Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! (56136 Views)

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by descarado: 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
Okechinwadike:
this is akwa ibom state. but if you see where the are busy criticizing and insulting Igbo people noby here oooooo
Bayelsa is worst.

You buy ogogoro in drums.
That thing is more expensive than cows.

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by CJStarz: 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
I'm a person of colour,not a BLACK MAN

Rayban25:

are you white?
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Boo3nity(m): 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
TemplarLandry:
grin I'm sure this happened in imbise.

Condensed mor*on!
Be sure you know about a place before you start squealing with corn-filled mouth.

2 Likes

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by federalgodey: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2023
You're not ready to get married, else the list isn't expensive!
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by mosesjay(m): 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2023
U are a goat
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by cuffee: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2023
sonofsteven:

Exactly

Just negotiate

Besides it's not a must to provide all at once

You can bring the ones you can afford, as time goes on, you go dey bring till you finish am
simp, i'm sure your wife to be is sucking dick somewhere

2 Likes

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by pendragonbladgo(m): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2023
Those list are for virgins only not all these once that went to school for Prostitution....

Marriage should be 50/50

Infact during my younger sisters wedding, we were the once that bought the cow.

Ours were 70/30

The guy to marry her didn't spend much at all.

Nigeria parents are just looking for who will take care of their daughters which they gave birth to due to lack of sex control.

Now she is a problem, they look for way to sell her!
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by simplyOJ(m): 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
grin Had similar list given to me several years back (2005), but I was advised that it can be negotiated and indeed it was negotiated to a reasonable point thanks to my understanding father-in-law. Where the wahala dey is where the girl's father is dead, and the uncles are in charge of the negotiations or in some few cases if the to be father-in-law is not considerate; OYO is your case. My Akwa-Ibom in-laws, i dey hail o smiley

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by descarado: 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
federalgodey:
You're not ready to get married, else the list isn't expensive!
In some countries, its ridiculously expensive.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by damilola4162(m): 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
That list is for Akawaibomites, I mean the said lady is from Akwa-Ibom!
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by cuffee: 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2023
Octopusssy:

My colleague couldn't marry the love of his life from Akwa Ibom because of the very expensive list he was given.

What do they want with a football?? Greed
you, your brideprice no go pass twenty naira after years of riding tom, dick and harry
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Mummiesboy: 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2023
cuffee:
was she a virgin? Don't lie to me. I'm a witchdoctor. I can swear for you and it will come to pass
Oga bone that thing, JuJu no dey work for every body. Na christdoctor I be
Na you weh dey find virgin get problem.... Don't allow me to say what is in my mind oh!
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by aikyg(m): 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2023
Everything on that list is not up to 500k. I see no problem here.😂😂
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2023
CJStarz:
I'm a person of colour,not a BLACK MAN

oya which colour? youre just talking like one of those delusional women.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Octopusssy(f): 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2023
cuffee:
you, your brideprice no go pass twenty naira after years of riding tom, dick and harry
I am not your sister who has been riding every tom, dick and harry. Go and tell her to stop so that her bride price will rise to 50 naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by cuffee: 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2023
prophetfire:
It's Akwaibom people and their way.
Once I accompanied a friend to pick a wife there, it almost ended in a fight. They hated me because I tackled them ruthlessly on their idiotic and selfish list.
The girl wey no be virgin, wey broke well well, wey no get any better certificate, no better skill, very poor family but the list is as long as the OP's if not longer.
wasn't she fùcking around b4 she met your friend?
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by benqo01(m): 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2023
jackmrandy:
please do well to mention the name of the state. laslas, some guys willl go and get woman from the North

That akwaibom
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Kaycee9242(m): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2023
Davinity:
This is actually small compared to what I got... I really don't know what to do with that list

Mind you... It's the same Akwa Ibom state

See the truth is that most times you are not expected to Provide all that are there, once you are ready to marry the lady that long epistle there won't stop you.

