Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid (63824 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:10am On Sep 23, 2023
He is total disgrace,sold to devil,.Is obvious this guys behavior made his father pass away. angry SO SO SAD,TERRIBLE SON OF PERDITION. NO EXEMPLARY CONDUCT IN HIM, JUST DEVISH APPEARANCE,SHUN ALL APPEARANCE of EVIL ,HE ISangry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Expanse2020(m): 12:10am On Sep 23, 2023
TruthHurts1:
You didn't answer my question. Why does the koran in Surah 5:82 say that Christians are the closest to MOOslims while Jews hate MOOslims? Let me refresh your memory again:

Surah 5:82

You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers to be the Jews and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant.

Are you saying that Allah and MOOhaMAD are liars and the koran cannot be trusted?

You should ask yourself why Jesus came from Jew and up till today they didn't acknowledged him less than 2% of Xtians in Israel where u ppl go to Jerusalem all these years have taught about this question. Why Jew didnt accept xtainity since he preach to them
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 12:10am On Sep 23, 2023
tophempire:

Deep inside you eh, you know it's not true. Chances that you'd say the same about Buddhism if you were indian is above 70%.

Guy I almost left organised religion. I researched and concluded the only true one is Christianity.
It's the the one that gives credence to a Creator. God is real only inside christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:13am On Sep 23, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
He is total disgrace,sold to devil,.Is obvious this guys behavior made his father pass away. angry SO SO SAD,TERRIBLE SON OF PERDITION. NO EXEMPLARY CONDUCT IN HIM, JUST DEVISH APPEARANCE,SHUN ALL APPEARANCE of EVIL ,HE ISangry
He looks represent Satan and satanism,ppl staying with him are initiates angry

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 12:13am On Sep 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

Don't talk like you're the master of all knowledge. I focused on Palestine.
Now read the "historical analysis".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Palestinians

Stop the cap Mr Man...
U referred to modern nation of Israel. Stop twisting your mouth.
The evidence of religion u brought here was Israel and not Palestine.
Admit u goofed and move on.

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Expanse2020(m): 12:14am On Sep 23, 2023
stickle:

Well done but please resist the temptation of seeing bible as the opinion of the writer.

2Timothy 3:16 ' all scriptures are given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.....
Bros it's a complete opinion of writers self
Read Jeremiah 8vs8 you understand the bible had been tampered with.. while will bible said it's free and KJV family will be selling it, add and subtracting and telling revised version.
When Muslims read Bible they know the actual gospel teaching of prophet ISSA(Jesus) peace be upon him.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Expanse2020(m): 12:18am On Sep 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

Everybody is responsible for the choice he or she makes.
I'm a Christian not because of my parents or because I was born in it BUT because it's the only religion that gives evidence that God is real.
Other religions cannot defend the believe of a supernatural deity.
How do you know God is real
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 12:19am On Sep 23, 2023
tophempire:

LET ME ASK YOU THIS....

SOME FICTIONAL AVATAR WAS INVENTED BY THE ROMANS. YOU CLAIM HE IS YOUR SAVIOUR. NOW THIS JESUS WHO WAS BORN OF A WOMAN THAT GOT PREGNANT BY A SPIRIT. AND WAS BROUGHT DOWN TO EGYPT AND THEN DISAPEAR FOR OVER 20YRS AND THEN START DOING MIRACLE AT AGE 30, THREE YEARS LATER HE DIED AND WENT TO HELL AND RELEASE ALL THE SOULS THAT WAS KEPT IN HELL FROM ADAM AND THOSE SOULS WALKED AND DISCUSSED WITH THE LIVING AND ALL THIS IN ISRAEL OOH. THEN NO SINGLE PERSON COULD KEEP RECORD OF THOSE EVENTS, I NO TALK OF THE ONE WEY BROS JEE LET GOD SPEAK FROM HEAVEN SAYING THIS IS MY BELOVED SON BLABLABLA. IF YOU WERE THERE WONT YOU RECORD THAT EVENT DOWN

WHY WAS IT ONLY 4 FRIENDS OF THE JESUS YOUR SAVIOUR THAT HAD PEN AND PAPER TO WRITE IT😂😂😂

Your ignorance is nauseating. Read about first century Christianity if u want to be a sensible critic.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 12:22am On Sep 23, 2023
UncleKoboko:

Wetin consign Islam with una STUPIDITY, CONFUSION AND HYPOCRISY NOW?
Guy!
Just shut the fk up and mind your business!

