Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? (6911 Views)

Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by correctguy101(m): 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't follow please. Insecurity is aftterall an issue of this world. If they are concerned about it then what makes them heavenly citizens? undecided

The gist is...

They say they're "temporary residents" in this world.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by lakefist(m): 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This is where you know how useless religion is. So, your mogs and pastors who collect money from you all cannot provide you the protection you require, yet you continue to worship them. Well, the only option left is to depend on your government but how many of you pay taxes or pay attention to the political and economic situation in your communities? You all know so much about the business of your pastors and mogs but not that, sadly! undecided

Eleribu Omo ofo!
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by JasonNOTStatham: 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You don't need to mention it as it is obvious from your post whose ideas you cling to aka worship. I mean aren't you the one who blatantly rejected Christ's command of peace between you and your fellow men in some posts up there? undecided
This is why I recommended reading before response. I used the words Christians/believers relating to this topic with minor insight (bolded in quoted post) for those who fail to read properly.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by GodHimself: 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
The very premise of Christianity is non-resistance to evil.

Anything contrary to this is not aligned with what Jesus taught.

If you are attacked, persecuted, killed and murdered, do not resist.
If you are slapped, do not resist.
If you are exploited, do not resist.
If you have been cheated, do not go to court or resist.

A tough pill to swallow.

JasonNOTStatham:

An eye for an eye would throw everything in chaos but, there must be something that says "keep off" don't dare us.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
JasonNOTStatham:
This is why I recommended reading before response. I used the words Christians/believers relating to this topic with minor insight (bolded in quoted post) for those who fail to read properly.
You Christians trust and obey ---- worship--- your gods of men and not Jesus Christ. Ofcourse you pretend you can hide this behind your many mentions of the name of God but...anyone with eyes knows who your real gods are. undecided
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by DARLINGTON869(m): 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This is where you know how useless religion is. So, your mogs and pastors who collect money from you all cannot provide you the protection you require, yet you continue to worship them. Well, the only option left is to depend on your government but how many of you pay taxes or pay attention to the political and economic situation in your communities? You all know so much about the business of your pastors and mogs but not that, sadly! undecided

You need healing and you need it fast
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
■ You need healing and you need it fast
Heal yourself first! undecided
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2023
lakefist:
■ Eleribu Omo ofo!
Oh, did I hit a nerve there by pointing out that since you serve your gods of men you ought to demand protection from them? undecided

You give them your money, your life and your time so if they use it to protect themselves why should they equally use it to protect you too? undecided
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Nukilia: 1:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
Tallesty1:
While Israel give it to their enemies hot hot, Christians in Nigeria are waiting for the God of Israel to fight their battle.

Judaism is the religion of the people of Israel
Judaism teaches you to deal with your enemies ruthlessly. Christians were taught to love those that persecute them. A touch of Judaism in Nigeria Christianity will spell doom for terrorists grin
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

Hahahaha didn't he run for his life because his time hadn't complete yet?

Your understanding is topnotch cool

You get stupid trying to defend your earlier stupidity !

You just said "Jesus ran for his life." and "Jesus went back to Jerusalem" where His enemies were and yet you pretend not to see the contradiction.

Obviously your reasonability and intelligence has expired. Go and renew
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by godofuck231: 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
Ill ask my daddy hold on

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Corrections: 1:18pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

He didn't carry knife everywhere sir.
He only did at the night of Jesus's arrest.
Jesus rebuked him when he cut the servant's ear.

After Jesus's ascension, the apostles's and early church never took anything into their hands. They solely relied on God for protection and they knew they would face persecutions. They were harmless.

cheesy grin grin were you there to know that he only carried the weapon once?? grin grin sad sad sad
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Corrections: 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

He didn't carry knife everywhere sir.
He only did at the night of Jesus's arrest.
Jesus rebuked him when he cut the servant's ear.

After Jesus's ascension, the apostles's and early church never took anything into their hands. They solely relied on God for protection and they knew they would face persecutions. They were harmless.

Harmless you say? What does it mean to be harmless? Its meaning is deeper than you think if you care to find out.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You get stupid trying to defend your earlier stupidity !

You just said "Jesus ran for his life." and "Jesus went back to Jerusalem" where His enemies were and yet you pretend not to see the contradiction.

