Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) (31998 Views)

Throwback Photo Of 2pac Amaru Shakur / Tupac Amaru Shakur 49th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / CELEBS: Tupac Amaru Shakur's Sittings Since Alleged Death 22years Ago[photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Johnbullisaclow: 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
OK! so what happened to them was merely time and chance... no fault of their own? OK now! Continue with the att6empts at re-writing history. undecided

Nothing do you brother...its cool....You don't like the guy or send his music...That's cool..Everyone is entitled to their views and perspectives.

But as said some of us "Lived" that period and were around during that period to understand the nuances and context of the timeframe we are referring too...not saying we were around some of those situations and artist personally/directly (that would be one lying or capping) but it's like me trying to understand the issues with artists like Naira Marley, Mohbad (sorry if I got the name of the Artist wrong) Davidos or Wizkids of this era....I wouldn't even know the difference between an Omalay or Kiss Daniel song or anything about them, because it ain't my time and would always defer to these "Young Un!" that are living it in the moment to fill me in on understanding this new age.

As said, nothing spoil Bro....its just a discussion on views/the topic...we can agree to disagree on this....afterall Tupac's (or any of the other Artist) estate ain't paying either one of us to keep going back and forth 😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by shonepa(m): 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2023
If only u knew what black Americans went through that year. What are they still doing in 2023......black on black crime is at the highest.

How many artists in the world archived what pac did in rap music? He was only 25yrs.

Nefort:

I don't understand what's special about that thug who had a bad influence on the African American youths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by okerekingsley90: 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2023
shonepa:
If only u knew what black Americans went through that year. What are they still doing in 2023......black on black crime is at the highest.

How many artists in the world archived what pac did in rap music? He was only 25yrs.

that why I asked about his age. He doesn't know 2pac

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Nefort: 9:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
okerekingsley90:

How old are you please. You clearly don't know tupac
How would you explain the violence and thuggery in his lyrics?
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Wiljemz777(m): 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie post=125955690]Enigma my arse! He died a fools death.

You attack everything as if you don’t have brain in your rotten skull.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2023
Johnbullisaclow:
Nothing do you brother...its cool....You don't like the guy or send his music...That's cool..Everyone is entitled to their views and perspectives.
■ But as said some of us "Lived" that period and were around during that period to understand the nuances and context of the timeframe we are referring too...not saying we were around some of those situations and artist personally/directly (that would be one lying or capping) but it's like me trying to understand the issues with artists like Naira Marley, Mohbad (sorry if I got the name of the Artist wrong) Davidos or Wizkids of this era....I wouldn't even know the difference between an Omalay or Kiss Daniel song or anything about them, because it ain't my time and would always defer to these "Young Un!" that are living it in the moment to fill me in on understanding this new age.
■ As said, nothing spoil Bro....its just a discussion on views/the topic...we can agree to disagree on this....afterall Tupac's (or any of the other Artist) estate ain't paying either one of us to keep going back and forth 😂
1. Bullsheet! I enjoyed his songs when they were relevant. But they are no longer of our times. undecided

2. I was almost in my adult years during that period myself so don't think you can get off easy trying to sell me bullsheet rhymes about life back then. I arrived in the U.S. about 2 years after the event to realize what happened and how seriously mistaken we were for glorifying all that bullsheet back in Nigeria. Even Nigerians who were here when it all went down knew to distance themselves from the rubbish. undecided

3. Let's stop with the story telling abeg! undecided
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by okerekingsley90: 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nefort:

Which violence. That what the style of rap back in the 90s not only tupac now.I agree tupac was stubborn but you can't deny that he was extremely talented. He rap about bad governance listen to me against the world changes. It's unfortunate he died early and was caught up in this cause he was on deathrow under suge knight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Johnbullisaclow: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Bullsheet! I enjoyed his songs when they were relevant. But they are no longer of our times. undecided

2. I was almost in my adult years during that period myself so don't think you can get off easy trying to sell me bullsheet rhymes about life back then. I arrived in the U.S. about 2 years after the event to realize what happened and how seriously mistaken we were for glorifying all that bullsheet back in Nigeria. Even Nigerians who were here when it all went down knew to distance themselves from the rubbish. undecided

3. Let's stop with the story telling abeg! undecided

Well you said you arrived in the US 2 years after....did it occur to you that whoever you are discussing with mght have been living in the same US during that period before your arrived...won't even address the age issue with you because as grown men we should not be arguing on a public forum over such trivial things.

