Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? (4451 Views)

Lady Slams Her Fiancé Who Slept With Her Friend On Their Anniversary Day / Man Who Slept With 7 Friends & 2 Sisters Exposed On Facebook / Married Woman Who Slept With Ex-Boyfriend During Pregnancy Lands In 'Trouble' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by luminouz(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Something is wrong with you for asking this stupid question.
K
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Namaster: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2023
Mustiboy:

Insightful, thank you very much.

We're seeking legal redress as I speak. Letting it slide will make it seem okay.

There's nothing okay about having sex with a sixteen-year-old girl, more so coming from a married man

You guys are doing great!

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Hubeznigeria(m): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
HarunaWest:
let's not be quick to judge. First of all be certain that the married man is aware of her age before taking any action. Yall should confirm from her if she made the man aware that she was still a minor. Children of nowadays grow so fast and alot of them lie. Nigeria law doesn't stipulate that you must present a birth certificate before sex can be initiated grin. Its a tad bit tricky. If however, the man is aware, just go to your local government secretariat and report him to social service. It will be taken up from there. Such crime is considered as rape and he might spend his lifetime behind bars.
No matter how fast they grow, you still know they are children. Why didn't the man ask her age. Why should she be the one to preinform the man of her age? I guess it convenient for you to sit behind your keyboards and type this because she is not your sister. I just hope it's not even what I am thinking

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by jamesversion: 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
Fountainofyouth and Namaster, I appreciate your contributions but I'm stating the failure of the girl in heeding instructions to avoid/desist from premarital sex until when ready for it.

Any sexually active girl can be impregnated by any male who produces quality semen. Would her case be any better if it were a 16year old boy that impregnated her, i think not. So at the end of the day, her future has been significantly altered and the male will rather go on with his notmal life.

In all, the family should take actions they feel is in the best interest of their daughter. But as for the girl, that pregnancy and future childbirth will alter so much for her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by siofra(f): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
UcheKingsley1:

She wasn't a virgin after all. Our generation is gone, Titkok, social media frenzy, and lack of contentment has polluted our teenagers all around the world not only in Nigeria.

Best, let Nigeria and world government bring down age of consent to 16years to save men from all these pretentious stress, a 16yrs old girl has started fvcking different diccks and old enough to know what's right and wrong. You can't tell me otherwise.

Don't claim you don't know what Im talking about, judging by the high level of sexual immorality nowadays even in secondary schools we see all these everyday and claim she is a minor, but what about her pussy, indecent dressing, composure and silly acts that are not minors.

Fvck the hipocrysy.

You people are not well o!
You're not even holding the old man accountable for his actions, as a mature adult with fully developed brain.
All the blame is on the way women dress.

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by KingAzubuike(f): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
let your friend not take laws into his hands , report to police .

Use like three army men pick an up ,keep raining slaps and blows till he reaches station.

As for the 16 years old girl let her keep the baby since her leg no gree stay one place.
Na your type don turn nigerian army to jobless people. Even yahoo boys dey use army harass people .
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kevineleven(m): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
So 16 is a minor? wow I no know o, naim be say......
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by AlphaHakimi: 2:23pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nigeria is a complex society.

It is wrong that a married man slept with a 16year old girl. However, if the man was not aware of her age, or he did not forcefully lure her to bed, then that's a new perspective.

You see, parents do not properly explain the dangers of premarital/underage sex to children. They tie every form of explanation to religion. The truth is that, underage sex is bad because it basically distorts the chances of having a bright future particularly for the girl child.

The man has 50% of the blame while the girl has 50% of the blame.

Since the girl is young, I encourage the parents to stand by her, give her Encouragement, give her support, give her a shoulder to lean on so that she will not feel dejected and abandoned.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Mustiboy(m): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
AlphaHakimi:

It is wrong that a married man slept with a 16year old girl. However, if the man was not aware of her age, or he did not forcefully lure her to bed, then that's a new perspective.

You see, parents do not properly explain the dangers of premarital/underage sex to children. They tie every form of explanation to religion. The truth is that, underage sex is bad because it basically distorts the chances of having a bright future particularly for the girl child.

Since the girl is young, I encourage the parents to stand by her, give her Encouragement, give her support, give her a shoulder to lean on so that she will not feel dejected and abandoned.

