Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant (24624 Views)

My Landlord And I / List Of Estate Owned By Lagos State Government| Co-tenant / Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria| Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by MrsTwrite(f): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
Some Nigerian landlords are just senseless and stupid

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Love800(m): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hw can one get a job as a presenter in an fm?
ceeceeuwa:

He should go to wazobia fm office at Victoria Island with proof of everything that transpired.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Iceberg3: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
You better mind your business...the only thing you all should do is talk to the landlord to gbagbe the matter and leave X alone.

Good or bad, always respect the landlord...if you wanna leave his house,do so respectfully and calmly o...
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by adigun4Life: 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
Good day all, I am Mr x the victim you,can reach me on this mobile number,if you are in anyway of help

Thanks to you all.

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by MamaletASO: 1:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
The case is clear.
The recorded video is a complete evidence ...

Go get a lawyer, he will give you a guide then..in court you will definitely get justice and d landord will pay damages..

Dis your case is sweet..how I wish is me, atleast as a lady..I don make money be that oo..

I want make one senator come slap me oo.. I need help

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
Brownemeka:
The guy should get a lawyer, arrest and sue the landlord... with the video evidence...is very simple period
Very simple matter. What shocked me is Op saying him no know emergency number for Nigeria. But I am sure he knows the number for emergency for America.. lipsrsealed
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kobojunkie: 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2023
adigun4Life:
Good day all, I am Mr x the victim you,can reach me on this mobile number,if you are in anyway of help
08088015599. Thanks to you all.
What are you still waiting for ? Why have you yet to charge your assailants for the assault against you? Or you think you can fold your hands and everything will become better by magic?? undecided

Someone even recorded a video of what happened to you making it a pretty much open and shut case for you. So why haven't you gone straight to the police with the matter? Or you don't know where the nearest police station is?? undecided

Una go dey whine say Nigeria is bad not realizing that your refusal to report crimes and have criminals/offenders prosecuted is exactly the major reason why criminals and offenderd continues to thrive in that country. undecided
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by adigun4Life: 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
DesChyko:
'A former tenant'

Well, we have X (the social media site) and we have a number of reputable agencies and people (especially OBIdients on X) who are ready to fast track this incident of assault to the proper ears and channels. All he needs to do is be sure he is telling the truth and be bold to be in public eye.

He should upload the videos of the assault there and ensure that he is actually in the right in all of these. Verbal assault is no crime, although people tend to get biased when an elderly person is insulted. However, physical assault is a different ball game. And he has video evidence.

Good day all, I am Mr X, the victim, please do reach out if you are in anyway of help in this matter. Please call: 08088015599.

Thanks so much.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Waffarianman(m): 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2023
You @Op your matter nai strange pass why not call Mr X during the meeting say landlord and him papa dey around make he Mr X no show up. And with all the wahala you no fit separate fight rather na camera man you later be well to me oo tell Mr x make he chill the matter that who fight run away gat to fight another day. Naso I just dey reason my own matter
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2023
Waffarianman:
You @Op your matter nai strange pass why not call Mr X during the meeting say landlord and him papa dey around make he Mr X no show up. And with all the wahala you no fit separate fight rather na camera man you later be well to me oo tell Mr x make he chill the matter that who fight run away gat to fight another day. Naso I just dey reason my own matter
Op did a good job staying away from the fight abeg. If he has intervened and gotten himself killed, what then? No be everyone get stamina like you. undecided

OP did good by recording the event instead. Where I fault him is not dialing 911(112 is Nigeria's emergency number) at the same time. undecided
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2023
adigun4Life:
■ Good day all, I am Mr X, the victim, please do reach out if you are in anyway of help in this matter. Please call: 08088015599.
Thanks so much.
Start by helping yourself first. File charges against the men who assaulted you and then go from there. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by LikeAking: 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
Originalsly:
Is the man without shirt Mr X? If yes ... he had to be living nearby to be half dressed. I guess he needed no help to fetch the cupboard... then why didn't he take it when he moved? Why now? .. and neither the hot headed landlord nor his father threw it out? This is not adding up for me. If the one in blue is Mr X ... why would he come all dressed up to fetch a cupboard? I can't swallow thus coincident part of the story... Iwould rather believe he came for the meeting. Regarding the video ... if the landlord has that power and influence .... it is better to take it to the street. He need to get some area boys from outside ... show them the video ... and pay them to go do the landlord some damage and collect money on top.

