Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,575 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ (47217 Views)

2023: Obansanjo And Afenifere Dumps Obi, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto / Obansanjo Is An Expired Politician- Bola Tinubu / Leaked Tape: Amaechi’s Wife Begs Nigerians To Pray For Her Husband, Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by FreeStuffsNG: 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2023
Obansanjo’s wife begs Obas, Yoruba, says ‘forgive my husband’
17th September 2023

By Adetutu Sobowale

Wife of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Taiwo, has begged all Yoruba worldwide to forgive her husband over his statement at Iseyin, Oyo state during Friday’s inauguration of projects executed by the state Governor, Seyi Makinde.

Taiwo, in a statement on Sunday, titled, “Oyo Kings: A plea for forgiveness”, begged “for permanent and eternal forgiveness and pardon from all Yoruba sons and daughters worldwide, fathers and mothers, youths, teenagers and children, Christians, Muslims, traditional worshippers, all leaders in Yoruba land and the Council of Kings in Yoruba land.”

While begging the traditional rulers to not “avenge on any of us the misdeeds of Daddy Obasanjo”, Taiwo said she was appealing with humility as a mother.

The statement reads; “This is my own personal stand on the manner Chief Olusegun Obasanjo addressed the Kings at Iseyin at the road inauguration by Governor Makinde of Oyo State on Friday, September 15, 2023.

“As a legitimate member of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s family, l will like to state publicly worldwide and privately that the manner in which Daddy Obasanjo addressed the monarchs is not acceptable to God, to the Yoruba race and to the throne of Kingship and it must not be repeated again by any leader in Yoruba land.

“Daddy Obasanjo should not have treated the kings with open contempt and humiliation in order to correct them and reveal their secret that they bow for him privately. It is not good at all. It is too humiliating.

“Protocols could have corrected them privately and respectfully, humbly with love and friendliness.The only person that is infallible is God. God Himself is known as the King of kings and mortals too speak up to God when there is a misunderstanding of His intent. An example was when God in annoyance wanted to destroy the Israelites in the wilderness, Moses had to speak up and beg God not to destroy them. Another example was when Cain after killing his brother Abel, God pronounced terrible judgement on Cain but Cain pleaded with God that the punishment was too much and unbearable for him, that anyone who sees him will kill him.

“God listened to Cain’s appeal despite his horrible act of murdering his brother… etc
There are many examples in the Bible of men speaking up to God, but they spoke not in arrogance or self justification but in humility and remorse. God Himself sent his priest to King David privately to correct him with respect on his error when he killed Bathsheba’s husband. God didn’t humiliate King David because of his error and because He is Almighty God, God still accorded respect and honour to a mortal king he created and crowned when he erred.

“Monarchy is an institution God Himself established before any political government came up to manage the affairs of men.

https://punchng.com/obansanjos-wife-begs-obas-yoruba-says-forgive-my-husband/

139 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by FreeStuffsNG: 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2023
This is a virtuous and wise woman.

If you are wondering why Pa Obasanjo is still alive, these are the people on their knees praying and interceding for Baba.

Those Obas will not forgive and forget.

Pa Obasanjo still has something to learn in this regard and I hope Baba makes amends.

Oyo state Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde, invited Pa Obasanjo to open the road the Oyo state newly constructed but not to create a sacrilege and humiliate the Obas. This is where Seyi Makinde must impress it on Pa Obasanjo to beg and apologise to the Oriades.

Pa Obasanjo spoke very very well and advised everyone there at that event like a true father but unfortunately this sad event with the Oriades just blighted everything. Check my signature for free stuffs!

252 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by TemplarLandry: 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2023
cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by MrsTwrite(f): 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
She's a good woman.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by Stomoney(m): 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
Old age don dey worry Baba Obasanjo cool

115 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by StreetFight: 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2023
The useless Kings deserve to be publicly whipped for not standing up to Obasanjo and beating Obasanjo up mercilessly like a common thief that he is. Those Kings are a disgrace to Yoruba race

164 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by chiagozien(m): 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2023
Obasanjo is the only reasonable Yoruba man I know grin grin

161 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by StreetFight: 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2023
chiagozien:
Obasanjo is the only reasonable Yoruba man I know grin grin

Yes, you are right. The other one is dead. He is Benjamin Adekunke a.k.a. The Scorpion. The two of them used over three million stubborn goats from the East for pepper soup and suya within 30 months

287 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by TruthsFM: 9:33pm On Sep 17, 2023
Lol 😂 forgive keeee
Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by bennybuhari: 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2023
Obasanjo has divorced this one taytay. This is the twin sister of Kenny Martins. She is not Obasanjo's present wife

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2023
But her husband is on point if you see it in his own view,and his wife is a good woman

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by illicit(m): 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2023
Yes

Obasonjo can be likened to Nabal

And his wife to Abigael

Wise woman

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by googi: 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2023
Very wise lady.

