Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant (24627 Views)

My Landlord And I / List Of Estate Owned By Lagos State Government| Co-tenant / Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria| Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Mayoisemj4real(m): 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2023
Okay
A good turn deserves another
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by adeememman(m): 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

I'm in dire need of advice.

We had prepaid issues in the house where I'm a tenant. There are accumulated bills on the prepaid, which the landlord has failed to sort out for months. This caused some sort of altercation between he and another tenant over the phone(Mr X).

The landlord told him to move out and refunded his remaining rent.

Now the Landlord and his father came for a meeting with the rest of us today and accused Mr X, who has already moved out last week, of taking things from the house, things such as breaker box and some minor things.

It happened to be the time when Mr X himself came to pick up one of his properties left in the house – a cupboard.

He overhead everything and tried to clarify that he didn't. Just then, the landlord's father started insulting Mr X, who didn't even retaliate or say anything.

The landlord jumped on board and said Mr X must pay for everything. He ordered a guy that came with him to lock the gate of the compound, saying Mr X is not leaving.

Mr X has myopia and is always wearing glasses. The landlord seized Mr X's clothes and threatened to beat him up, even dragging him around and tearing his clothes in the process. He literally rough-handled him like a kid.

His father also charged forward and punched Mr X in the eye, kicking and wanting to beat him even more. Mr X fell on the floor in tears. All this while, I was recording. The landlord even took up a piece of wood at some point, threatening to deal with Mr X with it.

They seized his glasses, denying him proper eyesight and even tried to seize his phone as well.

Mr X was not allowed to go out until external intervention, which came as a plea from neighbors, further massaging the landlord's ego. The Landlord and his dad literally beat Mr X up and shamed him out of the compound and the area at large, hurling insults at him and also cursing his dead father.

I really feel bad for Mr X. I've sent videos of everything that transpired to him. He doesn't know what to do and feels the landlord used his power and position to beat him when he has done no wrong.

The landlord has also boasted that he'll use his power to ensure Mr X is sacked from his place of work.

I'm also bereft of ideas on what to do. How do we press charges going forward?

This matter must not be swept under the carpet.

The landlord is in his 50s, while his father looks 80. I'm not sure of Mr X's age, but he should he in his mid – late 30s

I don't know if this is the right section for this. Mods please move to frontpage

Photo used for illustration
Start by making a report at the police station nearest to you.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by adigun4Life: 12:42am On Sep 10, 2023
lionphil:

good day sir, please what state did this happen and I'll need to know more kindly send a mail to my email. if you can't, kindly let me know. thank you.

i will never ask you for any detail you aren't willing to divulge

Which state?

Ogun State, Agbara to be precise.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by ericmor: 3:00am On Sep 10, 2023
LikeAking:

Die matter..

Nothing go come out…

You no Dey yanke..

The truth is you guys called Mr. X to show up during the meeting ….

Na una cause trouble for Mr. X…

Which kind cupboard mr.x leave behind…

He can to date the land lord…

Make mr.x see this as a lesson….

Never follow Nigerians and their gossips…

Nigerians and their gosip? that one deep gan. useless bunch of bastard this days in nigeira
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by kendological(m): 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2023
LikeAking:

You guys shud stop fighting with ya landlords and land lady’s..
Do you have mental issue?
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by kendological(m): 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wetin your landlady do wey land her in the cell?, undecided

