Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? (31468 Views)

My Girlfriend Threaten To End Our Relationship Because Of Her Pastor / I Feel Like Quitting My Relationship Because Of This / I Need Advice Regarding A New Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by eepeepook: 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Relationship 419! All the bells going off up and down yet she is still considering him? Ok naw! undecided
Your paid job is trolling Nairaland. You’re one of these 30k per month moderators. Tufia. Find something to do with your life.
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by henrimoto(m): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2023
UnconventionalT:

Later they will say Nigerian women are divorcing abroad. I live here and see how some married women work multiple exhausting night and day shifts just to make up bills with their husbands, still find time to do house cooking, cleaning and taking primary care of the kids.

This kind of man will do wrong in his marriage and ask his wife to pray about it, use Bible verses to justify his actions as well.
πŸ˜†πŸ˜† .... Wahala personality.
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Inobeyourmate: 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2023
Church brothers or church sisters, you better run. Most of them are deceivers, imagine, church brothers wey wan have sex, suck and do all silly things, nah so he see am read for Bible? Yet, some of them go come here dey preach about sex even when they are demons behind closed doors, dem go dey form holy art thou for nairaland here, orie yin buru βœŒοΈπŸ’―πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by bonnyhope: 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
UnconventionalT:
Copied smiley

"I am a Nigerian student living in Scotland, A Nigerian Christian guy got in touch with me via WhatsApp and asked for a relationship, saying he got my number off a church whatsapp group that I haven't been to for almost a year now. He said he's prayed about me and God has told him we are good to go. He is a student too.
I was single at the time and haven't been with a Christian brother before, so I decided to give it a chance. It's roughly 2 months and I am at the point where I want to quit.

We got talking on the platform and also through calls, about a week into our relationship/talking stage he asked me to come to his place and cook for him so he can have enough food for the coming week. I was surprised because we hadn't even seen each other at that at time. I told him I cannot, he made a big deal out of it and said stuff like it's not a big deal for me to do that as his wife to be. We got over that and arranged to see for the first time, he suggested my house and I said I don't feel comfortable with either of us seeing for the first time in our houses and we finally concluded on a Bugger King outlet which isn't far from my house. This didn't go well with him tho.

We met for the first time and talked, after that he said he wanted to know my place as it isn't far from Burger King. He came to my place and stayed in my bed till around past 10pm, he tried touching and kissing, I told him I wasn't comfortable and he needed to leave because of time. He got annoyed said his intentions was to stay over at my place, he already told his housemate he isn't coming back home and it's so late now to go back. I told him I cannot allow him sleep at my house for the first time we're meeting, I have a small single bed and you intentionally didn't even say you'd sleep over before. He grudgingly left and dropped 3 packs of youghurt and a bag of unfried chips which I later discovered where all expired at the time he dropped them.

I told him about it and he made a mess out of the situation. He attends a pentecostal church and critisizes other churches, he doesn't really believe in adult taking responsibility for their actions as the devil is most likely responsible for everything, we simply have to pray against the devil.
He's asked for sex multiple times in less than 1 month, I stopped talking to him one time for about 2 weeks and we picked up again. He said he doesn't have to penetrate, we can do every other things to satisfy our flesh. He said doing all that with him is the proof of my love for him which I have strongly disagreed. Sex isn't a prove of love, we are adults and can have protected sex with anyone without loving them.
The only single thing I enjoy about him is that we communicate well, he talks a lot too and that makes our communication half argument, he finds fault in any little thing and blows it out of proportion. I have told him I don't have strength for argument in marriage since we won't be arguing over minute things that get him pissed off now.

Both of us have been getting multiple 12 hours night shifts from work and two nights ago, he asked me what he was going to eat when he gets home the following morning, I knew he was up to something. I told him I can't say, we don't live together and I don't know what you currently have at home. I suggested he buys bread on his way back home. He then asked me to cook for him to eat the following morning, I sincerely let him know I have no soup or stew myself. His response changed and he later called me on same subject, citing how I don't care enough about him to be concerned about how he is gonna eat since he's been working few nights now, he compared himself to a married man that always brings food to work at his workplace. Even gave the guy his phone to talk to me, that one too said I should do things in my power to make my man happy.