Shalom

Thanks
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
HarunaWest:
let's not be quick to judge. First of all be certain that the married man is aware of her age before taking any action. Yall should confirm from her if she made the man aware that she was still a minor. Children of nowadays grow so fast and alot of them lie. Nigeria law doesn't stipulate that you must present a birth certificate before sex can be initiated grin. Its a tad bit tricky. If however, the man is aware, just go to your local government secretariat and report him to social service. It will be taken up from there. Such crime is considered as rape and he might spend his lifetime behind bars.
If you are this confused when realizing the age of the person you are dealing with then maybe it is time the law stipulates age verification before sex then. Making sure this man and others like him are properly prosecuted is also the best way about that. undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
AlphaHakimi:

Shalom
Wrong! By law, the man is 100% at fault here. Even if the girl was dancing naked all over him , he remains 100% at fault. Why? Because he is an adult and hence responsible by law. undecided

There is nothing complex about the Nigerian situation so stop spewing this bullsheet when the law is clear. undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by HarunaWest(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you are this confused when realizing the age of the person you are dealing with then maybe it is time the law stipulates age verification before sex then. Making sure this man and others like him are properly prosecuted is also the best way about that. undecided
Yeah other countries, you owe it as a duty to verify. But Nigerian law isn't concise enough. It just states 18 years old. What if a 16 year old or 17 years old tells you that she is 18 years verbally, how are you supposed to investigate on a norms? I have seen children of 16 years hanging out men and they feel cool about it...You cant even advice them, you go explain tire.. It's a norms out here. So laws should be made more explicit if not people will keep getting away with sex with minors.
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
HarunaWest:
Yeah other countries, you owe it as a duty to verify. But Nigerian law isn't concise enough. It just states 18 years old. What if a 16 year old or 17 years old tells you that she is 18 years verbally, how are you supposed to investigate on a norms? I have seen children of 16 years hanging out men and they feel cool about it...You cant even advice them, you go explain tire.. It's a norms out here. So laws should be made more explicit if not people will keep getting away with sex with minors.
The Law is meant for the adults, not the children. So, instead tell the adults that the Law holds them 100% at fault in such situations. The Law is clear on this so I am not sure what your particular confusion is.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by HarunaWest(m): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hubeznigeria:

No matter how fast they grow, you still know they are children. Why didn't the man ask her age. Why should she be the one to preinform the man of her age? I guess it convenient for you to sit behind your keyboards and type this because she is not your sister. I just hope it's not even what I am thinking
A typical Nigerian. Yall get too sentimental cum emotional with your reasoning. The burden of consent lies on both the minor and the adult. Aren't you aware that most teenage girls want to feel among in recent times? Children of 14years old now have android phones. You find them on Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat,Instagram et al. Why do we act like hypocrites in this country, we watch moral decadence and we do nothing about it, but when it's time to criticise, we sharpen our mouths like razor blade to condemn quickly. Can't you ask yourself why a child of 16 years old will comfortably date a married man and get impregnated by him if not moral decadence?. What role has her parents played from the get go? When the Neighbours or community witnessed this anomaly, what did they do about? Truth is Nigeria has lost its moral compass all round. For your second question, if she was my sister, I will confirm first from her is she made the man aware that she was underage before I take any action.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
HarunaWest:
A typical Nigerian. Yall get too sentimental cum emotional with your reasoning. The burden of consent lies on both the minor and the adult. Aren't you aware that most teenage girls want to feel among in recent times? Children of 14years old now have android phones. You find them on Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat,Instagram et al. Why do we act like hypocrites in this country, we watch moral decadence and we do nothing about it, bit when it's time to criticise, we sharpen our mouths like razor blade to condemn quickly. Can't you ask yourself why a child of 16 years old will comfortably date a married man and get impregnated by him if not moral decadence?. What role has her parents played from the get go? When the Neighbours or community witnessed this anomaly, what did they do about? Truth is Nigeria has lost its moral compass all round. For your second question, if she was my sister, I will confirm first from her is she made the man aware that she was underage before I take any action.
What you described happens every day and everywhere on the planet and it is for that reason that laws are made to protect their gullible minds from predators like those married men who are aware of the very reason those kids gravitate towards them. undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by HarunaWest(m): 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Law is meant for the adults, not the children. So, instead tell the adults that the Law holds them 100% at fault in such situations. The Law is clear on this so I am not sure what your particular confusion is.. undecided
You not still getting it. The law just says you have to be 18 to consent to sex. It didn't ask the adult to seek any sort of evidence for confirmatory purpose. It just says 18 years old shikenah. Trust me if the minor told the adult that she was 18, whereas she wasn't up to,with a good lawyer, the paedophile will walk scot free and nothing will happen. Its high time our laws are explicit, unambiguous and effective. If not na cruise all of us dey for this Naija.
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Bnno: 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
guy mind your business
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by HarunaWest(m): 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What you described happens every day and everywhere on the planet and it is for that reason that laws are made to protect their gullible minds from predators like those married men who are aware of the very reason those kids gravitate towards them. undecided
Well it's time those laws are strengthened and totally enforced. The other say I watched a video clip, a lady was raped and the police officer was blaming her for dressing indecently.
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
HarunaWest:
You not still getting it. The law just says you have to be 18 to consent to sex. It didn't ask the adult to seek any sort of evidence for confirmatory purpose.
■ It just says 18 years old shikenah.
■ Trust me if the minor told the adult that she was 18, whereas she wasn't up to,with a good lawyer, the paedophile will walk scot free and nothing will happen. Its high time our laws are explicit, unambiguous and effective. If not na cruise all of us dey for this Naija
The Law which you quote there literally tells you, the adult, that if the person you have sex with is not 18, you are a rapist. It basically places the onus on you to ensure you are having sex only with non-minors even if it means checking their birth certificates for proof. lipsrsealed