I am encouraged to know there are sensible beings in Nigeria still. If people like you can take it on themselves to educate others--- become influences-- on how to stand up for self, that would be great. lipsrsealed
I don't owe her rent, I paid her a lump sum of her rent in transfer, then the smaller balance in cash, my rent will expire by February.
Then KAEDC disconnected our power supply, after a 3 days notice to pay, I gave her son money for illegal disconnection they demanded, before we pay the bill, then she cut my power supply for not paying, whereas she did not pay a dime to KAEDC, I warned her but she bluntly refused, many time my bill is just money I dash her because they do illegal connection a lot.
Then I called the police, because she cut me off for one week, she was evading the police and not picking her calls.
On that fateful morning, by 3:00am , I disconnected the power supply from the electric pole, the whole house was thrown into darkness. She is a very violent woman, she brought guys to deal with me, broke my iron door, I ran inside for my safety, she even brought a soldier, I refused opening my door, while I recorded everything, she was threatening to send me to mortuary.
She locked me from outside, and only opened the padlock for the soldiers, imagine the fool. I called my people, added to the fact that the a complaint has already been lodged with the police.
She thought I don't have people, her case was so bad she was disgraced, spent so much money and apologized to me and the police. I had to withdraw the my complaint out pity, and she undertook never to intimidate me, as I was coming back home on the day she was released my power supply was connected with properly, even with tape, I had paid my normal electric bill too, she hasn't paid to KAEDC, but I don't mind, the shame made her calm down.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by kendological(m): 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2023
She wants to frustrate me to leave her house, but I am leaving after the expiration of my rent, she doesn't even know when I will be going out.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2023
kendological:
■ I don't owe her rent, I paid her a lump sum of her rent in transfer, then the smaller balance in cash, my rent will expire by February.
Then KAEDC disconnected our power supply, after a 3 days notice to pay, I gave her son money for illegal disconnection they demanded, before we pay the bill, then she cut my power supply for not paying, whereas she did not pay a dime to KAEDC, I warned her but she bluntly refused, many time my bill is just money I dash her because they do illegal connection a lot.
Then I called the police, because she cut me off for one week, she was evading the police and not picking her calls.
On that fateful morning, by 3:00am , I disconnected the power supply from the electric pole, the whole house was thrown into darkness. She is a very violent woman, she brought guys to deal with me, broke my iron door, I ran inside for my safety, she even brought a soldier, I refused opening my door, while I recorded everything, she was threatening to send me to mortuary.

She locked me from outside, and only opened the padlock for the soldiers, imagine the fool. I called my people, added to the fact that the a complaint has already been lodged with the police.
She thought I don't have people, her case was so bad she was disgraced, spent so much money and apologized to me and the police. I had to withdraw the my complaint out pity, and she undertook never to intimidate me, as I was coming back home on the day she was released my power supply was connected with properly, even with tape, I had paid my normal electric bill too, she hasn't paid to KAEDC, but I don't mind, the shame made her calm down.
I am glad it worked out for you. Thankfully, you reported her when her madness started too. If na me, I go make sure she pay damages and any hospital bills put before she is released. After that, I go blast the news all over the street and social media so she go even consider moving to another place. undecided

You should consider putting your story up for others to see and know that inaction is of cowards and people who are unserious in life. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2023
membranus:
■ Unfortunately, it is the truth. There are no patrol cars for police to be running helter skelter in Nigeria. You need police, go to police station, pay to fuel their cars and other logistics, then they will follow you.
These excuses are old abeg! undecided
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2023
Anny69:
Doesn't work. I saw this number imprinted on a force car and dialed it, I was told it's wasn't available or something, can't remember but it doesn't work.
Yet it is still advertised and used by others. How come? undecided
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Meedass(m): 7:39am On Sep 11, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

I'm in dire need of advice.

We had prepaid issues in the house where I'm a tenant. There are accumulated bills on the prepaid, which the landlord has failed to sort out for months. This caused some sort of altercation between he and another tenant over the phone(Mr X).

The landlord told him to move out and refunded his remaining rent.

Now the Landlord and his father came for a meeting with the rest of us today and accused Mr X, who has already moved out last week, of taking things from the house, things such as breaker box and some minor things.

It happened to be the time when Mr X himself came to pick up one of his properties left in the house – a cupboard.

He overhead everything and tried to clarify that he didn't. Just then, the landlord's father started insulting Mr X, who didn't even retaliate or say anything.

The landlord jumped on board and said Mr X must pay for everything. He ordered a guy that came with him to lock the gate of the compound, saying Mr X is not leaving.

Mr X has myopia and is always wearing glasses. The landlord seized Mr X's clothes and threatened to beat him up, even dragging him around and tearing his clothes in the process. He literally rough-handled him like a kid.