He's your brother in black stone worshipping.
Na amebo carry am go wetin no concern am.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Etimemy: 12:24am On Sep 23, 2023
1Sharon:
Where is in the bible that dreads are a sin?

By their fruits we shall know them

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by jrusky(m): 12:25am On Sep 23, 2023
Mr man remove that earing and cut that mad man hair on your head and keep quiet.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by wildernessVoice: 12:26am On Sep 23, 2023
If the dreadlocks are natural, no problem but if artificial with beads; it's questionable for a Minister of the Gospel.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by stephenponti(m): 12:28am On Sep 23, 2023
Trying so hard to defend EVIL appearance to be white

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 12:28am On Sep 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

Explain it with the bible without quoting anything that has to do with Paul grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Luke 6:43-45
For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil;

1 Peter 3:3-5
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands,

Proverbs 11:22
Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman without discretion.

Matthew 7:15
“Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

No Paul's scripture quoted. As u can see Paul isn't the only one that preached modesty.
I can give u more if u want.

We don't follow Paul, we follow Jesus.

U Muslims are the most ignorant apologetics against the Christian faith.
U claim Paul changed the message of jesus but u cant prove it with the scriptures.
I have engaged 2 Muslims here on nairaland on this matter and they both failed woefully.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by gracechellar(f): 12:50am On Sep 23, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Hun! wetin he even sabi sef? A nollywood actor always fond of grabbing women in their butts suddenly turned pastor. I wonder what christendom is turning into. Work of God no be wasa oo. It's much more deeper than acting. If you're not truly called, don't go there. You face a lot of attacks spiritually. The devil will tempt you with lusts, covetousness and greed. Once you fall like this, l'obatan. Your church becomes a shadow of itself.

The way some denominations are turning Christianity into family affairs nowadays is worrisome. Once the owner dies, his child or wife automatically replaces him. Were all those congregations won for them by God their own? What of their donations? Why not pick one pastor amongst them to succeed the owner?I pity those attending such churches. Jesus Christ is enough as the example. Christianity is a religion and not business empire as many have taken it to be.

I wonder why most of these founders and their families didn't emulate Pa Akindayomi, the founder of RCCG who allowed the Holy spirit to pick his successor.

I pray for this young man not to fall. It won't be funny at all. See him comparing long hair with dreads grin. Na wah oo.

He didn't suddenly turn pastor. He's been one since 2009. Acting isn't real life.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Tetraozonaitera: 12:55am On Sep 23, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
cry

What about the tattoos.

Your question is nice. If you had permanent tattoos as a non christian does it me you can not be used by God if God wants to. It's the ear ring thing that I think should be done away with. Tattoos could be the permanent type.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Expanse2020(m): 1:01am On Sep 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

Jesus prayed to God not to a graven image or a stone.
My question remain valid. Will a Jew convert to Islam who is aware of this command from God go to Mecca bow to the black stone, circle round it multiple times and then kiss it.

Leviticus 26:1
‘You shall not make for yourselves idols, nor shall you set up for yourselves an image or a sacred pillar, nor shall you place a sacred stone in your land to bow down to it; for I am the Lord your God.

See Your life🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bros please check population of Israel and percentage of religion Islam come second after Judaism with 18.1 and xtianity is just 1.8 (they even meet Jesus and he preached for them oo🤣🤣) let me now burst your brain from bible
Isaiah 19 -26 which proof Makkah as a place of worship
Isaiah 19:19-25
19 On that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the centre of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord at its border . 20It will be a sign and a witness to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt; when they cry to the Lord because of oppressors, he will send them a saviour, and will defend and deliver them. 21The Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians; and the Egyptians will know the Lord on that day, and will worship with sacrifice and burnt-offering, and they will make vows to the Lord and perform them. 22The Lord will strike Egypt, striking and healing; they will return to the Lord, and he will listen to their supplications and heal them.

23 On that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria , and the Assyrian will come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians.

