Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers (35607 Views)

Which Country Do You Fear Marrying From? / Why Do Men Fear To Date Financial Stable Women? / Why Adoption Is Better Than Marrying Single Mums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Karleb(m): 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2023
bassdow:

Atimes, the number of KIDs, matters. A single mom of 1 has more chances than a single mom of 4

I only consider single mother of one single mothers.

5 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by KillaBeans(m): 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2023
I almost fell into that dungeon. Every little thing and she would be like "ka sha ma she dada".......always trying to manipulate me emotionally like I'm always wrong, at fault......bro, run o

12 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Mayeldah(m): 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2023
Person wey wash only legs miss flight na the one wey enter bathroom baf for 30mins go meet am?

like this, single ladies full everywhere dey find single men, dem no see. I pity single mothers!

Naija hard now, why train another man's child? whether you know of the child or not, you go train am directly or indirectly.

4 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by macphilip: 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
Single mothers are great, they mostly have GOOD characters.
My issue with them is they are emotionally unstable & secretive.
Their affinity with their baby daddy or ex hubby is another issue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by anonymous1759(m): 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
advanceDNA:

Baba ..U didn't state it well...

Single mothers don't even want their son to marry a single mother....

In fact...single mothers don't want to marry single fathers like them... grin

Single mothers seff know say Dem be "werey" ....

Exactly bro , we all live and breath In hypocrisy. Everyone will come on social media and tell you that marriage is not a do or die affair , but in reality the society will use that same marriage to shame people who are single and still expect people not to desperately get married or endure marital abuse just to stay married .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by NothingDoMe: 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
alexogbebor:
I am currently dating a single mother for almost a year now, before she got pregnant for her ex I actually approach her and asked her out but it didn't work out that was in 2018, fast forward to 2022 I met her after a long time no see and still had that feelings for her, I reconnect with her and boom we start dating and banging, she actually told me about the child before we started dating but I didn't have problem with it at that time, I had no intention to have a Long term relationship with her but boom we are a year in this relationship and i Don't think I would love to spend the rest of my life with a single mom. Please I need your advice
πŸ˜€
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by NothingDoMe: 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2023
Sisqoman:
Once you said I love you, billing don start
πŸ˜„
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by NothingDoMe: 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2023
anonymous1759:

Exactly bro , we all live and breath In hypocrisy. Everyone will come on social media and tell you that marriage is not a do or die affair , but in reality the society will use that same marriage to shame people who are single and still expect people not to desperately get married or endure marital abuse just to stay married .
Well said! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Guyman01: 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:
It's not worth the stress and emotional blackmailing that will follow..

And besides, football match no dey start from 1:0 down.
You don't know about handicap in football
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by nobleswazzy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2023
If you marry single mother, you don carry yourself asian handicap grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Pacesetter123(m): 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2023
ecolime:
Who wan marry problem?

They are mostly filled with bitterness and emotional baggage from previous relationships.

You go train pikin wey no be your own with your hard earned money and both mama and pikin go still see you as outsider.

You go even dey fear to correct the pikin.

My advise: Single mothers and single fathers should marry themselves. Each after his or her kind.. lol cool
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The last paragraph though!
It sounds like Noah's ark entry qualification........... Each, according to it's kind.

5 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Niceessien(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2023
Blendy77:
With the kind of comments i read here, most single mothers will just continue to deceive men that their kids are their siblings cos majority have the mindset that single mums are no go area. Am not a single mum but I can assure you that most single mums are great to be with. If not for anything, men should go for them for the fact that they are fertile and can give birth. Secondly having a child already calling you Dad and u learning parenting skills before yours arrive is not something u pay from the market. And children provoke Gods blessing most times so when u dedicate your time to father a child that is not yours biologically, you are invoking Gods blessing. The few men I've interviewed concerning this issue gave excuses like "I don't want to compete or share my love with another man's child. Haba? na small pikin dey give some men complex? grin Give single mothers a chance cos many of them already learnt their lessons and will become great spouse if given the opportunity to love again. Otherwise dem go just dey deceive una say na my Mama last born and u will still train the child either directly or indirectly grin

Mctheee... Wetin dis one dey yarn sefπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Rajosh(m): 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2023
Nicepoker:
Ajax vs feyeboord. Started from 2:0 down.
Continuation not start

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2023
Azeemokoya:
In Nigeria, as in many parts of the world, the dynamics of relationships and family structures have evolved significantly over the years. One of the most noticeable changes is the increasing number of single mothers in society.

