Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? (2388 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: This Is The Most Corrupt Regime In The History Of Nigeria / Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Why You Should Remain A Virgin Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by Porksupplyib: 9:11am On Sep 24, 2023
This is a question we all should attempt.

It is interesting to see thousands( if not millions) of people step out of their homes on a beautiful Sunday morning like this, in beautiful attires, heading to church. Very same way we See other sets of believers trooping to Mosques accross the country on Fridays.

The display of faith is so beautiful to watch, as if they are being pulled by one unseen supernatural force, that compels them, which is Invisible to the naked eye. Yet it becomes confusing when you realise the fact that these very same millions of "believers" are responsible for untold wickedness and corruption in every level.

The huge question is WHY IS THIS SO?

Is it the religious centres or is it the people?
Or how can a people who claim to love God, do the complete reverse of what they profess?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by OkCornel(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2023
A character deficit, morally bankrupt nation.

To be good or bad is a function of choice, not religious beliefs.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by OPICANTO2223: 9:36am On Sep 24, 2023
You should also ask why do we have many mosques in Afghanistan and many middle eastern countries plus Nigerian, but corruption have eaten deep the bone marrow deep.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by nke001: 9:51am On Sep 24, 2023
The moment you realize that these religious bodies are doing the bids for the govt, the better you start thinking for yourself.

There is only one rule on earth : Do unto others what you want them to do unto you.

Religion, the opium of the masses - Bob Marley

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by Bestbrain123(m): 10:25am On Sep 24, 2023
As if the spirit is working together exactly the same thing i was thinking this morning, (many people are forced in to religion before the age of maturity,

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by correctguy101(m): 10:51am On Sep 24, 2023
OkCornel:
A character deficit, morally bankrupt nation.

To be good or bad is a function of choice, not religious beliefs.

Agreed..

But if a religion preaches to be good yet it's adherents aren't, of what use is the religion then?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
Bestbrain123:
As if the spirit is working together exactly the same thing i was thinking this morning, (many people are forced in to religion before the age of maturity,

And what religion are they forced into? Is it not a religion of stealing and lying and fornicating and hypocrisy and even rewarding them with riches.

Do they teach honesty and truth and chastity and love?

Bbnaija and the whorrr who was given a range rover already shows you the religion
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by OkCornel(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2023
correctguy101:

Agreed..

But if a religion preaches to be good yet it's adherents aren't, of what use is the religion then?

Humans don’t need religion to know right from wrong. Knowledge, conscience and intuition is sufficient.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by cornelboy(f): 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
Most are business centres.
Arenas where magicians perform their magic.
Theatres where comedians and motivational speakers perform and people are entertained.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by correctguy101(m): 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2023
OkCornel:

Humans don’t need religion to know right from wrong. Knowledge, conscience and intuition is sufficient.

It's a total waste of time.,

Some people seems to need it to restrain themselves though.,

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by cornelboy(f): 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
OkCornel:

You got knowledge right from the womb. Nice.

So where did you get that info that "knowledge, conscience and intuition are sufficient" from?
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by OkCornel(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

You got knowledge right from the womb. Nice.

So where did you get that info that "knowledge, conscience and intuition are sufficient" from?

You got knowledge from religion? Nice.

You need religion to distinguish right from wrong?

Your intuition also misleads you? Too bad

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by cornelboy(f): 9:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
OkCornel:

You got knowledge from religion? Nice.

You need religion to distinguish right from wrong?

Your intuition also misleads you? Too bad
Where did you get the knowledge that individual's knowledge, intuition and conscience is sufficient to live peacefully among one another?

It can't work because we will all have different rules and principles we follow and that will plunge the world into chaos.

So how did you know?
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by OkCornel(m): 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

Where did you get the knowledge that individual's knowledge, intuition and conscience is sufficient to live peacefully among one another?

It can't work because we will all have different rules and principles we follow and that will plunge the world into chaos.

So how did you know?

Does man need religion to distinguish good from evil?

Does God have a religion? If yes, kindly tell us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by cornelboy(f): 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2023
OkCornel:

Does man need religion to distinguish good from evil?

Does God have a religion? If yes, kindly tell us.
Which God are you talking about and how did you know about him?
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by OkCornel(m): 9:37pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

Which God are you talking about and how did you know about him?

The beginning of everything, the creator, the source. Does this God have a religion?

Does man need religion to know right from wrong?

We can play these question games all night long

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by cornelboy(f): 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2023
OkCornel:

The beginning of everything, the creator, the source. Does this God have a religion?

