Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant (24623 Views)

My Landlord And I / List Of Estate Owned By Lagos State Government| Co-tenant / Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria| Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by rainlover(m): 9:34am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

I'm in dire need of advice.

We had prepaid issues in the house where I'm a tenant. There are accumulated bills on the prepaid, which the landlord has failed to sort out for months. This caused some sort of altercation between he and another tenant over the phone(Mr X).

The landlord told him to move out and refunded his remaining rent.

Now the Landlord and his father came for a meeting with the rest of us today and accused Mr X, who has already moved out last week, of taking things from the house, things such as breaker box and some minor things.

It happened to be the time when Mr X himself came to pick up one of his properties left in the house – a cupboard.

He overhead everything and tried to clarify that he didn't. Just then, the landlord's father started insulting Mr X, who didn't even retaliate or say anything.

The landlord jumped on board and said Mr X must pay for everything. He ordered a guy that came with him to lock the gate of the compound, saying Mr X is not leaving.

Mr X has myopia and is always wearing glasses. The landlord seized Mr X's clothes and threatened to beat him up, even dragging him around and tearing his clothes in the process. He literally rough-handled him like a kid.

His father also charged forward and punched Mr X in the eye, kicking and wanting to beat him even more. Mr X fell on the floor in tears. All this while, I was recording. The landlord even took up a piece of wood at some point, threatening to deal with Mr X with it.

They seized his glasses, denying him proper eyesight and even tried to seize his phone as well.

Mr X was not allowed to go out until external intervention, which came as a plea from neighbors, further massaging the landlord's ego. The Landlord and his dad literally beat Mr X up and shamed him out of the compound and the area at large, hurling insults at him and also cursing his dead father.

I really feel bad for Mr X. I've sent videos of everything that transpired to him. He doesn't know what to do and feels the landlord used his power and position to beat him when he has done no wrong.

The landlord has also boasted that he'll use his power to ensure Mr X is sacked from his place of work.

I'm also bereft of ideas on what to do. How do we press charges going forward?

This matter must not be swept under the carpet.

The landlord is in his 50s, while his father looks 80. I'm not sure of Mr X's age, but he should he in his mid – late 30s

I don't know if this is the right section for this. Mods please move to frontpage

Photo used for illustration
Take it to Twitter
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Solsix(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2023
izonborn098:
Your work was a camera man while mr x is dying..
How old is this man? Is the eye problem that serious that he can't see in a day time' imagine 50 and 80yrs father and son beating him up....
Well since from day one i know nigeria is full of hate, envy and oppression....
Sometimes some cases need physical battle before involving police and lawyer'' even in the bible, the kingdom of god is taking by violence....
Tell mr x to report to the police only if he is capable to withstand their finacial prowess or have better connections, if not nigeria cases na who get money and connection dey win...
Evidence is very important, unless Mr x go explain tire
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by DukeNija(m): 9:42am On Sep 09, 2023
Obierika:

The Mr X guy must have done or said something that infuriated them otherwise I do not understand why a 50 and 80 year old man would get into a fight with their tenant.

Besides why is it that he chose that exact day to come for the cupboard or whatever.

I'm not in anyway trying to justify the action of the landlord but I feel you're deliberately trying to make him look bad in your account of what happened

Are you sure you’re normal? Someone who saw what transpired in real time and recorded it gave an account, and you who read the account is projecting nonsense by questioning what transpired? Why would a neutral neighbor lie against his landlord? This is how ordinary Nigerians support oppressors and bullies.
Is beating up a near blind former tenant a solution to anything? What could be the justification for such wickedness?

3 Likes

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by boxypane(m): 9:43am On Sep 09, 2023
Report it on X. Copy Inspector Hundeyin.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by AuthorMan: 9:44am On Sep 09, 2023
Obierika:

The Mr X guy must have done or said something that infuriated them otherwise I do not understand why a 50 and 80 year old man would get into a fight with their tenant.

Besides why is it that he chose that exact day to come for the cupboard or whatever.

I'm not in anyway trying to justify the action of the landlord but I feel you're deliberately trying to make him look bad in your account of what happened

You are not wise bro.
You are talking like someone who just finished smoking ten raps of India hemp at a sitting.
Stop displaying stupidity thinking you are making sense.

It's sad the OP got time to be explaining to a lunatic.
Shior

4 Likes

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by sylve11: 9:47am On Sep 09, 2023
LikeAking:

Die matter..

Nothing go come out…

You no Dey yanke..

The truth is you guys called Mr. X to show up during the meeting ….

Na una cause trouble for Mr. X…

Which kind cupboard mr.x leave behind…

He can to date the land lord…

Make mr.x see this as a lesson….

