Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,937 members, 7,810,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid (63769 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by lalalista: 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
@Righteousness2 we need your opinion here please
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SURElee(f): 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

Personally I don't have a problem with his outward appearance, moreso I heard he grew up abroad.
But the issue is trying to use the bible to justify his actions. He wasn't even convincing.

He has to do more in spiritual matters to convince lots of people he was actually called by God and not just family inheritance.

He ha no business convincing anybody. His job is to preach while the holy spirit convicts and converts the hearts of people.

The sheep he has been sent to will hear the words and follow while those he isn't sent to will go hear the voice of their shepherd who has been sent to them. Period!

Every flock has a shepherd!
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Eriokanmi: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
SURElee:

Must every founder be like Pa Akindayomi? He chose his interpreter to succeed him.

Why didn't you blame Eli and Samuel who handed over to their sons?

Yes, I know you will soon say their sons failed. Yes, they failed because of their stubborn nature to corrections.

Give Jimmy a chance.

Who even made Christians assistant Jesus to judge. Didnt your Bible's say not to judge so you won't be judged?

Even the one picked my Late general overseer has made the church all about family business with wife heading various things and son openly Calling Pastors goats.

Abeg let God be the judge after all he said the judgement will start from his own house. A lot of pastors don't have long hair and tattoos but seep with female members and rape some.
Na God go judge las las.

How come the people who went to spy out the land, didn't judge Rahab?

Paul killed people yet God called him on his way to persecute some more. The God who called a killer to ministry, the God who didn't castigate the Samaritan woman and Mary with her alabaster jar of perfume is in the ministry of reconciling lost to him, he is looking beyond the physical and errors of men.

Same way even then Christians rejected Paul after h got converted is how Christians are rejecting Pastor J today,

Una go dey alright las las.

Same way some of you judged that foreign tattooed lady saving innocent kids of ill-treatment in akwa ibom, yet those judging without tattoos are nothing to write home about the Christianity you profess.

ANYBODY CAN DO THE WORK OF GOD.

DID IT NOT EVEN CROSS YOUR MIND THAT PASTOR TAIWO NOMINATED HIS CHILDREN TO LEAD THE CHURCH AND THE BOT OF THE CHURCH DIDN'T CONTEST IT LIKE WHAT HAPPENED YEARS AGO AFTER IDAHOSA'S DEATH?

My last paragraph says it all, read again. Nobody is judging anyone.

Point of correction, the holy spirit chose for Pa Akindayomi, not by carnal manipulation or preference. There were people who were much better and qualified than him back then. He wasn't even the youngest among them, if a youth leader was what pa Akindayomi was looking for
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Chetas81(m): 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
1Sharon:
Where is in the bible that dreads are a sin?
opinion is allowed
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
As far as Christianity is concerned, wearing dreads or tattoo is not a sin. However, as he matures in the Faith, he'll begin to see reasons to do away with them & to maintain a more modest appearance.
Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. It's a sin. The guy should desist from all this unworthy outward appearance

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by ShilohB: 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
This is simple. If this is against your christian faith believe leave the church and join another put most christians prefer to worship church instead of God.

Such person cannot pastor me not even in the dream with all his bible backing.

You guys should leave the church let him pastor people that believes in his ideology.

Family Business Claiming God Called
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

For the fact that you say their perception of smoking might be different then you should know modesty is cultural dependent and someone not conforming your own standard of modesty doesn't make the person wrong or a sinner. Thanks.

Stop dodging the question.

FYI smoking cigarettes is not a sin in Christianity but if I see my pastor smoking cigarettes here in Lagos, I would be highly disappointed.
Smoking is not something I want to associate with my pastor because of the bad reputation it has here in naija.

Is Jimi preaching in USA or Nigeria. What's the perception of his style of outward appearance here?
That's what people have been explaining to u since and u just arguing blindly.

Now answer the question,
If u see your imam smoking cigarettes in LAGOS here in naija.
What would be your perception of him.
Knowing fully well smoking isn't haram.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
SURElee:

He ha no business convincing anybody. His job is to preach while the holy spirit convicts and converts the hearts of people.

The sheep he has been sent to will hear the words and follow while those he isn't sent to will go hear the voice of their shepherd who has been sent to them. Period!

Every flock has a shepherd!

Show me you are Christian who doesn't read her bible without telling me....

James 3:13.
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.

Colossians 4:5-6,
Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each

1 Peter 2:12.
Conduct yourselves with such honor among the Gentiles that, though they slander you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us.

1 Peter 3:16,
Yet do this with gentleness and reverence, keeping a clear conscience, so that when you are accused, those who disparage your good conduct in Christ will be put to shame.

Ephesians 5:15
Therefore, pay careful attention to how you conduct your life — live wisely, not unwisely.

It's a pity we have to correct not only Muslims here but also some misguided Christians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tragergeorge(m): 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

Yankee where homosexuality and divorce are normal christian behavior?

