Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,140 members, 7,829,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators (32815 Views)

Tinubu Presidential Legal Team Clarifies 'header' On copies of PEPC Judgement / All 3 Senators From Benue Dump Governor Ortom, Endorse Atiku / Umahi’s Defection: PDP Suspends 3 Senators, 5 Lawmakers, Others In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Mccullum: 2:11pm On Sep 11, 2023
Let them go to court, very sure of being fined after final verdict. grin grin

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElSudani:
The original inhabitants of the FCT were relocated. So, who are these indigenes?

Relocated and replaced with who?

Go read about the Gbagyi, Bassa, Nupe, etc tribes.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Mombebe: 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2023
Programmer47:

I agree. You hurt me. I'm crying right now. Happy? Like I said you have 21 posts on Nairaland..
ALL of them are tribal slurs or insults. There is no feasible reason why I should evem insult you. Your existence is enough insult to the brain that actually created you. Please keep on insulting me, I need the tears to clean my eyes

I like how stupid you sound,it makes me understand what you meant by your own definition of your delusional intelligent.
I love the fact you have actually taken time to go through my profile on NL,i understand how jobless and bitter you're at the moment,it was really a bad day for you to have encountered me here.But I won't let you throw a jab at me and get away with it,I didn't put you in that sorry-state you're at moment,and if you're fed up with this meaningless existence of yours,you should look for a way to end that worthless existence of yours, after all it's not even productive in any way.
Can't you take a snipper pesticide or better take some other harmful substances to end it.. and no Rip for such a vagabond like you.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by DEBJOCH1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElSudani:
The original inhabitants of the FCT were relocated. So, who are these indigenes?
. RELOCATED TO WHERE MR. MAN?, MAY BE RELOCATED TO YOUR FATHERS HOUSE. WHERE WERE THEY RELOCATED TO?, YOU CAME TO APO, NYANYA, ASO KORO, MAITAMA, LUGBE, UTAKO, WUSE ETC, PAID INDEGENE PEANUT AND ASKED THEM TO LEAVE WHERE THEIR ANCESTORS WHERE BORN AND NO PROVISION OF WHERE TO SETTLE TO, MOST OF THOSE INDEGENES MOVED DOWN TO KORODUMA, OLD AND NEW KARU, JIKWOI, DEIDEI ETC, WHICH IS STILL PART OF ABUJA. OH BOY I DE VEX FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU. IS JUST LIKE COMING TO OGUN STATE AND ASK ALL THE INDEGENOUS OWNERS OF IJEBU ODE, SAGAMU, ABEOKUTA, SONGO OTTA, ETC, YOU PAID THEM PEANUTS AND ASKED THEM TO VACATE ALL THEIR ORIGINAL LAND THAT YOU WANT TO MAKE USE OF IT. REAL PROVISION WHERE NOT MADE FOR THEM ON WHICH OTHER STATE YOU WANT THEM TO GO AND SETTLE, AND THESE DESIDED TO LOOK FOR OUTSKETCH OF THE TOWN AND DECIDED TO SETTLE WITH THE LOSSERS MIND AND CONTINUED WITH THEIR EVERYDAY LIFE HUSTLING.

IF TRUELLY YOU ARE IN SUPPORT OF BAD THINGS, THIS IS MY [PRAYER FOR YOU, MAY GOD ALMIGHTY RELOCATE YOU AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD FROM WHERE YOU ARE NOW, TO WHERE YOU DONT DESERVE. KINDLY SAY AMEN TO THAT.

EVEN THOSE WHO DONT TRAVEL, WHO DONT KNOW JACK ABOUT THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA WILL JUST JUMP OUT FROM THE MOON TO WRITE NONSENCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Dafresh: 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2023
Successdude:

That guy is deranged
I hate when someone insult another for no reason
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Ezmans: 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElSudani:
relocated to where?
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Successdude(m): 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2023
Dafresh:
I hate when someone insult another for no reason

The guy is deranged, yeah?
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2023
9jatriot:
4 or 8 is a long term to keep displaying this type of mental disorder.

Obi and his dient people should know that 2023 election is not the first in this country and will not be the last. In every election, there will always be a winner and couple of losers.

Where did you see Obi in the post?

The post is about Abuja, Atiku's spokesman and the constitution.

Obi must be the greatest man living in your world for you not to make a sensible comment without calling his name.

High time Nairaland got purged of all these miserable programmed e-rats.

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Diligence: 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2023
U guz don't know the extent Tinubu & APC would go to destroy what they met on ground.

APC: SKD: Steal, Kill & Destroy!

The only way is to stop them!

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Rebelutionary: 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2023
Beremx:
Their demand is justified since FCT Abuja is not special.

Nonsense and 25%
Hmm...its all emotioal reaction cos Section 299 of our consritution is very clear on this. I wish them well on their legal journey.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2023
DaTruths:

If A northerner fly the flag again, he would fail.

And for the records, Washington DC has a governor.