U be ajebo…

U think street boys will fight against a rich person for you the poor person?

Street boys go Dey loyal to the landlord, collect their own..

Never trust street boys…

If yaws Haz u are in trouble…
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Waffarianman(m): 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Op did a good job staying away from the fight abeg. If he has intervened and gotten himself killed, what then? No be everyone get stamina like you. undecided

OP did good by recording the event instead. Where I fault him is not dialing 911(112 is Nigeria's emergency number) at the same time. undecided

Make @Op tell Mr X say make he chill the matter wahala no too good attimes. Make Mr X fashy the matter more life ahead of us
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by lionphil(m): 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

I'm in dire need of advice.

We had prepaid issues in the house where I'm a tenant. There are accumulated bills on the prepaid, which the landlord has failed to sort out for months. This caused some sort of altercation between he and another tenant over the phone(Mr X).

The landlord told him to move out and refunded his remaining rent.

Now the Landlord and his father came for a meeting with the rest of us today and accused Mr X, who has already moved out last week, of taking things from the house, things such as breaker box and some minor things.

It happened to be the time when Mr X himself came to pick up one of his properties left in the house – a cupboard.

He overhead everything and tried to clarify that he didn't. Just then, the landlord's father started insulting Mr X, who didn't even retaliate or say anything.

The landlord jumped on board and said Mr X must pay for everything. He ordered a guy that came with him to lock the gate of the compound, saying Mr X is not leaving.

Mr X has myopia and is always wearing glasses. The landlord seized Mr X's clothes and threatened to beat him up, even dragging him around and tearing his clothes in the process. He literally rough-handled him like a kid.

His father also charged forward and punched Mr X in the eye, kicking and wanting to beat him even more. Mr X fell on the floor in tears. All this while, I was recording. The landlord even took up a piece of wood at some point, threatening to deal with Mr X with it.

They seized his glasses, denying him proper eyesight and even tried to seize his phone as well.

Mr X was not allowed to go out until external intervention, which came as a plea from neighbors, further massaging the landlord's ego. The Landlord and his dad literally beat Mr X up and shamed him out of the compound and the area at large, hurling insults at him and also cursing his dead father.

I really feel bad for Mr X. I've sent videos of everything that transpired to him. He doesn't know what to do and feels the landlord used his power and position to beat him when he has done no wrong.

The landlord has also boasted that he'll use his power to ensure Mr X is sacked from his place of work.

I'm also bereft of ideas on what to do. How do we press charges going forward?

This matter must not be swept under the carpet.

The landlord is in his 50s, while his father looks 80. I'm not sure of Mr X's age, but he should he in his mid – late 30s

I don't know if this is the right section for this. Mods please move to frontpage

Photo used for illustration

good day sir, please what state did this happen and I'll need to know more kindly send a mail to my email. if you can't, kindly let me know. thank you.

i will never ask you for any detail you aren't willing to divulge

Which state?
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by LikeAking: 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
adigun4Life:

Thanks to you all.

Die matter….

Learn you lessons and move on…

Na too much gossips clause you this problem…

They called you on phone to show up, cos the landlord mentioned your name..
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by LikeAking: 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
lionphil:

good day sir, please what state did this happen and I'll need to know more kindly send a mail to my email. if you can't, kindly let me know. thank you.

i will never ask you for any detail you aren't willing to divulge

Which state?

Have fought for your own rights?

