed. I guess he needed no help to fetch the cupboard... then why didn't he take it when he moved? Why now? .. and neither the hot headed landlord nor his father threw it out? This is not adding up for me. If the one in blue is Mr X ... why would he come all dressed up to fetch a cupboard? I can't swallow thus coincident part of the story... Iwould rather believe he came for the meeting. Regarding the video ... if the landlord has that power and influence .... it is better to take it to the street. He need to get some area boys from outside ... show them the video ... and pay them to go do the landlord some damage and collect money on top.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by onlyboyson(m): 9:14am On Sep 09, 2023
Never take the matter to men in black call police 🚓 they are to take bribe and acuse the innocent,,if it's here in Anambra take the matter to Hon.iffy Obinabo and the landlord and his father will surely be dealth with

I advise MX to reach for a lawyer but not that of FESTUS KEYAMO
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Blazadenise(m): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2023
Mr x should be so ashamed of being a man... Tow fighting case you can't bail yourself out by fighting back, my fellow man can never beat me without fighting my life back, make una take the matter go human right.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by jumper524(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2023
The tory dey too one sided.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Levels1(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:

I just DM-ed you

Thanks a lot

Seen.

Have sent you all you need.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Levels1(m): 9:23am On Sep 09, 2023
membranus:

Thanks a lot for providing a workable assistance to the guy.

It's nothing bro. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by President2001(m): 9:26am On Sep 09, 2023
No single landlord can try that shit with me one person must land in hospital
Better still report the case with your evidence to your state ppro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Land For Sale In Lagos And Ogun States / Is This Quotation For Roofing Ok? / Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.