Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

I Need Mortuary Job - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Mortuary Job (22097 Views)

What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? / Experience In A Mortuary / This Man Wants A Job At The Mortuary But He Failed His First Test (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Mortuary Job by BoldBrainz(m): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2023
myami:
can you look at an embalmed corpse

Very comfortably.

I've injected morphine into several cadavers before, because I found it thrilling. An uncle of mine is a HOD in the Anatomy department of a Nigerian University and we're close enough to the point I've even had to watch him extract organs from the human body. One time, I even held a human heart in my palm.
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by Nicoddemus(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2023
moshuur:
Wow...which kain thread be this for God sake.

Why the insistence on mortuary job

grin
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by blacksam01: 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2023
YourBestWriter:

I have bsc microbiology. If it is easy to find any kind work in the UK even if to wash toilet, I'm taking it. I'm just tired of these petty jobs I get paid 15k monthly as a biology teacher in onitsha. And I can't even save, so I have lost a lot.

teachers are paid 30k in Awka..near u...i mean private school teacher..there is also a skl in awka which pays 150k for her teachers, a private skl too..

have a frind who teaches in a private skl in wka who earns about 60k...just move around dont glue urself to just osha..osha has the lowest wage level in Nigeria,

there sales girls are still paid 12k
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by Allthelight: 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2023
Some people don't need phone
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by panpan(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2023
YourBestWriter:
Sincerely, I see the work of a mortician as slightly similar to that of a soldier. And my intention is clear, big monthly salary. ...

Your intentions may be clear. A mortician's job is legitimate, regardless of public opinion.
Every job has its challenges.

However, in an African setting, certain issues, behind closed doors, may come up which you may prepare yourself for:
- Some people may seek your permission to have intercourse with bodies and pay you.
- You may be asked not to throw away the bath water, but to collect it in a large container and sell it on a daily basis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Mortuary Job by Blueace247(f): 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
HardMirror:
who will pay you N10 per word for editing? Not even creative writing? N5 max is more realistic. All the best sha. At least you think you are worth that price.
For creative writing you can even charge N1000 per word. Makes more sense

read it again sir.. for thesis or any other with editing, proof reading is 10 naira per word and its negotiable..

i bet people pay me more..
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by Kaiser20: 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2023
scoobyblogspot:

Bros.. How can you be desperately looking for a job at the mortuary? I have never heard this before in my life
Maybe one Baba has sent him on an errand.

1 Like

Re: I Need Mortuary Job by myami: 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Very comfortably.

I've injected morphine into several cadavers before, because I found it thrilling. An uncle of mine is a HOD in the Anatomy department of a Nigerian University and we're close enough to the point I've even had to watch him extract organs from the human body. One time, I even held a human heart in my palm.
I can't oh. I'm hypersensitive to mortality. It started when I was young. Anytime I look, I can't stomach the lifelike state in which they appear. They look like new born babies
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2023
Doris4ever:
Wahala. Can't even think of doing such job. When I lost my mum, I visited the mutuary. I saw several corpse. I almost fainted, for days couldn't get myself.
So you let your fear of the inevitable — that you will also end up one of the meat bags at a mortuary someday — get to you? undecided
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by NovusHomo(m): 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2023
YourBestWriter:
Good day everyone here. Please I need mortuary job anywhere in Nigeria with accommodation. At the moment I am eager to recover everything I have lost over the years, and a job in the mortuary as a mortician is what I am asking for.

Presently I am in onitsha, but i can relocate to anywhere in Nigeria as long as there is accommodation. Please guys kindly link me up.

God bless you all.

RITUALIST spotted!
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by Doris4ever(m): 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So you let your fear of the inevitable — that you will also end up one of the meat bags at a mortuary someday — get to you? undecided

Not that. Like I have never seen several dead bodies before in different shapes and sizes. If you no get mind you can't withstand it.
People who work there are heartless.
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by obaidan: 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2023
Nigerian Police, shey una dey read
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by BoldBrainz(m): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2023
myami:
I can't oh. I'm hypersensitive to mortality. It started when I was young. Anytime I look, I can't stomach the lifelike state in which they appear. They look like new born babies

Oh well, individual differences bro!
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by BoldBrainz(m): 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2023
Doris4ever:

Not that. Like I have never seen several dead bodies before in different shapes and sizes. If you no get mind you can't withstand it.
People who work there are heartless.

It's a beautiful sight. That's when you understand the very essence of life and all the struggles we go through on a daily basis.
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by newoffer: 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2023
[Get job as mortuary attendant for night then pallbearer. Hope u not one of those random ghost wey no gree die. How u need accomodation join the mortuary wahala off meqquote author=YourBestWriter post=125908165]Good day everyone here. Please I need mortuary job anywhere in Nigeria with accommodation. At the moment I am eager to recover everything I have lost over the years, and a job in the mortuary as a mortician is what I am asking for.

Presently I am in onitsha, but i can relocate to anywhere in Nigeria as long as there is accommodation. Please guys kindly link me up.