While this trend is indicative of the strength of women who navigate the challenges of single parenthood, it has also sparked discussions about why some men may hesitate or even fear marrying single mothers.

Take for instance, Chidi, a young professional in Lagos, confessed that he once hesitated to date a single mother because he feared what his family and friends would say.

In Nigeria, like in many other societies, there exists a certain stigma attached to single motherhood. Traditional cultural norms often place a high value on the nuclear family unit, where children are raised by both biological parents.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/why-most-nigerian-men-fear-marrying-single-mothers/

They can fear all they like, but single moms are human beings, too.

The fact that they have a child does (or should) not make them less so.

If she's the right one for you, having a child shouldn't make you pick the wrong one and end up in a mess.

I met a single mom who was the right woman for me many years ago and, well, she ain't a single Mom anymore.

I made sure of that!
grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2023
Blendy77:
With the kind of comments i read here, most single mothers will just continue to deceive men that their kids are their siblings cos majority have the mindset that single mums are no go area. Am not a single mum but I can assure you that most single mums are great to be with. If not for anything, men should go for them for the fact that they are fertile and can give birth. Secondly having a child already calling you Dad and u learning parenting skills before yours arrive is not something u pay from the market. And children provoke Gods blessing most times so when u dedicate your time to father a child that is not yours biologically, you are invoking Gods blessing. The few men I've interviewed concerning this issue gave excuses like "I don't want to compete or share my love with another man's child. Haba? na small pikin dey give some men complex? grin Give single mothers a chance cos many of them already learnt their lessons and will become great spouse if given the opportunity to love again. Otherwise dem go just dey deceive una say na my Mama last born and u will still train the child either directly or indirectly grin

Most single moms were loving, trusting ladies (or girls) who fell for the wrong guy.

Some e-diots here will be like, "single mom? EEEEEEWWW!" then end up with a retired runs girl.

Some guys' gfs are into hookup but they think the oloshos are better than the single mom because she has a child.......shiooor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by diggindeep: 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:

But second leg match can even start with 7- 0 down

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Styluss: 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2023
HIGHLY MANIPULATIVE
EMOTIONALLY DAMAGED / DEPRESSED
BIGGER RESPONSIBILITIES
PRETENDERS
ENTITLED
HER IMMEDIATE FAMILY PRESSURE
BABY DADDY WAHALA / POSSIBILITY OF FUCKING AGAIN
SERIAL BLACKMAILERS.
As a single Man, A single mother is not something to ever think of.

Azeemokoya:
In Nigeria, as in many parts of the world, the dynamics of relationships and family structures have evolved significantly over the years. One of the most noticeable changes is the increasing number of single mothers in society.

While this trend is indicative of the strength of women who navigate the challenges of single parenthood, it has also sparked discussions about why some men may hesitate or even fear marrying single mothers.

Take for instance, Chidi, a young professional in Lagos, confessed that he once hesitated to date a single mother because he feared what his family and friends would say.

In Nigeria, like in many other societies, there exists a certain stigma attached to single motherhood. Traditional cultural norms often place a high value on the nuclear family unit, where children are raised by both biological parents.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/why-most-nigerian-men-fear-marrying-single-mothers/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by jojothaiv(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2023
Fahvvy:
It's the way the society demeans a man's choice that irritates me, yikes!!! undecided...

OP...
The reason why most men don't want to marry a single mother is not because of any St.upid "fear", it's because of CHOICE!!!! undecided...

Most men don't want single mothers, PERIOD!!!!! undecided...