Obviously your reasonability and intelligence has expired. Go and renew
Na you dé talk wetin you no know o lol cheesy

Why did Jesus run and why did he come back?

He ran because his time hadn't yet come and he entered Jerusalem because his time had come to die for mankind.

Stop displaying your foolishness here.
Go and argue with someone at the same level as you. I'm done smiley

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2023
Corrections:

Harmless you say? What does it mean to be harmless? Its meaning is deeper than you think if you care to find out.
I mean they wouldn't carry weapons to harm anyone or fight for themselves regardless.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
Corrections:

cheesy grin grin were you there to know that he only carried the weapon once?? grin grin sad sad sad
So how did you know it was everywhere?
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Corrections: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
GodHimself:
The very premise of Christianity is non-resistance to evil.

Anything contrary to this is not aligned with what Jesus taught.

If you are attacked, persecuted, killed and murdered, do not resist.
If you are slapped, do not resist.
If you are exploited, do not resist.
If you have been cheated, do not go to court or resist.

A tough pill to swallow.

Preventing attack is different from revenging attack. All what you wrote there are about revenging. Did Jesus teach Christians not to prevent attack?

Just asking!!!!!
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

...Why did Jesus run and why did he come back?..smiley

Is that not a contradiction to your run away only response to the thread till I reminded you that he also went back to them and now you are saying "because, because".?

You are talking rubbish here confidently instead of real eyesing that you do not know what you thought you knew
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by MrBroke(m): 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
Get a glock and pray for peace but if things go south you load the glock and shoot.
Unfortunately for Niger na Church stickers and alleged holy water and oil na him dem dey use for physical fight. grin grin.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by chiefolododo(m): 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
it is better not to talk out of hatred. Whose job is it to secure lives and properties? The government or the pastor ? The president and the governor are the chief security officers of their territories .
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Smitaro100(m): 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

I'm beginning to wonder, are you even a Christian let alone knowing the definition of a true Christians smiley

Naso Christian dé insult people up and down abi SMH undecided undecided

I'm not your brother in any way wink

cheesy
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
PHYSICAL DEFENCE IS NOT A SIN sad
BUT IS BETTER TO PRAY VIOLENTLY AHEAD TO AVERT PHYSICALS,SO YOU DONT HAVE TO SPILL HUMAN BLOOD.
Pray without ceassing,because the days areas stipulated by the Holy Book.Because the days are so evil with increased poverty caused by heavy rise in greed of few evil lifestyle people.

I ALWAYS ADVOCATE "MOVING PRAYER" VIBRATING IN YOUR HEART AS YOU STRIVE AFTER GOD FROM MORNING TO NIGHT,THIS IS VERY EFFECTIVE LIFESTYLE THAT KEEP YOU AT PEACE.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Paragon22: 1:59pm On Sep 24, 2023
Elsudani2:
Gun for guns. Knives for knives.

Bomb for bomb

I have been saying this thing like for ever but some people who are assistant god will tell you to turn your face if they slap the right side.

Simple something get a gun if you can't carry dagger around even in church if any mother fvcker screen blasphemy near you dagger e neck .

Christians should be brutal , if them like tag you terrorist good and fine .

Even Jesus disciples where armed with dagger that was why peter could remove the ear of someone.

He did not pray for that point of defense.

Exactly my point.

The Bible says if your enemy slaps your right cheek, turn the left side. But what if he goes ahead to slap your left cheek? GIVE AM HEAVY BLOW FOR TEETH.

Christians should learn how to instil horrible fear into the other religions. Damage them without mercy.

In the Bible days, God will command the Israelites “Utterly slay every man and woman including the children”. So, While we love, let's be dangerous to danger.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Corrections: 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

I mean they wouldn't carry weapons to harm anyone or fight for themselves regardless.

cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin grin.

F. U. N. N. Y
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Is that not a contradiction to your run away only response to the thread till I reminded you that he also went back to them and now you are saying "because, because".?

You are talking rubbish here confidently instead of real eyesing that you do not know what you thought you knew
Did Jesus run for his life or not?
And why did he run?

I'll never be an idiot undecided undecided
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
Elsudani2:

Bomb for bomb

I have been saying this thing like for ever but some people who are assistant god will tell you to turn your face if they slap the right side.