Google it.
u should go goggle urself Washington DC is different from Washington that's a State... Obi ll never rule Nigeria no matter the nonsense u guys do online and offline...
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by legitnow1: 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2023
Diligence:
U guz don't know the extent Tinubu & APC would go to destroy what they met on ground.

APC: SKD: Steal, Kill & Destroy!

The only way is to stop them
!

CORRECT!

WHO WILL STOP THEM?
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by wirinet(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2023
JuanDeDios:

Lol. Which implications? It is when the 25% of Abuja argument is upheld that we will have serious problems - endless elections until 25% emerges since the person getting 25% of Abuja may not win enough states elsewhere to be declared winner, creating stalemates and possibly a constitutional crisis – Buhari kuku carry on since the winner haven't won Abuja yet. How this 25% argument even makes sense to anyone beats me.
Still continuing on red herring arguments. If you have studied how run off elections are conducted, you will know that run offs are won by simple majority. Run off elections are held by the two leading candidates after a general election where the winning candidate out of multiple candidates was able to win 25% in 2/3 states.

A runoff is won by simple majority.

That decision WILL be upheld. Because it already stands, before now, that Abuja is to be TREATED AS A STATE IN MATTERS OF JUDICIAL INTERPRETATION. Every lawyer knows this – ask them. And that's only convenient and commonsensical. Not that the 25% argument even begins to make sense. Heck, Lagos State or even Delta State contributes far more to this country than Abuja. But Obi (who I rooted for in the election) and Atiku have money - let them waste it going to the Supreme Court.
Please explain what is meant by "IN MATTERS OF JUDICIAL INTERPRETATION".

Please stop going on the tangent by introducing more red herrings. We are not talking about what each state contribute to the country, we are discussing the status and rights of the people of FCT to choose their political leaders, and if they are granted any special status in Nigeria.

As an aside, if you want to know how to win an election petition, I urge you to go study the case between Oshiomhole (AC) and Osunbor (PDP) (following the 2007 gubernatorial election in Edo State). Present your case the way Oshiomhole did, prove that you WON, and no court can deny you victory. Rely on technicalities (he forfeited money, he went to Chicago, he did not win 25% of Abuja, etc.) and run the risk of being laughed out of court.
Many Governorship elections had been won at the courts purely on technical grounds, David Lyon was sacked by the Supreme Court basically because his deputy, Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo, presented false information to the Independent National Electoral Commission.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by panpan(m): 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
"What is good for Guinea is also good for Uganda."

This grammar is strong o! grin
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Shedrack777: 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElSudani:
Gbagyi and Gwari
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by nairalanda1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
It's kind of have been my idea for sometime that Abuja city itself be detached from the rest of the FCT, and become a separate special district on its own, while the rest of the FCT becomes a state, with the capital probably in either Gwagwalada, Abaji or Bwari.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by ElSudani: 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
Shedrack777:
Gbagyi and Gwari

Good, but they no longer have any rights over any portion of the FCT.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by SOFTSKILL: 2:41pm On Sep 11, 2023
Dshocker:

In all honesty, igbos have the highest number of population in Lagos, after they have virtually bought most of the lands from the indigenes, but Lagos still belongs to the Yorubas indigene, whether they are around or not.

Gross advertisement of ignorance

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by trinity11(m): 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

Its shows many lack intelligence on Abuja.
Its Federal capital Territory, the President is Federal so he more like their Prime minister or governor , a governor can't be with President there, that why they have Wicked Wike (FCT MINISTER)

2023 Election has made people jus to read Law h constitution & ended up not to know how to Interprete its literal meaning.

Going by your illustration, is it a crime for the "federal" (president) to have 25% of it's own territorial votes.

Tell me one state governor you know who has less than 40% of the total votes casted. Now the question should be, does the 36 States has any special status than the Fct.

Now ask yourself this how many % of people voted for Timubu in Abuja, that makes him preside over the affairs of Abuja or the authority to appoint someone as minister of FCT.

80% of Abuja residents did not vote Tinubu
None of abuja residents voted wike, but these 2 men will preside over the affairs of Abuja. However you voted for your own governors, senators and assembly members in your state.
So you have special status than the residents of FCT

NOTE: They did not ask the president to win FCT, just 25% which I think should be 50% to be fair enough.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Lishafelly: 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2023
With the recent judgement, it is their right and should be give to then.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by legitnow1: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2023
The people of the FCT don't have the opportunity to vote for who they want to be their FCT minister, which is like a governor of a state, the only opportunity they have is to have a say on who should be the president of Nigeria, by giving that person a minimum of 25% of votes.
One important questions to ask is:
If the INEC chairman think that the people of the FCT votes is not important at all in the presidential election, then why did he allowed them to come out to vote in the day of the presidential election?
If the reason why the people in the FCT votes is for the mandatory 25% in the FCT, then why was that part of the Constitution not implemented?
By just looking at the PEPC judgement, one will wonder of what use or contribution was the votes from the FCT in the 2023 presidential election
Once a court is compromise, they will look for loop holes to apply technicalities in favour of the ruling party. Had it been Peter obi was announced by INEC to have the highest votes but failed to get 25% of votes in the FCT, the PEPC will have used that against him, I am not surprised on how they controversial rule that a hard drugs case is a civilian case

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by BreconHills(m): 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2023
legitnow1:

DONT QUOTE ME AGAIN, I HATE IGNORANT PEOPLE.