Does man need religion to know right from wrong?

We can play these question games all night long
How did you know about this creator?
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by OkCornel(m): 9:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

How did you know about this creator?

Does mankind need religion to know right from wrong?

Does the creator have a religion? If yes, kindly let us know which one is it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by achorladey: 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:
Most are business centres.
Arenas where magicians perform their magic.
Theatres where comedians and motivational speakers perform and people are entertained.

LIke yours who are In the business of selling kingdom halls to comedians and magicians and motivated speakers and the proceeds are used to build RAMAPO to enter people with Caleb and Sofia videos grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by achorladey: 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
Bestbrain123:

And when what they force backfires they start looking for where to put the blame
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by cornelboy(f): 10:00pm On Sep 24, 2023
OkCornel:

Does mankind need religion to know right from wrong?

Does the creator have a religion? If yes, kindly let us know which one is it.

If you answer my question "how did you know about the creator", I'd be able to answer this second question.

For the first question:
Religion comes with certain rules/laws and principles.
Without common laws for everyone, it'd be impossible for us to live peacefully and productively with one another.
That's why every organisation, society and institution have rules and principles that binds them.

You might think rape is appropriate whereas I see it as not appropriate. And that's a problem.
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by Ken4Christ: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2023
Porksupplyib:
This is a question we all should attempt.

It is interesting to see thousands( if not millions) of people step out of their homes on a beautiful Sunday morning like this, in beautiful attires, heading to church. Very same way we See other sets of believers trooping to Mosques accross the country on Fridays.

The display of faith is so beautiful to watch, as if they are being pulled by one unseen supernatural force, that compels them, which is Invisible to the naked eye. Yet it becomes confusing when you realise the fact that these very same millions of "believers" are responsible for untold wickedness and corruption in every level.

The huge question is WHY IS THIS SO?

Is it the religious centres or is it the people?
Or how can a people who claim to love God, do the complete reverse of what they profess?

The church has deviated from the ancient path set by the early church:

1. Most churches don't preach Christ anymore. Rather, they preach their pastor and extol him as god.

2. Most pastors don't live by examples anymore.

3. Most churches don't preach moral messages anymore. Only sweet messages that the people want to hear.

4. No planned follow up and visitations on new souls to build them up.

5. No genuine love amongst the brethren anymore that should inspire people to come to Christ.

6. The internet world is corrupting the minds of our young ones faster than the church is affecting their lives.

7. Some churches are purely established as business centers to defraud gullible souls.

We need revival in the church. We need to discover the ancient path. We need to get away from materialism and focus more on the things of heaven.

May God deliver the church from worldliness in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by OkCornel(m): 11:48am On Sep 25, 2023
cornelboy:

If you answer my question "how did you know about the creator", I'd be able to answer this second question.

For the first question:
Religion comes with certain rules/laws and principles.
Without common laws for everyone, it'd be impossible for us to live peacefully and productively with one another.
That's why every organisation, society and institution have rules and principles that binds them.

You might think rape is appropriate whereas I see it as not appropriate. And that's a problem.

Do successful secular nations with a high standard of living require religion to formulate laws which maintains law and order?

Do their citizens need religion to distinguish right from wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by cornelboy(f): 12:11pm On Sep 25, 2023
OkCornel:

Do successful secular nations with a high standard of living require religion to formulate laws which maintains law and order?

Do their citizens need religion to distinguish right from wrong?

So you're saying it's no longer about individual's knowledge, intuition and conscience but we have to follow our humans leaders' intuition, knowledge and conscience enforced on us to know and choose between right and wrong??

Why should we trust the conscience, intuition and the knowledge of those making the law for our nation?

You're just jumping from pillar to post.

Tell me how you knew about your God whom you claim to be the creator. We can start from there..
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by OkCornel(m): 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2023
cornelboy:

So you're saying it's no longer about individual's knowledge, intuition and conscience but we have to follow our humans leaders' intuition, knowledge and conscience enforced on us to know and choose between right and wrong??

Why should we trust the conscience, intuition and the knowledge of those making the law for our nation?

You're just jumping from pillar to post.

Tell me how you knew about your God whom you claim to be the creator. We can start from there..

I’m not responsible for your intentional misunderstanding of my point.

Food for thought. Before mankind invented writing, how were they able to distinguish right from wrong?

Don’t disappoint me. Just think a bit before you answer

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by cornelboy(f): 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
OkCornel:

I’m not responsible for your intentional misunderstanding of my point.