Simple something get a gun if you can't carry dagger around even in church if any mother fvcker screen blasphemy near you dagger e neck .

Even Jesus disciples where armed with dagger that was why peter could remove the ear of someone.

NO NO NO! THAT IS NOT WHAT CHRIST PREACHED. CHRIST NEVER PREACHED VIOLENCE.
IS OK TO DEFENCE YOURSELF AGAINST VIOLENCE,BUT IT IS BETTER TO PRAY AHEAD TO CONQUER IT B4 IT HAPPENS.SHALOM!
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
Elsudani2:

Bomb for bomb

NO NO NO! THAT IS NOT WHAT CHRIST PREACHED. CHRIST NEVER PREACHED VIOLENCE.
IS OK TO DEFENCE YOURSELF AGAINST VIOLENCE,BUT IT IS BETTER TO PRAY AHEAD TO CONQUER IT B4 IT HAPPENS.SHALOM! angry
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

Did Jesus run for his life or not?
And why did he run?

I'll never be an idiot undecided undecided

Look Cornel, I do respect you for your general reasonable conduct and I love you for it and I hate having to be unpleasant with you, so let's not continue this for the bible is clear for all to see whether they understand or not.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by kabillionaire(m): 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2023
Ask the Roman Catholic Knight Templers and the early Popes that spear headed the then crusades.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 2:23pm On Sep 24, 2023
kabillionaire:
Ask the Roman Catholic Knight Templers and the early Popes that spear headed the then crusades.
Those were never real Christians.
Jesus disciples and the early churches never committed those atrocities done by the Roman Catholics.

We are to love our friends, brothers, neighbours and enemies. And be harmless as dove.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Look Cornel, I do respect you for your general reasonable conduct and I love you for it and I hate having to be unpleasant with you, so let's not continue this for the bible is clear for all to see whether they understand or not.
I don't even know what you're arguing against in my post lol
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kei144(m): 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2023
Christianity is weak without the divine power. Christianity without the divine power requires physical weapons for defence; that is the prevailing situation in the world today. However, Christianity that operates the divine power is very dangerous.

Jn. 18:3 So Judas came to the grove, guiding a detachment of soldiers and some officials from the chief priests and Pharisees. They were carrying torches, lanterns and weapons.
Jn. 18:4 Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, “Who is it you want?”
Jn. 18:5 “Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “I am he,” Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.)
Jn. 18:6 When Jesus said, “I am he,” they drew back and fell to the ground.
Jn. 18:7 Again he asked them, “Who is it you want?” And they said, “Jesus of Nazareth.”
Jn. 18:8 “I told you that I am he,” Jesus answered. “If you are looking for me, then let these men go.”
Jn. 18:9 This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: “I have not lost one of those you gave me.” [John 6:39]

A whole detachment of soldiers came to arrest Jesus. The moment they indicated that they were looking for Jesus, they drew back and fell to the ground. That is the divine power in action. Jesus deliberately handed himself over to them, after they agreed to exclude his apostles from the arrest.

I am still growing in the divine power, but I am already seeing some wonderful results. In recent times I began to have this experience that any time I eat among my village people, somebody would attack me with witchcraft poison. The first time I was attacked with witchcraft poison, as the poison was about to kill me, I called on Jesus and the spirit of infirmity left me immediately. The next time I was attacked with witchcraft poison, an idea came to me to fill my stmach with the blood of Jesus, by word of faith. I tried it and the spirit of infirmity left me. I used the blood of Jesus a few number of times that I was attacked with witchcraft poison and I was always instantly delivered. Then I was attacked again with witchcraft poison; I used the blood of Jesus and it didn't work. This time I noticed some movement in the roof of the house in which I was, which made me to understand that the person attacking me came by witchcraft to enforce the poison. I was then led to attack both the poison working in me and the enemy operating in the roof of the house with fire of the Holy Spirit, through word of faith, and I was delivered. Since then, I have been using the fire of the Holy Spirit to save myself and others from witchcraft poison and also to attack the enemy attacking me with the poison. I am no longer afraid of being poisoned by witches. This is the operation of the divine power. I am still working to raise my level in the operation of the divine power by confession of God's word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Winners Chapel 21-day Prayer And Fasting 2024 Prayer Points / Read This & Claim Atheism! / How To Download Joseph Prince' Youtube Sermons To Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.