Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers (35549 Views)

Which Country Do You Fear Marrying From? / Why Do Men Fear To Date Financial Stable Women? / Why Adoption Is Better Than Marrying Single Mums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Chibuzoripob: 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2023
angry may that head u dey bend /tilt here nor fall on top of single mum mata.Isee sad cool.
Fahvvy:
It's the way the society demeans a man's choice that irritates me, yikes!!! undecided...

OP...
The reason why most men don't want to marry a single mother is not because of any St.upid "fear", it's because of CHOICE!!!! undecided...

Most men don't want single mothers, PERIOD!!!!! undecided...

Y'all need to start accepting men's choice(s) in women and stop trying to demean men for having and exercising it undecided...

Personally, single mothers are a no go area for me, and my son's relationship wise undecided...

I don't care how she became a single mother, that's IRRELEVANT!!! undecided...

But as long as there's a well cultured 18 - 24year old virgin out there, I'd rather be castrated than marry a single mother AND THAT'S MY CHOICE!! undecided...

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by The6thAustralia: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:
It's not worth the stress and emotional blackmailing that will follow..

And besides, football match no dey start from 1:0 down.

Bad man thingsz

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by phemmyfour: 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2023
Azeemokoya:
In Nigeria, as in many parts of the world, the dynamics of relationships and family structures have evolved significantly over the years. One of the most noticeable changes is the increasing number of single mothers in society.

While this trend is indicative of the strength of women who navigate the challenges of single parenthood, it has also sparked discussions about why some men may hesitate or even fear marrying single mothers.

Take for instance, Chidi, a young professional in Lagos, confessed that he once hesitated to date a single mother because he feared what his family and friends would say.

In Nigeria, like in many other societies, there exists a certain stigma attached to single motherhood. Traditional cultural norms often place a high value on the nuclear family unit, where children are raised by both biological parents.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/why-most-nigerian-men-fear-marrying-single-mothers/
Her child will always be her priority. The bonding between mother n child is stronger than than that of husband n wife

14 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by wisdomkid: 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2023
Fahvvy:
It's the way the society demeans a man's choice that irritates me, yikes!!! undecided...

OP...
The reason why most men don't want to marry a single mother is not because of any St.upid "fear", it's because of CHOICE!!!! undecided...

Y'all need to start accepting men's choice(s) in women and stop trying to demean men for having and exercising it undecided...

Personally, single mothers are a no go area for me, and my son's relationship wise undecided...

But as long as there's a well cultured 18 - 24year old virgin out there, I'd rather be castrated than marry a single mother AND THAT'S MY CHOICE!! undecided...

Stop shouting please. You've made your stance, we've seen and heard you. No reason to scream out loud.
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by The6thAustralia: 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:
That is like saying u impregnated ur girlfriend and she born 2 pikins for u but her family came up with wahala and scater ur unionism grin cheesy

But after three years, u and ur girlfriend run go meet for faraway shagamu and continue ur unionism...

So it's still a win win for you,

But imagine Ajax Amsterdam leading Go Ahead Eagles 2:0 and Go Ahead Eagles said they are not continuing again, so the went to FC Utretch with the 2:0 and continue the match with fc utretch grin grin grin no naa

Too many mad men dey Nairaland.
I don laugh taya for inside bus

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by stanisbaratheon: 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2023
The possibility of the first man coming back to perhaps unsettle things could be a reason some men would choose not to settle down with a single mother.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by IyaTola: 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2023
This is your MAJOR reason every other thing you wrote are babadash
Tallesty1:
The reason she is a single mother is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. Single mothers are great, don't get me wrong. Some of them are victims of men's heartlessness, others made careless mistakes, while some are just victims of one thing or another, but neither of these is any of my business. I can't date a single mom, talk more of marrying one.

I don't have the energy to prove that I am a better man. I don't have the emotional strength to withstand their manipulation. I don't have the finances to raise another man's child.

