Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? (6910 Views)

Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2023
samogo1:
Defend yourself how the constitution says. If you kill someone out of self defence, it's not murder
And abandon God's own Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God which you lot pretend you adhere to abi? Phew! Finally, some clarity! undecided
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by JasonNOTStatham: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
To Worship God is to trust and obey God. You folks trust and obey your pastors so I indicated this in my response. Is that so wrong? undecided
Did I mentioned I trust and obey pastors? It is wrong as you are.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 11:06am On Sep 24, 2023
tonicyril:
As an half-baked Christian, I use whatever means to protect myself if need be after I pray to God for protection.

And God is some sort of mumu who glories in your half-bakedness? No wonder He describes the religious as being extremely wicked. undecided
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 11:08am On Sep 24, 2023
Tallesty1:
While Israel give it to their enemies hot hot, Christians in Nigeria are waiting for the God of Israel to fight their battle.
Israel was an entire Nation at war. But Christians want to turn themselves into bandits abi? undecided
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by FarmTech(m): 11:10am On Sep 24, 2023
Seek peace with all ur heart and pursue it. If it doesn't work, run. If you can't run defend yourself and loved ones. Even Jesus and Paul complained bitterly when slapped. They did not turn the other cheek.

Fulanis cannot come and terrorize my place and go free oo. I will use my engineering talent to consume them.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2023
correctguy101:
■ What's the business of heavenly citizens and worldly matters? According to JWs, "they're no part of this world"
Me be like: abeg make I hia word... angry
I don't follow please. Insecurity is aftterall an issue of this world. If they are concerned about it then what makes them heavenly citizens? undecided
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 11:13am On Sep 24, 2023
elinaxy:
Like someone quoted you in the first page, I think you're out of point, you are filled of hatred.
You think what that someone says matters as far as the facts are concerned? undecided
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by tonicyril: 11:19am On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And God is some sort of mumu who glories in your half-bakedness? No wonder He describes the religious as being extremely wicked. undecided

Kobo why are u tormenting me upandan??

Leave me alone this morning ooh, a no get strength for ur trouble abeg undecided
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:20am On Sep 24, 2023
aikyg:
Why did Christ not carry a sword while he was being crucified? He was teaching us how to handle persecution.

When you go to visit a person you do not have any issue with do you go with a gun?

Are you aware that next time Christ Comes it is with The Sword?

You need understanding.

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Hanndye: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2023
JasonNOTStatham:
Don't you think we are at disadvantage? The Mosaic law was less forgiven compare to Jesus love, love, love.
JasonNOTStatham:
Don't you think we are at disadvantage? The Mosaic law was less forgiven compare to Jesus love, love, love.
We are admonished to do as Jesus and by extension His discples, as inspired by the Holy Ghost, say. Remember '"and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!” Luke 9:35.
And 'But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.' John 14:26.
By the way, what is wrong with not defending yourself to excess. Even modern laws and international conventions support this. Christainity is the religion of modern era ordained by God, you know?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 11:34am On Sep 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Yet He went to Jerusalem, the capital and base of His enemies?

Go and pray for understanding as Jude advjced.
Lol I wonder if you think before typing.

Jesus went back to Jerusalem because the time had come to fulfil the main mission he came to do. That's to die for mankind's sin.

The point is that we should run from violence attacks if there's chance and always fully trust Jehovah God for our protection.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Smitaro100(m): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

Who's a true Christian?

You sound like a comedian cheesy cheesy

You don't know and you were commenting like you know, then ure a clown. smiley
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 11:42am On Sep 24, 2023
JasonNOTStatham:
Yes indeed you are and this is since you don't care for Jesus Christ yet you drag His mention around only for superficial reasons. You claim those who target you do so simply because of this so I ask why not abandon the many superficial covers you use Jesus Christ from so they will maybe pester you no more. You can instead promote your gods of men then. I doubt those same would bother you if you preached your gods of men at them instead. grin
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 11:49am On Sep 24, 2023
Smitaro100:

You don't know and you were commenting like you know, then ure a clown. smiley
Lol I don't want to argue with a toddler.
How old are you?
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Breadnote: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2023
Talk to a psychologist.(for counselling). Depression.low self esteem.addiction. how to recover from heartbreak.how to live a happy life. how to find the right partner or spause.how to be successful in life.phone-08063261018.whatsapp-07062106186.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Breadnote: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2023
Breadnote:
Talk to a psychologist.(for counselling). Depression.low self esteem.addiction. how to recover from heartbreak.how to live a happy life. how to find the right partner or spause.how to be successful in life.phone-08063261018.whatsapp-07062106186.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Smitaro100(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol I don't want to argue with a toddler.
How old are you?

I'm old enough to know dat you don't have sense.

Ebot..
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Israel was an entire Nation at war. But Christians want to turn themselves into bandits abi? undecided
Don't mind him.
The religion the Israelites practised was completely different from Christianity.
Jesus brought different religion.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2023
Smitaro100:

I'm old enough to know dat you don't have sense.
Okay
If you don't have anything tangible to contribute besides insults, you could just keep quiet smiley
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Smitaro100(m): 11:58am On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

Okay
If you don't have anything tangible to contribute besides insults, you could just keep quiet smiley

Broda wey m*mu
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol I wonder if you think before typing.
Jesus went back to Jerusalem because the time had come to fulfil the main mission he came to do. That's to die for mankind's sin....

Did you not just say that " Jesus ran for his life."?