Only commented on this thread because of the Artist/subject matter....besides that I don't really comment on N/L.

I don't know who you are and you don't know who I am, so let's leave it at that.

Once again, we will agree to disagree...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2023
Johnbullisaclow:
Well you said you arrived in the US 2 years after....did it occur to you that whoever you are discussing with mght have been living in the same US during that period before your arrived ...won't even address the age issue with you because as grown men we should not be arguing on a public forum over such trivial things.
■I don't know who you are and you don't know who I am, so let's leave it at that. Once again, we will agree to disagree...
1. Nope! because it doesn't matter at all. What matters is what I realized for myself of what in fact took place. undecided

2. Sure, sure! Let's stop trying to rewrite the story abeg! undecided
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Johnbullisaclow: 9:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Nope! because it doesn't matter at all. What matters is what I realized for myself of what in fact took place. undecided

2. Sure, sure! Let's stop trying to rewrite the story abeg! undecided

No one is re-writing any stories. You have your own opinion on it and I have mine...Simple enough.
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Johnbullisaclow:
■ No one is re-writing any stories. You have your own opinion on it and I have mine...Simple enough.
You didn't read the comments then. lipsrsealed
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Johnbullisaclow: 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You didn't read the comments then. lipsrsealed

I read the comment well...would have not replied if you had left it at point one and kept it moving...responding to point 2.

Will keep it moving from henceforth. Enjoy!!
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
Johnbullisaclow:
I read the comment well...would have not replied if you had left it at point one and kept it moving...responding to point 2. Will keep it moving fromhence forth. Enjoy!!
Sure, sure! Let's stop trying to rewrite the story abeg! undecided
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Fearyourcreator: 10:12pm On Sep 22, 2023
ShenTeh:
I was never his fan but what baffles me is the high def pictures of him we always see considering the standard of pictures at the time.

One of his favourite quotes is

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender." - Tupac Shakur

Let the conspiracy theories begin!
I noticed this too about his pictures... very sharp clean and clear... I don't just get

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Lincton: 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
My favorite Tupac Shakur track "THUG MASSION"
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by maxzzo1(m): 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
According to Suge Knight....tupac didnt die he fade away
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Juventus4life: 11:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
TheFacelessMan:
Notorious B.I.G. was my guy. cool

1. Somebody's gotta to die 2. Niggaz Bleed ...in fact the entire "Life After Death" album were stories that inspired my writing. Check those 2.

For 2pac

1. Ain't hard to find 2. Only God can judge 3. Picture me rolling.... the entire "All Eyez on Me" album.

Tupac ignited a foolish beef that got 2 lyrical geniuses killed.

Modified - 2pac got killed because he messed with a Crip. Biggie died because of the East-West Coast beef.

You got everything wrong homie.
Listen to 2pac music from 1991-1995 then you will know that pac did not ignited a foolish beef. At that time pac doesn't give a Bleep about any musician's,he was more concerned on the corruption and injustice going on in America and at the same time telling the whole world what ghetto life is all about in USA.
Pac was shot 4 time in New York in 1995 and after then he was taken to prison where he spent 8 months. Everything started when pac was in prison because a lots of musician's, celebrities, police, judges even Government officials blasted and mocked him. The most notably among them was Biggie song "Who Shot Ya" in his album Ready to Die.
Pac responded to them all in 1996 when he came out from prison. He was even harsh to the judges and police than Biggie.
Just figured out before 1996 and after 1995 music of pac then you will understand more about the beef and pac nature of music.
Both Biggie and Pac were been killed by FBI and CIA.

And finally, I held Biggie in high esteemed, I respected him, he is genuis. His eloquent and flow in rap has no part 2.
His music "Juicy" and Missing You"remains my favorite.(i.e biggie songs)

All Eyes On Me Album
27 tracks
Produced in 2 weeks
This album still remain mystery to me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Juventus4life: 12:00am On Sep 23, 2023
Carot:
you are sick in the head and need urgent attention. When Ice Cube and NWA were singing fùck the police, where were you

He was not born then.
Don't mind the fool
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Juventus4life: 12:09am On Sep 23, 2023
mjuvey3:
I love Makaveli as a poet but he was never a gangsta.