Y'all need to start accepting men's choice(s) in women and stop trying to demean men for having and exercising it undecided...

Personally, single mothers are a no go area for me, and my son's relationship wise undecided...

I don't care how she became a single mother, that's IRRELEVANT!!! undecided...

But as long as there's a well cultured 18 - 24year old virgin out there, I'd rather be castrated than marry a single mother AND THAT'S MY CHOICE!! undecided...
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by LeeSmart: 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2023
Blendy77:
Lol why you the disguise? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by tonicyril: 1:44pm On Sep 29, 2023
diggindeep:

But second leg match can even start with 7- 0 down
and is that a complete football match??
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by tonicyril: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2023
Guyman01:

You don't know about handicap in football
handicap is a prediction in football, its not actual
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by tonicyril: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2023
georgeikani033:

The handicap you the play nkor na wetin?πŸ˜€
handicap is a prediction from bettors, its not the actuality
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by maxito28: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2023
The fear of marrying single mother's is d bigining of gud health, success and long life.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by sulakishop(m): 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2023
God will make a way for them, God will provide my own
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by chaloskyx: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
single mothers only need men for companionship not love the only love they have is for their child so when you are marrying for love they marry you for survival and wont hesitate to leave you for another man who can secure her finances better in a nutshell single mothers are users.

16 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by bonnyhope: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2023
Fahvvy:
It's the way the society demeans a man's choice that irritates me, yikes!!! undecided...

OP...
The reason why most men don't want to marry a single mother is not because of any St.upid "fear", it's because of CHOICE!!!! undecided...

Most men don't want single mothers, PERIOD!!!!! undecided...

Y'all need to start accepting men's choice(s) in women and stop trying to demean men for having and exercising it undecided...

Personally, single mothers are a no go area for me, and my son's relationship wise undecided...

I don't care how she became a single mother, that's IRRELEVANT!!! undecided...

But as long as there's a well cultured 18 - 24year old virgin out there, I'd rather be castrated than marry a single mother AND THAT'S MY CHOICE!! undecided...

Where can you see this?
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Augla1: 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
NothingDoMe:
That you scored one goal doesn't necessarily make you a striker or mean that you'll score another goal πŸ˜„
Omor, this hits home; I scored one goal like tha in primary school football, them come dey rush me if them wan play match. to validate your point that was the last and only goal I scored through out primary school🀣🀣🀣

7 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by bonnyhope: 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:

Una too get mouth for this forum
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Tommydare(m): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2023
Kai. Na sportybet full this one head
tonicyril:
That is like saying u impregnated ur girlfriend and she born 2 pikins for u but her family came up with wahala and scater ur unionism grin cheesy

But after three years, u and ur girlfriend run go meet for faraway shagamu and continue ur unionism...

So it's still a win win for you,

But imagine Ajax Amsterdam leading Go Ahead Eagles 2:0 and Go Ahead Eagles said they are not continuing again, so the went to FC Utretch with the 2:0 and continue the match with fc utretch grin grin grin no naa
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by advanceDNA: 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2023
Myer:

It poses a bit of a challenge when we box everyone together.
Among single mothers, there are various kinds of women.

What usually is the issue is if she has not healed or learnt from her past relationship cos there was a reason the last relationship did not work out- either her fault, or the father's fault or both parties at fault.

As long as she has healed or learnt from the experience, single parents can be the best wives/mothers because they should have learnt what it takes to be responsible and think beyond their own needs alone.

Heal koor...hell niii....

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by TayusKilzEasyjay(m): 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2023
Nicepoker:
Ajax vs feyeboord. Started from 2:0 down.

The game was restarted ode
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by tonicyril: 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2023
Tommydare:
Kai. Na sportybet full this one head
I don't play it bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fans Left Shocked As Zodwa Wabantu Cleans Her House Pantyless / Be Sincere. Why Are You Not In A Relationship? / Yvonne Orji And Emmanuel Acho, Her Boyfriend Vacation In Mexico (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.