So why are you stuck on insisting it the Law has to first state you are to seek evidence before sex? Are you re-tarded? undecided

2. That is all the Law needs to say though. undecided

3. So you never knew before now that minors can tell lies? You think telling an arresting officer that a minor claimed to be 18 means you are in the safe or something? Which good lawyer will take on such an obviously stewpid client? undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
HarunaWest:
■ Well it's time those laws are strengthened and totally enforced. The other say I watched a video clip, a lady was raped and the police officer was blaming her for dressing indecently.
Your argument against current law is bullsheet though! Commonsense among non-retards is that if you cannot confirm the age of a current potential sex partner, abandon and move on to one you can. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2023
HarunaWest:
■ Well it's time those laws are strengthened and totally enforced. The other say I watched a video clip, a lady was raped and the police officer was blaming her for dressing indecently.
What you described is not the Law but the stewpidity of a Nigerian who happens to be a policeman. undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
tommy589:
Is the man denying the pregnancy? If not, don't press charges, bring him on board to support the girl upkeep
So, only report the crime in the case that the man is accepting the pregnancy? Why are you people like this when it comes to dealing with the law? Do you think his acceptance of the child makes the crime disappear? undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
lordnkem000:
Abeg free the guy joor. Blame the girl for it. 16yrs for naija now don wise and no be small pikin again. Infact na Dem go give u pvssy u go run. Just show the girl love and care, tell the man to take care of his responsibility, that's what u guys can do now, because if u hurt the man, u hurt the girl because pikin need him papa. Except una ready to take care of the pikin and the mama
The Law 100% blames the adult when an adult engages a minor in sex. The Law literally condemns you as a rapist if you were to have intercourse with a minor. It doesn't matter to the Law whether the minor lied or danced naked all over you, the moment you have sexual intercourse with a minor, you are legally condemned as a rapist by the Law. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
I condemn sex with minor but if it's not rape, I suggest you tread with caution. As Nigeria is now, you can't tell who took advantage of the other between the he-goat married man and the 16yr old vaginarian. Some of us strict gentlemen know what we see in the hands of the so called minors.
So the Law which condemns any adult who sleeps with a minor as a rapist is wrong? undecided
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by lordnkem000(m): 11:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Law 100% blames the adult when an adult engages a minor in sex. The Law literally condemns you as a rapist if you were to have intercourse with a minor. It doesn't matter to the Law whether the minor lied or danced naked all over you, the moment you have sexual intercourse with a minor, you are legally condemned as a rapist by the Law. undecided
Then the law is misguided or unfair my friend. Times have changed, 16y olds of today aren't the same 16y olds 90s and 80s. The law should also be updated just like constitutions are amended
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
lordnkem000:
■ Then the law is misguided or unfair my friend. Times have changed, 16y olds of today aren't the same 16y olds 90s and 80s. The law should also be updated just like constitutions are amended
What does it matter your personal assessment of 16-year-olds from decades ago where the Law is concerned? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by stanliwise(m): 12:10am On Sep 24, 2023
jaeyking:
If the person responsible is above 18years
You could charge the person to court for statutory rape.