Some of these women with no valid source of income will fight for custody of the child just so they can use it to source funds. "I am a single mother please help me"

If her ex-partner is an issue, that is a problem for me because I will need to prove that I am better before she can be committed. If she was the problem in the relationship, then she is still a problem. Forget how nicely she treats you; being nice to you and being a nice person are not the same.

She will love the child from the previous relationship more than the ones she will have with you.

I just can't deal.

If I end up a single dad, then I want women to avoid me. I personally will avoid them until I have raised my kids into adulthood because a second wife will mistreat them once she starts having her own kids. She will turn the girl into her slave, and the boy will suffer and get killed if she has her way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by sucemt(m): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2023
Fahvvy:

OP...

You deserve a chilled bottle of Heineken my nigga

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Dancebreaker: 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:
That is like saying u impregnated ur girlfriend and she born 2 pikins for u but her family came up with wahala and scater ur unionism grin cheesy

But after three years, u and ur girlfriend run go meet for faraway shagamu and continue ur unionism...

So it's still a win win for you,

[b]But imagine Ajax Amsterdam leading Go Ahead Eagles 2:0 and Go Ahead Eagles said they are not continuing again, so the went to FC Utretch with the 2:0 and continue the match with fc utretch grin grin grin no na[/b]a
No, na to carry 4:0 down to start with Twente abi RKC Waalwijk. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Werey!

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by IMASTEX: 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:

grin grin grin Well, life is all about choice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by NothingDoMe: 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:

๐Ÿ˜„
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by georgeikani033: 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:

The handicap you the play nkor na wetin?๐Ÿ˜€

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Blendy77(f): 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2023
With the kind of comments i read here, most single mothers will just continue to deceive men that their kids are their siblings cos majority have the mindset that single mums are no go area. Am not a single mum but I can assure you that most single mums are great to be with. If not for anything, men should go for them for the fact that they are fertile and can give birth. Secondly having a child already calling you Dad and u learning parenting skills before yours arrive is not something u pay from the market. And children provoke Gods blessing most times so when u dedicate your time to father a child that is not yours biologically, you are invoking Gods blessing. The few men I've interviewed concerning this issue gave excuses like "I don't want to compete or share my love with another man's child. Haba? na small pikin dey give some men complex? grin Give single mothers a chance cos many of them already learnt their lessons and will become great spouse if given the opportunity to love again. Otherwise dem go just dey deceive una say na my Mama last born and u will still train the child either directly or indirectly grin

Modified:
And may everyone quoting me and praying that may sons marry single mothers, I also pray for u too, may ur daughters and sisters also remain single all the rest of their lives if they find themselves in such situations as single mothers either via divorce or become widow at an early age. Amen!!! Mu.mu people think say na only una sabi pray non.sense prayers cos I gave an honest opinion. Do u think any lady wished to be single mother? Make dem begin do abortions to please una ye.ye mindset and look cool in ur eyes or remain in abusive marriages cos of una type wey only kno how to judge. Na single mothers be d cause of high rate of divorce everywhere? Anythg negative thing u quote n wish me, back to sender for u and ur family too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by NothingDoMe: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2023
Nextt:
There is so much at stake marrying single mothers. When the relationship fails, you lose her, you lose the child by default, you lose your time and property to her, you lose your sanity. You lose on all sides. When you are together, you hear things like, "My child", from the woman when issues come up, when she invests it is for her child, not the family, you take the risk to invest in the child who may later take sides with his/her mother, it is always you against them. The risks far outweigh the benefits of marrying a single mother.