I tried to make him understand he isn't married and it might be difficult to enjoy what his married frnd is enjoying. Youve never bought me foodstuff, you haven't worked before and sent me 50 pounds or less for groceries, we are both working night shifts and I sort my own food, why are you angry I can't make out time out of my rest period to come cook at your house to stuck your fridge?

I have been in relationship where I cooked, I personally enjoy cooking, but I have never been with a man that feels to entitled to me doing that for him. He says I'm supposed to be the one cooking for him. He also believes in women abroad sharing bills, but he is too traditional to share house chores"

Normal story
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by steveodo(m): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2023
Run for your life, the signs are obvious
1. He is not a true christian as he professes to be, all his actions are anti-christianity
2. He lied to you from the beginning of the relationship, I can tell you for free that God did not tell him anything
3. Entitled men/women are the worst set of people to live with, they are self centered and never think about others
4. He is manipulative and will soon make you shadow of yourself.
Note: He is not a christian.
UnconventionalT:
Copied smiley

"I am a Nigerian student living in Scotland, A Nigerian Christian guy got in touch with me via WhatsApp and asked for a relationship, saying he got my number off a church whatsapp group that I haven't been to for almost a year now. He said he's prayed about me and God has told him we are good to go. He is a student too.
I was single at the time and haven't been with a Christian brother before, so I decided to give it a chance. It's roughly 2 months and I am at the point where I want to quit.

We got talking on the platform and also through calls, about a week into our relationship/talking stage he asked me to come to his place and cook for him so he can have enough food for the coming week. I was surprised because we hadn't even seen each other at that at time. I told him I cannot, he made a big deal out of it and said stuff like it's not a big deal for me to do that as his wife to be. We got over that and arranged to see for the first time, he suggested my house and I said I don't feel comfortable with either of us seeing for the first time in our houses and we finally concluded on a Bugger King outlet which isn't far from my house. This didn't go well with him tho.

We met for the first time and talked, after that he said he wanted to know my place as it isn't far from Burger King. He came to my place and stayed in my bed till around past 10pm, he tried touching and kissing, I told him I wasn't comfortable and he needed to leave because of time. He got annoyed said his intentions was to stay over at my place, he already told his housemate he isn't coming back home and it's so late now to go back. I told him I cannot allow him sleep at my house for the first time we're meeting, I have a small single bed and you intentionally didn't even say you'd sleep over before. He grudgingly left and dropped 3 packs of youghurt and a bag of unfried chips which I later discovered where all expired at the time he dropped them.

I told him about it and he made a mess out of the situation. He attends a pentecostal church and critisizes other churches, he doesn't really believe in adult taking responsibility for their actions as the devil is most likely responsible for everything, we simply have to pray against the devil.
He's asked for sex multiple times in less than 1 month, I stopped talking to him one time for about 2 weeks and we picked up again. He said he doesn't have to penetrate, we can do every other things to satisfy our flesh. He said doing all that with him is the proof of my love for him which I have strongly disagreed. Sex isn't a prove of love, we are adults and can have protected sex with anyone without loving them.
The only single thing I enjoy about him is that we communicate well, he talks a lot too and that makes our communication half argument, he finds fault in any little thing and blows it out of proportion. I have told him I don't have strength for argument in marriage since we won't be arguing over minute things that get him pissed off now.

Both of us have been getting multiple 12 hours night shifts from work and two nights ago, he asked me what he was going to eat when he gets home the following morning, I knew he was up to something. I told him I can't say, we don't live together and I don't know what you currently have at home. I suggested he buys bread on his way back home. He then asked me to cook for him to eat the following morning, I sincerely let him know I have no soup or stew myself. His response changed and he later called me on same subject, citing how I don't care enough about him to be concerned about how he is gonna eat since he's been working few nights now, he compared himself to a married man that always brings food to work at his workplace. Even gave the guy his phone to talk to me, that one too said I should do things in my power to make my man happy.

I tried to make him understand he isn't married and it might be difficult to enjoy what his married frnd is enjoying. Youve never bought me foodstuff, you haven't worked before and sent me 50 pounds or less for groceries, we are both working night shifts and I sort my own food, why are you angry I can't make out time out of my rest period to come cook at your house to stuck your fridge?