Orlando Anderson and his gang members knew this,that's why they assassinated him.

Why didn't they kill Suge too since he was in the car with him?

He should have never signed with Death Row Records...That was his greatest undoing.

Suge was a blood member while Orlando was a Crip.... Makaveli was just a "studio gangsta" 😁

Suge knight bail him from prison he gave him condition that he must sign with Death Row record.
The bail fees was 1.5 and Pac can't afford it nor his underground level.
The Government at that time don't want him out that's why the put amount on his bail fees

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by FengChui(m): 12:10am On Sep 23, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Same year is when Imole Mohbad was born!
Sharing June as birth month with Tupac, now died at same month. Death is rocking 9ja Atm, we feeling the HEAT

Year
Mohbad 16th June, 8days after Tupac's birthday 8th June. 16 ÷ 2 = 8
Died 12th September, while Tupac died 13th. 13 - 12 = 1
... & both Age 27 . kiss 🤔

PAC did not die at 27 oga.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by FengChui(m): 12:12am On Sep 23, 2023
GODPUNISHALABI:
He rapped about killing niggas with their mouth open... . 2 months later he was killed with his mouth open

And you can never achieve 1/100 of what he achieved in 25 years even if you have 3 lifetimes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by stanisbaratheon: 2:32am On Sep 23, 2023
mayor1814:

Who shot u" by BIGGIE was recorded before the shooting incident in quad studio in November, 94...

Biggie was just unfortunate to be caught in d mix. They were all friends before, biggie and Tupac , even puffy, lil cease, lil Kim and bad boy crew were all cool with PAC until that 94 shooting incident

Yes. Who shot ya was recorded before then but why release it when Tupac just got shot? Tupac was set up and Biggie may not be part of it but he certainly knew who shot Pac but refused to tell him. Is that how friends behave?
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Branco6(m): 5:36am On Sep 23, 2023
Gerard28:

Na paylater. He showed me everything
Oh
I doubt tho
Registered companies don't do that sort of thing
Make e sha pay when e get👍
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Rolings: 6:05am On Sep 23, 2023
ShenTeh:

Let the conspiracy theories begin!

The most popular theory is that he was taken out by FBI as the east coast west coast rivalry has assumed a national security dimension and needed to be arrested.

Another theory is that he messed with a Crip member and was dealt with

Ma Nigga Pac was the GOAT of rap music

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Franzinni: 6:57am On Sep 23, 2023
Carot:
Go and read events that took place following the release of 2pacalypse
be specific please so I can narrow it down ...
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Wotowotoman: 7:21am On Sep 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Was I not already in my 20s sef when these nonsense things happened? Look at these ones attempting to re-write reality so they can feel important kwa! undecided

So you are in your 50s. And you go dey here 247 dey banter with teenagers wey you fit born. And dem go dey insult you up and down. E no dey do you one kind? Na wa o…

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by jayworld15(m): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Is Ice cube singing the same tune today? Una go dey uselessly carry other people issues for head. undecided

Was Ice Cube not singing it in the 90s because that's the period of relevance?
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by jayworld15(m): 8:54am On Sep 23, 2023
Many people misunderstood the life of 2Pac and other revolutionary figures.

1) Some of them can be cool personas until something necessitates their "perforce change". In the aspect of 2PAC, he was born a day after his mother beat her case single handedly against US government for her role in Black Panther movement where some members like 2PAC's Aunt fled US as she's still today has a bounty on her head. Do you expect the US government to fold their hands concerning the blood that comes from that family? They have to treat him like the rest in history who had same story.

2) 2PAC was never fake or trying to be fake. You can say same about Malcom X, MLK Jr, Mandela and the rest of us. Something always necessitates the change. In his case, he already has the history with him about what the Black Panther group stands for until his racial encounter with the police where he was badly beaten, humiliated and wounded for "jaywalking". That changes his whole life.