The ONLY exception is when God directs you to marry one. Such single mother will be different from the herd.
๐Ÿ‘Œ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by NothingDoMe: 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2023
Blendy77:
With the kind of comments i read here, most single mothers will just continue to deceive men that their kids are their siblings cos majority have the mindset that single mums are no go area. Am not a single mum but I can assure you that most single mums are great to be with. If not for anything, men should go for them for the fact that they are fertile and can give birth. Secondly having a child already calling you Dad and u learning parenting skills before yours arrive is not something u pay from the market. And children provoke Gods blessing most times so when u dedicate your time to father a child that is not yours biologically, you are invoking Gods blessing. The few men I've interviewed concerning this issue gave excuses like "I don't want to compete or share my love with another man's child. Haba? na small pikin dey give some men complex? grin Give single mothers a chance cos many of them already learnt their lessons and will become great spouse if given the opportunity to love again. Otherwise dem go just dey deceive una say na my Mama last born and u will still train the child either directly or indirectly grin
That you scored one goal doesn't necessarily make you a striker or mean that you'll score another goal ๐Ÿ˜„

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by franktech(m): 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2023
Meet a girl as young as 16 and she will tell you that she will only marry a rich, handsome man (not considering how ugly and poor she may be).
Men need to start setting high standards too.
For me
1) my wife must come from rich family or have very good business
2) Must be beautiful
3) Must have high iq ( I no wan born kids wey books no go fit enter their head)
4) Will be between 18-24
4) Finally must respect and submit.

If you have such characteristics then dm, if not then i better enjoy my single life

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by pocohantas(f): 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2023
IyaTola:
This is your MAJOR reason every other thing you wrote are babadash

Are you his account officer?

Blendy77:
With the kind of comments i read here, most single mothers will just continue to deceive men that their kids are their siblings cos majority have the mindset that single mums are no go area.

They don't need to deceive men. This is akin to men who deceive women under the premise that women love lies. You can just say the truth and hope he accepts you that way.

There is something called secondary infertility. You can born one and not be able to born another. Nothing to say single mothers are certified fertile for life.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by TrainPark: 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2023
seniorgozman:
My only problem with single mother is emotional blackmail

Emotional blackmail is the same or even worse than zamfara banditry plus IPOB evil!.

It is not fear. It is sense.

You have responsibility of her baggage without the authority over them, mostly, bustards!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by alexogbebor(f): 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2023
I am currently dating a single mother for almost a year now, before she got pregnant for her ex I actually approach her and asked her out but it didn't work out that was in 2018, fast forward to 2022 I met her after a long time no see and still had that feelings for her, I reconnect with her and boom we start dating and banging, she actually told me about the child before we started dating but I didn't have problem with it at that time, I had no intention to have a Long term relationship with her but boom we are a year in this relationship and i Don't think I would love to spend the rest of my life with a single mom. Please I need your advice
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Emaprince: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2023
Blendy77:
Trash ๐Ÿ—‘

Only a man that feels worthless without any option will settle for a woman that will still get humped easily by her baby daddy, and possibly leave with her kids in the future after the mumu man have used his resources to train her kids.

Only a man that feels literally worthless!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by wink2015(m): 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2023
Blitzking:

Single women are with lots of emotional baggages that single guys shouldn't venture into for peace of mind..I don't mind single dads going for single women..even women who have dated several men might av been damaged emotionally and become highly distrustful or toxic while some become less assertive for fear of them being dumped again..so not good for themselves and their new partner.

There is no women that is 100 percent good whether single mother or non single mother.

The most important thing in a relationship is love, understanding, care, perseverance and the fear of God.

There people who married single women and they lived much more happier than if they had married first timer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Tzar(m): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2023
The only single mother worth marrying are
1. The one whose husband was EVIDENTLY an abusive man whom the woman did not provoke his madness.
2. An EVIDENTLY great woman whose husband is dead for reasons not attributable to her.

Note that your EVIDENCE to prove the two points MUST NOT COME FROM THE WOMAN.

