Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! (56036 Views)

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Shelter100(f): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
Olatundex22:
if that’s true oyah show me the list, let me plan yours 😋
Visit Ghana and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by extremelygolden: 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
TemplarLandry:
grin I'm sure this happened in imbise.

Happened in Akwa Ibom.

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by cjudy(m): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Mumu so you no see the language like Akwaibom or Calabar. Finally na Igbo matter go kill you

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by nesgeeek(m): 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
Akwa Ibom women are always expensive to marry.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
Exodus15v11:
He should just chalk it up and buy everything na. Broke men have no business getting married.

*Watch all the brokity broke NL men quote and insult me now. If the shoe fits....*. 😚

How do one know another is broke? This can only be possible if one begs.

It is only a begger that knows who is broke(someone who refused giving her money)

2 Likes

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Teniolar04: 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
I never see Dog and Pig for this list oo... Chai
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by severee(m): 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
I go come pay all these ones finish una go come talk say I no fit beat my wife if she misbehave grin
Desperados:
I saw this somewhere so i decided to share here.

The guy saw his missing rib and they have been dating for a while. So it was time to go to the family of his fiancee to pluck his beautiful flower(as they say) but he got the biggest shock as he was met with what he didn't expect.

He was given a list of items to provide for the traditional marriage as is customary but he instead ran away and never came back.

What are your views on this?

See list below..
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
Davinity:
This is actually small compared to what I got... I really don't know what to do with that list

grin

Wahala promax...
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by nairalee(m): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
This is ridiculous. I will only pay this on the condition that after marriage, the parents will have no access to the girl anymore because I have fully bought her.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Googledotcom: 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
Jlow2:
This is Akwaibom, think twice before you marry from there,my guy married from there after spending 2.5m for trad 4years ago, banned his Inlaw’s from visiting him or calling him on fone
Way to go
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Faposky95: 2:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
We are so disastrous out here.....
How many regions have promised gold to an impending groom if they paid this to get married to their daughter....?

You are Christians/ Muslim, you pay bride price and do court wedding......and all the problems of having the woman live according to the norms are missing.....
These traditional mehneneh is destroying the family...take it or leave it.
Better come quote where God talk am say if man wan wife he go pay out of him next two life times.
Same goes when one wants to bury their dead.....we are our problems
Families, better start resorting to groom price to balance things....
Imagine if na 11 boys I feed through school....so no bride price.....?
Una lie.....!!!!!!!
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Faposky95: 2:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
Faposky95:
We are so disastrous out here.....
How many regions have promised gold to an impending groom if they paid this to get married to their daughter....?

You are Christians/ Muslim, you pay bride price and do court wedding......and all the problems of having the woman live according to the norms are missing.....
These traditional mehneneh is destroying the family...take it or leave it.
Better come quite where God talk am say if man wan wife he go pay out of him next two life times.
Same goes when one wants to bury their dead.....we are our problems
Families, better start resorting to groom price to balance things....
Imagine if na 11 boys I feed through school....so no bride price.....?
Una lie.....!!!!!!!

Na vex cos dis error
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Olatundex22(m): 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
Shelter100:

work there about 13 years ago, in Accra close to immigration office. In Nigeria embassy, just one year stay but never get time for woman then👍

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
TemplarLandry:
it's obviously Akwa Ibom
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Confirmedzombie: 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
This is Ahiazu Mbaise. Very greedy people.

Im glad the guy turned back. Imagine list.

Why did they not add mkporo imprisonment

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Little21: 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
This is exactly the problem! After paying all these for marriage, if the husband started treating her badly, the family will start complaining whereas, you sold her to him..

Exactly why a dad said he won't collect a thing called bride price on his daughters.. cuz he ain't selling them.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by bonnyhope: 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
Shelter100:
Marriage rites in Nigeria look too expensive compared to our Ghanaian tribes.
What's Ghanian doing on Nigerian forum
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
Kimjongun:
The guy is not serious are we the one that help him to toast her. Meanwhile here is the list I was given. And I will gladly pay with joy, the day of being single is gone

Don't you know that not everyone has same financial strength? What seems easy for you will seem harder for someone else and vice versa.

How many person again in Nigeria have one million naira in their account according to NBS statistics? If you know the actual percentage you may not make this assertion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by GistFullGround: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
Will he be refunded if the lady behave bad after marriage?
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by haphizz57(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
I no blame d guy
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Love800(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
How is ghana
I would love to ask u a question.
Concerning food biz
Shelter100:

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by emmatuegbe(m): 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
Double your hustle and stop complaining. You want to marry a Harvard trained doctor/surgeon with N50k bride price list. At the end of the day, all the investment the parents had invested on her will be recouped by you (her new family). This is what scared african parents from investing in their girl child in the olden days, because, a man like you will just bring one keg of palm wine and 3 bitter kola to ask her hand in marriage
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Absuchat(m): 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
Kimjongun:
The guy is not serious are we the one that help him to toast her. Meanwhile here is the list I was given. And I will gladly pay with joy, the day of being single is gone
Which one is "marriage proposal letter" again?
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by dododawa1: 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
FAKE lists
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by AntiMarxist: 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
Nah Ibibio way.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Codes151(m): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2023
To negotiate everything here no reach and fit total 500k.

You Dey deceive yourself.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by dinkyicon: 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2023
Shelter100:
Marriage rites in Nigeria look too expensive compared to our Ghanaian tribes.
Yoruba tribe doesn't collect this much. They are very considerate
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Codes151(m): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2023
emmatuegbe:
Double your hustle and stop complaining. You want to marry a Harvard trained doctor/surgeon with N50k bride price list. At the end of the day, all the investment the parents had invested on her will be recouped by you (her new family). This is what scared african parents from investing in their girl child in the olden days, because, a man like you will just bring one keg of palm wine and 3 bitter kola to ask her hand in marriage
no mind am. E feel say na to shape eyebrows d run mouth. Everything in that list can negotiated to 500k self.

The family should even shun the dude it’s an insult.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Codes151(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
TANID:
that family really deserved all those list only " if that lady is a vergin"
e never negotiate you Dey encourage the mumu boy. The first item on that list no reach 30k and can be negotiated to 15k. At the end, everything there fit be 300k or sth.

No Dey encourage all these nairaland kids.

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by crazysam001: 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
Desperados:
I saw this somewhere so i decided to share here.

The guy saw his missing rib and they have been dating for a while. So it was time to go to the family of his fiancee to pluck his beautiful flower(as they say) but he got the biggest shock as he was met with what he didn't expect.

He was given a list of items to provide for the traditional marriage as is customary but he instead ran away and never came back.

What are your views on this?

See list below..

This is how you tarnish the image of people. At no point did you mention here that the food and drink items are used for entertainment at the traditional marriage. This is the reason why only the boxes of wrappers are present at the ceremony.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Shelter100(f): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
dinkyicon:
Yoruba tribe doesn't collect this much. They are very considerate
oh. That's good to know
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Zico5(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
Exodus15v11:
He should just chalk it up and buy everything na. Broke men have no business getting married.

*Watch all the brokity broke NL men quote and insult me now. If the shoe fits....*. 😚

How much do u have in ur account?

--------------
*Some of you cannot understand sarcasm. If you're offended by my comment, cry me a river, biko. Thereafter, I would suggest using that energy to go work ooo, instead being an angry keyword warrior on NL. You're welcome*.
🙂
How much do u have in ur account before typing all these nonsense?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Twerking (photos) / Look At This Woman's Freezer, A MUST SEE!!! / My Grandmum Was An Idol Worshiper, Now This Is Happening To Me, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.