But are you ready to put your family and girl through that stress

If the person is below 18,
I will advice the person accepts the pregnancy but Ur friends family should take care of their daughter
Just to avoid cases of the girl been maltreated

But in all
Please don't pursue that girl
Take care of her and the pregnancy
Na una let rape reach this state o. Which one is do you want to pass through that stress?

Someone is sleeping with a minor and the next thing is to let him keep roaming and causing havoc

This man is a paedophiles, until the day he does it to an 8 years old you will want to start finding justice. My advice is let’s shun stigma and fight demon in our Society with all our might

5 Likes

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:16am On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What does it matter your personal assessment of 16-year-olds from decades ago where the Law is concerned? undecided

Are u trying to defend?
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by czarr(m): 12:58am On Sep 24, 2023
Leggodeals:
Any society that fails to protect its women and children will fail. It's not a curse, it's a spiritual principle
No such spiritual principle. Stop saying rubbish.

Everyone should be protected, Men, women and children. No one should be prioritized over the other.
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Kobojunkie: 1:50am On Sep 24, 2023
tommy589:
■ There is no problem if that is how you talk to my age mates in your lineage.
■ To your own infantile understanding from the write up she was raped. Someone who has never bear the responsibilities to others daily well being are not difficult to know. You have never nurse a child, not to talk of a wife.
■ Professor Milo Mugu, some of the western nations,like US, that stirred your "by the book" activist, have their age of consent from 16-18.
Stop exposing your ignorance. Tell us where the girl mentioned she was raped or had sex with her severally. What's posted is she was likely lured with money
1. Stop spewing bullsheet! Your Law tells you that she was raped. undecided

2. What has raising a child to do with knowing what the Law says? undecided

3. Oh now you want the West to come run things for your Nigeria? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by Hubeznigeria(m): 4:12am On Sep 24, 2023
HarunaWest:
A typical Nigerian. Yall get too sentimental cum emotional with your reasoning. The burden of consent lies on both the minor and the adult. Aren't you aware that most teenage girls want to feel among in recent times? Children of 14years old now have android phones. You find them on Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat,Instagram et al. Why do we act like hypocrites in this country, we watch moral decadence and we do nothing about it, but when it's time to criticise, we sharpen our mouths like razor blade to condemn quickly. Can't you ask yourself why a child of 16 years old will comfortably date a married man and get impregnated by him if not moral decadence?. What role has her parents played from the get go? When the Neighbours or community witnessed this anomaly, what did they do about? Truth is Nigeria has lost its moral compass all round. For your second question, if she was my sister, I will confirm first from her is she made the man aware that she was underage before I take any action.
Because they want to feel among you as the adult person should help them feel among. Interesting. Nice moniker
Re: How Do We Deal With Someone Who Slept With A Minor? by HarunaWest(m): 6:16am On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Law which you quote there literally tells you, the adult, that if the person you have sex with is not 18, you are a rapist. It basically places the onus on you to ensure you are having sex only with non-minors even if it means checking their birth certificates for proof. lipsrsealed

So why are you stuck on insisting it the Law has to first state you are to seek evidence before sex? Are you re-tarded? undecided

2. That is all the Law needs to say though. undecided

3. So you never knew before now that minors can tell lies? You think telling an arresting officer that a minor claimed to be 18 means you are in the safe or something? Which good lawyer will take on such an obviously stewpid client? undecided
When people like you have a weak argument,instead of reinforcing your claim, you resort to insults. I am sure you have never been to a court room to witness proceedings, so do have a nice day. Gracias.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Men: Simple Approachable Lady or a Hard-to-Get? / Prefers An Ibo Man To A Yoruba Man / Ladies: Huge Or Lanky Cute Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.