24 On that day Israel will be the third with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth , 25whom the Lord of hosts has blessed, saying, ‘Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my heritage.’ note the bolded word here
NOTE
YOU CAN CHECK THE WORLD Assyria with Google it means Asia and Saudi Aria is the place border with Egypt they are divided by the Red Sea. You can check Google for the references and remember to check which country is in the middle east of the world
Muslims speak with proof only🤣🤣
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by rapheal5(m): 1:31am On Sep 23, 2023
so dreadlock is not holy, Africans with we judge a book by it cover...God sees the the heart
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 1:40am On Sep 23, 2023
Expanse2020:
See Your life🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bros please check population of Israel and percentage of religion Islam come second after Judaism with 18.1 and xtianity is just 1.8 (they even meet Jesus and he preached for them oo🤣🤣)

U Muslims have started with your misinformation again. I just busted tollyboy with his lie and u here again with yours.
It's obvious it's a propaganda dished out in your mosques.

Now let me bust your lies...
The Muslims in Israel are not Jews. They are arabs whose ancestors did not relocate or expelled during the Israeli occupation of Palestine in 1948.

Expanse2020:

let me now burst your brain from bible
Isaiah 19 -26 which proof Makkah as a place of worship
Isaiah 19:19-25
19 On that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the centre of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord at its border . 20It will be a sign and a witness to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt; when they cry to the Lord because of oppressors, he will send them a saviour, and will defend and deliver them. 21The Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians; and the Egyptians will know the Lord on that day, and will worship with sacrifice and burnt-offering, and they will make vows to the Lord and perform them. 22The Lord will strike Egypt, striking and healing; they will return to the Lord, and he will listen to their supplications and heal them.

23 On that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria , and the Assyrian will come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians.

24 On that day Israel will be the third with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth , 25whom the Lord of hosts has blessed, saying, ‘Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my heritage.’ note the bolded word here

All this long epistle and u can't show me where the people bowed to the pillar.
Your answer to the pillar lies in v 20.
It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt.
So what's exactly is your point here...we talking of bowing to a graven image u talking of symbolic monument. How dem take relate.

Expanse2020:

NOTE
YOU CAN CHECK THE WORLD Assyria with Google it means Asia and Saudi Aria is the place border with Egypt they are divided by the Red Sea. You can check Google for the references

Guy stop the cap bro. Too much lies.
Enough of ignorance here. if u don't know something, study it first b4 forming an opinion.

Assyria means land of Ashur, and Ashur is a god.
Assyria has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia or Mecca.
Assyria is an ancient mesopotamia empire located in modern day Iraq, Syria and turkey. Even during there territorial expansion, they never reached Arabia peninsula.
Take a good look at the map of Assyria below and show me your Mecca.

Expanse2020:

Muslims speak with proof only🤣🤣

Proof indeed. Just lies up and down.

Answer my question, will a jew convert to Islam who was told by God not to bow to a stone now start bowing to the black stone, circle round it and finally kiss the stone.
Is that not paganism.
Check what God told us to do with sacred stone like the one in kabba.
Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and burn their Asherah poles in the fire; cut down the idols of their gods and wipe out their names from those places. deut 12.3

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by PepeXKermit: 1:41am On Sep 23, 2023
Caleb15:

Not attachment, check again.

His own is attachment.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 1:56am On Sep 23, 2023
Expanse2020:

Alaye no be rubbish na u no read Bible

Acts 21:26-32
26 So Paul went to the Temple the next day with the other men. They had already started the purification ritual, so he publicly announced the date when their vows would end and sacrifices would be offered for each of them. 27 The seven days were almost ended when some Jews from the province of Asia saw Paul in the Temple and roused a mob against him. They grabbed him, 28 yelling, “Men of Israel, help us! This is the man who preaches against our people everywhere and tells everybody to disobey the Jewish laws. He speaks against the Temple—and even defiles this holy place by bringing in Gentiles.” 29 (For earlier that day they had seen him in the city with Trophimus, a Gentile from Ephesus, and they assumed Paul had taken him into the Templ
30 The whole city was rocked by these accusations, and a great riot followed. Paul was grabbed and dragged out of the Temple, and immediately the gates were closed behind him. 31 As they were trying to kill him, word reached the commander of the Roman regiment that all Jerusalem was in an uproar. 32 He immediately called out his soldiers and officers and ran down among the crowd. When the mob saw the commander and the troops coming, they stopped beating Paul.
🤣🤣🤣Bible na wayo

What exactly is your point.
Are u saying those that beat Paul were Jesus followers? Do u mean those that accused Paul were Christians or Jesus disciples? Is that what u saying ?
I need to understand you so that I would know the best way to crush u.

Meanwhile this is what Peter said about Paul's teaching. I do hope u know who is Peter.