His father also charged forward and punched Mr X in the eye, kicking and wanting to beat him even more. Mr X fell on the floor in tears. All this while, I was recording. The landlord even took up a piece of wood at some point, threatening to deal with Mr X with it.

They seized his glasses, denying him proper eyesight and even tried to seize his phone as well.

Mr X was not allowed to go out until external intervention, which came as a plea from neighbors, further massaging the landlord's ego. The Landlord and his dad literally beat Mr X up and shamed him out of the compound and the area at large, hurling insults at him and also cursing his dead father.

I really feel bad for Mr X. I've sent videos of everything that transpired to him. He doesn't know what to do and feels the landlord used his power and position to beat him when he has done no wrong.

The landlord has also boasted that he'll use his power to ensure Mr X is sacked from his place of work.

I'm also bereft of ideas on what to do. How do we press charges going forward?

This matter must not be swept under the carpet.

The landlord is in his 50s, while his father looks 80. I'm not sure of Mr X's age, but he should he in his mid – late 30s

I don't know if this is the right section for this. Mods please move to frontpage

Photo used for illustration
if who dem assault won’t do anything.. you rest!! The landlord and him papa never see hot body!! Their mind self for dey
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by lionphil(m): 10:37am On Sep 14, 2023
LikeAking:

Have fought for your own rights?

Die matter…

Are you the landlord in question?
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Greatestkidb: 11:39am On Sep 14, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
Pls do nothing but start getting ready to leave that compound too!
Hi sir. I was browsing through news on FP as work no dey town and I saw ur post. I don't know how to explain myself but sir because of God help me with any small amount maka take chop, hunger no allow me get myself and I had search for work tire but still jobless. I take God beg you, run any small thing for me pls maka no die of this hunger. Na food be my problem. Even if I no get shishi maka get something put for mouth abeg, country hard sir. I don see you help some guys here before. May God bless you as you look my side. Amen.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Greatestkidb:

Hi sir. I was browsing through news on FP as work no dey town and I saw ur post. I don't know how to explain myself but sir because of God help me with any small amount maka take chop, hunger no allow me get myself and I had search for work tire but still jobless. I take God beg you, run any small thing for me pls maka no die of this hunger. Na food be my problem. Even if I no get shishi maka get something put for mouth abeg, country hard sir. I don see you help some guys here before. May God bless you as you look my side. Amen.

Sorry....try get something to do.
Anyway send your acct no
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Greatestkidb: 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Anyway send your acct no
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Greatestkidb: 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Anyway send your acct no
Yes sir. Thank you, at least man go buy food for house tomorrow.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2023
Greatestkidb:

Opay account

Joseph I have sent you something....manage am
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Greatestkidb: 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Joseph I have sent you something....manage am
Confirmed sir. God no go forget you too. Appreciated.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2023
Greatestkidb:

Opay account
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
Greatestkidb:

Confirmed sir. God no go forget you too. Appreciated. The acct number is my phone number too abeg help me unquote ham.

No wahala but na you go clear your acct no
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Zyzxx10: 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2023
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2023
Zyzxx10:

Boss no vex. Can you kindly help me too make I see something chop. Sapa hold me like wetin no good. Even offering today I no give for church. If I lie that means the truth is not in me. Temper justice with mercy epp me too my boss. Abeg. cry

Offering no suppose make you miss church oo...anyway send your acct no
Later you clean it off.
Happy sunday
Thanks
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Zyzxx10: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2023

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2023
Zyzxx10:

No my boss. As dem dey do offering I just form like say I wan pick call go outside till dem sing finish, make I no put empty envelope inside basket collect curse wey go affect my yansh. Me wey I be struggling hustler
Na the aza be this my boss, Na God go bless you for me abeg as you take pick my call for this renewed hardship era. Happy Sunday.

I don Send something now....Abeg manage n enjoy your Sunday
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Zyzxx10: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This Quotation For Roofing Ok? / Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad / New 8 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Construction In Enugu City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.