I have been in relationship where I cooked, I personally enjoy cooking, but I have never been with a man that feels to entitled to me doing that for him. He says I'm supposed to be the one cooking for him. He also believes in women abroad sharing bills, but he is too traditional to share house chores"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Igbamatigbi: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
You are both students and working multiple 12 hours shift?
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by siofra(f): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
SemperFid:
The thing is you don't like that guy. And you don't have any intentions of having anything to do with him. You probably just want to string him along and make all of your rules until he gets tired and give up which is very okay.

When I was doing my house job, I started talking to this girl. I can't remember how I got her contact but I just called her out to meet in a public place and when she got there, we talked at length and I could see she was keenly interested, she liked me.

I told her plain, see babe, I have serious challenge with food. I noticed calabar restaurants don't cook without goat meat and I hate that smell of goat meat. Pls can you come by and help me cook soup.

The girl was surprised at first but she agreed. I dropped 3k for her to use cook the next day, a Saturday, and we went our separate ways.

The next day around 12 noon she called me that she's in my street. I came out, and there she was, she has bought all the soup things.

She cooked the soup and surprisingly she didn't go home after. She spent the night but I did not touch her in the night, I made no attempt whatsoever.

The next morning she asked me why didn't I do anything. I said well, we're just meeting and this is our first night together, so I just have thus principle to get comfortable first. While I was explaining she started making moves, touching and kissing and we made love. After that, we started dating.

My point is, its okay to come in contact with a guy u don't like, that's a normal natural phenomenon but when u do, pls do not hesitate to tell him the way u feel instead of stringing him along with all the rules hoping he gets tired and frustrated then he give up.

That girl is very stupid with a low self-esteem. Imagine just meeting a stranger and agreeing to cook and have sex with him.

Imagine she had asked you for money, the first time you guys met, won't you call her a gold digger But you have the mind to ask her to perform free labour for you undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by tunwumi: 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
Pls be honest. Do you love this guy or not?

UnconventionalT:
Copied smiley

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by FashionCookie(f): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ndi "just the tip" undecided
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by toprealman: 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
Are you a teenager? As a graduate student, you will analyze original data and come up with some logical conclusion for your thesis.
If with all this your submission you still do not know the next steps in your current situation, nobody in here can help you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by LandMann: 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
UnconventionalT:

Later they will say Nigerian women are divorcing abroad. I live here and see how some married women work multiple exhausting night and day shifts just to make up bills with their husbands, still find time to do house cooking, cleaning and taking primary care of the kids.
This kind of man will do wrong in his marriage and ask his wife to pray about it, use Bible verses to justify his actions as well.

Hope you're not too judgemental.

While I'm not holding brief for the guy, you present the case and paint the guy in very bad light. You seem extremely cautious and calculative when relating or dealing with the guy but the guy is acting carefree with you without considering that you may not share same level of feelings or carefreeness.

You're the reason why I tell my colleague that he'll cry blood by the time the girl he's always calling and doing romeo for puts pepper in his eyes.

You and the guy are not compatible. Please break off the relationship and move on with your life.

If you're still keeping him around because you just want to be friends then make it very clear and set strict boundaries.

Stop pretending to like the guy or doing things that is giving him wrong signals.

Cheers
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by seyenko(m): 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! Without looking back

UnconventionalT:
Copied smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by mbjsuki(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hey, let me start by saying, "I'm so damn proud of you". If for anything at all, your stand and position right from the start. All those things you have noticed are signs of red flags, my sister, just JAPA! Do not make any attempt to suggest that you can manage him. Just leave this boy, in a man's body. He simply wants to sample you and once he succeeds with that, you are done with it. He will toss you away. Maintain your dignity and self-respect, a moral value so scarce these days among ladies, by walking away from his early drama. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Octopusssy(f): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
'Copied' from where? It is not enough to just write 'copied'. Let us know where and from who you copied from.
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by sulakishop(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
Get yourself a boyfriend, you are still single
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by TenQ: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
talented321:
With my weed...
RED FLAGS
1. Sentimental and over religious.
2. Entitle mentality.
3. Desperation..
I'd this feeling that guy just want to bleep u..
That ur guy can cheat on u and blame devil, i once dating one church and over religious girl that always play the victim game and blame devil for everything..
On a second thought maybe he is serious to marry u..
All i have for u is becareful with that manchi...
A unmarried man who what to have sex with a lady is overly religious!?
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
Pls run oo