If you marry any other single mother outside these two points , you are not only a SIMP, you will be doomed in the long run.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by FireUpNow(m): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2023
A widow, divorced woman and single mothet in any form na heavy trap, avoid her.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by LeeSmart: 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2023
bassdow:

The bolded is where you spoilt your writeUp.
The way and manner you people believe in this GOD / god of a thing baffles me.
Why bring God / god into sane conversations ?
Sorry to ask sir/ma'am
Are you atheist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by josite: 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
they mainly look for a guy they can put osuka on his head so he can carry all the burdens of the lives and make u the sacrificiql lamb for the sins of they guy they have the children from.and when u carry the load so well they will reconnect and start fucking the baby daddi.definetely there are exceptions.na market u must price well before u buy o

15 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Posh2018: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2023
Nicepoker:
But with my perfect example your last line about a football match not starting from a nil down no longer holds

The match started from 0:0 actually. They only continued it on a later date. Like disconnecting from wife and connecting back after a few years. The children before the disconnect are still yours.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Oforleta(m): 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
I'll not advise even my enemy to marry a single mother, especially when the baby's father is still alive.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Jman06(m): 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2023
Blendy77:
TRASH

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Boldideas: 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2023
Azeemokoya:
In Nigeria, as in many parts of the world, the dynamics of relationships and family structures have evolved significantly over the years. One of the most noticeable changes is the increasing number of single mothers in society.

While this trend is indicative of the strength of women who navigate the challenges of single parenthood, it has also sparked discussions about why some men may hesitate or even fear marrying single mothers.

Take for instance, Chidi, a young professional in Lagos, confessed that he once hesitated to date a single mother because he feared what his family and friends would say.

In Nigeria, like in many other societies, there exists a certain stigma attached to single motherhood. Traditional cultural norms often place a high value on the nuclear family unit, where children are raised by both biological parents.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/why-most-nigerian-men-fear-marrying-single-mothers/

Some men are cursed, so falling into such traps is inevitable. Unless she is a widow, I mean a widow that her husband died natural death, not a widow that used frustration to kill her husband.

Common sagged boobs which is a result of abortions is a turn off for me how much more a lady that is with a kid. If she was that good, no man in his right senses leaves a good woman. And no man in his right senses stays with a lady that says 10,000 words when you're not done talking.

Mother of one of whatever title they behold, stay completely away unless she is a widow whose husband died a natural death.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Myer(m): 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2023
Azeemokoya:

It poses a bit of a challenge when we box everyone together.
Among single mothers, there are various kinds of women.

What usually is the issue is if she has not healed or learnt from her past relationship cos there was a reason the last relationship did not work out- either her fault, or the father's fault or both parties at fault.

As long as she has healed or learnt from the experience, single parents can be the best wives/mothers because they should have learnt what it takes to be responsible and think beyond their own needs alone.
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by membranus: 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2023
Tallesty1:
The reason she is a single mother is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. Single mothers are great, don't get me wrong. Some of them are victims of men's heartlessness, others made careless mistakes, while some are just victims of one thing or another, but neither of these is any of my business. I can't date a single mom, talk more of marrying one.

I don't have the energy to prove that I am a better man. I don't have the emotional strength to withstand their manipulation. I don't have the finances to raise another man's child.

Some of these women with no valid source of income will fight for custody of the child just so they can use it to source funds. "I am a single mother please help me"

If her ex-partner is an issue, that is a problem for me because I will need to prove that I am better before she can be committed. If she was the problem in the relationship, then she is still a problem. Forget how nicely she treats you; being nice to you and being a nice person are not the same.

She will love the child from the previous relationship more than the ones she will have with you.

I just can't deal.

If I end up a single dad, then I want women to avoid me. I personally will avoid them until I have raised my kids into adulthood because a second wife will mistreat them once she starts having her own kids. She will turn the girl into her slave, and the boy will suffer and get killed if she has her way.

You nailed it capitally. No more to add.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by advanceDNA: 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2023
anonymous1759:
How many motherโ€™s will allow their sonโ€™s to marry a single woman ? Thatโ€™s where the problem is coming from

Baba ..U didn't state it well...

Single mothers don't even want their son to marry a single mother....

In fact...single mothers don't want to marry single fathers like them... grin

Single mothers seff know say Dem be "werey" ....

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fiance Checks Out His Fiancee's Backside In Pre-Wedding Photos / Judith Heard Reports To Police Over Leaked Nude Photos / Should I Still Give Him A Chance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.