Die matter…
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Spidermon: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
If a 50 year old and 80 year old can attack me physically with no fear and successfully beat me up, make dem kuku kill me.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
Waffarianman:
■ Make @Op tell Mr X say make he chill the matter wahala no too good attimes. Make Mr X fashy the matter more life ahead of us
So two men violently assault another man, and you think it should be ignored? Anyways.... na be bother to engage you. lipsrsealed
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2023
LikeAking:
Die matter…. Learn you lessons and move on… Na too much gossips clause you this problem…They called you on phone to show up, cos the landlord mentioned your name..
What lesson would that be? That it is OK for him to be assaulted for speaking his mind? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kobicove:
So an 80year old man still has the strength to fight like a motor park tout...OP I hope you're telling us the truth undecided

The man is a Yoruba demon naw, they don't have respect for their old age
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by LikeAking: 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What lesson would that be? That it is OK for him to be assaulted for speaking his mind? undecided

He should never get involved in tenants gossips or gossips has whole..

He must learn to say nothing when people complain or gossip…

He must have made some comments to someone or some people and they told the landlord…

U get?

U na ajebo na, u no understand Nigerians deep…
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2023
LikeAking:
He should never get involved in tenants gossips or gossips has whole..He must learn to say nothing when people complain or gossip… He must have made some comments to someone or some people and they told the landlord…U get? U na ajebo na, u no understand Nigerians deep…
Rubbish! undecided
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by kendological(m): 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
My landlady just left the police cell yesterday, after being taken there since the day before yesterday morning.
Your recording is important take it to the police, my voice recording turned the case against her.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
kendological:
My landlady just left the police cell yesterday, after being taken there since the day before yesterday morning.
Your recording is important take it to the police, my voice recording turned the case against her.
Wetin your landlady do wey land her in the cell?, undecided

I am encouraged to know there are sensible beings in Nigeria still. If people like you can take it on themselves to educate others--- become influences-- on how to stand up for self, that would be great. lipsrsealed
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by LikeAking: 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Rubbish! undecided

For someone who is very emotional and lack street smartness like you, it’s rubbish.

The wise guys understand…
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by LikeAking: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
kendological:

You guys shud stop fighting with ya landlords and land lady’s..
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Waffarianman(m): 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So two men violently assault another man, and you think it should be ignored? Anyways.... na be bother to engage you. lipsrsealed

Ok na tell @Op to tell Mr X to sue them. I done comot hand for the matter
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Pharaohny: 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:

One-sided how?

I already explained what transpired.

Both Mr X and Landlord insulted one another over electricity issue.

Mr X moved out and came back for a cupboard today.

Landlord saw him and said he should replace everything that's missing from his apartment, the sockets and breaker box.

Mr X said it's been that way ever since he moved in.

Landlord got infuriated and seized his clothes, resulting in everything I narrated up there.

The landlord is a very educated man. I didn't expect such from him and his father.

He even called police and said he'd ensure Mr X rots in jail.

All these over missing wall sockets and breaker box.

Now I'm not one to take sides, but there's no way on earth Mr X could have taken those things.

Landlord is just flexing power and pained that Both he and Mr X insulted one another two weeks ago.

Post the video online Ogbeni or send it to HUMAN RIGHTS
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Originalsly: 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2023
LikeAking:

U be ajebo…

U think street boys will fight against a rich person for you the poor person?

Street boys go Dey loyal to the landlord, collect their own..

Never trust street boys…

If yaws Haz u are in trouble…

No doubt .... the reason you take boys from a different area.... local boys will always fear local big boys.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by LikeAking: 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2023
Originalsly:

No doubt .... the reason you take boys from a different area.... local boys will always fear local big boys.

E no go work…

If yawa gazzxxx..

U are in trouble…..

Never trust them, them go sing your song to olopa like cannery birds..

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by descarado: 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
@op should stay clear of MR X. He is not ready to help himself.
Stay clear and don't do had I known. He want others to fight his fight for him.

Remember, you are a tenant in that house.
You have done more than enough.

Heaven help those who help themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Land For Sale In Lagos And Ogun States / Is This Quotation For Roofing Ok? / Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.