2 Peter 3
15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 Paul writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Obviously u among the unstable and ignorant according to Peter.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Yankee101: 2:30am On Sep 23, 2023
It’s not biblical
Decide if you’re still an actor or pastor
I expected you’ll remove the tattoo, non natural dreads and earrings before you start preaching fake doctrines

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Albinoflash(m): 2:39am On Sep 23, 2023
quote author=Exodus15v11 post=125960329]The dreads are not bad but his are fake, so that's where the problem is for me. And the earrings are also a no-no. A male Pastor has no business wearing earrings. Nah, take them out. All these worldly Pastors these days, smh. If you want to be a thug, you're in the wrong profession, bruh.

Rest in heavenly peace, Dr.Charles Stanley 🕊. This is the only Pastor I'll forever listen to. A true man of God. [/quote]have you listened to apostle Michael mrakpo or even Joshua selman,those men are Gods mouth piece for this generation
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 2:46am On Sep 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

Stop the cap Mr Man...
U referred to modern nation of Israel. Stop twisting your mouth.
The evidence of religion u brought here was Israel and not Palestine.
Admit u goofed and move on.
You're the ignorant one here. I was talking about Israeli who are Muslims and you're twisting it to look like those practicing Islam in Israel are not native to the land. Since according to your beer parlor analysis anyone practicing Islam in the middle east is Arab so i decided to use Palestine as an example who are also inhabitant of Canaan before the split and now practicing Islam expect you are ignorantly claiming Palestine (philistine) are not natives to that same region.

During the Arab conquest there were mixture between the Israel, Palestine and Arabs and many locals decide to convert to Islam simple. That doesn't mean converting to Islam does not make them Jew or inter marrying with Arab doesn't make them Jew anymore lol. In fact the Israeli should have more dominant DNA over the Arabs that might have settled and mixed with the locals.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Yankee101: 2:50am On Sep 23, 2023
Imagine quoting the Bible when the children of Israel where under rebellion and built an idol to worship as an excuse for your earrings. Wow!

Please don’t send your kids abroad to school when too young. I live here and I see what’s happening. Minimum masters or with supervision for first degree. They do all kinds of things.

Let’s use the same Old Testament he’s quoting in case anyone thinks Paul was too strict.

Tattoos

Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord.

19:28

Leviticus

Earrings

And Gideon said to them, “Let me make a request of you: every one of you give me the earrings from his spoil.” (For they had golden earrings, because they were Ishmaelites.)

8:24
Judges

A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God

22:5

Deuteronomy
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 2:57am On Sep 23, 2023
Yankee101:
Imagine quoting the Bible when the children of Israel where under rebellion and built an idol to worship as an excuse for your earrings. Wow!

Please don’t send your kids abroad to school when too young. I live here and I see what’s happening. Minimum masters or with supervision for first degree. They do all kinds of things.
They've been using earings before the rebel. So earing became bad because they calved a bull or what?

Don't add laws to the bible.

Gold Rings In The Finger, Nose and Ear

The Hebrew word nezem appears 17 times in the Old Testament. It is translated in a variety of ways such as: gold rings for women (Genesis 24:22, 30), a nose ring for a women (Genesis 24:47) and earrings for Jacob’s wives (Genesis 35:4). In Exodus 32:2-3; 35:22 we are told that the Israelite wives, sons and daughters had earrings. Since the sons had earrings, most likely the husbands or adult men wore earrings also. Most likely this was a custom in Egypt that the Israelites adopted. In Judges 8:24-26 we find that the Ishmaelites gave up their gold rings (nezem), but we are not told what types of gold rings they were wearing. In Proverbs 11:22 nezem is used of gold rings in the snout of swine. In Proverbs 25:12 nezem is generally translated as earrings. Nezem is used of nose rings in Isaiah 3:21. But in both Job 42:11 and Hosea 2:13, nezem should be simply translated as a “ring or rings” as in modern Bible versions because that is the basic meaning of the word. The context must be considered to determine if the ring is for the finger, nose or earring.

https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-qa/qa-archives/question/does-job-4211-teach-that-god-approves-of-men-wearing-earrings/
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by Yankee101: 3:05am On Sep 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

They've been using earings before the rebel. So earing became bad because they calved a bull or what?

Don't add laws to the bible.
And Gideon said to them, “Let me make a request of you: every one of you give me the earrings from his spoil.” (For they had golden earrings, because they were Ishmaelites.)