Never follow Nigerians and their gossips…

Word! cool
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Ubanz: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2023
Yes now,how else do you think people in power would behave when the know we have crooks in the bench.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by frikpus: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2023
reach out to Lord Zeus on facebook and forward the video to him. Lord Zeus's family will get justice for him.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by fykes(m): 9:49am On Sep 09, 2023
But wait....how does a 50years old man and an 80yrs old man beat up a 30+ yrs old man?
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Stevenbright(m): 9:54am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

Plan and leave that house because if they could do it to him, it means they can also do it to anyone of you the other tenants. In fact, they did it in order to put fear in you guys mind and so that none of you will ever try to stand for your rights again.

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by DyingFetus: 9:54am On Sep 09, 2023
Anny69:
Doesn't work. I saw this number imprinted on a force car and dialed it, I was told it's wasn't available or something, can't remember but it doesn't work.

It works

I tried it one time , the person on the line kept trying to tell what's the emergency
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by TreasureJunky: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2023
This story doesn't sound real. Next time, fabricate a believable story..
How can a30 years old man in his fullness of strength allow an 80 years old man to beat, and he's standing there watching them. Your story na lie,, I will say it again.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Prestige16(m): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2023
There's a lawyer you can contact on facebook (Atanda Olatunji) and he will take it up. Alternatively, you can report to the National Human Rights Commission or NAPTIP and seek for justice for the person.

Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

We had prepaid issues in the house where I'm a tenant. There are accumulated bills on the prepaid, which the landlord has failed to sort out for months. This caused some sort of altercation between he and another tenant over the phone(Mr X).

Now the Landlord and his father came for a meeting with the rest of us today and accused Mr X, who has already moved out last week, of taking things from the house, things such as breaker box and some minor things.

It happened to be the time when Mr X himself came to pick up one of his properties left in the house – a cupboard.

He overhead everything and tried to clarify that he didn't. Just then, the landlord's father started insulting Mr X, who didn't even retaliate or say anything.

The landlord jumped on board and said Mr X must pay for everything. He ordered a guy that came with him to lock the gate of the compound, saying Mr X is not leaving.

Mr X has myopia and is always wearing glasses. The landlord seized Mr X's clothes and threatened to beat him up, even dragging him around and tearing his clothes in the process. He literally rough-handled him like a kid.

His father also charged forward and punched Mr X in the eye, kicking and wanting to beat him even more. Mr X fell on the floor in tears. All this while, I was recording. The landlord even took up a piece of wood at some point, threatening to deal with Mr X with it.

They seized his glasses, denying him proper eyesight and even tried to seize his phone as well.

Mr X was not allowed to go out until external intervention, which came as a plea from neighbors, further massaging the landlord's ego. The Landlord and his dad literally beat Mr X up and shamed him out of the compound and the area at large, hurling insults at him and also cursing his dead father.

I really feel bad for Mr X. I've sent videos of everything that transpired to him. He doesn't know what to do and feels the landlord used his power and position to beat him when he has done no wrong.

The landlord has also boasted that he'll use his power to ensure Mr X is sacked from his place of work.

The landlord is in his 50s, while his father looks 80. I'm not sure of Mr X's age, but he should he in his mid – late 30s

I don't know if this is the right section for this. Mods please move to frontpage

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by smileyoo: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2023
This is so sad, but why do some nigerians still believe that Nigeria police is just for decoration and not doing their duties, because of the few bad eggs in their midst ?
this false narratives emboldened the societal deviants to commit crimes with impunity, knowing the timidity of nigerians in taking them to the police, because of these false narratives.
Let Mr x contact a lawyer, and go with the lawyer to the police station , and ask the police to invite or arrest the landlord, let Mr x charge the case to court , within 24 hrs, and watch the landlord totally humbled and he will start singing new vibes.
when you involved the police, in a rightful way, they will be forced to work in a rightful way. that you are a landlord is not the reason of taking the law into your own hands.
meanwhile how can you live in this jungle, without having close buddies for emergencies like this ?
if this landlord treat some people like this , he will learn some hard lessons, because it could be like, he foolishly bring war into his peaceful home , over minor issues.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by olisaEze(m): 10:03am On Sep 09, 2023
Rather than filming, why didn’t you stop them!