Food for thought. Before mankind invented writing, how were they able to distinguish right from wrong?

Don’t disappoint me. Just think a bit before you answer
You have already disappointed me by failing to tell me how you knew your God who you claimed to be the creator.

What's the name of you God and how do you know about him?

The question no hard na cheesy
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by OkCornel(m): 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2023
cornelboy:

You have already disappointed me by failing to tell me how you knew your God who you claimed to be the creator.

What's the name of you God and how do you know about him?

The question no hard na cheesy

Awwn, someone is backtracking.

Before mankind learnt how to write. How were they able to distinguish right from wrong? Hmmm?

By religion abi? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by achorladey: 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2023
OkCornel:

Before mankind learnt how to write. How were they able to distinguish right from wrong? Hmmm?

By religion abi? cheesy

They will go the length and breadth of nairaland with arrogance saying others are not reasonable. grin grin grin grin grin

He wants to force his manipulations and lies into the discussion cheesy cheesy cheesy

Is the below not an example of laws of nation who don't take religion into consideration before making laws in this case as it concerns adultery grin grin grin grin

Despite the fact that both religion frown against adultery yet the criminal law in this country don't punish adultery grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by achorladey: 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2023
OkCornel:

By religion abi? cheesy

As a serious Bible student that he calls himself, I expect him to go back to Cain and Abel and learn one or two things from that account as it concerns your question obviously his lies and manipulations comes before whatever the Bible says.

I am not surprised, they have repeatedly told us here that babies are enemies of God. grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:17pm On Sep 25, 2023
Jesus said:

"By their FRUITS you will know" Matthew 7:15-20

Before Satan got angry the world was under his reign yet he was managing the little way he could but after Jesus' earthly mission Satan realized that his destruction is getting close so he began initiating his own agents right in the midst of those claiming CHRISTIANS {Matthew 13:25} it's their growth that's felt globally today! 2Timothy 3:1-5

Why?

Because Satan wants to blacklist Jesus' disciples so he went ahead to initiate many false prophets all claiming ministers of light {2Corinthians 11:14} if you look critically at the things happening in the world today you will agree with me that 90% of atrocities committed are carried out by religionists claiming they know Jesus either Muslims or Christians while atheists, agnostics, Judaists, Buddhists, Hindus and Traditionalists now seems better than those attributing their form of religion to Abraham.

Well it's a sacred secret for another day.

Know that only those PRACTICING what Jesus taught are on God's side no matter how nice, kind or generous a person is all their gestures are like excrement before the true God! Isaiah 64:6

If you want to know more about the secret i'm with you!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by achorladey: 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus said:

"By their FRUITS you will know" Matthew 7:15-20

Before Satan got angry the world was under his reign yet he was managing the little way he could but after Jesus' earthly mission Satan realized that his destruction is getting close so he began initiating his own agents right in the midst of those claiming CHRISTIANS {Matthew 13:25} it's their growth that's felt globally today! 2Timothy 3:1-5

Why?

Because Satan wants to blacklist Jesus' disciples so he went ahead to initiate many false prophets all claiming ministers of light {2Corinthians 11:14} if you look critically at the things happening in the world today you will agree with me that 90% of atrocities committed are carried out by religionists claiming they know Jesus either Muslims or Christians while atheists, agnostics, Judaists, Buddhists, Hindus and Traditionalists now seems better than those attributing their form of religion to Abraham.

Well it's a sacred secret for another day.

Know that only those PRACTICING what Jesus taught are on God's side no matter how nice, kind or generous a person is all their gestures are like excrement before the true God! Isaiah 64:6

If you want to know more about the secret i'm with you!

You see manipulations and lies when you see an individual trying to save his head and that of his religious organization from the menace the thread his all about grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do We Have So Many Religious Centres, Yet Remain A Highly Corrupt Country? by cornelboy(f): 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
OkCornel:

By religion abi? cheesy
See you if you don't want to answer my question it's okay.

I told you already that living base on our personal intuitions, consciences and knowledge would cause disastrous problems in the society. That's the reason why we have laws and orders in the first place.

If we wanna have a meaningful discussion, you have to tell me the name of your God and how you knew about him. What are his plans for his creation? Don't he or she have any set of rules for us in other to live peacefully among one another?
He or she just wants us to live according to our intuitions and die, then what else?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Am An Atheist / T.b Joshua Turn Water To Blood Of Jesus In Synagogue / Water Crystals, Words, Thoughts And Music - Any Reflections For The Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.