See yourself! Go and get understanding
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
Smitaro100:

Broda wey m*mu
I'm beginning to wonder, are you even a Christian let alone knowing the definition of a true Christians smiley

Naso Christian dé insult people up and down abi SMH undecided undecided

I'm not your brother in any way wink
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Did you not just say that " Jesus ran for his life."?

See yourself! Go and get understanding
Hahahaha didn't he run for his life because his time hadn't complete yet?

Your understanding is topnotch cool
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
JasonNOTStatham:
Did I mentioned I trust and obey pastors? It is wrong as you are.
You don't need to mention it as it is obvious from your post whose ideas you cling to aka worship. I mean aren't you the one who blatantly rejected Christ's command of peace between you and your fellow men in some posts up there? undecided
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kei144:
The big question is, how many so-called followers of Jesus can render their enemies incapable of hurting them or their interests? That is where the statement of brother kobojunkie comes in. Brother kobojunkie is not happy with the state of the Church, especially with so-called men of God who claim to know the way to the kingdom of God and collect lots of money from their followers. The reality is that if the ministry of the men of God have been so effective, Christians should commonly be doing all the works that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry. But we don't see that happening, not minding all the financial transactions that go on in the various churches. The Pentecostal movement started on Azusa Street, Los Angeles, California in 1906. Great ministers of the gospel have arisen in the Pentecostal movement over the years that were able to do great miracles. Unfortunately, American ministers have formulated some doctrines that are popular in pentecostal churches today, but which hinder spiritual development in churches. Pentecostal churches in Nigeria follow these doctrines formulated in USA.

One of the greatest ministers of the gospel that ever lived, Smith Wigglesworth, received revelation of a great end-time revival. He said that the end-time revival will come as a consequence of revival of emphasis on the word of God. Incidentally, some ministers from USA and Europe received revelation in the 1990s that the great end-time revival will start in Nigeria. Zephaniah 3:9,10 talks about this revival and says that Jews residing beyond the rivers of Cush will be responsible for spearheading the revival. It's actually people like kobojunkie, who are zealous for God and are dissatisfied with the current church system that will start the great end-time revival.

See this one pretending to have me all figured out all so he can continue to give glory to his gods of men and their many doctrines and traditions which God says as instead lies. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Ifyken2: 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
Calling their God when under attack is useless because most of them got killed while busy calling that God.

When under attack, one has to come up with a realistic plan... During end sars I saw some of y'all so call righteous Christians going to the streets just to pray, and where did that lead you?

Not everything requires God.
He was being sarcastic,in owo christian during church service were massacred.

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Why Peter carry knife dey follow Jesus up and down...

A little touch of violence is what is required.... To prevail in some instances grin
He didn't carry knife everywhere sir.
He only did at the night of Jesus's arrest.
Jesus rebuked him when he cut the servant's ear.

After Jesus's ascension, the apostles's and early church never took anything into their hands. They solely relied on God for protection and they knew they would face persecutions. They were harmless.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by phemmyfour: 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This is where you know how useless religion is. So, your mogs and pastors who collect money from you all cannot provide you the protection you require, yet you continue to worship them. Well, the only option left is to depend on your government but how many of you pay taxes or pay attention to the political and economic situation in your communities? You all know so much about the business of your pastors and mogs but not that, sadly! undecided
Ignorance

You want people earning below min wage to pay tax? Even in abroad, you are exempted from tax if you earn below a particular range

The responsibility of the government is to protect ALL the citizens.

The Church has taken over most of government responsibilities giving people scholarships, construction of boreholes and repair of roads
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Geovanni412(m): 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2023
JasonNOTStatham:

An eye for an eye would throw everything in chaos but, there must be something that says "keep off" don't dare us.

This question no require too much thinking

It's common sense

If you see an armed man trying to steal from you , would you shoot him down or beg him to stop in the name of Jesus Christ? grin

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Godsongang: 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
Buy yourself a gun and don't be foolish
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2023
phemmyfour:
■ Ignorance You want people earning below min wage to pay tax? Even in abroad, you are exempted from tax if you earn below a particular range. The responsibility of the government is to protect ALL the citizens. The Church has taken over most of government responsibilities giving people scholarships, construction of boreholes and repair of roads
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
.so, the they are not too impoverished to pay taxes to their gods of men --- tithes and offering were afterall originally designed by God as part of the taxation system in His Nation of Israel which your gods of men pretend to emulate --- but they are too impoverished to be expected to pay taxes to the government that can actually do something about the insecurity issues they wail about?

The government is to magically source resources in order to protect you all while your gods of men need you to give them your money in order that they can continue to live large and blessed abi? grin

You people should start calling upon the name of your gods of men when you are in trouble. That is what makes sense since you serve them with all you have. grin
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by DonroxyII: 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2023
JasonNOTStatham:

An eye for an eye would throw everything in chaos but, there must be something that says "keep off" don't dare us.
An Eye for an Eye ... or Do Hijra(Pack & Set off from the Chaotic Environment) But If You have what it Takes, Fight Back & Fight to Conquer ...

Unfortunately, Jesus Didn't Fight Unlike David/Solomon(ASW) Before Him & Mohammed(SAW) After Him ....,

So, Anybody on New testament as the sole Module of their Philosophies is Bound to Be Crucified/Persecuted & If You Allow Yourself to be Subjected to That Be Ready to Forgive Your Assailants, That's what Jesus Did.

I'm a Muslim(A Believer in Christ too) so I qualified to Respond.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

13 Top Secrets For A Successful Christian Courtship / Winners Chapel 21-day Prayer And Fasting 2024 Prayer Points / Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.