Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor (44083 Views)

I Am Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Economic Woes - Olayemi Cardoso / Oshiomhole Opposed Yemi Cardoso As CBN Governor (Video) / Tinubu Nominates Atiku Bagudu & Olawale Edun Into Transition Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Roboto11: 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
delpee:

That happened with the Igbos in the 60s.
Still, that doesn't make nepotism right. Afterall, we complained about Buhari so we shouldn't be copying a bad example.
I believe that there should be fairness across board in appointments. You can find intelligent people in every region.

The president needs someone he can work with.

If SE results are to be trusted, then it means only 3% of SE could be trusted with such a sensitive position for that matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Mccullum: 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
Wishing him success on this tasks, he's financial guru, optimistically for brilliant management of Naira.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Elibaba1: 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
How can Bola Ahmed Tinubu nominate a new CBN Governor when Emefiele’s tenure has not elapsed. By law only 2/3 of the NASS can remove the CBN Governor. At most the president can only suspend. And appoint someone in acting capacity.

Someone who has a substantive idea should engage me.

I don’t want emotions and sentiments here please!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Segzy19: 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
The former CBN governor that has just been removed will also join Emefiele in DSS custody...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by baralatie(m): 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
abhosts:
That means the interim cbn governor failed to impress the president.
So it seems
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Tosin67: 6:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
christejames:
Ronu advocates...

In their minds now, with this appointment, naira will appreciate to be equal to a dollar which will translate into economic boom cheesy

Those guys think with their neck and not their brains.
Eeyah. E kpele Sir. Nothing sweet pass ur tears.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Gajagojo: 6:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
Elibaba1:
How can Bola Ahmed Tinubu nominate a new CBN Governor when Emefiele’s tenure has not elapsed. By law only 2/3 of the NASS can remove the CBN Governor. At most the president can only suspend. And appoint someone in acting capacity.

Someone who has a substantive idea should engage me.

I don’t want emotions and sentiments here please!

Emefiele is unavailable

Dem no dey see he

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by baralatie(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Another Banker

Can't we have thoroughbred economist to head the CBN
The problem that the executive have is they don't get the importance
Why
Because they themselves said it is not important
But
It
Ends
Up
Been important
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by ifnyioj22(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
Wild wild West!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by trytillmake(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
People should be looking at, can he perform not whether na Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa, when u enter plane to fly do u look at whether pilot na Yoruba or Igbo, Nairalanders grow up and be a better change don't polute this place with nonsense childish ideas.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by pongwa(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
The things that led to Biafra war was this.

Now they are taking us back to 1950 and 60s

Appointment based on tribesmen.

Which kain country be this.

Now the country will be more divided.

Power has become north for north
West for west

The middle belt, south south the ones wey no get voice. Dem follow us come count bridge.

A leader and drug lord are parallel lines.

Seriously na now I understand wetin obj do as president.

Balanced equation
Well he fought the war.
He understands and holds no grudge

Buhari a failure even in war front
Failed as military head of state and failed as a democratic head of state.
Tinubu never knew what war was.
He was doing drugs.

So they just dey help military dey prepare for take over.

Funny part is na young military officers dey collect government and not the old cargo generals.

But must we reach that level to know that this is not good for a united Nigeria.
cry 😭
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by ppogba: 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2023
SSpeter:
Soludo was more than a banker, he was a Consultant to both the world bank and the IMF.

Please LET US AVOID unnecessary argument.

When did being a consultant to WB and IMF equate to being a banker?
So an accountant that consults for a stock broking firm is now a stockbroker? Una no go kill person for this Nairaland.

Next moment you will start arguing semantics.

SOLUDO WAS NEVER A BANKER.

You can take your argument and logic to a palm wine bar.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Blessed4sure: 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2023
Did you intend this to be poetic? Cos I read it as a poem

😃😃

Yugoslavia247:

West for west

The middle belt, south south the ones wey no get voice. Dem follow us come count bridge.

Balanced equation
Well he fought the war.

He was doing drugs.

Funny part is na young military officers dey collect government and not the old cargo generals.

But must we reach that level to know that this is not good for a united Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by nafisu: 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2023
Lol Tony elumelu is too big for such a position, one his directors made it to the deputy governor position though.
TheBillyonaire:
Thankfully. Tony Elumelu's antics did not work on the President.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by crossbreedwears(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2023
He had few years banking sector boss.
ppogba:

Soludo never had a single year in the banking sector.