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by justtruth88miSt(f): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2023
[quote author=Mustiboy post=125666686]Hi, everyone,

Book

Photo used for illustration[/quotle] cho cho cho cho...
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Watcharena: 10:08am On Sep 09, 2023
It's because of occasions like this that every Nigerian need a little amount of madness in reserve for the sake of unforseen circumstances like this
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Acekidc4(m): 10:10am On Sep 09, 2023
kiddkash:

How dare you call our police idiots. Because you know someone who didn't have a good time in their hands, or you hear stories, doesn't mean we are not professionals. Be warned

🙄🙄
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by PrinceGallant: 10:12am On Sep 09, 2023
You sounded bias in your report. Besides, you were just videoing when Mr X was being beaten, why couldn't you raise alarm if you couldn't stop them from beating him, what if he died in the process? And how did a man of 80 years beat a man of 30? You have sent your recorded videos to Mr X to show him how he was humiliated or to take as a proof for fighting back? Mcheew. Until we hear from other party...
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by dkidd: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2023
Reminds me of my former coke head landlady. We had issues before I left her house and I asked for two weeks to get my new place ready and move my stuff. This bitch go call olumegbon boys for me. She even threatened me over the phone that her boys will mess me up and deal with me mercilessly. Lol I just laughed. Only the boys come dey change mouth when see say na me. Because of that her move I no even rush to leave the house again. Her next move was to lie to the dpo at Ajuwe that I'm a fraudster... Na my contact inside station still inform me. I went to see the Dpo to clear myself. All this while I no even move but I was waiting for any unfortunate person wey she go send come fight me. Na me by myself choose the date I want pack out. Most of these Lagos house owners are useless people. If u no strong Dem go ride u like korope. That Mr X needs to teach them a serious lesson or two for future references

5 Likes

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by dkidd: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2023
TreasureJunky:
This story doesn't sound real. Next time, fabricate a believable story..
How can a30 years old man in his fullness of strength allow an 80 years old man to beat, and he's standing there watching them. Your story na lie,, I will say it again.
Don't u think the op might be wrong about the actual ages as u can't tell people's ages by just looking at them? Does that now make the story a lie? Why do u sound so confident it's a lie?
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by FuckingNaira: 10:23am On Sep 09, 2023
Humm. . . Better park and leave the house once the rent expires Coz dsame thing will still happens to you if care is not taken.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Anny69: 10:24am On Sep 09, 2023
DyingFetus:

It works

I tried it one time , the person on the line kept trying to tell what's the emergency
When was that? Before I dropped that comment I called it.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by kitken: 10:32am On Sep 09, 2023
I hope its not nollywood movie u are telling us?
Cus I might be tempted to ask for the title of the film
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by starstaz(m): 10:57am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You could have equally called the cops while you were recording the event. That is a simple thing to do, isn't it? Thankfully those men did not kill him. Tell Mr. X to take the video and pictures of all his scars to the police station immediately. He should demand that the landlord and his son pay his hospital bill and damages at least. undecided

To call the cops in Naija. Preposterous. Our cops are properly called Polisi. To call the cops when 911 or other emergency line are non functional. To call the cops in broad day light and the feedback you get is " So you people get energy to fight in this land when hunger dey waya everybody" ,end calls on you. To call the cops and they tell you they cannot afford petrol in their pick up car. Call the cops facilities, essentially, are not functional in this part. U may have to walk in physically and call the Cops better known as Polisi, here.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by BigCowHornn: 10:58am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

One reason why most Nigerians are treated like fools and slave is they don't know their right

You neighbor should get a good lawyer and head to court. Your landlords will spend at least 1 year in jail but but he'll definition make your neighbor a millionaire after paying damages

This case is just the dream of every poor man that knows his rights but you clearly don't

I'm a landlord in Lagos. I know these things.

If you guys don't have money for a lawyer go to the nearest local government and ask for the dispute resolution of five
That your landlord quill cry blood but you may not get as much money out of it like you would if you dragged him to court yourself

1 Like

Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by qtx(m): 11:09am On Sep 09, 2023
Mustiboy:
Hi, everyone,

Let Mr. X approach human rights commission with the video evidence. Alternatively let him share that video on social media and attract attension of the security agents and other human rights bodies appealing for help. Once the case is on social media, the police is mindful of bribe. Or let him contact me to give him 6 soldiers that just returned from maiduguri to invade the landlord and his dad. grin
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by stagger: 11:20am On Sep 09, 2023
Oga OP,
There is a reason there are courts. Your man should get a lawyer and do the needful.
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by FireUpNow(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2023
Go to the nearest police station
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by akwesenana: 11:35am On Sep 09, 2023
IconicR:
Are you a thug?
They'll beat you up with your tiny body 😂
What makes you think I have a tiny body?
Have we met before?
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by josite: 11:43am On Sep 09, 2023
U are indeed a yet to be wise fellow.while stood by recording while a citizen is being damaged.i won't be surprised if the judge gets you punished as well
Re: My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant by Kevineleven(m): 11:56am On Sep 09, 2023
How can a man let another man rough handle him like that, it baffles me, how can a man not know how to fight.
One close range elbow strike or hook punch to the jaw would have reset the landlord's brain and render him useless for a while.
His father would be limping at the end of the day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Land For Sale In Lagos And Ogun States / Is This Quotation For Roofing Ok? / Interior Architecture In Nigeria Is Very Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.