Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! (56132 Views)

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Fizalis(m): 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2023
izuch:
Where?

Based on the language in the list, this is Ibibio/Efik ie Akwaibom or Calabar.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Wizuman: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
FalseProphet1:
By this time next year marriage would officially end in southern Nigeria. Girls would become single mothers because of the greed of their people.

This I have seen.

One of them here already swearing that HE'D RATHER PUSH HIS DAUGHTERS TO SINGLE MOTHERHOOD than not have the items on the list provided.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Fizalis(m): 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
TemplarLandry:
grin I'm sure this happened in imbise.

Nope! Based on the list's language, this happened in Efik/Ibibio setting ie Akwaibom or Crossriver State.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 13, 2023
Exodus15v11:
He should just chalk it up and buy everything na. Broke men have no business getting married.

*Watch all the brokity broke NL men quote and insult me now. If the shoe fits....*. 😚

--------------
*Some of you cannot understand sarcasm. If you're offended by my comment, cry me a river, biko. Thereafter, I would suggest using that energy to go work ooo, instead being an angry keyword warrior on NL over a harmless comment. You're welcome*.
πŸ™‚
What if he was your brother?Will you still support the list?
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by correctguy101(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

The marriage list of my daughters will be expensive. Anyone who can not afford to marry my daughters, should better leave them alone. I have built adequate homes for my kids to inherit, so they better be single mothers and live on my estate than get married to poor people.

I wouldn't do that...

Chai...

My own daughter is a Wing Chun disciple. I left her to train with one werey that says he's a Wing Chun expert since she was 7. Werey that I could easily beat... hahahaha

But I can't be expecting so much from anyone she chooses but I promise to really make it difficult for the guy..grin

I go too use am play before I agree...
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by ufotunang: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
This long list in this tinubu hard economy... nawaoooo πŸ™„
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Emeka71(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2023
TANID:
that family really deserved all those list only " if that lady is a vergin"

And a masters graduate.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Starships4u(m): 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2023
TemplarLandry:
grin I'm sure this happened in imbise.

So yhu didn't see EKA MKPO right?
What has the People from the Igbo tribe done to yhu?

That is either Calabar or Akwa Ibom.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by jonnayo(m): 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2023
Desperados:
I saw this somewhere so i decided to share here.

The guy saw his missing rib and they have been dating for a while. So it was time to go to the family of his fiancee to pluck his beautiful flower(as they say) but he got the biggest shock as he was met with what he didn't expect.

He was given a list of items to provide for the traditional marriage as is customary but he instead ran away and never came back.

What are your views on this?

See list below..

@OP, when collecting a marriage list like this does not mean you have to provide everything. Go to the family of the bride with any elderly member of your family for negotiation. Ensure you talk to the girl you want to marry to play her role by telling her family people to look into the list else she will miss the opportunity that knocks.

There is always a room for consideration and most things on the list will be reduced to what you can afford.

If the list is too much to him does not mean is too much for other men going to the same place to marry.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by TheBillyonaire: 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2023
correctguy101:

I wouldn't do that...

Chai...

My own daughter is a Wing Chun disciple. I left her to train with one werey that says he's a Wing Chun expert since she was 7. Werey that I could easily beat... hahahaha

But I can't be expecting so much from anyone she chooses but I promise to really make it difficult for the guy..grin

I go too use am play before I agree...

I made a promise that I was not going to bring any child to this world unless I understand what this is all about and I waited even though I had the financial resources for decades to raise kids. Because this is not just about money. And I would not have had kids, if I did not figure it out irrespective of balance sheet. Money is important, but direction is required.

So, when it dawned on me what we are doing here, I realized I need to update and upgrade the neural network of the bloodline and integrate the module to our new souls and luckily for me, I have had a brain unification and amygdala switching when my mind went online. So it was really amazing getting the interconnectivity to the univesal wifi and when my kids came preloaded with the data stream, I was not shocked.