When i saw mine it was long but believe me at the end i was asking is it just this? They Later skipped many things.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by tachia406: 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2023
The sad thing is, the girl must have sampled countless gbolas with loosed puna. The advantage of this Akwa Ibom girl is, you're sure of good food and good sex experience. This two things, I swear with my balls, the guy will see the worth of his money. Imabong, I miss you

2 Likes

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by cuffee: 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2023
Wizuman:

I wanted to marry their daughter from Ona, for the fact that we're both Christians from same church. They came up with the useless list. This is a school cert holder that I already registered for a ui/ux program in tech academy of my workplace. Let me just stop there.

The father was cooperative initially and very happy with all d plans and moves I was making for her daughter, but one week to d wedding, the family started arriving from village and started making outrageous demands,

Very anyhow people.

Six months later I moved on with my fellow Yoruba. I do see the girl on Facebook selling data and recharge cards. I got to know that she is now doing househelp in Lekki.
una no do kerewa?
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by henrimoto(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2023
jackmrandy:
please do well to mention the name of the state. laslas, some guys willl go and get woman from the North
Na Efik/calabar them. Akwa ibom/cross river.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by CJStarz: 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2023
Will you refer to a fair skinned Yoruba or Igbo man as Black? Will you call a tan or brown skinned or even an albino Ghanaian BLACK? The Europeans referred to Africa as a Dark continent and so anyone from there is BLACK! They go as far as painting the devil BLACK just so as to DEMEAN Africans.
Africans are multi-skin coloured,ok?
They call themselves WHITE and you BLACK,you accept that? Are they truly WHITE?

[quote author=Rayban25 post=125769046
oya which colour? youre just talking like one of those delusional women. [/quote]
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Kaycee9242(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2023
Yankee101:
The list is not too much

Just negotiate

Exactly, i don't know why some are lamenting. Once you are ready to marry that long list can never stop you, just tell them the ones you can do. They no dy marry woman finish

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by AllBlack: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
Davinity:
This is actually small compared to what I got... I really don't know what to do with that list

Mind you... It's the same Akwa Ibom state

that guy na small boy.
When he is ready to marry he will stand like a man even if the list long from here to jamaica
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by AllBlack: 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
Kaycee9242:

Exactly, i don't know why some are lamenting. Once you are ready to marry that long list can never stop you, just tell them the ones you can do. They no dy marry woman finish

Please leave those small children complaining about list. what was he expecting when he went all the way to her village?
The real test of a LIST is your ability to stand and argue and agree with your inlaws and finally carry the girl home.
Next thing the same boys will want to talk when men are talking.

2 Likes

Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Kaycee9242(m): 3:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
AllBlack:

Please leave those small children complaining about list. what was he expecting when he went all the way to her village?
The real test of a LIST is your ability to stand and argue and agree with your inlaws and finally carry the girl home.
Next thing the same boys will want to talk when men are talking.

Am telling you, when i did mine it was longer than this but when we started i found out they were skipping some and i didn't even know when i finished it.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by udemzyudex(m): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2023
So those wey dey marry for village nko?

This man never ready.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by cuffee: 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2023
Mummiesboy:
Oga bone that thing, JuJu no dey work for every body. Na christdoctor I be
Na you weh dey find virgin get problem.... Don't allow me to say what is in my mind oh!
people still dey marry non virgin
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by okeganiyu(m): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2023
Funny people, they even write cigarette and matches grin grin grin
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by captaininiobong(m): 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
I don't think it's quite expensive. But the black man mentality about marriage is poor
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Shelter100(f): 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
Love800:
Will selling of cooked foods and roasting of meat(what will populary call suya in my hometown) be profitable in ghana?
Food selling is good business here. There's a culture of eating out here. Not so sure about the suya meat.
Re: "I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! by Kobranet: 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
LikeAking:
Westin dem one use the football do?

Nigerians are just wicked…

I tire.They even put FIFA in bracket

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Grandmum Was An Idol Worshiper, Now This Is Happening To Me, Please Help! / Man Caught, Beaten To Pulp For Peeping At Neighbour's Wife / 13 Things You’ll Find In Every Nigerian Bathroom (In Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.