American have lost interest in God, all because some liberal preachers have, in their greed for attendance and money, watered down the doctrine and principles of christendom.

Google is your friend, my friend.
My guy na internet na begin de expose everything,,,it's been like that even before you,me our forefathers was Born.
Wetin make God end Sodom and gomorha?
If moral got to do with appearance I no sure say God for use most persons wen He use for Bible
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by rickyephraim(m): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2023
When devil slap u, u go know say na war front you dey. Oga every profession has its ethics including dressing
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Darevofpeace(m): 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
As far as Christianity is concerned, wearing dreads or tattoos is not a sin. However, as he matures in the Faith, he'll begin to see reasons to do away with them & to maintain a more modest appearance.

His dreads are not natural and the Bible says No to tattoos. Anything around the Church pulpit should be decent and orderly.
When we see a Gangster, we can pick them.
Kids in his Church will want to pick up his looks and that's where Wahala Go start.
He is just deceiving himself.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by MamaletASO: 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
What a defensive entity??

Are you here to preach Christ and bring lost sheep to His kingdom??

Or you are fully prepared to f*uck, r*ape and molest the flocks of sheep??

How on earth could you be defending wearing of earrings by man.. this is ridiculously ridiculous.
#EndTime is here..

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by beyondPen(m): 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

I keep saying that many people will just open the bible and read the opinions of Paul when he was writing letters to different churches and now want to enforce Paul letters as the standard of Christianity.
Paul was not even amongst those that were with Christ and understood all what Christ was about. People like peter, James etc. Paul was an apostle like Barnabas and need validation from the disciples of Christ.
Any time you want to see a pastor or anyone cap about the bible they will quickly open to one of the books written by Paul.

Many people don't know that the Hebrew or Jewish religious practice is nothing similar or close to Christianity, its even closer to Islam than christian.

Without data I'm very sure an Israeli can easily switch to practice Islam compared to practicing Christianity.

Paul did wrote and work more than any disciples. At a time he scolded Peter for not wanting to preach to the gentiles and for seeing them as unbelievers.

Paul wrote about how a pastor should act and what makes a man of God.

Paul has the aura of Jesus even his clothes heals.

Paul is the greatest and referring to paul's teaching isnt bad.

You need to understand your bible.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Searchingvictor: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
It's well
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by GanagiBitrus: 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
Olufemiolaolu:
Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. It's a sin. The guy should desist from all this unworthy outward appearance

The Levitical laws are in Torah under Judaism.
Christ's teachings & Christianity do not necessarily uphold those laws. Reason why the Jews were in enmity with Jesus & sought to kill him severally.
The outward appearance you consider unworthy may be quite normal in some parts of the world, so it is not a sin itself.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
motayoayinde:

THIS ONE HAS BEEN LIVING UNDER THE ROCK.
IT'S CLEAR YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S BEEN COOKING IN ISRAEL LATELY.

YOUR "BRETHRENS IN CHRIST" ARE NOW BEING STONED AND SPAT AT BY JEWS EVERYWHERE IN ISRAEL.

You are a woman so I will be gentle with u.
But know that there are more Jews living outside Israel than within the country.

Read about Messianic Jews and Christian Jews.

Next time understand my statement b4 responding.

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by promisevic: 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Christ's teachings & Christianity do not necessarily uphold those laws. Reason why the Jews were in enmity with Jesus & sought to kill him severally.
The outward appearance you consider unworthy may be quite normal in some parts of the world, so it is not a sin itself.

Are you saying we should throw away the law? Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. There is a reason why the Leviticus book was included for us in the Bible. Can what was abomination to God thousand years ago now be acceptable to him today? My Bible tells me that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and Forever and if you know JESUS, then you know that he is God.

Moreso, The fact that something is a Normal Life does not make it a Christian Life.

Above all, I rather admonish that we seek to receive Jesus Christ into our life to be born again so that we can receive the Holy Spirit. It is the HolySpirit that guides the Christian to live a life acceptable unto God. This is a more sure way than just living by rules and regulations of the law. For instance, there are quite a number of things which I naturally dropped when I became born again as I was led by the holyspirit. From dressing, to language, to behaviour, to mention but a few. The holyspirit is gentle and quiet spirit and this is very much reflective in our outward appearance (1 Peter 3:4)
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SURElee(f): 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Eriokanmi:

My last paragraph says it all, read again. Nobody is judging anyone.

Point of correction, the holy spirit chose for Pa Akindayomi, not by carnal manipulation or preference. There were people who were much better and qualified than him back then. He wasn't even the youngest among them, if a youth leader was what pa Akindayomi was looking for

And who told you the holy spirit didn't choose Jimmy? You just think Pastor Tiawo chose him like that without praying? Abeg make una rest.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Nauttyprof(m): 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
As far as Christianity is concerned, wearing dreads or tattoo is not a sin. However, as he matures in the Faith, he'll begin to see reasons to do away with them & to maintain a more modest appearance.