So I can not but teach my kids to not downgrade their signals. There is no way a man will be an upgrade without figuring out financial hacks in the matrix. And for a man to want to get married without figuring out something as basic as survival is a misnomer.

Of what use is my experience is I can not train my kids or stop them from errors. Error correction can be mild or forceful if need be.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
Igbos, obidients and bride lists, you go explain tire.
Even to buy human being no reach their bride list.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by NexLoaded: 5:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
Lol! You have not seen anything
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by LivingSage: 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
Not black generally. It's tribal and family things.

This isn't way of life where I come from.

Infact, it's bride's family that caters for the wedding feast in our own family.

Groom may support but not compulsory
Xscape1993:
The blacks mentality about marriage...

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by tomju2(f): 6:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
Akwa Ibom ishongo! Na wa o. Nsupo nto!
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by tomju2(f): 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2023
Akwa Ibom ishongo! Na wa o. Nsuto mkpo! Abi na Nsupo nto!
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Olatundex22(m): 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2023
Shelter100:

You should come and see my father.
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† i know what you’re trying to do, you wan trick me. Make your father flog flog my butt🀭🀭🀭, at list me and you will see anytime first before your father matter get involved.. but Ghanaian women way I knew Dey nice why you wan put πŸ”₯ for my butt.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by ShaqFu: 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
Desperados:

The guy saw his missing rib and they have been dating for a while. So it was time to go to the family of his fiancee to pluck his beautiful flower(as they say) but he got the biggest shock as he was met with what he didn't expect.

He was given a list of items to provide for the traditional marriage as is customary but he instead ran away and never came back.

See list below..
this list is cheap na. The things listed there aren't even up to 500K, I wonder why the guy is lamenting. Na WA oh.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by sedIoyol(m): 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
Exactly why a dad said he won't collect a thing called bride price on his daughters.. cuz he ain't selling them.

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Nahunger(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2023
WetSmoke:
grin

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by bluefilm: 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2023
Even your ancestors wey sell human beings to oyibo people no collect returns reach like dat.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by emonis88: 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
Guy run o! Make them sell their daughter to d highest bidder, n if no body gree buy make them give their daughter belle , foolish people.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by TheBillyonaire: 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
correctguy101:

You're right.

Checked the list and it's ordinary.

Can't blame the guy. There's a way lack can condition a person...

Smh

It is the reason I love nairaland, at least you can meet people whose conditioning make you feel comparatively advantaged. Thus some synthetic happiness.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Godwin25king: 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
Wtf, even 1dozen of under skirt and pants join enter.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by jonnayo(m): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
dkidd:
Nothing surprised me on the long list but that FIFA football... Them wan play farewell match ni grinπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

The FIFA football is for the community youths. It is also a way of announcing the traditional marriage day as exhibition match will be played in their honour before the marriage. Moreso, the couples will receive different gift items from the elders of the community, youths, women, family, brothers/sisters of the bride. Never be scared of the items on the list, there are rooms for negotiation.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by geokay777(m): 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2023
Desperados:

See list below..
grin Na dem dem, we know their tribe by thier bridal list. Some of them will make you renovate or complete thier parent house project if God Don bless them with land already, come add a list that will cure thier poverty join. When you're in those 2 states as a young man. Shine your eyes wella kiss
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by popcykaylah(m): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
Hungry fellow
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by okoroemeka(m): 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2023
izuch:
Where?
either akwaibom or cross river but seriously these people are not smiling even our list in imo state still dey learn work from what I am seeing
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by bukatyne(f): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2023
Wasn't there room for negotiation?

I agree the last two groups are excessive.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Tonytonex(m): 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
Desperados:
List continuation....
the list just long.
Total money will not reach 200k
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by pansophist(m): 8:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
The list no bad

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by olaoye2008: 8:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
Very simple list and you are shouting.
You are very Lucky

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Kenyan Man And His Two Pregnant Wives Strike A Pose (Photo) / My Grandmum Was An Idol Worshiper, Now This Is Happening To Me, Please Help! / Man Caught, Beaten To Pulp For Peeping At Neighbour's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.