3) You just be a fool to think 2PAC was killed because of a mere gang related issue. He's thrown to prison for offence he never committed (where the victim could not point to the men despite knowing them). While in the prison, he had a great bond with every gang leader and member in the yard and were planning a reform (according to some statements), the power that be for the system would never allow anyone to go scot free for that. He was suvillanced by the govt days before he was shot. You can check it out online. The question is WHY THAT?

4) Aje ke lana, omo Ku loni. Tani o mo pe aje toke lana lo pa omo oni je? I came to your hood where you're the boss and I got robbed and shot 5times, in the same time I was sent to prison for what I didn't do, and within month you released "WHO SHOT YA?" and you want me to believe you know nothing about it? It's true the song might or was written prior to the shooting but there's "Premeditated circumstance". That's where the proverb "a which confessed yesterday (or was caught) and a baby died today, who doesn't know that the child was killed by the witch?.

5) He knew he would live long. He knew he wouldn't have kids. He knew he would have to share love and appreciation for a long time, that's why you got to listen to those related to him whom he told and advised. If Malcom X, MLK Jr, etc couldn't live long, do you expect him to live long? What made them to be cut short so early was the message and beliefs and hope and agitation for better life. The script I believe is to make it as if it was gang stuff.

6) People talk about gangsterism and 2PAC. Some mistotle fish brains said he's faking it, how do you fake shooting white officers who were badly handling a black dude (not known occupation at the time of shooting to him). You can't even shot the white person and go scot free, not talk about police officers. It was a deja vu, just like his mother against the system, he beat it. That's a gangster shit to defend your race (without knowing the person) from the system's hand and he did that.

2PAC IS, WILL AND WILL ALWAYS BE RELEVANT AS LONG AS HIS SUBJECT MATTERS ARE CONCERN AND THEIR PRESENCE IN TODAY'S WORLD. BIGGIE IS ONLY MENTION BECAUSE OF 2PAC BUT PAC BECAUSE OF HIS MESSAGES WHICH WILL ALWAYS BE RELEVANT 'UNTILL THE END OF TIME'

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by mayor1814: 10:17am On Sep 23, 2023
stanisbaratheon:

Yes. Who shot ya was recorded before then but why release it when Tupac just got shot? Tupac was set up and Biggie may not be part of it but he certainly knew who shot Pac but refused to tell him. Is that how friends behave?

Biggie hands are tied. And again as a street nigga, he will not want to snitch na. And on d oda hand, PAC was his good friend. So his hands are tied. I like PAC too, but d guy had many enemies. I think Biggie warned him about some niggas he rolling with, den boom PAC was charged with sexual assault. D oda guy involved was not charged only pac.

If PAC had listened to biggie he wud have avoided it but again u can't fight nature. PAC is naturally confident and active. He's very fearless. I think he also had a problem with Snoop Doggy Dogg in that regard. Snoop too is a certified gangsta, but he's d laid back type.
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Carot: 10:30am On Sep 23, 2023
Nefort:

you are a big móron. Go and listen to biggie, ice cube. You will know pac was a saint

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by Gerard28: 11:38am On Sep 23, 2023
Branco6:

Oh
I doubt tho
Registered companies don't do that sort of thing
Make e sha pay when e get👍

Okay. Thanks man
Re: THROWBACK: The Enigma Call Tupac Amaru Shakur( 1971 - 1996 ) by stanisbaratheon: 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
mayor1814:

Biggie hands are tied. And again as a street nigga, he will not want to snitch na. And on d oda hand, PAC was his good friend. So his hands are tied. I like PAC too, but d guy had many enemies. I think Biggie warned him about some niggas he rolling with, den boom PAC was charged with sexual assault. D oda guy involved was not charged only pac.

If PAC had listened to biggie he wud have avoided it but again u can't fight nature. PAC is naturally confident and active. He's very fearless. I think he also had a problem with Snoop Doggy Dogg in that regard. Snoop too is a certified gangsta, but he's d laid back type.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Daniel K Daniel Set To Wed His Long Time Girlfriend In August / Unbothered Jim Iyke Continues With His Swag After Court Ordered Him To Pay N15m / Vicky Zugah Reconciles With Woman After Snatching Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.