ONLY IF YOUR FAMILY WILL BE AT THE RECIEVING END.

For where?

My family dey kempe. Some of us built ever green businesses. Not a billionaire but ok. In the storm eagles come out to play. You better stop following politicians that are full and comfortable. The day you see them in APC or PDP you will be alright.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Hotice085: 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Another hearsay from Bala.
Bala is disorganized.
😁

Mumu will ever be Mumu, shey una say Abuja is a state abi
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by optionalY09: 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2023
HarryGleb:
Way to go. Since Abuja doesn't have any special status then they should have what other states have. Those injustices have set a bad precedent.

Let Abuja and the rest of Nigerians rise and ask for constitutional change ones and for all everyone should stop this greedy approach to things. That is what is holding the entire Africa back.

Let’s ask for constitutional change together. Not as easterners, northerner, southerner, muslim, christians, Onisese but as one people craving for greatness and the good of the next generation.

Unless we start thinking like this - Nothing will change for better.

We need to change the constitution of Nigeria to address all issue’s wholistically
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Onuoha1234(m): 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2023
Very good. The truth will out sooner or later.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by HarryGleb: 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2023
optionalY09:

Let Abuja and the rest of Nigerians rise and ask for constitutional change ones and for all everyone should stop this greedy approach to things what is holding the entire Africa back.

Let’s ask for constitutional change together. Not as easterners, northerner, southerner, muslim, christians, Onisese but as one people craving for greatness and the good of the next generation.

Unless we start thinking like this - Nothing will change for better.

We need to change the constitution of Nigeria to address all issue’s wholistically
Tribalism will not let it see the light of the day.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by MrDoGood(m): 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElSudani:

Don't argue blindly, just follow the facts. It will make you feel better.

You're not smart.

Simple questions, you can't answer. But you're typing rubbish from your state and saying what's not.
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by RushManni: 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
legitnow1:
The people of the FCT don't have the opportunity to vote for who they want to be their FCT minister, which is like a governor of a state, the only opportunity they have is to have a say on who should be the president of Nigeria, by giving that person a minimum of 25% of votes.
One important questions to ask is:
If the INEC chairman think that the people of the FCT votes is not important at all in the presidential election, then why did he allowed them to come out to vote in the day of the presidential election?
If the reason why the people in the FCT votes is for the mandatory 25% in the FCT, then why was that part of the Constitution not implemented?
By just looking at the PEPC judgement, one will wonder of what use or contribution was the votes from the FCT in the 2023 presidential election
Once a court is compromise, they will look for loop holes to apply technicalities in favour of the ruling party. Had it been Peter obi was announced by INEC to have the highest votes but failed to get 25% of votes in the FCT, the PEPC will have used that against him, I am not surprised on how they controversial rule that a hard drugs case is a civilian case

You dey mind them ?

But this calls for questioning.

How can we be quiet in the face of this level of bias ?

Normally, bias is hidden but here it is very exposed for all to see cos they feel Nigerians can't do nada.

It calls for serious reflection : just as you said, if it were PO they would have ruled still against him citing that 25% .... so it means that, there side or type or so so and so, can't be allowed even though it is won using the right means BUT for the other person, if he does through even though the wrong means, he should be the winner.

So it's beyond say, a mistake but a statement of damnation IF someone doesn't fall in a class or group; and elevation of someone who falls in a certain group.

Brazen statement of Nigeria is not for you no matter how hard you try.

In the face of denial / not meeting target, one strives to be his best so as to be picked or to fill that space he yearns for. Now imagine after that diligence and eventual winning you're told that despite your positive efforts and guiltless but pure and orderly efforts, which has made you worthy to be this or to sit here or there, you're not still going in there.

Imagine that.

How else can the indirect exhibition of their wannabe subjugation be exhibited..... Of which they're only playing themselves with reagards the reality for we know those doing well and those struggling to meet up.

But then, this case / unfortunate reality of things calls for deep introspection .....

1 Like

Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by Juniormajor(m): 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
It's actually funny for the capital of a country to want a governor when the president, vice president, senate president and speaker are all based in the capital. Abi na juju dem use wipe their brain or does Washington DC have a governor
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by ValarDoharis: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
Does it matter? People are resident there now!
ElSudani:
Re: PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators by ProphetM0hammad: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
Armaggedon:
This is what judicial corruption causes. How can a judge say that Abuja is the federal capital Territory and no special status is attached to it.
What a paradoxical statement.
Special status is attached to it but not to the inhabitants.
Why should people living in Abuja have voting supremacy over inhabitants of other people?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Buhari Never Said He Wouldn't Hand Over To Tinubu - Garba Shehu / FG To Militants: We Are Open To Dialogue / PDP Convention: Lawmakers Back Saraki As Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.