You have indirectly called him an immature G.O grin grin grin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Starking1000000(m): 9:28pm On Sep 23, 2023
1Sharon:
Where is in the bible that dreads are a sin?

What about the tattoos??
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Ken4Christ: 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

I keep saying that many people will just open the bible and read the opinions of Paul when he was writing letters to different churches and now want to enforce Paul letters as the standard of Christianity.
Paul was not even amongst those that were with Christ and understood all what Christ was about. People like peter, James etc. Paul was an apostle like Barnabas and need validation from the disciples of Christ.
Any time you want to see a pastor or anyone cap about the bible they will quickly open to one of the books written by Paul.

Many people don't know that the Hebrew or Jewish religious practice is nothing similar or close to Christianity, its even closer to Islam than christian.

Without data I'm very sure an Israeli can easily switch to practice Islam compared to practicing Christianity.

Nothing wrong with the writings of Paul.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
jeromestarks:
This stupid boy is gay. Nothing compares to the pleasures of a well washed and shaved pvssy. The stupid boy is missing out on good pvssy.
If you feel this boy is gay, hit like.

I cant come and go and kill myself cuz of pussy
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by jeromestarks: 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

I cant come and go and kill myself cuz of pussy
Try fresh pvssy of short girls. You won't regret it.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
jeromestarks:

Try fresh pvssy of short girls. You won't regret it.

U say it as if i can just look at them and nothing would happen

Even looking at them causes drama let alone talking to them or flirting or anything erotic

Life is crazy

Besides ,the girls that have money also have bombs in their heads and they are proud of the sparking in their brains

I am not sure of how to reduce the inferno in my mind

Anytime i think or view in that direction , a blast is more likely to occur.

I mean violence upon violence

It seems am destined to find everything so hard to find including where to ask where?
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by McStoic(m): 11:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

Okay na
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Ayatullah(m): 12:43am On Sep 24, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin

Christians should get wiser!

A man called Paul who NEVER met Jesus Christ in his time on earth wrote series of letters, wherein he distorted Jesus Christ's clear teachings and yet got his letters embedded in the bible. Are letters inspired words? How can you call the bible holy with all those distortions of the original teachings of Jesus Christ?

Paul is definitely a Fraud.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Ayatullah(m): 12:59am On Sep 24, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

You are not saying the truth.

Jesus has nothing to do with Christianity. Quite unfortunate that you have been consumed by the lying spirit of Paul.

Jesus Christ as a Jewishman clearly made it clear in your bible that:

"I have not come to destroy the laws of the Prophets but to fulfil it...."

Stop following Paul's teachings, Paul was a smart fraudulent 419er of his time.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by PaulH07: 3:56am On Sep 24, 2023
Truths9ja:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNyoPWYfGBY?si=kwBMJ3-jHvDcL5rB

Pastor Jimmy Odukoya defends his decision for dreading his hair and wearing jewelries

Video credit: bbcnewspidgin

This one just wants to appeal to the youth to cash out well.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by sharone21(f): 5:49am On Sep 24, 2023
Hmmmm
I felt grieved when his dad's 2nd wife died and he started posting his late mum's pix, he doesn't know that that was the last thing he would have done to his grieving dad. Maybe he thought his dad was man enough to overcome all emotional weights but sadly his dad succumbed to death and now he is unprepared for this mantle vested on him.
Bia, must a child inherit Pastoral position even if he doesnt feel prepared enough?
RIP to his dad.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by BALLOSKI: 6:44am On Sep 24, 2023
Black people are hypocrites. They hate their own. Where's the verse in the Quran or bible that says having long hair is bad? Why do we demonize our own?

Even Oyedepo or Adeboye, one of them , even told pastors in their churches not to wear beards. Can you imagine? And the pictures they believe to be that of Jesus is a bearded man. Just because they hate Islam, they criminalize what should ordinarily not be seen as an illegality.

Muslims were called osama, terrorists, etc, by them, now the hypocrites are now wearing beards now.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by lokito: 8:27am On Sep 24, 2023
Since he's now a pastor. All I expect from him is to cut the dreads and beards and look modest.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by LordCenturion(m): 2:24am On Sep 29, 2023
geoworldedu:

Paul, Barnabas, Peter is what I'm just hearing from the mouths of people that are products of Sango, Amadioha, Ogun and co. Nigeria and bible characters ehn. Otem where are you? We need you here.
hi geo,long time,how is life,pls i want to ask u if u hear anythng from otem?,i dont know why he keep mute for almost a year

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Tears The Holy Bible And Got Blasted (Photos) / TB Joshua Heals Man Who Has Persistent Erection After Sleeping With Prostitute / Prophet Mboro Asks Members To Wave Their Pants And Touch Their Private Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.