I stand to be corrected.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by ppogba: 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2023
crossbreedwears:
He had few years banking sector boss.

Where sir?

I want to learn.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by crossbreedwears(m): 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2023
Very possible. There was a time i worked with an organisation and i disagreed with a lot of policies which eventually made me an enemy in the organisation
Ofunaofu:

Yes, it's very possible
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by LordAdam16: 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2023
Fiscus105:

I think, north central and south south should complain oooo

No point in complaining.
Everyone will get their turn.

In fact, it'll be a huge relief if each geopolitical zone gets the opportunity to be nepotistic for 8 years.
Marginalization complaints will subside.
Whenever it gets to your turn, appoint whomever you fancy.

The regions that'd best benefit from this arrangement are the Core North (NW and NE) and the Better South (SS and SE).
Regions will always be sympathetic to sister zones.
Heck, even the MB will get something, as their Christians will be appointed in the Better South's administrations, while their Muslims will be appointed in the Core North's administrations.

The Yorubas don't have a twin region, so they'll be hard hit by this paradigm they're championing.
You bet they'd raise dust when they're on the receiving end, but no one will pay them any mind.
I trust the SE.
The SS might try to be sympathetic because we are a melting pot of Indigenous, Yoruboid, and Igboid ethnicities.
But the gbas gbos from the SE will be a sight to behold.

-Lord
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by crossbreedwears(m): 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
Bro, what do you expect of a black man in a sensitive position? Only few will do better while majority afe after self benefits
Ofunaofu:

The bankers that headed the CBN have turned out to have done a bad Job there. I might be wrong though

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by fk002: 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
truthfinder319:

Keep crying.
You didn't vote for him yet he gave your region the biggest ministry: Works

I am a northerner I voted for him, but we are gradually learning from our mistakes.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by lionofafrica12: 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
Congratulations to my Senior brother and Cousin. He is a professional to the core. Round peg in a round hole. The President needs a professional and a trusted allied in that sensitive position as the economy would revolve around Ministry of Finance and Central bank policies.
Hurray to the president and good luck to the country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by crossbreedwears(m): 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
Check online sir
ppogba:

Where sir?

I want to learn.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Gajagojo: 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
baralatie:

The problem that the executive have is they don't get the importance
Why
Because they themselves said it is not important
But
It
Ends
Up
Been important
There is no evidence from any where to justify this assumption.

No evidence you can point to
Absolutely none.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by FireUpNow(m): 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
I will be watching comments and not reading. This thread is tilting towards tribalism path

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Levels1(m): 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

West for west

Balanced equation
Well he fought the war.

He was doing drugs.

Assuming we Nigerians didn't reject obi, it will have been worse.

Imagine using igbo as an Agent in the northern part even is legal team.

And I don't remember you writing same article against Obi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by ppogba: 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Check online sir

okay.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by JuanDeDios: 7:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
I'm so happy that incompetent ACTING GUY (whatever his name is) is going to be removed. I hope he joins his boss and mentor Emefiele in jaii.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by JuanDeDios: 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2023
Segzy19:
The former CBN governor that has just been removed will also join Emefiele in DSS custody...
I really hope so. He deserves the holiday for the damage he's done in so short a time.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by ogbe88(m): 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2023
ijustdey:

NTA
A coup will settle this once and for all.
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by ada9ja(f): 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
Acekidc4:
Tinubu, Tinubu, how many times did i call you, please and please some pressing your Haters Neck any anyhow Na 🙄 with this your Sweet sweet Appointments!! Do you want them to die of hypertension Ni 🤭🤗🤣

A regional appointment but same people are accusing buhari of the same thing. Hypocrite
Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Boldideas: 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

West for west

Balanced equation
Well he fought the war.

He was doing drugs.

Imagine you trying to justify why Tafawa Balewa was killed... Quite pathetic😧😧😧😧

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Nominates Olayemi Cardoso As CBN Governor by Irony1: 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
Acekidc4:
Tinubu, Tinubu, how many times did i call you, please and please some pressing your Haters Neck any anyhow Na 🙄 with this your Sweet sweet Appointments!! Do you want them to die of hypertension Ni 🤭🤗🤣

Dude grow up and have small sense in thos your miserable life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Alhaji Shehu Shagari Is Dead? / See The New Look of Ore to Ijebu-Ode Highway (Photos and Video) / Senator Elisha Abbo Breaks Silence On Alleged Assault Inside Abuja gadget Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.