Such people can be psychopaths ooo

I no fit talk wettin I dey imagine but pls flee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
Bunkbars:
β–  Oh wait a minute, you still listen to women problems this 2023.
I nearly slapped a lady, while she was complaining about her ex. You will hear a lady, complain about an ex, and how the guy beats her. But she can't leave him. Because he cares for her. Now you will ask her, what care are you talking about, someone that beats you. She would say, he gives me money. This is a degree holder, that works in a bank o,
β–  There are good men o, but it's always the toxic hard guys that get these beautiful girls most, the guy that can tear her pant and forceful have sex with her, then pet and tell her sorry after the forced sex. This is what women of this generation want.
β–  When she then gets to her late twenties, she starts looking for the cool guys, to frustrate their lifes with her whole toxic experiences. This is the reason most men in their early 40's go for young girls in their early twenties.
1. People from damaged backhrpujds can't hide their damage and no one can save or help them until after they take that first step away from it on their own. undecided

2. "Good men" no be by force, so stop trying to shove them down the throat of women. Relationship is primarily about attraction and not about good men/bad men. Shoving "good men/women" at people is partly to blame for why many married men and women out there are today stuck in unhappy marriages where they then resort to adulterous relationships in order to getting solutions for what ails them. undecided

3. People, all over the world, men and women do exactly what you described there. We look for what we desire most and when we fail to obtain just that, we look for second best and so on. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Especially since life does not give you a pre-made script to finding a partner. Let's try to get over ourselves abeg! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by nedekid: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Them full UK, looking for single ladies to prey on. Free food, yash and money. God help they don't make you a baby mama.
Better run for you life, because after he chops you once, you will be under his control.

1 Like

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Theweekend: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
He is already doing her wrong even before marriage, so the question should be when will Nigerian women in Nigeria wake up to realize that this Marriage of a thing should not be by force? Imagine a woman slaving away in the name of marriage. No be curse be that? undecided
this ur jugdement is for some people not everyone
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Emmacy001: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
UnconventionalT:
Copied smiley

Run oo

This one come for parasitic relationship

1 Like

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Cjayboy: 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
shocked cry tongue cry
UnconventionalT:
Copied smiley

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Atolu01: 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
Too many red flags. Very manipulative too. Typical of the gender. Is its name igwilo? Flee for your mental/ total health.
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by folake4u(f): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
I really hate manipulative and entitled individuals (whether male or female).

See the werey demanding you to cook sef. I personally have a problem with that. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Atolu01: 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
"Quit asap. Nigga is a user."

Big time.
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Archie30: 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
[quote author=UnconventionalT post=125747179]Copied smiley

"I am a Nigerian student living in Scotland

My sis, Scotland can be very difficult meeting Nigerian guys. The one thing I found though, is that Nigerians living in Scotland work really hard. You don't hear sh*T comin' outta there. You 've not told us how you sincerely feel about this guy. You 've met a few times and you 've taken your time to write this down here, I'm assuming you may 've considered him as someone worth 'see how it goes' thingy. Now if you fancy this guy, mould him to the sorta man you want him to be and be malleable too as you aint a finished item either. My advice is, do not over think things, stay open minded but be wise.

1 Like

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Theweekend:
this ur jugdement is for some people not everyone
Look around you at the damage culture that is Nigeria and tell me that again. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by Germi9: 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Relationship 419! All the bells going off up and down yet she is still considering him? Ok naw! undecided
Man scarce ..
Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by VBCampaign: 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
UnconventionalT:
Copied smiley

Run

Run away from him

1 Like

Re: Should I Call Off My New Relationship Because Of This?? by ThatCEO: 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
chatinent:

Both of you are your problems. You also keep finding faults, inasmuch as you only gold-painted your side of the story.

E be like Na only you see wetin I dey observe, everybody dey bash the guy

In as much as that guy doesn't look like he is up to any good, that girl will frustrate the life out of anyone that has anything to do with her. She is will be a difficult person to live with, I can smell the stubbornness. There is a reason why they get old without anyone coming for them.

She said something like "I cook for my ex, but that's because it really came from my heart." We will have to wait for her heart before we chop food be that na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

55-Yr-Old Woman Delivers Twin Baby Boys After Years Of Barrenness- Pics / 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult / Website To Buy Wedding Engagement Rings: Family Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.