Judges 8: 24
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 3:15am On Sep 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

Luke 6:43-45
For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil;

1 Peter 3:3-5
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands,

Proverbs 11:22
Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman without discretion.

Matthew 7:15
“Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

No Paul's scripture quoted. As u can see Paul isn't the only one that preached modesty.
I can give u more if u want.

We don't follow Paul, we follow Jesus.

U Muslims are the most ignorant apologetics against the Christian faith.
U claim Paul changed the message of jesus but u cant prove it with the scriptures.
I have engaged 2 Muslims here on nairaland on this matter and they both failed woefully.
First of all it seems you're confusing modesty with your personal idea of how someone should look.

from oxford
1. the quality or state of being unassuming in the estimation of one's abilities.
"with typical modesty he insisted on sharing the credit with others".

2. the quality of being relatively moderate, limited, or small in amount, rate, or level.
"the modesty of his political aspirations".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/modesty
1 : the quality of not being too proud or confident about yourself or your abilities.
2 : propriety in dress, speech, or conduct.

Your standard of modesty has not been proven to come from through the bible. None of this chapter you quoted condemned dreadlocks or earnings. Or do you need me to explain those bible verse to you again?

You've started again! reading the bible and attributing extra verses from your head to it to you give yourself some virtual examples lol. I read the verses and i don't think you calm down when reading bible, lol.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 3:19am On Sep 23, 2023
Yankee101:

What are you trying to say? lol grin .

Ishmaelites were the only one using earrings? grin
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 3:24am On Sep 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

You're the ignorant one here. I was talking about Israeli who are Muslims and you're twisting it to look like those practicing Islam in Israel are not native to the land. Since according to your beer parlor analysis anyone practicing Islam in the middle east is Arab so i decided to use Palestine as an example who are also inhabitant of Canaan before the split and now practicing Islam expect you are ignorantly claiming Palestine (philistine) are not natives to that same region.

During the Arab conquest there were mixture between the Israel, Palestine and Arabs and many locals decide to convert to Islam simple. That doesn't mean converting to Islam does not make them Jew or inter marrying with Arab doesn't make them Jew anymore lol. In fact the Israeli should have more dominant DNA over the Arabs that might have settled and mixed with the locals.

Which locals in Palestine are u yarning about. Arabs or Jews?
When did u even start mentioning Palestine on this thread? Haven't u been talking about Israel until I pointed out your ignorance and u suddenly switched to Palestine.

Let me make it simple for u. The Muslims living in present day nation of Israel, are they Jews or Arabs?

The fact that u even mentioned Canaan and philistine in modern day middle east shows u don't know jack about what u talking about.
Both are old ethnic civilisation that stopped existing more than a thousand yrs ago.

Go and study the history of middles and Levant region.
Bye.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by tollyboy5(m): 3:26am On Sep 23, 2023
Yankee101:

Just like your colleague the way read that verse it was sounding in your head like " Oya gimme those demonic earing angry , God sey make una no use am" .

Because i don't understand your reference to that verse lol, i don't think you even understand yourself.
Re: Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid by SIRTee15: 3:35am On Sep 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

First of all it seems you're confusing modesty with your personal idea of how someone should look.

from oxford
1. the quality or state of being unassuming in the estimation of one's abilities.
"with typical modesty he insisted on sharing the credit with others".

2. the quality of being relatively moderate, limited, or small in amount, rate, or level.
"the modesty of his political aspirations".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/modesty
1 : the quality of not being too proud or confident about yourself or your abilities.
2 : propriety in dress, speech, or conduct.

Your standard of modesty has not been proven to come from through the bible. None of this chapter you quoted condemned dreadlocks or earnings. Or do you need me to explain those bible verse to you again?

You've started again! reading the bible and attributing extra verses from your head to it to you give yourself some virtual examples lol. I read the verses and i don't think you calm down when reading bible, lol.

You not gonna tell me what modest appearance mean in the bible.
It's not until u cover yourself with multiple garments and turn into a masquerade that u are modest.

However u brought here the definition of modesty.

propriety in dress, speech, or conduct.
Now do u know what propriety mean, do u actually understand the meaning of that word...propriety. I'm sure u don't.

Now check the meaning and apply it to the subject of discuss here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"She Lured Him Into Sex And This Happened" / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. / Foluke Adeboye Made Puff-Puff For #EndSARS Protesters (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.