Obasanjo, though stubborn, must save face by going to Ooni of Ife to apologize on his behalf to those Oba.
If he could prostrate for Ooni, a man younger than his own son or daughter, he can beg him to beg.

No matter what, some military remains in him.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by kingsways: 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nobody forced the Obas to stand up

If what Obasanjo did was wrong, I expect the Obas to have been men enough to refuse to stand up and tell him to his face that they cannot accept him telling them to stand up and sit down like school children

If someone is Cowardly and gutless, then someone can rightly question if such a person is even deserving of being an Oba in the first place

114 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by jmoore(m): 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

If you are wondering why Pa Obasanjo is still alive, these are the people on their knees praying and interceding for Baba.

Pa Obasanjo still has something to learn in this regard and I hope Baba makes amends.

Oyo state Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde, invited Pa Obasanjo to open the road the Oyo state newly constructed but not to create a sacrilege and humiliate the Obas. This is where Seyi Makinde must impress it on Pa Obasanjo to beg and apologise.

Those Obas will not forgive and forget? Stand up and greet is what is causing so much brouhaha.

Same Obas that Bola Tinubu, described as
“useless” and “sell-outs. https://dailypost.ng/2014/05/20/group-warns-tinubu-apologize-within-seven-days-face-nationwide-smear-campaign/

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by franchasofficia: 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2023
Even though I am one of Obasanjo's diehard fans since 1999, I strongly condemn what he did to the Obas, maybe its old age and military blood that pushed him to do that. Make una forgive Baba, Tinubu a bloody civilian did worst to Osun Monarchs last 2 years when he told Osun State Obas that he was richer than the whole of Osun State and they were all shinning their brownish teeth at him because na Baba Bullion Van talk am, it is well lipsrsealed

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by Gbogbowa: 9:59pm On Sep 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Oyo state Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde, invited Pa Obasanjo to open the road the Oyo state newly constructed but not to create a sacrilege and humiliate the Obas. This is where Seyi Makinde must impress it on Pa Obasanjo to beg and apologise.

Obj did not wrong Obas has outlive there usefulness all what important in a country are president governor local govt chairmen and local government infact im yet to see any development brought about by the oba in my village.as long as Oba remain subject to governors order its does not make sense again

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by Righthussle: 9:59pm On Sep 17, 2023
There's something I don't get. OBJ push them to stand up? If they considered it an insult, why dem stand now ?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by Therapys: 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2023
Is OBJ aware of this apology?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by MrsTwrite(f): 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2023
Awwn... Isn't she lovely?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by nkemoma(m): 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2023
He did nothing wrong

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by onumadu: 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2023
In the voice of the Ebora Owu:
"E dide !"
" E joko !"

I stand with OBJ. cheesy cool
Nansense and ingredients cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by FuckTheMod: 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
Obāsanjo the senile, arrogant, useless and senseless old fool is just shameless.

For 8 years, I can't point at anything meaning that man contributed positively to this country besides CORRUPTION AND EVIL GOVERNANCE.

I don't blame him, I blame those old atẹnu obas that stood up on his command.
If I were among them, MAY HE NOT BE WELL WITH ME IF I EVER STOOD UP.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE OLD FOOL IS FEELING LIKE, ARE YOU A PRESIDENT?

HE DEFINITELY KNOWS WHO HE CAN TRY SUCH RUBBISH WITH.
CAN HE DARE:
ALAAFIN
ỌỌNI
AWUJALẸ
ALÁKÉ
ỌBA OF BENIN
OLU OF WARI
OR SULTAN?

13 Likes

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by Varunpulyani: 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
He did nothing wrong,if Obama visits any of the palaces as ex president they will stand and greet him.

Nothing new.

The sophisticated accomodating rice bandits are just bitter

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by Femich18(m): 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
No wahala
Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by Martzki: 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
K
Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by EkelediliBuhari: 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
K
Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by inoki247: 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
Lol wetin be this woman own make she allow Wu run am talk...

1 Like

Re: Taiwo, Obansanjo’s Wife Begs Obas, Yoruba, Says ‘Forgive My Husband’ by Buharidgeneral: 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
StreetFight:

Yes, you are right. The other one is dead. He is Benjamin Adekunke a.k.a. The Scorpion. The two of them used over three million stubborn goats from the East for pepper soup and suya within 30 months
Vawulence everwhere

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shameful Look Of Street In Over Hyped Lagos State / Rivers Re-run: Amaechi Came Noisily, Left Quietly — Wike - Vanguard News / Nigerians React To President Buhari's 2nd Term Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.