God bless you all.[/quote]
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by makaveli902: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2023
This one that you are eager to recover what you have lost, I hope you are not a skull 💀 miner?
YourBestWriter:
Good day everyone here. Please I need mortuary job anywhere in Nigeria with accommodation. At the moment I am eager to recover everything I have lost over the years, and a job in the mortuary as a mortician is what I am asking for.

God bless you all.
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by mariahAngel(f): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2023
myami:
if they offer a pay of 2 million, you this maria will leave your kitchen job and accept mortuary job. You I know very well

Gi n'onye? Acceptukwa mortuary job!
I raga shi!
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by airsaylongcome: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2023
YourBestWriter:

This is far from what I'm thinking about. It is funny tho. I heard the salary of morticians are very very good, and that is why I'm looking towards that. Lol funny you tho.

In Nigeria? Morticians earn peanuts, even those that work for the big funeral homes in Lagos. If you are looking to learn to be a mortician for when you japa, you have to get to Lagos. Embalming a body isn't a big deal as long as you have some knowledge of the human anatomy. Most embalming in Nigeria is done with very high concentration of formalin. Many places inject the corpses which isn't good in my experience. Best is to open up the carotid artery, then pump the embalming fluid to the body first. And then to the head. In properly measured volumes. Some people also open up an artery located in the groin. In Naija, we like to embalm the body excessively, especially Ibo people (to keep the body long enough to transport it back home). There's really no big deal in embalming as long as you have a basic knowledge of anatomy and chemistry

1 Like

Re: I Need Mortuary Job by airsaylongcome: 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2023
Berlyn1:
hope say u get juju for body?

Juju to handle a dead body? Naaaah. A corpse is very harmless. I've been party to a few embalming procedures to know this. Put formalin in the corpse. No silly "spirit" fit do anything. The embalmed bodies are so stiff that the "spirit" would be frozen

3 Likes

Re: I Need Mortuary Job by airsaylongcome: 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2023
myami:
can you look at an embalmed corpse

Why not? I can even handle the corpse to inspect the body and ensure it was properly embalmed.
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by airsaylongcome: 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Very comfortably.

As innnnnnn! I don't get why people see it as a big deal. It may be scary at first, but after two or three cadavers, nothing to fear again
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by Love800(m): 4:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
Me i want to work in mortuary too but dont know how to go abt it.
Pls hw much is the pay?
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by Intergrated: 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
tobillionaire:
Why not get a loan and invest with us as a distributor at Eleganza industrial city (Home of Quality Products) km 68, Lekki-Epe exp way, Ibeju Lekki
Lagos or
call: 08180199999, 08069498844 or 08084574071 for your quality products which include: Luggage, Coolers Disposable packs/cups, Coolers, Chairs and Tables, Soap and lots more
make he get a loan ? Why don't u give him start up.

1 Like

Re: I Need Mortuary Job by HardMirror(m): 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2023
Blueace247:

read it again sir.. for thesis or any other with editing, proof reading is 10 naira per word and its negotiable..

i bet people pay me more..
Okay, as long as they think your work is worth it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Mortuary Job by myami: 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Why not? I can even handle the corpse to inspect the body and ensure it was properly embalmed.
no nightmare? and you will eat
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by TotoGame(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2023
YourBestWriter:

God bless you all.

Go for it..

1 Like

Re: I Need Mortuary Job by sonssyo: 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
Eastlink:
This brought out tears from my eyes. It’s well op. But Mortuary jobs in Naija don’t pay well. Perhaps in overseas yes. But Naija!

and i searched for microbiologist for 1 month in this same Onitsha and finally got thou
Do you know how to drive? If you do, a sales job can be initiated, what is this 15k job for?
Even our merchandisers here are earning 43k (weac) holders no to talk of you that is a graduate self.
Please Mortician job in Nigeria is a Scam
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by Tayorshd87: 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2023
scoobyblogspot:

Bros.. How can you be desperately looking for a job at the mortuary? I have never heard this before in my life

My brother me too óò ..am even suspecting d guy maybe he has some expectations for carnibalism or so
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
YourBestWriter:

God bless you all.

Go Ogun state naw, mortuaries full there.
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by Tayorshd87: 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Juju to handle a dead body? Naaaah. A corpse is very harmless. I've been party to a few embalming procedures to know this. Put formalin in the corpse. No silly "spirit" fit do anything. The embalmed bodies are so stiff that the "spirit" would be frozen
Working with this experience will make u understand religion is not applicable in realities of life..

Meaning dead human is also synonymous to a dead rat or dog ..

Religion is just to shape people behaviour and there is nothing like life after death heaven or hell
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by spencekat(m): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2023
There is dignity in labour jaare.
Re: I Need Mortuary Job by airsaylongcome: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
myami:
no nightmare? and you will eat

Lol! Why not? Why would seeing a human coprse somehow cause me to have nightmares? Or not to eat? Been seeing them, inside a mortuary since I was maybe 13 or 14. No biggie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Massive Academic & Non-academic Staff Recruitment Ongoing At FUNAAB / Apply For Dangote Group Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / Why Should We Hire You? The Answer To The Question!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.